AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-01-21, 13:24   Link #221
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude, in the end Layfon saved her just like I stated earlier,

I find it a bit unfair to put all the blame on Layfon's but not on his team mates (yes, especially Felli unfortunately).

It's sad that I think in the future people would put all the burden in Layfon's hands just because he has exceptional powers. If there are any mistakes just because he's the strongest he's gonna get all the blame.
In the end yes he saved her but it should not taken someones else to relay her thoughts to make him act. Thats like me sitting by and watching you fight 3 guys and say oh he will be alright but only after they got you on the ground kicking you say oh shit I might want to help the guy out. But if we use alls well that ends well then you are right in the end he saved her. Yes im being hard on him because he has so much potential if I thought he was a shit character i was just talk about the girls in show.

I didnt put all the blame on him. I blame the sniper as well for not following orders, i have no clue what the mechanic was doing and felli well we went over that.

I would not doubt that people would rest their hopes on him in the future. When you are born with a strong power there are rarely many options for you other than to use that power to help others. Many animes have shown that characters cause more damage when they run away from their powers usually others suffer. Considering this is Shonnen i expect it to follow the basic formula. I have doubt that Lyfon will experience more hardships and fair bit of unfairness in the future.
Old 2009-01-21, 13:27   Link #222
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , Layfon should leave this city and return with his girlfriend
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:30   Link #223
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I would not doubt that people would rest their hopes on him in the future. When you are born with a strong power there are rarely many options for you other than to use that power to help others.
Yea I see your point. 'With Great Powers Come Great Responsibility' just like uncle Ben said to Parker in Spiderman.

So far Layfon has a good heart with him ignoring Felli's wishes and went saving Nina. Hopefully he'll remain that way in the future haha.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:39   Link #224
zibi88

I think that eventualy Layfon will return to Grandan (the city that he came from) just like in anime OP ^^ maybe they will meet durring some trip or city matches ^^ who knows but Layfon will return there and that girl will be happy again...(at least till she wont learn that Layfon is popular among girls XD)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:52   Link #225
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

You know, it is equally selfish to say "you have the power, now go use it for my ends". He was unfairly dragged in to a situation he didn't want to be in, and now is expected to show enthusiasm ? Why ? Because someone else said he should ? Nina doesn't care about what he thinks at all - all she is interested, to put it bluntly, is dragging some new meat on the field and make it meet her expectations, said person's feelings on the matter be damned. Neither she, nor anyone else, is entitled to his powers just on the notion he has them - they are not public property, despite how much someone might want it so. "but he should have helped his teammates!" ? Why for, considering said teammates have only shown blunt disregard of his opinion on being in said team in the first place ?
Old 2009-01-21, 14:02   Link #226
zibi88

At least the girl who kissed Layfon doesnt care about his powers but who he is in person ^^ yet Layfon choice had not changed besides getting separete from that girl..... he left that city becouse he didnt wanted to fight and full of hope for new life went to another city where he ended in the same situation... he needs to fight becouse someone told him to.....

Layfon could simply pack his stuff and return back where at least other people are not mad at him for showing his full power XD and as a bonus love is waiting for him ^^

Now Layfon will be put under huge burden becouse people know his powers and will except more and more from him like a toy for their own purposes.... Layfon can simply rebel... give me a break or I will leave this town and go back where he came from ^^ and you people work hard to win your match next time...see ya ^^

Now that Layfon showed his power he is the most popular guy there... so even that girl Micchi will have hard time XD so many rivals..... but I wonder if Layfon has any feelings for that girl who kissed him at the beggining ^^
Old 2009-01-21, 14:29   Link #227
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
In the end yes he saved her but it should not taken someones else to relay her thoughts to make him act. Thats like me sitting by and watching you fight 3 guys and say oh he will be alright but only after they got you on the ground kicking you say oh shit I might want to help the guy out. But if we use alls well that ends well then you are right in the end he saved her. Yes im being hard on him because he has so much potential if I thought he was a shit character i was just talk about the girls in show.

I didnt put all the blame on him. I blame the sniper as well for not following orders, i have no clue what the mechanic was doing and felli well we went over that.
Well, this isn't really a matter of 3 guys ganging up on one person in some streetfight. She assumed that risk when she entered the contest, and she actually specifically said she wanted to draw as many of them onto herself, by herself, while acting as a decoy. It's part of what the other captain was getting at when he says she tries to do everything herself (although partly that's because she has an uncooperative team). Also at the end, it really was just that one captain beating on her, while the other two just kept guard.

Ideally, he should have let her be beaten by the 3 guys, and stuck to the plan of running to the unguarded flag while they were concentrated on her. This would have solved the whole issue of him releasing his powers as well, since he wouldn't have revealed himself, and neither Felli or Nina would be mad at him, and he wouldn't have wholly fallen into the President's manipulations.

And in a sense, there's no reason he would be expected to give it his all in the contest. As they mentioned, he probably did think of this as just a game, and probably wasn't mature enough to understand the fact that ultimately the fate of all those people living in that city is at stake. This is surely a naive and irresponsible perspective, but then again, it's not like he was given any time or choice to actually consider that for himself.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 14:45   Link #228
Wargumm1i
Hentai

So the main reason why he pretended to be weak, was because he lost confidence.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 14:48   Link #229
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
So the main reason why he pretended to be weak, was because he lost confidence.
Nah rather becouse he dosnet want to fight.... (since his whole life was about fighting) and he simply wanted to start new normal life... he know that if he exposes his powers his duty to fight will return (he was right there...)
Old 2009-01-21, 14:54   Link #230
ipernorris

I guess Layfon just wishes to live a normal life like a normal boy with a normal chick! Too bad he can't! He'll live an exceptional life like an extraordinary boy with a whole harem of chicks!
The deal isn't too bad, isn't it?!?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 17:07   Link #231
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Well, this isn't really a matter of 3 guys ganging up on one person in some streetfight. She assumed that risk when she entered the contest, and she actually specifically said she wanted to draw as many of them onto herself, by herself, while acting as a decoy. It's part of what the other captain was getting at when he says she tries to do everything herself (although partly that's because she has an uncooperative team). Also at the end, it really was just that one captain beating on her, while the other two just kept guard.

Ideally, he should have let her be beaten by the 3 guys, and stuck to the plan of running to the unguarded flag while they were concentrated on her. This would have solved the whole issue of him releasing his powers as well, since he wouldn't have revealed himself, and neither Felli or Nina would be mad at him, and he wouldn't have wholly fallen into the President's manipulations.

And in a sense, there's no reason he would be expected to give it his all in the contest. As they mentioned, he probably did think of this as just a game, and probably wasn't mature enough to understand the fact that ultimately the fate of all those people living in that city is at stake. This is surely a naive and irresponsible perspective, but then again, it's not like he was given any time or choice to actually consider that for himself.
Those are good points its always smart to end a conflict even a training one quickly which means less casualties. If he would have followed the plan he could have ended the match sooner and hopefully before his Nina went down. I admit i was hard on that guy but its only because i see a lot of potential and i know he will be burdened with a lot in the future.

In a way I inserted my own personality into the mix. Im one for jumping into the fray hell iv jumped into fights to help out a person i didnt even know just because the fight was 3 on 1. Things are looking interesting though im especially interested in the cute girl who left him a bento and how she will affect him.
Old 2009-01-21, 17:14   Link #232
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Things are looking interesting though im especially interested in the cute girl who left him a bento and how she will affect him.
That was great. Someone leaves him a carefully-prepared *pink* bento with a ribbon bow on it...and our wonderfully oblivious hero somehow gets the impression it's a new school lunch or something and gives it to the first girl he meets out of kindness

Part of the reason I like the show so far is that none of the people seem entirely one-sided. The President seems like an evil manipulative sob at first, but he seems to really care for the well-being of the city. That other team's captain seems harsh towards Nina, but we never got the impression he was simply bullying her or taking advantage of his strength.
Old 2009-01-21, 18:50   Link #233
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
. That other team's captain seems harsh towards Nina, but we never got the impression he was simply bullying her or taking advantage of his strength.
Yup. I don't think he is being harsh on her just to be mean as well. If you look at her flasbacks....you can see the one at fault is her, she doesn't seem to care/notice her surroundings when in battle all she cares about is winning. Had he not pushed her back in the flashback she had been hit by that exploding thing...and instead of thanking him...she bitches about how they lost because he held her back.....there's also the matter that she ran ahead of the team ignoring his warnings. And here he meets her again and sees she hasn't changed. He can still she doesn't value her well being as long as she wins....(l think l heard him something like that)

So yeah...l don't think he was being an ass with her.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:54   Link #234
Boduar

I think the other captain was going with the literal "beating the sense" into her.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:57   Link #235
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
I think the other captain was going with the literal "beating the sense" into her.
lulz...
How does the saying go?
If words won't get you to understand, might as well beat it into you
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 19:01   Link #236
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You know, it is equally selfish to say "you have the power, now go use it for my ends". He was unfairly dragged in to a situation he didn't want to be in, and now is expected to show enthusiasm ? Why ? Because someone else said he should ? Nina doesn't care about what he thinks at all - all she is interested, to put it bluntly, is dragging some new meat on the field and make it meet her expectations, said person's feelings on the matter be damned. Neither she, nor anyone else, is entitled to his powers just on the notion he has them - they are not public property, despite how much someone might want it so. "but he should have helped his teammates!" ? Why for, considering said teammates have only shown blunt disregard of his opinion on being in said team in the first place ?
I have to completely agree with this statement. I don't have much issue with Layfon's behavior in the episode. He has every right to be unenthusiastic about the situation. No one likes to be forced into doing things. And Nina didn't give a crap about him or his feelings. To her, it's all about winning. I find myself sympathizing more with Layfon than Nina. And you can't bash Layfon for his acts and not equally blame Felli for her acts. She pretends to be weak on purpose and tries to encourage her teammate (Layfon) to do the same.
Old 2009-01-21, 19:22   Link #237
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I have to completely agree with this statement. I don't have much issue with Layfon's behavior in the episode. He has every right to be unenthusiastic about the situation. No one likes to be forced into doing things. And Nina didn't give a crap about him or his feelings. To her, it's all about winning. I find myself sympathizing more with Layfon than Nina. And you can't bash Layfon for his acts and not equally blame Felli for her acts. She pretends to be weak on purpose and tries to encourage her teammate (Layfon) to do the same.
Interesting/beautiful/mysterious characters aside, each of them has some sort of reason, no matter whether we agree with them or not...but what about the sniper playboy? He doesn't seem to have a decent excuse for being lazy other than well...being lazy

Although, from my perspective, he didn't really seem to be doing that badly...I mean...everyone was saying how indifferent he was...but it's not like he had a clear shot when they were neck-to-neck in melee combat...and he did take the clear shot that he did get (taking out that axe guy)...
Old 2009-01-21, 19:31   Link #238
TrueKnight

Come to think of it in ep 2 concerning Felli and Nina,

- Say that he looses, he might've made Felli happy or any of that but in return he would've had a badly beaten Nina. Fail.

- He wins magnificently using his uber power, which eventually happens, while basically gaining attention from the whole Academy, but in return getting hated by Nina for holding back this whole time, and Felli for breaking their 'promise. Fail.

Layfon is pretty much in a tight and lose-lose situation.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 19:39   Link #239
meh

Quote:
Actually, no. The city WASN'T at stake for this match. It was a just a platoon battle that determines the positioning for the city v. city fights. So Layfan was correct in feeling that it's a pointless fight in the grand scheme of things and there was no need to go all-out.

He does understand the precarious position of the school-city, which was why he reluctantly agreed to transfer to the combat division in the first place. And even if he hadn't shown anything in this battle, he would've fought for real in the actual tournament.

It was actually Nina who was irresponsible by treating it as far more important than it should be.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 20:27   Link #240
gonzo562

i hope layfon is the top dog in the academy and city

also i think thier will be a light tone of romance in this anime but wont be huge.

Maybe the one girl that kissed him in the first episode is his love interest but who knows it could be his sister to

also so these city vs city fights are like for training or something. I thought the citues were fighting bugs or something

man cant wait for episode 3
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen