AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 00:22   Link #81
Sakanaka Shouko

This show looks interesting, I'll surely check it out when it get aired. ^_^
Old 2012-07-08, 12:36   Link #82
Midonin
Last Engage

Sengoku (Past) 01 - The Man That Wasn't Really Hideyoshi

Comparing the various Nobunagas across the shows, Itou's Nobuna comes across as more... tsundere-ish than Toyoguchi's aloof but determined take, and Ookubo's curious version. (Of course, Ookubo's is in the modern day, so her take on things is slightly different.) Comparing other roles...

Yoshimoto lacks the underboobs of Shimizu's, appearing closer to Otome's version of her. With a similar personality, too, though far less doting on the future Ieyasu. Mimori's Ieyasu is similar to Hanazawa's version, though. For now, she lacks the craftiness of Akesaka's portrayal of the character. Mitsuhide... didn't have enough screen time for me to accurately make an assessment, and Collection's hasn't really shown up yet. I'll save that for a future week.

Then there's the Hideyoshis, or Hideyoshi analogues. While Yoshiharu is in a similar position to Yoshino Hide, he knows his Warring States stuff, and is actively trying to keep the timeline chugging along. I don't see him introducing recre-ation anytime soon. Unlike the other two I'm comparing them to, he's also male, which does affect things a bit.

Okay, that's out of the way. Now for the actual show. The visuals are really nice, and I like the OP and ED. While the story of what happened back then has been told several times over, the events that each incarnation chooses to focus on and the people that it brings to the forefront will always vary slightly, and I can say I enjoyed this. It's a pretty well put together show, and the banter between the characters is fun.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 14:34   Link #83
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 16:16   Link #84
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the only thing that made me want to watch this was the character designs, they are very appealing to me(mere eyecandy), but it was surprisingly good, the direction of the battle scene was well done, making it my favorite this season so far, so far this is my second best anime this season, though there are chances this turns out like princess lover.
Old 2012-07-08, 16:48   Link #85
ujiuji

My arbitrary decision to watch any show that features a gender-flipped Nobuna(ga) pays off again. This one, so far, seems to be sticking closer to history that the others I've seen. Which raises the question, can we expect characters to die when they are supposed to? More specifically, cute female characters? I'd admire the writers if they had the guts to do it, not that I want to see characters killed, but it would add a level of tension if we didn't know if Nobuna was going to make it out alive.
Anyway, good looking and entertaining show. I do, however, wonder if it would have any appeal to anybody who had no idea who all these people were.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:45   Link #86
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm loving the Miyama Zero character designs, and Madhouse is doing a great job at re-creating that look. I absolutely love the eyes.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:02   Link #87
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find many Sengoku genderbender animes plotless except for those like this one.... Glad seeing a guy helping out our Lordess Nabunaga-Chan.. Good animation!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:11   Link #88
Candyshark

first I thought it will be next hykka roukan or ikki tousen with obligatory jiggle than i saw plenty of lolis so I thought it won't work. In the end we get cute girls with bad fashion sence. But overall impression isn't bad, animation looks solid maybe even better than Muv-Luv. Will stick around.

First time for me hearing Kaneda Tomoko in anime. Hopefully she won't laugh or I die from stomachache.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:54   Link #89
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Wasn't expecting much from this show but it turned out better than I had thought. I did like the method the MC was using to help Oda. Wasn't expecting much comedy but it made it a lot more enjoyable for me.
Will keep a eye on this show.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:49   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was actually a pretty good first episode. Doing a decent job mixing different elements together here. Can also appreciate a lead who is actually trying to use his knowledge of the period to move things along nicely for himself. After all if he's going to be stuck there might as well move up in the world in the process. I'd say he's a bit over the top with his ogling of the girls, but in that situation finding it hard to blame him.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:15   Link #91
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Loli Paradise!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:23   Link #92
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

This was about as terrible as I expected. Needs more ecchi. And those character designs -- good for people with a forehead fetish I guess.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:27   Link #93
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Best show of the season.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:56   Link #94
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

awesome anime i loved the first ep and the mc was alot better than i thought he would be.

but yeah needs more echhi and alot of yuri ;D
Old 2012-07-09, 04:59   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that was a good episode. A MC that isn't an idiot doing nothing but trying to help fix things.

PS: Mamiko Noto is a Evil warlord! And i hear Griffith as well.
Old 2012-07-09, 06:46   Link #96
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Indeed , a good episode to start.
The plot seems interesting even though it's a re-used Oda nobunaga history.
And the character design are really fine , currently the best compared to others.
Well , many people will be happy cuz the girls are cute + there are some lolis.
Damn Hachisuka's voice , i hate it...
The fights look good aswell. And there's some good humor in , so maybe i'll stick with it.
I hope they'll explain how Monkey appeared there.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:34   Link #97
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I hope they'll explain how Monkey appeared there.
i hope they dont, that sounds like itll take a whole ep and i rather see half naked girls fighting ^^
Old 2012-07-09, 07:51   Link #98
Seihai
スマイリウム

I love the art and animation. The soundtrack so far is really addicting, too. The voice actors are doing their job, and I find it funny that whenever I hear Nobuna talk I think of Sena from Haganai. Anyway, overall a very solid first episode with cute girls, cool fights and a standard MC that, despite his looks, is capable. I'm glad it's not as focused on fanservice as other shows are while still showing us that it can be cute'n sexy.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:47   Link #99
ookamigirl

A little trip to past in the most popular time in history.
Well, at least it is in anime.
So they the famous guys are actually girls this time, not the first time for this.
Yoshiharu sure got himself into an interesting situation.
Wonder if he'll really be Hideyoshi's replacement.
Character introductions were a nice bonus & helpful too.
Will be watching this 'cause of time travel and fighting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:33   Link #100
Domonkazu

Mamiko Noto as villain, kinda rare o,o
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen