AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 13:10   Link #1921
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Seeing Hina dressed up makes me wonder if Hayate is actually going to wear something other than his butler uniform.

... I hope he wears something stupidly casual to make Hina angry at him.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:30   Link #1922
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Spoilers for 237 already, huh?

Hayate's reaction to seeing Hina dressed up nice: ..............dotdotdotdotdot, plus no blushing either. Yeah, if she confesses, it ain't gonna end well.

Hmmm, she's dressed up... well not to my taste, but sort of nice I guess. I can already picture her sobbing, after the failed confession, and running away in high heels. Afterwards a heel breaks, she falls down in mud, and ruins the dress. .....Am I exaggerating?

Well it's a possible scenario that will never happen, because from what I hear, Hata's head is going to roll if it does. Hehe.

The only thing bothering me is that it's not going to end well, and for things to really progress Hayate needs to confront Athena one on one, and sort everything out without any misunderstandings!

But I'm wishing for too much now, eh?

Oh, and thanks for the spoilers btw.
If he want to do it, he must get rid of other girls and any one in this manga first, so they won't interfere with their meeting. A pattern that I catch is: every time Hayate want to do something right, other creature/people in this manga will help him ruined it (by or not by purpose) be it Mikado, Tama, Maria, Hinagiku, Nagi, Mikado's Fortune chaser, etc.
This patented Hata-Bastard storyline always irritating me ofcourse which trigger my Hatred toward this mangaka (I never have Love or Hatred toward a mangaka before I know this Hata Bastard).
Till 10th chapter it's still feel funny, till 15th chapter it's boring, after 20 chapter I start developing some urge to break that sensei neck bones, after 100 chapter...I want to skinned him alive for my carpet.

So this is the step Hayate must do in order to do the right thing this time:
1.Get Rid other character (kill them or he leave them to somewhere else)
2.Meet A-Tan after defeat Machina whose after his stone
3.Made up with her and confess his feeling no matter what (directly or by letter)
4.Reveal his condition now to A-Tan and the problem he face to come back to her
5.Back to the community of annoying kind at Sanzenin household
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:55   Link #1923
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
You know, at this rate, I might start hating Athena(I don't like her already though). I didn't like Hinagiku very much because I was so sick of her fans in other sites. Somehow, Athena is flowing towards the same direction for me.
Seems like every post needs to be about / in favor of A-tan and anti the other characters nowadays.. First time I'm really starting to hate a character because of the fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I don't think I've seen ch236 yet. But here you go.
Spoiler for link of spoiler pic for ch237:
Thanks for the early spoilers, seems like they keep coming out earlier each week xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman
Seeing Hina dressed up makes me wonder if Hayate is actually going to wear something other than his butler uniform.

... I hope he wears something stupidly casual to make Hina angry at him.
You can clearly see he's wearing a costume in some of the panels. Not sure if it's his butler uniform or not though.

Quote:

Hayate's reaction to seeing Hina dressed up nice: ..............dotdotdotdotdot, plus no blushing either. Yeah, if she confesses, it ain't gonna end well.
I'm not sure but that seems more like a "stunned" expression to me and adding to that is the panel on the bottom of that page where he seems to be saying smth nice while blushing a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surerman
Till 10th chapter it's still feel funny, till 15th chapter it's boring, after 20 chapter I start developing some urge to break that sensei neck bones, after 100 chapter...I want to skinned him alive for my carpet.
I really wonder how you could ever keep on reading the manga then.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:03   Link #1924
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Nah, that's too complicated. A way simpler solution would be this.

When they meet again, in company of others, or alone, whatever...

Hayate: A-TAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!! DAAAIIIIISUUUUUUUUKIIIIIIIIIIIIII desu~!!!
Everyone: WTF O_O?!
Athena: *embarrassed, hiding her face behind her fan*
Hayate: *huf* *huf* *huf* (heavy breathing after yelling that)

Hayate then proceeds to extort money from Nagi, to pay for hitmen to find his parents, and murder them. But before that, torture them into telling him where they sold her ring so he can get it back.

He gets it back and dashes towards Athena, kneeling before her, shining like a supernova (everyone still watching in a daze). He then returns her the ring she gave him, that he just recovered, and offers her a new diamond ring, and asks her forgiveness, and her hand in marriage.

Spoiler for The Unexpected:

Oh, don't bother answering to this post. It's a bunch of messed up stuff I made up in the moment. Was quite fun writing it.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:32   Link #1925
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i agree with Rah, epic twists
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:58   Link #1926
RockD
's Most Ignored

Quote:
You know, at this rate, I might start hating Athena(I don't like her already though). I didn't like Hinagiku very much because I was so sick of her fans in other sites. Somehow, Athena is flowing towards the same direction for me.
yeah... I'm starting to hates some characters because of the fans.
it's okay if someone got obsessed with certain character, but they must at least respect other characters as well. they have no right for insulting other characters while they proudly said that their fave chara is the best.
RockD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 16:01   Link #1927
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I don't hate characters because of the fans, that just seems silly. Why take it out on the character when they didn't actually do anything? We should at least try to be a little objective here.

The only characters I dislike so far are Nagi and Hamster, the former because she's a spoiled brat who seems fairly useless and doesn't seem to grow or develop in any way. The latter because she is almost as annoying as isn't even funny to make up for it. Still I do recognize that they are only characters and rather than kill them off I would just like less focus on them or positive character development.

As for the next chapter, I'm not sure how to read their expressions but I think Hayate may be stunned. Who knows, maybe all he needs is to have a good time with Hina tonight to help him feel better and make him act more like himself again. I really hope something good will finally happen to at least one of them.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 17:39   Link #1928
Maydie

Hayate decides to live with A-Tan and leaves Nagi?
That will surely never happen, besides, Nagi's childish personality, love for Hayate, and her Never-Want-To-Lose personality would never allow that.

I think this is the situation with the highest chances of happening...

1. Hinagiku successfully(truely) confesses her love to Hayate, but with some words mistaken arrogantly because of her shy and Never-Want-To-Lose personality which will never let her say such things like "OH HAYATE I LOVE YOU" directly. And therefore Hayate interprets it wrongly, and takes it in a friend to friend relationship way, more like "Let's be more kind to each other as friends!".

or..

2. Hinagiku confesses in a wierd way at first and Hayate can't understand. He starts saying things like " Huh? what?". Hinagiku gets pissed off and just yells out "I SAID I LOVE YOU". This is a worst case scenario which I doubt would happen because as someone mentioned before already, the author would not make Hinagiku = Ayumu#2

And the situation with the least chances of happening...

3. Hinagiku and Hayate having good time together. A-Tan sees this and she realizes that "Hayate doesn't love me anymore" and decides to put all her focus to achieve the stone.

And as many people mentioned already, the more A-Tan sees Hayate, the more she will realize that love is more important than getting the stone.
BUT WHO KNOWS? HAYATE ALWAYS MISINTERPRETS/MISUNDERSTANDS/SAY THINGS SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND and drives the storyline crazy all the time.

Oh... and nobody ever mentioned before, but I think that Hayate's mysterious brother will have a really BIG role in the story later on.
Maydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 17:50   Link #1929
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Hayate x His Brother

TRUE END.

FIN.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 17:55   Link #1930
Maydie

Oh and btw,
is it just me or other people also think that Hayate feels the closest(in love) to (from greatest to least)...

1. A-Tan(I don't need to explain)
2. Ayumu(Ayumu confessed to Hayate her love, and he treats/speaks to her as a lover, rather than merely a good friend. I realized this in the beach scene around chapter 230~ish.
3. Hinagiku/Maria (Hayate said several times that "Hinagiku is pretty", but still never thinks of loving/dating her. He just thinks both Maria and Hinagiku as someone higher in position, although he tries hard to become good friends)
4. Nagi(Hayate compeletely treats Nagi as a child enough said)
5. Izumi and (I forgot the name of the girl who always calls Hayate as HAYATA! HAYATA!!) (maybe i should just exclude these two from the list)
Old 2009-08-11, 17:59   Link #1931
Maydie

Quote:
Hayate x His Brother

TRUE END.

FIN.
true

A-TAN = SOLO
NAGI x WATARU, I thought they were suppose to marry?..
MARIA x KLAUS
HINA x LIGHT
Old 2009-08-11, 18:31   Link #1932
IndoViking

Thanks for the early spoiler. I wonder, how did they get it so fast?

This...won't end well. We haven't seen the last page, right?
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:33   Link #1933
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maydie View Post
Oh and btw,
is it just me or other people also think that Hayate feels the closest(in love) to (from greatest to least)...

1. A-Tan(I don't need to explain)
2. Ayumu(Ayumu confessed to Hayate her love, and he treats/speaks to her as a lover, rather than merely a good friend. I realized this in the beach scene around chapter 230~ish.
3. Hinagiku/Maria (Hayate said several times that "Hinagiku is pretty", but still never thinks of loving/dating her. He just thinks both Maria and Hinagiku as someone higher in position, although he tries hard to become good friends)
4. Nagi(Hayate compeletely treats Nagi as a child enough said)
5. Izumi and (I forgot the name of the girl who always calls Hayate as HAYATA! HAYATA!!) (maybe i should just exclude these two from the list)
Sounds about right.

Though, for number 5, I assume you meant Isumi (Kimono, spirit-buster girl) first, and then Izumi (Hayata, nya ha ha girl).
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:51   Link #1934
Used Can

Quote:
You know, Used Can is good at Japanese too.
I'm limited to furigana, but I'll take that as a big compliment, nonetheless. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I don't hate characters because of the fans, that just seems silly.
Shipper-logic, sad but true.
Personally, if I hated characters because of their fans, I'd probably wouldn't like any character at all.
Old 2009-08-11, 21:00   Link #1935
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Shipper-logic, sad but true.
Personally, if I hated characters because of their fans, I'd probably wouldn't like any character at all.
You could like... Risa, Yukiji, and maybe Miki. If they have any fans, they sure aren't vocal.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 21:21   Link #1936
Used Can

True, true... but you know what I've meant.

Anyway, spoilers? This fast? That was nice. Thanks Tom Bombadil.

I wonder if the date starts in this chapter or in the next one. Anyhow, I wouldn't like it to be interrupted. I want it to reach some conclusion (whatever that conclusion may be).
Old 2009-08-12, 01:33   Link #1937
bebichocpha

So finally , Hina dicide to confess to hayate. Hope Hata will not ruin it can wait for chap 237
hope athena see it :P
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 04:19   Link #1938
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wonder if the date starts in this chapter or in the next one. Anyhow, I wouldn't like it to be interrupted. I want it to reach some conclusion (whatever that conclusion may be).
However, I doubt that it will have anything conclusive...

It's clear that even if Hina _does_ manage to overcome her shyness and confesses, it will not be accepted. It can't be. Hayate has too much on his plate - Nagi is more than a handful, and he needs to sort out his issues with A-tan first (where, contrary to many A-tan shippers, I don't see romantic love on Hayate's side at the moment, but rather a desperate need to seek for forgiveness by apologizing).

So, is Hata going to hamsterize Hina too? Let her confess openly and then leave Hayate unable to give a real answer? Possible, but somehow strikes me as unlikely, because it accomplishes nothing. Have Hayate openly reject her? Somehow feels unlikely too.

I'd be happy if the dinner scene would accomplish one thing: Make Hayate realize that Hina might love him, and thus might not be "out of reach" for him. The "Hina question" should be put on his plate to contemplate, without forcing him to answer right away. And here, some form of interruption in the critical middle seems like the "typical" way to do it - bringing the point across, but avoiding a situation forcing a definite answer.

Another aspect of progress would be in "the other direction". Hina has several misconceptions about Hayate aswell, and the dinner could address some of these too. Like for example, Hayate's constant worry that he's angering Hina, all the time. Or Hayate's feeling that Hina is "in a different league". Or Hayate's issues with A-tan.

In a nutshell, c237 will not solve the Hina question. I expect it to give both characters to gain some new perspectives of each other, and then the A-tan question will interrupt anything definite (not to say "premature"). In the past, I had guessed that Hina's confession would trigger the end run. And it feels a tad early for that
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:32   Link #1939
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Seems like every post needs to be about / in favor of A-tan and anti the other characters nowadays.. First time I'm really starting to hate a character because of the fanbase.
Damn right! that's why I didn't like Hinagiku after all, even when she have one of my favorite color, Pink
Her fans and all annoying kind around Hayate with popularity around 1st till 4th place at poll isn't appealing for me, strange huh?
But ..this 5 character really attract me....especially my brutal behavior (Mikado,Gilbert,Yukiji,8,and Tama) but most of all is..HATA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
I don't have a choice, there not so much entertainment here beside beat anyone who challenge you or eat cookies once a year. Some times we gang on some strong opponent to sent him to hospital, but the fun is gone when an Ambulance leave our Playground

Last edited by surerman; 2009-08-12 at 13:01.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:52   Link #1940
bebichocpha

Quote:
Seems like every post needs to be about / in favor of A-tan and anti the other characters nowadays.. First time I'm really starting to hate a character because of the fanbase
yeah yeah u can type whatever u want, so we are

Quote:
bc u are not real otaku
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen