AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2005-01-05, 11:43   Link #21
Magus

Send a message via ICQ to Magus
Where does it say the first two hokages were brothers? I read that in some fansub (anime), but that alone didn't quite convince me.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 12:55   Link #22
Faktor-IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
Where does it say the first two hokages were brothers? I read that in some fansub (anime), but that alone didn't quite convince me.

3rd said , " ididnt expect to meet you two brothers again" or something like that. That was the only reference. But that doesnt necessarily mean they are brothers. Its more likely it was just figure of speech. Like saying they were cofounder or good friends .

These ppl were just assuming..
Faktor-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 13:15   Link #23
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktor-IV
These ppl were just assuming..
No we are not...It's said in the Official stats book that the first and second are brother AS i said in my previous post.
Old 2005-01-05, 13:55   Link #24
Jack Frost
Hi-Ho!

Indeed the Official Character Data Book states that Shodaime and Nidaime were brothers. You could always check out sarcasteak's most informative thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...cter+Data+Book) to read a somewhat incomplete but well done translation of some of the information in the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
That flashback doens't prove that the 2nd was ruling at the time of the flashback....
Besides, I think the phrase: "from tommorow on, you'll be Hokage" that was said to Sarutobi doesn't needs to be taken too seriously, it was more a matter of speaking of the future I reckon.
Well personally I don't see the statment "From tomorrow on, you'll be Hokage" to be foreshadowing in the slightest, it seems quite literal to me; it had a specific time frame as to when he's become Hokage. Had it been foreshadowing I would've expected something a little bit more vague. Of course this is just my interpretation of it.

I think it "is" in fact a possibility that Shodaime and Nidaime held their positions at the same time. It was said that Nidaime "inherited Shodaime's will" after his death; it could simply be said that Nidaime continued his brother's work. Shodaime discovered Konoha (presumably Nidaime was with him at the time) and passed away shortly after. I think that Nidaime "inheriting his will" refers to his furthering the development of Konoha not neccessarily to him assuming the title of Hokage (which I believe he already had).
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 14:38   Link #25
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost
Well personally I don't see the statment "From tomorrow on, you'll be Hokage" to be foreshadowing in the slightest, it seems quite literal to me; it had a specific time frame as to when he's become Hokage. Had it been foreshadowing I would've expected something a little bit more vague. Of course this is just my interpretation of it.
I'v had my doubt on how literal we have to interpret that sentence.
Firstly, Sarutobi at that time was about Naruto's age, maybe a bit older.
Now explain to me, why would a 12~14 year old become Hokage when not only the founder of Konoha is still alive, but also his brother whom inhertited his rank when Shodaime passed away is still around?

It just doesn't make sense that the First Hokage already passed his title on to Sarutobi while he was still alive. Did he forsee his early demise? Did he forsee his brothers early demise? Basically by supposedly making Sandaime Hokage that day, they announced their deaths.
Now Im not saying that you have to die first to pass on the title of Hokage, but what could their reasons have been to pass the Title with both of them still alive and kicking.?

Quote:
I think it "is" in fact a possibility that Shodaime and Nidaime held their positions at the same time. It was said that Nidaime "inherited Shodaime's will" after his death; it could simply be said that Nidaime continued his brother's work. Shodaime discovered Konoha (presumably Nidaime was with him at the time) and passed away shortly after. I think that Nidaime "inheriting his will" refers to his furthering the development of Konoha not neccessarily to him assuming the title of Hokage (which I believe he already had).
Ironically, if this were so, it would awnser my question in the previous paragraph.
But personally I think that Nidaime was Hokage on his own and passed when he died, the Title went to Sarutobi since they already acknowledged him when both alive.
Being that my theory is just as based on nothing as your own, we could both be either right or wrong. Im afraid we'll never get a proper explanation about this unless Kishimoto is willing to tell us more about Shodaime and the founding Of Konoha. I was going to elaborate on this bit seeing as spoilertags are not allowed anymore sadly i'll have to leave you wondering what the hell I was about to say