AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 03:36   Link #7361
Tiberium Wolf

In liveleak.com there some videos with a rectangle definition. What camera are they using?

For example the one in this link
Old 2014-02-04, 04:04   Link #7362
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
In liveleak.com there some videos with a rectangle definition. What camera are they using?

For example the one in this link
Cellphones. People who fail to realize that they should turn their phones sideways to record a video.
Old 2014-02-04, 04:12   Link #7363
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Cellphones. People who fail to realize that they should turn their phones sideways to record a video.
Oh... I am still using my +10y old cellphone (no cam).
Old 2014-02-04, 14:45   Link #7364
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
It use to be that I would have no problem sleeping for eight hours although I was mostly working at the time. Nowadays I have a hard time sleeping and I when I do sleep it is usually for four or five hours. I am worried, my eyesight isn't what it use to be and I am willing to try anything that allow me to sleep for eight hours. What should I do?
Old 2014-02-07, 13:51   Link #7365
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'm looking to start learning Mandarin Chinese. I don't really want to touch characters yet (instead focus on pinyin and spoken). I'm going to try and find a tutor at some point, but I think having a book or website to teach the basics of grammar and whatnot first would be a good idea.

Any suggestions?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 14:32   Link #7366
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I'm looking to start learning Mandarin Chinese. I don't really want to touch characters yet (instead focus on pinyin and spoken). I'm going to try and find a tutor at some point, but I think having a book or website to teach the basics of grammar and whatnot first would be a good idea.
I'm not sure if that's the best way to learn the language. There isn't really a short cut, as you do have to recognise the characters before you can understand how they fit into Chinese grammar. Still, a simple Google search throws up a number of Grammar 101 candidates. This one doesn't seem all that bad.

I rely on online English-Chinese dictionary nciku whenever I need to check a word or translation. It also provides an online learning resource which you may find helpful.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 15:01   Link #7367
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I'm not sure if that's the best way to learn the language. There isn't really a short cut, as you do have to recognise the characters before you can understand how they fit into Chinese grammar. Still, a simple Google search throws up a number of Grammar 101 candidates. This one doesn't seem all that bad.
It's mostly just from my (short) experience of learning Japanese. I found the spoken element much easier then the written element, and I didn't have much patience for learning Hiragana, let alone Kanji. For now I want to start with being able to functionally speak and understand Chinese in a basic way, and use Pinyin as an aid to that.

If I maintain my interest in Chinese, I may then start to learn Characters, in 6 months or so. I would just prefer to get my head around tones, basic syllables, the basic structure and basic vocabulary first.

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2014-02-07 at 15:19.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 21:03   Link #7368
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Questions for Americans only:

How the $#%^ do you get a new e-file pin for filing your tax return, if this is your first year filing? To ask for an e-pin, they ask for information from your 2012 tax return -- which I obviously don't have. And worse than the IRS' own limited information is the utter uselessness of every internet comment I can reach by google, who, to a single worthless dunderhead, can't seem to understand that NEW FILERS DON'T HAVE 2012 TAX FILING INFO TO GIVE OUT. DUH. WHY DO YOU THINK WE'RE ASKING FOR HELP WHEN YOU JUST REPEAT THE IRS' OWN GUIDELINES? :/

I can't reach IRS agents, either, for some reason. Every number I tried led me through computer-automated systems with no "talk to a representative" option in sight.

...sorry, just frustrated. Got my e-file rejected despite trying to get the e-pin the "recommended" way.

Help?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 01:26   Link #7369
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Questions for Americans only:

How the $#%^ do you get a new e-file pin for filing your tax return, if this is your first year filing? To ask for an e-pin, they ask for information from your 2012 tax return -- which I obviously don't have. And worse than the IRS' own limited information is the utter uselessness of every internet comment I can reach by google, who, to a single worthless dunderhead, can't seem to understand that NEW FILERS DON'T HAVE 2012 TAX FILING INFO TO GIVE OUT. DUH. WHY DO YOU THINK WE'RE ASKING FOR HELP WHEN YOU JUST REPEAT THE IRS' OWN GUIDELINES? :/

I can't reach IRS agents, either, for some reason. Every number I tried led me through computer-automated systems with no "talk to a representative" option in sight.

...sorry, just frustrated. Got my e-file rejected despite trying to get the e-pin the "recommended" way.

Help?
Did you try this website? http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Elect...ng-PIN-Request

It looks like you needed to have filed last year to be eligible for a pin this year.

Then again, I filed last year for the first time with turbotax and it went through. Maybe turbotax helped me get the pin or something. I don't remember.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 02:42   Link #7370
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I have two questions for martial artists:

1. I know that when you are rallying up to someone you are goading them to fight harder but Bruce Lee once said, "Use emotional content, not anger." I know we humans are emotional beings but how content do you need in order to fight harder? Aren't we taught to control our emotions or not let them get over us? Is anger bad?

2. What does taking marital arts seriously actually mean? How serious should you take it? And why do need proper techniques to fight effectively?
Old 2014-02-08, 03:00   Link #7371
HasuMasu
*Artist

<<Martial Arts>> is so broad because there are many different styles and they all think differently.

I can't speak for any other martial artist.

1. In my style anger is the ultimate secret technique used only when you have to kill someone. I personally don't think using anger to fight is something anyone less than a master of his style should consider. Even then it might just not fit their style.

2. For me taking martial arts seriously is expressing yourself (through martial arts) and training to be your best (at martial arts).

3. Proper technique is just the most efficient way to do it. No wasted or excessive movements. It's important for fighting effectively because wasted/excess movements present opportunities for opponents to take advantage of, and the maximum power of a technique cannot be drawn out otherwise.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2014-02-08 at 04:27.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 10:08   Link #7372
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's the first thing I tried. It gave me a pin that the IRS rejected.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 14:58   Link #7373
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
That's the first thing I tried. It gave me a pin that the IRS rejected.
I don't know why it would give you a pin and then reject it, but maybe it has to do with the listed eligibility requirement of having filed a 2012 Form 1040, Form 1040-A, Form 1040-EZ or Form 1040-SS (PR).

I'm sorry that I can't be of help.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 02:57   Link #7374
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, for the last few pages, you have been posting questions that already have a dedicated thread. Please don't use this sticky topic out of laziness and please do a search before posting a question here.

- We have an entire section dedicated to tech support
- Several threads focused on martial arts
- A medical thread......... and so on and so on
Old 2014-02-09, 08:50   Link #7375
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So here's a question about Northern Ireland.

Are Americans bias or don't really know that much of The Troubles?

In American media like TV shows or movies, they tend to make the conflict look like between Irish and English. Yet in British and Irish media, they see it as a three side conflict between the Irish nationalists and republicans who wanted NI to part of the Republic of Ireland, Unionists and loyalists who wanted NI to stayed with the UK and the British (along with the Republic of Ireland) government trying to maintain order.

So why is Americans views of this event different compare to the British and Irish views?
Old 2014-02-09, 22:48   Link #7376
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I like Firefox as much the next person and I'll admit it is awesome but sometimes it slows down on me when I am loading flash objects. I want to try to switch browsers but I am not sure if I should, what would be a great Firefox substitute?
Old 2014-02-10, 01:05   Link #7377
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I like Firefox as much the next person and I'll admit it is awesome but sometimes it slows down on me when I am loading flash objects. I want to try to switch browsers but I am not sure if I should, what would be a great Firefox substitute?
I'd suggest looking into this thread rather than asking her .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 18:44   Link #7378
-Kitsune-

I'm curious about how sig images work. I seem to have lost my transparency, and it's showing some compression, and I'm not sure why.
Old 2014-02-10, 23:19   Link #7379
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

@-Kitsune-

How big was it originally in terms of file size and dimensions?

http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?...#faq_rules_3_1
The signature cannot be bigger than 600x160 and the file size must be 100kb or lower.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 15:14   Link #7380
-Kitsune-

Oh, it's 102kb, I guess that would explain it. Bummer. I already sized it to fit, but looks like I'll have to find more fat to trim, even though I've already trimmed so much...

Whelp finally got it down 3kb, but I had to delete several layers, disappointingly. Oh well, I guess thems the breaks.

Last edited by -Kitsune-; 2014-02-12 at 19:30.
-Kitsune- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious