1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 15:53   Link #81
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Yes, but you don't know whether or not Amati would end up like Welkin do you? (unless the novels have already said something about it) and what the heck is "he can never develop them in the future". If life was so certain then I would be a millionaire by now. There's no reason to believe he may not develop social skills as much as he might develop them as long as he changes. If it was 10 years down the line and he is still without friends then that is pretty much *it* for him, but he still has chance to change now.
Where do you see certainty about future in my post?

Wasn't my post about uncertainty of the future? Based on the fact that future is unknown for us and have many possibilities I was saying, that you cannot say that Amiati is better, simply because he may never develop them in the future ( I think you misunderstood what my 'can' meant in that quote of mine, and decided that I am saying he will never develop those skills which was not my intention, though I am still puzzled how you ignored the rest of my post to misunderstand it so greatly ).
Old 2009-08-01, 19:25   Link #82
Hallgaar

WHere to start, this situation is familiar to me, that look Lawrence gave I gave people not too long ago in a very similar situation (minus the whole money thing). I daresay I liked it, that feeling of invincibility you get in the situation he's in is insane.

Secondly I don't think you guys are looking at what he's really trying to do, which is simple supply and demand, having all the merchants buy a few will drive demand through the ground, while he makes a profit off of wheat at the same time.

Lawrence will win, and I think Amarti will learn a pretty life altering lesson.
Old 2009-08-01, 19:55   Link #83
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallgaar View Post
WHere to start, this situation is familiar to me, that look Lawrence gave I gave people not too long ago in a very similar situation (minus the whole money thing). I daresay I liked it, that feeling of invincibility you get in the situation he's in is insane.

Secondly I don't think you guys are looking at what he's really trying to do, which is simple supply and demand, having all the merchants buy a few will drive demand through the ground, while he makes a profit off of wheat at the same time.

Lawrence will win, and I think Amarti will learn a pretty life altering lesson.
Lawrence winning is a given, unless they want the show to take a sharp 90° turn.

What I really hope is that this plan works for real, and will not be saved in the nick of time by Horo in a litteral Deus Ex Machina. Let Lawrence have his crowning moment of awesome for once, the anime is really getting out of it's way to emasculate the poor guy...
Old 2009-08-01, 19:59   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Where do you see certainty about future in my post?

Wasn't my post about uncertainty of the future? Based on the fact that future is unknown for us and have many possibilities I was saying, that you cannot say that Amiati is better, simply because he may never develop them in the future ( I think you misunderstood what my 'can' meant in that quote of mine, and decided that I am saying he will never develop those skills which was not my intention, though I am still puzzled how you ignored the rest of my post to misunderstand it so greatly ).
Right I guess I overlooked this last part of doubt in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
We don't know if Amiati would be able to form a strong and reliable circle of friends. So while potentially he may be better but actually this is still something unknown.
So sorry about coming across being rash but reading the stuff before the last line I keep thinking "this guy seriously believes that Amati could never develop social skills"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-01, 20:06   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
Lawrence winning is a given, unless they want the show to take a sharp 90° turn.
Technically, they could go the "tear the marriage contract up" route, but such a thing would leave a really bad taste in my mouth. It'd look way too much as if they only set out to rip Amati off.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:08   Link #86
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

The theme song is getting quite catchy now.

Dang, I thought this showdown would be over by now; need more Horo.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:44   Link #87
Filozof

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
The theme song is getting quite catchy now.
i found it great all along, it's beautifull. at first together with op animation you can feel the pass of time but then it stops time in it's track's for the refrain "saa koko e te wo tsunaidara"... :´)
Old 2009-08-02, 03:39   Link #88
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the story arc so far has been fantastic
but i'm having one real problem with horo's behavior in the last ep and Lawrence's failure to react to it

didnt horo say she can tell when people are lying to her because her hearing is so awesome ?
wouldnt Lawrence know that fact
wouldnt it be easier for him to just tell her he didnt know about her home land until he met that woman, and that he intended to go there with her regardless to find out the truth
that he doesnt have any intentions of trading her for any amount of money
and ask her if her ears tell her that he says the truth ?

i'm aware that the one flaw in my theory is that Lawrence has to actually BE telling the truth for it to work
but i assume he would be
Old 2009-08-02, 08:43   Link #89
Ninjacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the story arc so far has been fantastic
but i'm having one real problem with horo's behavior in the last ep and Lawrence's failure to react to it

didnt horo say she can tell when people are lying to her because her hearing is so awesome ?
wouldnt Lawrence know that fact
wouldnt it be easier for him to just tell her he didnt know about her home land until he met that woman, and that he intended to go there with her regardless to find out the truth
that he doesnt have any intentions of trading her for any amount of money
and ask her if her ears tell her that he says the truth ?
Well, Lawrence tried to talk to her but she was too upset to listen. Horo was flinging a lot of ridiculous accusations at our poor merchant.

Awesome ears aren't so usefull if the brain has shut down.
Old 2009-08-02, 09:43   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Besides, "I didn't know about it before I met that woman" isn't the complete truth. And Horo hearing him lie about that would only make things worse. A lot worse.
Old 2009-08-02, 09:55   Link #91
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

when did he know about it then
isnt the content of that letter the first time he heard about that possiblity ?
Old 2009-08-02, 10:13   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Before he ever met Horo, he'd maybe vaguely heard about the destruction of Yoitsu. So he didn't actually know anything, but it'd be wrong to say he'd never heard of it either.
Old 2009-08-02, 10:29   Link #93
klare

not a single conversation between the two of them the whole eps... i guess this is the 1st time in the whole series

oh yes i feel like being tricked by the preview in eps 3...
Old 2009-08-02, 11:23   Link #94
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

well the whole point of the show is the interaction between them
so the point of this ep is to make US, the viewers, feel lawrence's plight at the prospect of losing horo
Old 2009-08-02, 12:25   Link #95
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Amarti actually makes me think of Nora alot. Serious opposition, though he's much more direct about his way of doing things.
Old 2009-08-02, 12:58   Link #96
Miraluka
Banned

It was an interesting episode...Mario cameo :3
Old 2009-08-02, 14:27   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah View Post
Amarti actually makes me think of Nora alot. Serious opposition, though he's much more direct about his way of doing things.
Nora's never tried to get Lawrence. It's not her fault she was his type.
Old 2009-08-02, 15:02   Link #98
Ninjacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Before he ever met Horo, he'd maybe vaguely heard about the destruction of Yoitsu. So he didn't actually know anything, but it'd be wrong to say he'd never heard of it either.
That's a bit far-fetched. Lawrence doesn't seem to be going to the north often, if at all. He's not really familiar with obscure legends eighter, despite having one as a travelling companion. He's also very well placed to know those stories are to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

I think Lawrence's mistake was to consider Horo more like his charge than his partner. He's not really including her in his business deals, sends her off to play while he works, he gathers information then tends to process it before presenting it to her. That and taking her for granted.
Old 2009-08-02, 15:14   Link #99
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
That's a bit far-fetched. Lawrence doesn't seem to be going to the north often, if at all. He's not really familiar with obscure legends eighter, despite having one as a travelling companion. He's also very well placed to know those stories are to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

I think Lawrence's mistake was to consider Horo more like his charge than his partner. He's not really including her in his business deals, sends her off to play while he works, he gathers information then tends to process it before presenting it to her. That and taking her for granted.
judging by his actions this ep, and the risk this involves
i'm guessing that THAT would change (or at least hoping )
Old 2009-08-02, 16:17   Link #100
HandofFate

Quote:

that's actually what I thought the small image flashback in episode 2 was..right before that storyteller began the story, Lawrence had a flashback to him as a kid and some women talking to him.

I thought that menth he remembered the name being told to him.