AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-19, 09:18   Link #141
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
There was a thread on AnimeOnDVD's forums about "Ambiguous Hair Coloring" being a new fad with Gurren Lagann's Nia and Frontier's Sheryl Nome being the two examples used in the OPs post.

So um what color is Sheryl's Hair? Goes from Blonde to Pink to everything in between at times.
I believe her hair is consistent outside of concerts, where I think she uses holographic displays to modify her appearance.
Old 2008-05-19, 09:27   Link #142
Tsuchiro

Quote:
There was a thread on AnimeOnDVD's forums about "Ambiguous Hair Coloring" being a new fad with Gurren Lagann's Nia and Frontier's Sheryl Nome being the two examples used in the OPs post.

So um what color is Sheryl's Hair? Goes from Blonde to Pink to everything in between at times.
i think it was announced strawberry blonde.
Old 2008-05-19, 09:27   Link #143
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Well, like you said, it's ambiguous . Some people would call it strawberry blonde, but I'm not sure it would look that way in real life. It's definitely more blond, as we can see from a lot of scenes where there's no shade of pink. As a part of her charm, it works a lot for me

So, I saw the scans from the April 2008 Animation Note magazine shared by Renato, from macrossworld, and I'm just amazed by the number of clothes they designed for Sheryl...like, wow

Spoiler for Only a sample:

If those scans aren't made to be shared, sorry and I'll remove them.
Old 2008-05-19, 09:31   Link #144
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah I looked up Strawberry blonde, it's more red than Sheryls. Thanks for the scans btw, should be right to post them here I think. Need to see her wear the second from the left in the show!
Old 2008-05-19, 09:36   Link #145
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Yeah I looked up Strawberry blonde, it's more red than Sheryls. Thanks for the scans btw, should be right to post them here I think. Need to see her wear the second from the left in the show!
eh? she wore that already.. like twice

only one we haven't seen is the last one
Old 2008-05-19, 09:41   Link #146
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
eh? she wore that already.. like twice

only one we haven't seen is the last one
Was it an outfit for the concert? I don't think they used those exact costumes, I don't remember those fishnets from the third one

More clothes, beware, huge scans ahead:
Spoiler for first pic:

Spoiler for sencond pic:
Old 2008-05-19, 09:58   Link #147
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Was it an outfit for the concert? I don't think they used those exact costumes, I don't remember those fishnets from the third one
exact costume except missing the hat

Spoiler for ep1:

Spoiler for ep7 :
Old 2008-05-19, 10:06   Link #148
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks like I wasn't paying enough attention When did she wear the 3rd one?

*looks at second scan*

Do want those two costumes animated!
Old 2008-05-19, 10:13   Link #149
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Looks like I wasn't paying enough attention When did she wear the 3rd one?

*looks at second scan*

Do want those two costumes animated!
3rd one was from end of ep 3
Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2008-05-19, 10:33   Link #150
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
3rd one was from end of ep 3
Spoiler for ep 3:
Thanks

And that's some mad observation skills (although I just noticed they wrote the episode number above the outfits XD). I still fail as a Sheryl fan though
Old 2008-05-19, 10:36   Link #151
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Thanks

And that's some mad observation skills (although I just noticed they wrote the episode number above the outfits XD). I still fail as a Sheryl fan though
What she said lol
Old 2008-05-19, 10:47   Link #152
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I believe her hair is consistent outside of concerts, where I think she uses holographic displays to modify her appearance.
Yes, that's my impression, too.

Nice scans, I love it when the characters actually change their clothes, it would look quite ridiculous if a pop-idol has a single stage outfit. I hope for a concert with the third costume ASAP.

Old 2008-05-19, 10:49   Link #153
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Yes, that's my impression, too.

Nice scans, I love it when the characters actually change their clothes, it would look quite ridiculous if a pop-idol has a single stage outfit. I hope for a concert with the third costume ASAP.
Yep and as for another concert

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-19, 15:21   Link #154
cry
Berry Bunny

thanks for the scans! i like her outfits!
Old 2008-05-19, 23:56   Link #155
SymphonicRain

Is it just me who thinks that Sheryl's character design is deliberately made to possess same features as Lacus? (Pink hair, blue eyes)This is all done with an intention to prove the point that Sheryl is an authentic songstress than Lacus?

Afterall, any character designer will logically design the songstress character of Macross at least looking different than a major character that appeared from a gundam series not too long ago. One who happends to be a songstress too. And this is too much than just a coincidence.

Last edited by SymphonicRain; 2008-05-20 at 00:16.
Old 2008-05-20, 00:30   Link #156
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Is it just me who thinks that Sheryl's character design is deliberately made to possess same features as Lacus? (Pink hair, blue eyes)This is all done with an intention to prove the point that Sheryl is an authentic songstress than Lacus?

Afterall, any character designer will logically design the songstress character of Macross at least looking different than a major character that appeared from a gundam series not too long ago. One who happends to be a songstress too. And this is too much than just a coincidence.
Honestly, I don't notice any similarity at all. In terms of character concept, Sheryl obviously descends from the Macross lineage of songstresses. In terms of characterization, Sheryl differs wildly from Lacus Clyne in both role and personality. Even in terms of visual cues, their salient features are quite different - mouth, hips and breasts in the case of Sheryl; and hair, eyes and hairclip in the case of Lacus.
Old 2008-05-20, 00:34   Link #157
glyph

Quote:
I don't really see a resemblance, except the fact that Lacus is also allegedly a pop idol.

Someone else, however,
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2008-05-20, 00:49   Link #158
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:

I see no resemblance to Lacus at all. If anything, I see more similar traits from Meer.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-05-20, 01:01   Link #159
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Honestly, I don't notice any similarity at all. In terms of character concept, Sheryl obviously descends from the Macross lineage of songstresses. In terms of characterization, Sheryl differs wildly from Lacus Clyne in both role and personality. Even in terms of visual cues, their salient features are quite different - mouth, hips and breasts in the case of Sheryl; and hair, eyes and hairclip in the case of Lacus.
Yeah that's what I think too, and it's obvious that Lacus and Meer were inspired from the Macross franchise.
Old 2008-05-20, 01:15   Link #160
Wesley84

Quote:
Yeah that's what I think too, and it's obvious that Lacus and Meer were inspired from the Macross franchise.
They're more like Princesses from your classic Space Opera. At least Lacus is anyway. Remember, Lacus is political and a Rebel. I haven't heard any Idol or Macross love interest being described as either.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters