AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 04:34   Link #201
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Thanks alot, graham, Well as for gundam songs, i am more into gundam tracks that are more rock N roll but this track is preety heart warming and i guess it suits gundam unicorn which is about a boy and girl going on an adventure in a gundam.

The MS designs are sexy, especially that blue one and i cannot wait the see the NT-D system in action.
Old 2010-01-26, 09:57   Link #202
Ypocaramel

It's slower and softer, which is suitable for a more nostalgic work like Gundam UC. Despite all the references to earlier series in 00, I see 00 as essentially a forward looking, progressive piece with a very declaratory tone, which is why Daybreak's Bell was suitable there. For Gundam UC though, I've thought this song was amazing since PV2. Plus:

Spoiler for PV3:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:36   Link #203
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Her voice does not suit singing at all. I'm not sure what made Sunrise choose her for this particular series, but unless they somehow smooth it out for the ending, it's gonna be crappy.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:41   Link #204
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Ryuusei no Namida reminds me of one of them Gundam Evolve songs... Forgot which one was it.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:18   Link #205
konart

I've updloaded new trailer here, enjoy
Old 2010-01-26, 12:20   Link #206
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Link isn't working 4 me but hopefully i won't be the first of many who have this problem
Old 2010-01-26, 12:24   Link #207
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPrfwbJQIh8
Old 2010-01-26, 12:45   Link #208
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
You are always so sweet to me graham * Warm Tears*
Old 2010-01-26, 15:40   Link #209
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Wow they're really spoiling us with the trailers aren't they? And I don't mean spoiling as in revealing almost the entire course of the series like with that lame slideshow the Haruhi movie trailer did, I mean spoiling as in releasing 4 of them so far with each one adding a new twist while still (I assume) making people want to watch the OVA.

The 360 panoramic cockpit and the Nahel Argama sure are a sight for sore eyes especially.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 22:31   Link #210
mike_s_6

Eh, that song is really "meh", in singer skill, delivery, arrangement, composition... Why didn't they hire better composers or artists for this one?

The animation looks good though!!!
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:52   Link #211
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Eh, that song is really "meh", in singer skill, delivery, arrangement, composition... Why didn't they hire better composers or artists for this one?

The animation looks good though!!!
I really don't understand what people here are finding so bad about it, but I am now curious to see what the reactions will be once it's released and a larger group gets in on it. It is admittedly a pretty minimalist song in terms of everything, but that's kind of what I like about it versus other idol songs which I find tend to be too overproduced, autotuned and grating. Hope it finds a place within the anime's ending sequence.
Old 2010-01-27, 01:33   Link #212
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I don't find the song bad at all, but it really didn't capture my attention. The melody is not memorable enough, it'll really have to pair itself with the animation to burn itself into my mind.

Compared to songs like Anna(something by See-saw) and Prototype in 00, those songs immediately took a place in my heart when I heard a tiny piece of them in early PVs.

The animation looks incredible, they're going ALL out on this one. I hope the Unicorn transformation scene wouldnt be featured in every episode, like a typical sailormoon transformation/super robot gattai.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 06:17   Link #213
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I really don't understand what people here are finding so bad about it, but I am now curious to see what the reactions will be once it's released and a larger group gets in on it. It is admittedly a pretty minimalist song in terms of everything, but that's kind of what I like about it versus other idol songs which I find tend to be too overproduced, autotuned and grating. Hope it finds a place within the anime's ending sequence.
Idol song or not, she's just a bad singer in general. The song itself is ok but the execution isn't where it needs to be.
Old 2010-01-27, 06:32   Link #214
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilDbVHmfm0

Gundam Unicorn PV3

only stabile version (video - sound syncronization problem fixed) enjoy!
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 07:00   Link #215
mike_s_6

Quote:
I really don't understand what people here are finding so bad about it...
I didn't find it "bad", just "run-of-the-mill", and too simple for a big franchise's anniversary production. I would probably have been pleased with a song that is outstanding in any criteria, but it was unimpressive in all aspects. But I do acknowledge that music appreciation varies from person to person, so I'm not really trying to make anyone buy into my own opinion.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 07:35   Link #216
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I don't find the song bad at all, but it really didn't capture my attention. The melody is not memorable enough, it'll really have to pair itself with the animation to burn itself into my mind.
Actually come to think of it I doubt there will be an animation so much as a segue into a credit sequence which is more the norm for Sunrise productions these days.

Anyway again here's to me being the only person on this forum that likes the theme song and wants to add it to my collection when the time comes. Looks like even in the Gundam fandom I still end up in the minority.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:29   Link #217
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Actually come to think of it I doubt there will be an animation so much as a segue into a credit sequence which is more the norm for Sunrise productions these days.

Anyway again here's to me being the only person on this forum that likes the theme song and wants to add it to my collection when the time comes. Looks like even in the Gundam fandom I still end up in the minority.
You're not a minority within a minority. You're just special, a Newtype withint Oldtypes.

Does that make you feel better?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 12:24   Link #218
Kikuchi

For those who didn't notice yet, there an extended version of PV3 out there. It's 6 minutes long and consists of explainations about the situation, the characters and the Mobile Suits that appears in episode 1.

It's really nice, but you may consider NOT watching it if you don't want to be spoiled.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 15:37   Link #219
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
6 minute version PV 3 : new footages , MS descriptions and more

PV 2's English subbed version

Last edited by Akuma_Blade; 2010-02-03 at 15:51. Reason: New Info
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 17:32   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
For those who didn't notice yet, there an extended version of PV3 out there. It's 6 minutes long and consists of explainations about the situation, the characters and the Mobile Suits that appears in episode 1.

It's really nice, but you may consider NOT watching it if you don't want to be spoiled.
Yeah i was thinking that. Will probably stay away from it so i can stay fresh for the first episode, though knowing me i'll be watching it in the morning.