AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-08, 07:04   Link #201
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
You know those epic episodes which always get lots of perfect scores? Somehow there are always one or three deviants who give it a painful.

Now I know where they come from.
I mean I'm seriously mentally challenged, well at least my parents think so. I actually really liked the episode, just my trigger happy hand while it was going down to the vote now button clicked twice and happened to get on the 1. If I felt like it was a one, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

The reason I gave it an 8 is because for the most part it returned to the dynamic of the earlier episodes, but this part felt forced in the sense the characters where sacrificing so much to maintain this now extremely awkward situation. Also random scenes with inko really suck, especially when he's passed out. I mean its always been pretty obvious who Ryuji was gonna end up with, but now more than ever that decision is making sense, at the time earlier in the show, feeling the direction it was headed, I raged quite a bit, but now his decision makes a lot of sense, though it doesn't change the fact that their love developed out of convenience. Though I want to stress their love isn't about convenience its just because its convenient for them to be together they fell in love. The emotions where pretty high this episode, I felt the angst was well executed unlike emomura. I mean it really made the previous episode stand out at as a psuedo climax, which most likely have the climax for the series finale, but this episodes strength was defining the action that occured in the previous episode which I felt was a great touch to storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
As for the title thing...Will & Grace dont hook up...
I dunno about that, even though Will is gay will & grace are pretty much your non married, married couple. They may have different sexual partners but as the show neared its end Will was highly jealous of Grace's boyfriends. Though I caught most of the episodes through syndication so I might be lacking on the total foresight.
Old 2009-03-08, 08:19   Link #202
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
I don't remember the last time a poll for an episode was put up before it had actually aired... correct me if I'm wrong though
The thread opens before the episode airs. Yet now, the polls are bit more carefully executed. When you get ten perfect scores before the episode airs you just know that such poll is flawed. If given the opportunity there would be votes voting for perfect even before they watch it. I can guess that there is part of those votes given even before one watched the episode.

Quote:
The polls are really a gauge of the enjoyment one gets from the series rather than a truly objective and systematic breakdown of its quality.
It depends on one's view. In such view all complains about someone giving 'painful' votes are not legitimate as simply it is the gauge of enjoyment one gets and as many know some people just do not enjoy the things that some others do.

It really depends on how you treat the polls. If you view it as quality measurement then complaints about 'painful' and 'perfect' votes are legitimate as simply it is hard to find something really perfect and something really completely terrible.

If you treat as enjoyment gauge then all the complains about 'painful'/'perfect' votes become silly.
Old 2009-03-08, 08:21   Link #203
typhonsentra

Are you guys sure about this? I tried giving a score before an episode aired once and mine was removed.
Old 2009-03-08, 08:28   Link #204
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yes, now it is protected. Before it wasn't. But because there was many votes before the airing the poll became protected from such votes.

Yet just because such protection was applied believing that suddenly judgment increased would be silly. Those who voted before the episode aired will continue to vote even before they watch the episode, yet now they will have to wait till its officially aired. but aired doesn't mean watched.

In other words, it doesn't mean that the problem is removed, it just made to look less offensive, but it is still there. Basically some people will continue giving 'perfect' (or other score, but mostly 'perfect' or 'painful') score even before watching an episode.
Old 2009-03-08, 09:47   Link #205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
It depends on one's view. In such view all complains about someone giving 'painful' votes are not legitimate as simply it is the gauge of enjoyment one gets and as many know some people just do not enjoy the things that some others do.
Just want to make it clear I'm not *complaining about anyone's vote (1 or 10). I'm simply saying that it affects my opinion of *them* rather than the series in question.

its rather like someone giving an opinion can give more information about the person themself than the topic being discussed.

But the voting thing comes up in most very popular/polarizing series and I suppose its offtopic.

Ep 22 was a lot of fun and set the stage for the closing arc.... but even without having seen the novels covering this story period one can sense that a LOT of stuff flew by offscreen. I just think its a bit sad simply because these characters are so much fun. Fortunately, it probably assures I will enjoy the rest of the novels greatly.
Old 2009-03-08, 10:01   Link #206
wistfulloner

I've heard people say a mediocre (supposedly uneventful) episode always comes before a brilliant and ground-breaking ending.

If this is true, we'd better be holding on to our seats.
Old 2009-03-08, 13:54   Link #207
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO View Post
That's why I said "I don't like how they turned Taiga into "Mary Sue" kind of character" (somewhere along the way to this episode), maybe I'm wrong, but a character who is kind of helpless and selfless, who's always putting others before herself is "Mary Sue-ish" (or did I mess up? ). All Taiga has right now is in fact Ryuji, if she gave up on him she would be totally back to the way she was before meeting him, the way she acts is against her best interest and I don't like it.
No.

A Mary Sue is a character, usually a character from fanfiction, who draws an inordinate amount of attention in the plot, (especially if they're not the main character) and is totally and utterly flawless, and is never punished for any kind of negative action, ever.

They're generally uninteresting, terrible characters, and almost always some kind of Author Avatar.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:01   Link #208
MarmoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No.

A Mary Sue is a character, usually a character from fanfiction, who draws an inordinate amount of attention in the plot, (especially if they're not the main character) and is totally and utterly flawless, and is never punished for any kind of negative action, ever.

They're generally uninteresting, terrible characters, and almost always some kind of Author Avatar.

Looks like I made a fool out of myself, sorry.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:36   Link #209
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO View Post
That's why I said "I don't like how they turned Taiga into "Mary Sue" kind of character" (somewhere along the way to this episode), maybe I'm wrong, but a character who is kind of helpless and selfless, who's always putting others before herself is "Mary Sue-ish" (or did I mess up? ). All Taiga has right now is in fact Ryuji, if she gave up on him she would be totally back to the way she was before meeting him, the way she acts is against her best interest and I don't like it.
I was torn between whether Minori or Taiga should pair up with Ryuji. But since you put it that way, I guess it'd be easier for me to just break it down into who needs him the most. TaigaXRyuji it is then.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:47   Link #210
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Noooooooo, not really "everyone" - really just a handful of people.
you are right it wasn't everyone. i should stop generalizing.
Old 2009-03-08, 16:14   Link #211
SkoolRumble4Ya

Great episode as usual. Did Minorin finally got her resolve and will go after Ryuji or is she just talking crap?
Old 2009-03-08, 16:48   Link #212
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Great episode as usual. Did Minorin finally got her resolve and will go after Ryuji or is she just talking crap?
Minori has known what she wants to do for a very long time. I don't think she ever had any real intention of trying to get together with him.
Old 2009-03-08, 18:29   Link #213
yell0wbird
:3

Send a message via AIM to yell0wbird
Personally, I'm for Taiga and Ryuuji but I can't help but suspect they're going to twist it around.

Spoiler for Episode 22:

I'd like to think a Taiga x Ryuuji ending is obvious but, I really don't know. I think I'm going to be sitting in my pajamas at 2 am watching the next few eps with ice cream and tissues.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:04   Link #214
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell0wbird View Post
Personally, I'm for Taiga and Ryuuji but I can't help but suspect they're going to twist it around.

Spoiler for Episode 22:

I'd like to think a Taiga x Ryuuji ending is obvious but, I really don't know. I think I'm going to be sitting in my pajamas at 2 am watching the next few eps with ice cream and tissues.
eh if anything it'd be something lame like minorin confesses to ryuuji, and taiga over hears it, but ryuuji turns her down after a moment of thought, and taiga hears it and g0es z0mg he r33rrrrry ar3 m3ant f0r m333 heh 3h3h3h giggle *tear*
Old 2009-03-08, 19:10   Link #215
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Not much to say about this episode. Still that chatter between Ami and Minori, and the usual Ryuuji beating from Taiga. Though with Ryuuji now looking at Taiga with weird eyes.

I wonder how Ryuuji will confess to Taiga in what situation, should it happen. Ah well, just waiting for now I guess.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:37   Link #216
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Not much to say about this episode. Still that chatter between Ami and Minori, and the usual Ryuuji beating from Taiga. Though with Ryuuji now looking at Taiga with weird eyes.
His eyes are always weird. He just sees her differently now that he knows her true feelings. He's probably attracted to her in a way he does not fully understand yet, and at once admiring her strength as she cheers him on, going after her best friend.

Quote:
I wonder how Ryuuji will confess to Taiga in what situation, should it happen. Ah well, just waiting for now I guess.
I don't think it will happen until the last episode if it does at all. Nothing is set in stone yet. For all you know, Ryuuji could decide that he doesn't want to prefer either Taiga or Minori over the other and gets swept off his feet by Ami. This is all just speculation and not likely to actually happen, but you get my point, I am sure. (note: I am not shipping)
Old 2009-03-08, 20:46   Link #217
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
His eyes are always weird. He just sees her differently now that he knows her true feelings. He's probably attracted to her in a way he does not fully understand yet, and at once admiring her strength as she cheers him on, going after her best friend.
Err thats exactly what I meant by 'weird'. A gaze with another intentions. And personally, I don't think his eyes look weird anyways.

Quote:
don't think it will happen until the last episode if it does at all. Nothing is set in stone yet. For all you know, Ryuuji could decide that he doesn't want to prefer either Taiga or Minori over the other and gets swept off his feet by Ami. This is all just speculation and not likely to actually happen, but you get my point, I am sure. (note: I am not shipping)
I did say 'should it happen' at the end, you know ^^; I'm a Ryuuji and Ami fan, by the way, but of course I don't mind that that would probably not happen. What I do hope is that the confession doesn't happen at the last episode, but somewhat like the end of the second to the last episode. I mean, I want something more like an epilogue episode, than an end with just 'I like you' and kiss and 'the end'.
Old 2009-03-08, 21:15   Link #218
typhonsentra

I've felt the same way since the start. There's nothing more frustrating than an ending that ends with a beginning like that, you know?
Old 2009-03-08, 21:46   Link #219
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Err thats exactly what I meant by 'weird'. A gaze with another intentions. And personally, I don't think his eyes look weird anyways.

I did say 'should it happen' at the end, you know ^^; I'm a Ryuuji and Ami fan, by the way, but of course I don't mind that that would probably not happen. What I do hope is that the confession doesn't happen at the last episode, but somewhat like the end of the second to the last episode. I mean, I want something more like an epilogue episode, than an end with just 'I like you' and kiss and 'the end'.
Just looking at the illustrations no they don't look weird to me either.

But his eyes are weird. He's got Sanpaku Eyes. That is where you can see the white of the eye below the Iris.

And in the show supposedly he has evil looking eyes. But i think that is the shape of them not the sanpaku part.

Just looking at the illustrations no they don't look weird to me either.
Old 2009-03-08, 22:03   Link #220
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
What I do hope is that the confession doesn't happen at the last episode, but somewhat like the end of the second to the last episode. I mean, I want something more like an epilogue episode, than an end with just 'I like you' and kiss and 'the end'.
Yup.

With all this fuss over Ryuuji and Taiga I would actually want to see how they interact as a boyfriend/girlfriend.

If the confession was to be the last scene...

hmm...not cool...
Closed Thread