Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 20:28   Link #2001
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
All of the things you've mentioned (except the hype), have been known about by fans.
Shinbo goes through phases? Have the fans been placing cameras in his house? (If so, I can believe it...)

Quote:
We'll probably never know the real reason, so feel free to keep your disagreements.
I think it's useless to speculate about an animation studio instead of the anime itself, but also unlikely that there is only one reason behind a two week delay. Most of all, the possibility exists that animation problems are merely an excuse to cover up the real reasons behind the long delay. You can never trust Twitter, especially if the Tweeter is Gen Urobuchi...

Quote:
I really doubt they'll change the last two episodes, but if they do it's doubtful they'll tell the audience, since that would change the audiences impression of the show (this isn't the "true" ending? wtf!).
Unless the release the "alternate" ending on DVD, thereby pleasing only the hardcore fans.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 21:55   Link #2002
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
I think it's useless to speculate about an animation studio instead of the anime itself
I think you're arguing just to argue. You have one opinion, I have a completely different opinion. There is no viewpoint for you to correct me to, no eye opening revelations your words will awaken me with. Just a bunch of deflective strawman comments that can be summed up as "well, I think differently".

Yes, the whole thing could be one giant hoax meant to generate hype....as if the show needs it. Or it could be that they decided to change the entire ending, although I personally doubt that one. But you're right, it could be anything. I simply picked one possible conclusion from what I've seen posted on various sites and what I know about television scheduling and contracts.

Sure, Gen's known to troll. But I really really doubt he's going to go so far as to piss off his fan base by pulling a Kyubey about an anticipated air date, nor would he lie about the state of the company or the progress of the show after a major disaster. Not only would it look bad for the company, he'd be risking his job and possibly his career.
Old 2011-03-23, 23:06   Link #2003
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
I think you're arguing just to argue. You have one opinion, I have a completely different opinion. There is no viewpoint for you to correct me to, no eye opening revelations your words will awaken me with. Just a bunch of deflective strawman comments that can be summed up as "well, I think differently".
Oh, but if I succeed, then you will consider these other possibilities as equally likely. Kind of reminds me of a former poster here... arguing merely because I have nothing better to do. We can stop at any time, all you have to do is ask me to stop.

The problem lies in the fact that we both have very little evidence to support our conclusions, and even the evidence used is questionable. Essentially, we are putting on blindfolds and tossing ideas at the wall, unaware of whether they stick. If I can convince you that you too are wearing this blindfold, then the point of my argument will have been fulfilled.

I don't think I am lowering your conclusion (turning it into a straw man) to the level where I can take it apart easily. In fact, I accept that your possibility exists. It is just that there so many other possibilities, and they all have reasonable justifications.

Quote:
Yes, the whole thing could be one giant hoax meant to generate hype....as if the show needs it. Or it could be that they decided to change the entire ending, although I personally doubt that one. But you're right, it could be anything. I simply picked one possible conclusion from what I've seen posted on various sites and what I know about television scheduling and contracts.
Why is changing the remaining two episodes such an unreasonable possibility? A traumatic event in real life can easily be remembered through equally depressing events in works of fiction. The people at Shaft do not wish for that to happen, so they make sure all future content is removed of any ground rumbling or screen-shaking effects. They may choose to go further and remove graphic images that even slightly resemble injured earthquake victims.

But the more they change the script, the longer it takes to redo the entire episode... and that could explain the long delay.

Quote:
Sure, Gen's known to troll. But I really really doubt he's going to go so far as to piss off his fan base by pulling a Kyubey about an anticipated air date, nor would he lie about the state of the company or the progress of the show after a major disaster. Not only would it look bad for the company, he'd be risking his job and possibly his career.
I never watched Bakemonogatari, but I hear that got delayed for quite some time. Did that not look terrible upon Shaft's resume? It may indicate that Shaft is willing to ignore time-based obligations to the viewers.

Just like Kyubey, Urobuchi may not be lying. He may simply be concealing more information than what he reveals to us. If so, Urobuchi has good reasons... it would look just awful to blame the art design staff, even if they are the ones responsible.

He simply says the animation is "rough" and keeps the details to himself. Taking it at face value, the animation could be simply sub-par. Or, it could be just awful to look at; a train wreck of shaded lines and colors. It seems reasonable that Urobuchi would "protect" his staff by putting some of the blame upon them, but not flat out calling them terrible artists.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 23:22   Link #2004
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

^ Your post

Quote:
I think you're arguing just to argue. You have one opinion, I have a completely different opinion.

But you're right, it could be anything.
What I've already said.

I think we've reached an impasse.
Old 2011-03-24, 00:23   Link #2005
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Why people are believing 'ending will be changed'? Urobuchi is the only script writer/screenplayer for this entire series, so there is no way it is going to be altered.

Self censorship won't be the case, too. When they said 'different from regular broadcast', it is most likely that it will be webcasted. No need for censored if they do that unless it is too 'sexy'.
I also don't think it will get changed... just saying that if it did happen, change != bad.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 01:50   Link #2006
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato
I also don't think it will get changed... just saying that if it did happen, change != bad.
As long as the ending is done well, does it even matter if it is changed or not? And yes, change != bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Anyway, I am going to excuse myself from this thread...
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 02:14   Link #2007
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Random speculation:

If they just worked on Madoka then they'd manage to release it with a small delay but then suddenly the spring shows would end up getting delayed too because they couldn't finish them since they were working on Madoka,so maybe before finishing Madoka they want to make sure that they're able to finish the sping shows on time.
They'd rather have one big delay than 3 smalll ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
You can never trust Twitter, especially if the Tweeter is Gen Urobuchi...

Ever since he made his tweet where he apologised for misleading everyone and that he'd be back to normal,all his tweets and interviews have been honest.
Old 2011-03-24, 05:05   Link #2008
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
They'd rather have one big delay than 3 smalll ones.
I think even Shaft fans would feel alright with longer waiting for MariaHolic (which wasn't announced until recently anyway) and Denpa Onna (not sure about it, since I can't even get concrete info on what the series is going to be about - except that it seems to have Arakawa-esque characters), if it meant the sooner conclusion of a story WORTH concluding soon.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 07:31   Link #2009
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Something extremely delicious.

http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/0...ed-madoka.html

TS:
[Witch of salvation. Property is mercy. It sucks every organism in this planet and leads them to the new heaven (Enchantment) that she made. The only way to defeat this witch is to destroy every misery in this world. Then, witch will mislead that that world is already heaven.]

Now, tell me that this is obviously not evangelion.
Old 2011-03-24, 07:34   Link #2010
thirdlc

Quote:
I really doubt they'll change the last two episodes, but if they do it's doubtful they'll tell the audience, since that would change the audiences impression of the show (this isn't the "true" ending? wtf!).
True ending? That's it! Given that Producer Iwakami produced Oreimo and only the final volume hasn't been announced yet, perhaps there might be an unaired true ending episode. And given that he is the producer of Bakemonogatari as well, the release of the volume would be delayed and delayed. LOL
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 07:46   Link #2011
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

TS:
[Witch of salvation. Property is mercy. It sucks every organism in this planet and leads them to the new heaven (Enchantment) that she made. The only way to defeat this witch is to destroy every misery in this world. Then, witch will mislead that that world is already heaven.]

If this is real.......

EDIT: http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card27.html

Holy crap......okay...getting serious Index 22 vibes here....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-03-24 at 08:01.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 07:54   Link #2012
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ It's of course real... It is from the official website. >_>
Old 2011-03-24, 08:09   Link #2013
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

TS:

OH GOD. MY MADOKA ENDING. . . Maybe Homura will survive and strangle Madoka saying "kimochi warui" lol bad meme.
Old 2011-03-24, 08:13   Link #2014
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Alternatively they may succeed in preventing Kriemhild Gretchen's birth?
Old 2011-03-24, 08:44   Link #2015
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

TS:

Ok, now I'm getting pumped.

For me, this puts "Mind-Blowing End that's not necessarily Good or Bad, per se" into play.

It could indeed be End of Eva all over again.
Old 2011-03-24, 08:53   Link #2016
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
And here I thought that parallels with Evangelion were a bit too persistent...
So basically Gretchen needn't even destroy the planet itself - she just takes the suicide kiss concept and shortcuts it up to eleven. Going by Kyuubey's energy claims, I think I'll forever see him now as an oil industry shark who hit a bottomless oilfield but ended up digging up a Ctulhu for a bonus.
And so far the only effective way to prevent Gretchen's birth has been to kill Madoka... unless she actually tries to pull off a "never become a witch" wish...
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 09:08   Link #2017
MartianMage

Nah that card isn't gonna be a factor to the ending. They prolly came up with that just for fun. Remember... Homura will just reset if Madoka turns to a witch... and IMO the chances of a "Homura resets time" ending is quite low.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 09:22   Link #2018
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Nah that card isn't gonna be a factor to the ending.
The thing is, you can actually speculate Madoka's possible wish based on that description.

Just think, 'IF MADOKA'S WISH WAS 'EVERYONE BECOMING HAPPY!' or 'PLEASE MAKE EVERYONE TO LIVE IN THE WORLD WITHOUT MISERY!!'?... Then it makes perfect sense, in distorted way. It's like opposite of how Shinji in evangelion was going 'omg just die everyone', but at the end, result is same;

everyone's soul getting sucked into one whatever thing.
Old 2011-03-24, 09:35   Link #2019
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, what about the manga? Has it been delayed as well? I assume so since I doubt they'd want the ending to be revealed in the manga first, but I thought I'd still ask just in case...

Quote:
TS:

Very End of Evangelion-esque indeed. I'm sure Homura would loooove getting sucked into Madoka.
Old 2011-03-24, 09:42   Link #2020
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
I really doubt they would put up a spoilerish card like that on the site before the episodes after all the trouble they went through with the mags and other stuff. I will believe Uro-kun when he assured us of no spoilers to be found anywhere!

I guess the postage of the card rules out an ending of witch Madoka!

Whew
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen