AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-20, 22:44   Link #1
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Duets Karaoke Competition II

It is finally the time for the duets karaoke! Yay!
Since I'm tired today, I'll just post the details.

Rules
1. This is a duet karaoke, so that means that two different people has to sing (if more than 2, please contact me and we'll see).
2. Do not use any effects (double voice, change of pitch/tempo, background sound effect, pitch tweaker, echo, etc). If you are not sure what is allowed and what is not, ask me.
3. You may enter with as many as 4 entries.
4. mp3 format is preferred but not required.
5. Any song from an anime/game can be used, even if the original was not a duet.
6. Karaoke tracks are preferred but if you can't find one, you may sing over it but yours and your partner's voice *must be* louder than the original singer's.
7. Tracks should be tagged with the title of the song and the name of the participants.
8. Anybody can participate (forums, IRC, random people from random places) as long as they follow the rules.
9. Songs do not have to be in japanese - it can be in english, latin, russian, etc as long as the song is from an anime/game. Opening/ending songs that has been officially translated are also accepted (for example, the english version of the opening for Inuyasha).
10. Finally, send your entries to kcl822@gmail.com with yours and your partner's name, song title and where it is from.

Like always, the prize will be a surprise.

NEW Deadline for entries: July 6th.

If you are going to be late, let me know first and we'll see if we can arrange something.

Unless something urgent comes up, this one will be broadcasted live (hopefully nothing major will happen). Like always, the torrent of the broadcast will be available for download for those who missed it. Discussion will take place in the animesuki IRC channel (#animesuki@irc.zirc.org).

Voting system will change slightly this time as well - check back for more updates.

Happy singing~

EDIT: I forgot the name was suppose to be "Duets Karaoke Competition II". Can a mod please change the title of the thread - thanks~

Last edited by kcl822; 2006-06-27 at 08:12.
kcl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 00:33   Link #2
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
5. Any song from an anime/game can be used, even if the original was not a duet.
Is this new? So any song from an anime or game is acceptable? Character songs? How about other tracks in an OP/ED single?

Looking forward to submitting my entries and listening to everyone else's duets. Four people, woohoo! Now I need to find more guinea... ahem... partners.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 09:10   Link #3
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Opening, Endings, Character singles, and songs that was played in an anime prominently. What is not allowed is the "bonus" song that comes in in the single. If you're not sure, ask me.
Old 2006-05-22, 00:25   Link #4
indicatoto101

I din't partake in the last karaoke competition, but now that I'm less busy, I'm ready to get down I need better singers than I am...erm PARNTERS, pm if you're interested.
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 08:36   Link #5
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

My daughter is working on Canta Per Me (Japanese) from Noir right now, hehe
My son & daughter will probably do Lunar's opening theme, since they know it (I sing it at night to them among other things).
I don't know many duet type songs, so uhm... I think I'll concentrate on their entries and skip this time around

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 20:20   Link #6
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew
My son & daughter will probably do Lunar's opening theme, since they know it (I sing it at night to them among other things).
I don't know many duet type songs, so uhm... I think I'll concentrate on their entries and skip this time around
Skip? Noooo! You can't skip! So this time around we will listen to your kids? Interesting. Too bad mine are under 4 and thus, too hard to have them (at least the oldest) sing. Hope there will be many entries in this karacomp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
Opening, Endings, Character singles, and songs that was played in an anime prominently. What is not allowed is the "bonus" song that comes in in the single. If you're not sure, ask me.
I think I know what you mean. For example, Beni Arashiro's 'Cherish' single has 'Goal' as one of the songs in the single CD. 'Goal' is the ending theme of Eyeshield 21, even if 'Cherish' is the main song of the single CD. 'Goal' would be the allowed song into a competition, but not 'Cherish'.

Same happens with 'HIKARU suteji', one of the songs I would like to sing in duet and to which I might have found a partner. It's not the main song in the single where it is included. It's the additional song in Harenchi Punch's single cd album where the main song is 'Kyujosho Jump'. I believe that 'HIKARU suteji' would be the allowed song because it is the last ending theme featured in Mushiking while 'Kyujosho Jump', even if it is the main song wouldn't be allowed because it is not featured in any anime.

Did I get this right?
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 21:53   Link #7
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

LOL Shiemi!
I have no partners, have been so busy that I haven't practiced anything, etc LOL
I'll live vicariously through them, and so long as they're having fun, we all win!

Old 2006-05-22, 22:38   Link #8
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Wow, you sing to them at night? How old are they again? I wish my mum sang game/anime songs to me before bed when I was young. (She didn't sing at all. )

LOL Shiemi, you were getting me confused for a bit there, but I believe you are right. Now I wonder if songs from a live action series based on anime would qualify. kcl822?
Old 2006-05-23, 11:48   Link #9
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Now I wonder if songs from a live action series based on anime would qualify. kcl822?
I'm also interested in this question, as at least one of the songs I'm considering is from a "based-off-anime" live-action something or other.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 20:17   Link #10
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

If there is an anime and then a live action, yes. It would also work if there was the live action first and then the anime. As long as there is an equivalent of an anime for the show, pretty much.
Old 2006-05-23, 21:01   Link #11
Fome

Sorry, I won't be in this one. I'm taking a singing Hiatus after i wrecked my voice at Acen Otaku Idol. It was lots of fun, with three eliminations and judges. But i killed my throat.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 21:06   Link #12
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
You were at Acen, Fome? Ah, it was the only year I couldn't go...

So we can do a song from a live-action source, so long as it has some sort of anime counterpart? Very cool. Depending on the vocal chops of me and my partner, we may choose to do something a bit bold and daring (and difficult!) from one of the Prince of Tennis musicals~

But, I haven't really narrowed down the options much...
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 21:46   Link #13
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Wow, you sing to them at night? How old are they again? I wish my mum sang game/anime songs to me before bed when I was young. (She didn't sing at all. )
Heheh, My daughter's 6, my son's 8 (9 in Nov), and I sing whatever they ask me to, usuals are "Part of your world" from little mermaid, "Castle on a cloud" from les mis, the Lunar opening theme, and Hiro no Tsuki from outlaw star
And right now I sing Cante per me to my daughter to help her learn it hehehe

Old 2006-05-23, 22:30   Link #14
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
If there is an anime and then a live action, yes. It would also work if there was the live action first and then the anime. As long as there is an equivalent of an anime for the show, pretty much.
Ah, that's great! Now to see if anyone would care to sing (much less listen to me sing) a duet-able song or two from a certain live action series adapted from a very popular anime and manga.
Spoiler for what it is:

Quote:
Heheh, My daughter's 6, my son's 8 (9 in Nov), and I sing whatever they ask me to, usuals are "Part of your world" from little mermaid, "Castle on a cloud" from les mis, the Lunar opening theme, and Hiro no Tsuki from outlaw star
And right now I sing Cante per me to my daughter to help her learn it hehehe
Interesting range of requests... It's cool to have a mom who doesn't sing the usual "Rock-a-bye Baby" or other typical lullabies.
Old 2006-05-24, 08:18   Link #15
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

If I can find someone to sing with me, I might do Hare Hare Yukai! It's good for a duet.

And I think that's really cute. I sometimes sing "Shiroi Iro wa Koibito no Iro" to my baby sister, and she knows it. Even asks me to sing it for her.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 16:10   Link #16
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I'm making a song with llama. I have no idea what song it is though.
Quote:
I think songs from any Live Actions and Dorama should be accepted. Unless there's a good reason to make it anime only. I mean.. as long as its a Japanese song..
Old 2006-05-25, 05:57   Link #17
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

so what about Densha Otoko? does that count?

lwl12, i'll be a guinea pig if you want...but i'm not very good, i'm sure we could have fun, you can pick a song, and i will try.

wao: i hope you read this, i need an update on whether or not we can still do that song :P
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 14:44   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
so what about Densha Otoko? does that count?
Nope. Its just a drama. I like D-15's "No more cry" from Gokusen 2.. and its a live action. ^^
Old 2006-05-25, 21:03   Link #19
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Let's just say that I'm too lazy to include them or something.
Besides, this is an anime forum - anime!! (even though sometimes stuff that are not from an anime are included...)
Old 2006-05-25, 23:30   Link #20
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Noooo... FOME can't be out again! T_T

Anyway, got one partner and thats Helly. Maybe looking for more, if I can find any songs...

But it's 4 entries per person?! I thought it was 6... ouch.
________
EASYVAPE VAPORIZER

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:20.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition