AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: School Rumble Favourite Character(s) Poll (Multiple choice allowed)
Harima Kenji 491 67.35%
Karasuma Ooji 40 5.49%
Hanai Haruki 106 14.54%
Imadori Kyosuke 130 17.83%
Harry McKenzie 31 4.25%
Togou Masakazu 54 7.41%
Tsukamoto Tenma 153 20.99%
Sawachika Eri 446 61.18%
Suou Mikoto 172 23.59%
Takano Akira 110 15.09%
Tsukamoto Yakumo 401 55.01%
Sara Adiemus 48 6.58%
Ichijou Karen 134 18.38%
Lala Gonzales 48 6.58%
Nakamura 18 2.47%
Osakabe Itoko 82 11.25%
Anegasaki Tae 45 6.17%
Asou Hiroyoshi 43 5.90%
Yoshidayama Jirou 13 1.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 729. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-25, 01:59   Link #201
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
... Totally different from Ayase and Sawamura...(except the midget type)
Ayase is just too... LOL i have never seen a girl, who fights that hard to be loved by the guy, she loves.
Old 2009-06-25, 05:25   Link #202
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Ayase is just too... LOL i have never seen a girl, who fights that hard to be loved by the guy, she loves.
what about eri?! hahaha xD

what I meant, was, that Harima is the best "GOLD-HEART DELINQUENT" I have seen so far

sure there are animes with better gold-heart guys and even worse (meaning: having even more fights and stuff) delinquents than Harima, or guys who get all the girls in the anime, or guys who are even more stupid than him, but they can't combine everything like Harima

he's the best mix of these categories
he's so damn stupid that I can't bear it sometimes (misunderstanding everything xD)
but if it comes to important things he'll stand straight like a man and he will solve it, even if it ends in a misunderstanding again^^
he's no womanizer but he gets along with all the main chara girls and he even has a few hormones to make girls to fall in love with him

he's simply the best mix (my opinion xD)
Old 2009-06-25, 07:26   Link #203
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Eri had the advantage over Ayase because she knew right away Harima couldn't be seduced by her sexyness to where Ayase being clueless thought Sawamura could be seduced.. and instead gets ignored when she fixes herself to appear more attractive.

Eri took different approaches according to what she knew.. which was very little, so she tried to find something that she could share in common with him. Asking him on the oyster date

Ayase just reminds me of Eri, which sadly for her she ended up with zip.. which could have easily happened to Eri... Had KJ decided to hook Tenma up with Harima.

It's sad really.. Harems aren't really satisfying in my book but a step better than having girls left out.
Old 2009-06-25, 18:28   Link #204
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Well.. nothing really beats Negi.. dude goes to an all girl school and practically gets all his students, and later even new comer girls.
Harima beats Negi! <.<

I don't know the anime, since series like this scream 'DO NOT WATCH' for me ... but:
Being a chick magnet doesn't equal awesomeness!
Their morals and character is what counts. Like; Onizuka IS a pervert, but he's still such a great guy, that it doesn't really matter.
Otherwise I just don't have much respect for Harem protagonists. They tend to be wusses that just get all the girls through their kindness ... boring XD But that's my taste~

And Harima is popular with the ladies because he isn't trying. You see how he does WHEN he tries in his scenes with Tenma ... xD

I don't know the Negi guy (just seen some pictures and stuff) but he definetly (!!) can't beat Harima! D:

No char can imo anyway ... since I'm a Harima fangirl to boot!

Quote:
God, her efforts ... I laughed so hard I cried. How she had everything planned out ... up to the very minutes! XD
But in the end she was just too scared to approach him directly, so she made the victory plans

Quote:
Eri had the advantage over Ayase because she knew right away Harima couldn't be seduced by her sexyness to where Ayase being clueless thought Sawamura could be seduced.. and instead gets ignored when she fixes herself to appear more attractive.

Eri took different approaches according to what she knew.. which was very little, so she tried to find something that she could share in common with him. Asking him on the oyster date

Ayase just reminds me of Eri, which sadly for her she ended up with zip.. which could have easily happened to Eri... Had KJ decided to hook Tenma up with Harima.

It's sad really.. Harems aren't really satisfying in my book but a step better than having girls left out.
Well, as I stated earlier .. I'm not a fan of harem. They seem forced and reek of bad writing.
I think it's the worst way a 'romance' anime could end. It's not like you die if you don't get the guy you like. Love isn't sharable between 3 or more equally. It just doesn't work and thus is way more sad for me than having a happy couple and a girl that has to move on. I just think the authors wants to please the fans and/or unable to write a proper end.

And in Ayase's case .. I felt sorry for her too, but imo it would have felt stupid if she had a back up just like that. The way it ended was just fine for me. It would have felt forced. To show her getting over it / coping with the situation was nicely done imo. The life goes on message in her case was a nice change (comparing to other anime).
I just don't think that everyone needs to be paired off with someone, to be a part of the happy ending.

Ayase didn't knew more about Sawamura than Eri about Harima. They only know what they get from interacting with them or hearing something.
But an approach like Ayase is just impossible for Eri. Yes, Ayase always disguised her intentions in a way so she always had a way left to deny everything and keep her pride, BUT Eri is just not able to be seductive to Harima. She just can't.
It's already hard for her to talk nicely to him. The only time she's been just a little bit in that seductive way, was when she reminded him of the 'promise' to go to the oyster bar with her, with a lovely, inviting smile.
...Or the time he stayed at her place and she smiled like that to him unconciously when saying "No one ever said something like that to me")
But I can only remember these two smiles. Everything else what comes to mind is "HIGE!! "

Normally she isn't able to show her nice side to him. Whenever she sees him she starts to be the Eri, only her friends and Kenji, know. The one that makes a face, slaps, screams around, kicks and picks fight without a reason.
We even see Harima being shocked as hell about her acting like a sweet girl, when they are in the temple and she doesn't know he's him.
Her interactions with worker-san and the regular ones with Hige, just show how different she acts around him.

..... same can be said about Harima, too. He's way more bitchy when talking to her.

I always wonder if they'd keep they're bickering attitude if they'd become a couple.
You can't make up, when you don't fight after all
Old 2009-06-25, 19:04   Link #205
Gambino009
Phantom

The fact that Harima see's Eri as nothing more than rich and spoiled doesn't help him talk any better to her.

And yeah, Eri would have a Let/Julia (Rave master btw) relationship with him if they ever became a couple. Julia's always kicking Let's butt.. even if it's simply defending the opinion of another woman (but that's a bit extreme) since she thinks he's cheating on her lol

I guess Harima accepts that part of Eri, if she acted any different he'd probably be worried.
Old 2009-06-26, 10:47   Link #206
hchop

Quote:
Well.. nothing really beats Negi.. dude goes to an all girl school and practically gets all his students, and later even new comer girls.
What about Hayate Ayasaki(Hayate no Gotoku) or Nozomu Itoshiki(Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei)?
Old 2009-07-14, 21:43   Link #207
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

I loved Mikoto, Yakumo, and Eri!! They were my absolute favorite characters in this series!
Old 2009-07-24, 15:47   Link #208
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I must say that in the manga atleast, Yakumo had alot going for her.

Eri seemed a little more likable in the anime, but I guess at the end of the day, I want someone who is willing to share a part of their lives with me. Thats a reference to how much Yakumo puts aside to help Haruma with his life, even if she must sacrifice something for it.

I know she isnt, but if i were to look at one or the other, Eri would seem to be the person Haruma thinks she is. So, I had to vote for Yakumo.

Ofcourse, Ichijou, Tenma, Karasuma also got votes .
Old 2009-07-29, 20:59   Link #209
brucesrule
Fighter

Yakumo is so pretty
Old 2009-08-06, 07:42   Link #210
AphoticEquinox
Astral

Tsukamoto Yakumo!!!! - She is just the loveable younger sister everyone needs

Takano Akira - Hilarious as hell, just her monotonous mood matches with the stunts she pulls

Hiroyoshi Asou - I dunno, he just seems like a nice character that I think deserved from lime light in the anime
Old 2009-08-26, 00:43   Link #211
hachi_go93

my votes:
Karen-I love her strong-in-innnocent personality,
that is the thing that made her cute
Yakumo-so calm that made her adorable
Sara-her cheerfullness made her cute in my eyes
Asou-a cool n manly guy,not pervert too
Harry-too perfect for a word although he lost
to Harima in Sports Day
Karasuma-I think he's adorable coz he's quiet
n feelingless.but inside he's kind
Old 2010-02-04, 08:33   Link #212
Tazawa
The Outcast

fcourse is harimaaaa!!

Harima Kenji ~ higeeeeeee
Hanai Haruki ~ you again?! -keh!
Harry McKenzie ~ i cant stop laugh for his first appreance
Sawachika Eri ~ always appear at perfect moment
Tsukamoto Yakumo ~ i.. imouto san!!
Old 2010-02-04, 14:23   Link #213
2-D
Your two-sided friend

I voted for Harima , Tenma , Yakumo and Imadori.
Old 2010-02-04, 15:56   Link #214
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

sometimes I wonder why so less ppl choose togou or Itoko >.<

I mean togou's totally funny and Itoko's just Itoko lol
xD
Old 2010-02-04, 19:37   Link #215
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably since it's more focus on the girls rather than the women of SR.

As for Togou...I guess many are reminded of that nosy, butting in classmate of them way back in the highschool and college days. lol
Old 2010-02-21, 14:15   Link #216
mcmillan716
-School Rumble Fan-

Send a message via MSN to mcmillan716
Harima, Eri and Asou!!
Old 2010-02-27, 16:12   Link #217
miomio

My favorite character is Harima
Old 2010-02-28, 09:15   Link #218
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by miomio View Post
My favorite character is Harima
hahah
everybody likes Harima
haven't heard a single guy saying that he disklikes Harima xD
Old 2010-02-28, 12:09   Link #219
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We ALL can relate to Harima.
Old 2010-02-28, 13:34   Link #220
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
We ALL can relate to Harima.
Yup, we are all dump and riding a motorbike.