AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-17, 15:03   Link #19001
Xagzan

Kurumu x Gin? No thank you. Doesn't he like Sun anyway?

What was up with the shortness of the chapter too?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:08   Link #19002
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding the effect the ritual is going to have on Tsukune's body - well, it depends on what Mikogami has said to Tohou Fuhai about Tsukune's condition - considering what kind of guy Mikogami is, I wouldn't be surprised that he would omit a few pieces of information that Tohou Fuhai should know about, before he started operating on Tsukune's body - but that might be just my general opinion of Mikogami leaking out...
Mikogami also strikes me as a person who likes to play his cards close to his chest; and I wonder how much Touhai knows as well. I think its quite possible he'd withhold information if he think's its in the best interests.
Tsukune has stated that he has Moka's blood in front of him now, and Touhai likely has an inkling of what she is from the flashback, but given what Moka stated about how rare it is for someone to even survive the transformation for a human, there's a possibility that he underestimates how potent Tsukune can sometimes become.

One has to wonder if he'd refuse to use the procedure on Tsukune if he knew the potential he could unlock (or what he could do if he did indeed cause a flare during the ritual which stirs Alucard); Mikogami strikes me as the sort who'd deliberately with hold this if he thought the result could be interesting.

I do think that Akasha was planning to entrust Moka to Mikogami says a lot about his overall character and desires however. Given the feelings portrayed to her daughter, I don't think she'd give her over to someone she didn't believe would look after her to the best of his ability; and indirectly, by slowly working behind the scenes to protect and develop Tsukune, he is indirectly protecting Moka.

Too many of his motives are undisclosed, but Mikogami may very well be persuing this route out of interest/intrigue, because of his beliefs of ayashi and human integration, and because in doing so, he is protecting his foster daughter. Touhai, whilst obviously close to Akasha, seems just a little more seedy, whereas Mikogami still seems a lot more mysterious, and more of a puppetmaster in terms of role.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:24   Link #19003
Chris38

@tyranuus

Well, I don't think that Alucard is going to awaken as a side effect of Tohou Fuhai's ritual, simply because of the fact that, in my opinion both Tsukune's and Moka's Shinso blood need to be awakened at the same time, for Alucard to be revived.

Of course, it's just my opinion on this matter, and I can't say that the possibility of Alucard awakening doesn't exist, so we will have to wait and see about that...

Regarding Mikogami, well I believe that he wants to take care of Moka, which is one of the reasons why he pushes Tsukune around so much, but at the same time he needs to use both Tsukune and Moka (along with the rest of the Newspaper club) to achieve the youkai Academy's goal, which is for humans and ayashi to coexist with each other....

At least that's what I was able to predict based upon Mikogami's actions so far, but since Mikogami is a character that is surrounded with mysteries that haven't been revealed yet, I might be wrong about this - but well will see about that in the future arcs of the manga, since I don't think that Ikeda is going to keep Mikogami's plans in the dark for the entire length of the manga - at least I hope that the author is going to reveal the secrets surrounding the headmaster of youkai Academy, but it probably won't happen until we are near the end of this manga...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:27   Link #19004
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Motoko Chan ~ View Post
Mizore going yuri? *sighs* A girl can hope...

By all means you can do fanfics. But when it comes to canon, mizore is not a lesbian..yet, meaning stuff caan happen but then again its getting dangeriously close to the end for that.
Old 2011-02-17, 15:30   Link #19005
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
By all means you can do fanfics. But when it comes to canon, mizore is not a lesbian..yet, meaning stuff caan happen but then again its getting dangeriously close to the end for that.
I didn't expect it to become canon. In my mental fantasies, though, anything is possible.
Old 2011-02-17, 15:37   Link #19006
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The mental fantasies of anyone can be quite scary indeed... and Kyero, we all know that there was nothing yuri about that particular scene. Mizore and Kurumu are sort of BFFs... or at least, they work well with each other, but nothing more

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:42   Link #19007
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I facepalmed when they held hands in this chapter then lawled when I realized why
Old 2011-02-17, 15:44   Link #19008
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The mental fantasies of anyone can be quite scary indeed... and Kyero, we all know that there was nothing yuri about that particular scene. Mizore and Kurumu are sort of BFFs... or at least, they work well with each other, but nothing more
Why did my comment make you think the fantasy was "scary," Magin?
Old 2011-02-17, 15:44   Link #19009
Xagzan

I hear what motoko-chan and kyero are saying. If I were to have Kurumu or Mizore have any big parts in a fanfic of mine, at least once I'd have them end up together. Cause I can't think of another way to make them happy, and Kurumu crying sucks. And again, no thanks to Gin/Kurumu.
Old 2011-02-17, 15:52   Link #19010
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I hear what motoko-chan and kyero are saying. If I were to have Kurumu or Mizore have any big parts in a fanfic of mine, at least once I'd have them end up together. Cause I can't think of another way to make them happy, and Kurumu crying sucks. And again, no thanks to Gin/Kurumu.
But mizore has Vahan
Old 2011-02-17, 15:57   Link #19011
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding the effect the ritual is going to have on Tsukune's body - well, it depends on what Mikogami has said to Tohou Fuhai about Tsukune's condition - considering what kind of guy Mikogami is, I wouldn't be surprised that he would omit a few pieces of information that Tohou Fuhai should know about, before he started operating on Tsukune's body - but that might be just my general opinion of Mikogami leaking out...
Thats definitely Mikogami's character and nature, if this were to be proven true, than that would bring up higher chances of something completly unexpected happening during the ritual.

About Alucard, i'm going to agree with Chris38 on this one, that it would require both Moka's and Tsukune's Shinso blood to awaken in order for Alucard to be revived, until we are both proven wrong about this idea, but it would make sense, right?
Old 2011-02-17, 16:00   Link #19012
Xagzan

Completely blanking on who Vahan is
Old 2011-02-17, 16:47   Link #19013
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
You know, there are a whole mess of things that can be done. But one thing is certain, the group needs to communicate better, at least about how they feel, expecially Moka and Tsukune. I would almost think that to get Moka out of her ditch of her "friend zone", I think it would take the other girls and Tsukune to "awaken" her to the possibility of romance, and fully embrace it like all the other girls have.

The other thing I noted was that they're youkai. BUT they're foolishly limiting themselves to human standards when it comes to their future social interactions, specifically those tied to their feelings toward Tsukune. I'm sure that if they all did agree to share him, there are many places they could go to do that without much social backlash, and that would be to remain part of the youkai world, staying in one of what I hope would be many of the containment barriors. I'm sure for example that if they decided to live in the Snow Village, the priestess there wouldn't even lay a finger on Tsukune because of having a harem, so long as Mizore's producing children as per the Law of the Land.

If Kurumu's mother is anything to go by, I would wager the succubi also have their own realm as well, and probably don't shun polygamists. Though again, that privilege would most likely be granted if the group did a similar mission to save their realm like they did for the snow people, and while Kurumu is having as many kids as possible or whatever.

There are many logical ways around their whole stigma, and marriage doesn't even need to come into play if the situation could be pulled off without such meddling. But this IS japanese society we're dealing with, with parents and grand parents constantly pushing the marriage issue all over the place, it may have to have some kind of formal recognition if only on paper.

But then again, we're also dealing with Youkai, and in the face of the government of any country that tracks it's citizenry via birth, death, and citizenship certificates and such, Youkai would be considered illegal immigrants without anything to identify them legally. So in that respect, marriage is a moot point anyway. The only people of the group the japanese government would officially recognize the existence of would be Tsukune, possibly Ruby, and due to Mikogami's friend "adapting" her, maybe even Moka. But that wholly depend on whether Moka's given name "Akashiya" is the one given to her for her human world records.

So many things that they could be doing, but being that Ikeda probably wants to set a "proper" moral example for the readership, so thus he's using that to block all those seemingly "illegal" options from the story's eventual conclusion.
Old 2011-02-17, 18:10   Link #19014
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And also that stupid ban is in effect for him as well *sigh*

As for the entire 'harem' situation: While it's true, that one formed around him, he never asked for it nor did he exploit it (in ways that say, one of us might have). Tsukune has always been one-tracked about Moka and earning approval from both personalities to be with her. He's always been aiming for her, he's always thought about her the most. He's only displayed 'friendship' lvl affection to Kurumu, Mizore, Yukari, and to Rubi - nothing else. Even Kokoa, who's relatively new to the group dynamic, picks out that Tsukune loves her 'oneesama' and only her. Everyone else is just assuming that he has this crazy harem that does whatever he wants them to do (which they do, just not for the reasons everyone thinks they do). Granted, Tsukune could have said what he did in a different manner, but he was too caught up in the moment - like Kurumu said, he's only seeing Moka now, even with her standing in front of him and she's gone, Moka's always on his mind. This has been established since this manga had single number chapters.

So...I really don't see the problem of Tsukune 'losing' the harem that he never really wanted in the first place. 'Tenchi Solution' can work only for Tenchi and his cohorts since Tenchi is also *** (spoiler if you don't know). This one's more realistic - he can't have everything, moreover, he doesn't want everything - he basically just wants Moka.
Old 2011-02-17, 18:24   Link #19015
GrimJack

I agree 100%... one only has to read the second chapter of the original series when Tsukune is able to resist "Alure" because of his love for Moka. Nothing has changed for him except in the minds of some readers.
Old 2011-02-17, 18:29   Link #19016
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Just to clarify, by Alucard stirring I didn't mean wake up I meant as in causing him to stir/become restless in his sleep for a short period.
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2011-02-17 at 18:43.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 18:48   Link #19017
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I agree 100%... one only has to read the second chapter of the original series when Tsukune is able to resist "Alure" because of his love for Moka. Nothing has changed for him except in the minds of some readers.
Indeed. And now Kurumu is starting to accept the truth, which has known for a long time. She just kept telling herself she'd shine brighter in his heart if she kept at it, but now she is beginning to realize that there is only room for Moka in there.
Old 2011-02-17, 19:21   Link #19018
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well in my opinion I think Kurumu after training with Gin-senpai has upgraded her powers one reason why the 2nd time Tsukune was accidentally charmed he wasn't able to resist.

Or if we're still going for the harem route probably deep within inside Tsukune even if he confessed his love to the Moka's, still we dunno his "inner mans desire". Who could ever resist such beautiful cute youkai girls like that anyways? lol

The yuri thing is on Mizore and Kurumu that has only been an ongoing fanservice, nothing really to be bothered with it.

Speaking of Mizore, she's probably the only girl in the R+V that is in par with Moka in the clothing merchandise. She even has her shoes for sale for cosplay or just regular use. Her shoes really looks great. Ikdea designed her really well.

Old 2011-02-17, 19:23   Link #19019
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And also that stupid ban is in effect for him as well *sigh*

As for the entire 'harem' situation: While it's true, that one formed around him, he never asked for it nor did he exploit it (in ways that say, one of us might have). Tsukune has always been one-tracked about Moka and earning approval from both personalities to be with her. He's always been aiming for her, he's always thought about her the most. He's only displayed 'friendship' lvl affection to Kurumu, Mizore, Yukari, and to Rubi - nothing else. Even Kokoa, who's relatively new to the group dynamic, picks out that Tsukune loves her 'oneesama' and only her. Everyone else is just assuming that he has this crazy harem that does whatever he wants them to do (which they do, just not for the reasons everyone thinks they do). Granted, Tsukune could have said what he did in a different manner, but he was too caught up in the moment - like Kurumu said, he's only seeing Moka now, even with her standing in front of him and she's gone, Moka's always on his mind. This has been established since this manga had single number chapters.

So...I really don't see the problem of Tsukune 'losing' the harem that he never really wanted in the first place. 'Tenchi Solution' can work only for Tenchi and his cohorts since Tenchi is also *** (spoiler if you don't know). This one's more realistic - he can't have everything, moreover, he doesn't want everything - he basically just wants Moka.
I dunno about that, Tsukune almost got close with Kurumu, Mizore and Ruby on occasion and would've gotten further if something didn't disrupt them. Like for instance, Ruby and Tsukune getting interrupted by the Wyvren.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 19:34   Link #19020
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I dunno about that, Tsukune almost got close with Kurumu, Mizore and Ruby on occasion and would've gotten further if something didn't disrupt them. Like for instance, Ruby and Tsukune getting interrupted by the Wyvren.
And of course, Ruby's the only girl there Tsukune's actively helped get an orgasm

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire