AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-08, 13:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-02-09, 10:18   Link #2
Zankoku12

Kanata Haruka was played when the twin make up,that's enough for me.

Spoiler for lol throw:

And I admire Haruka for survive that long in that family
Old 2013-02-09, 15:09   Link #3
Enternal

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-09, 16:05   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned

I'm still waiting for a 1080p HD Subtitled version to come out, but I did take a look at the Screenshots of the episode.

Glad to see the two pinkies back together and happy at last. <3 :D
Old 2013-02-09, 16:19   Link #5
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
I'm still waiting for a 1080p HD Subtitled version to come out, but I did take a look at the Screenshots of the episode.

Glad to see the two pinkies back together and happy at last. <3
Yep! <3

I'm just unhappy about one thing. We do not get to see the "family" pay for what they did. They completely deserve everything they will get for how they treated these two.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-09, 16:23   Link #6
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Yep! <3

I'm just unhappy about one thing. We do not get to see the "family" pay for what they did. They completely deserve everything they will get for how they treated these two.
Full support to that.
Well, what comes first is that they end up happy and together, but the family busting would be a total win and a hit on the nails head. :D
Old 2013-02-09, 16:23   Link #7
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Yep! <3

Spoiler:
The family will pay because their precious heir is no more. They will eventually wither into the despicable snotty scum they are, and have to beg on the streets. Serves them right, though I'd prefer to see some get some jail time.
Old 2013-02-09, 16:24   Link #8
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
The family will pay because their precious heir is no more. They will eventually wither into the despicable snotty scum they are, and have to beg on the streets. Serves them right, though I'd prefer to see some get some jail time.
Haha, I sense a lot of brutality in this thread... but it is the only thing right! xD
Old 2013-02-09, 17:43   Link #9
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Kanata Haruka was played when the twin make up,that's enough for me.

Spoiler for lol throw:

And I admire Haruka for survive that long in that family
I'm such a bad fellow:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-09, 17:45   Link #10
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I'm such a bad fellow:

Spoiler:
lmao I gotta watch this episode now
Old 2013-02-09, 21:28   Link #11
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

At the risk of seeming flippant, the two things that stand out in my mind at this moment:

- Jesus, how did I never notice that ENORMOUS tubby cat(?) on Masato's shoulder in the OP?
- I completely forgot that the kendo dude existed until the ED. Is he even playing baseball with them? Guessing he'll have his own little story at some point.

I'll post more about the actual content of the episode shortly, as it was pretty good, aside from the kinds of melodramatic shortcuts that don't even really bother me about Key stories anymore.
Old 2013-02-09, 21:47   Link #12
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Ya know, that scene when Kanata changed out of her wet clothes, I noticed her arms were pretty silky smooth compared to that scene where you see her entire body full of scars. Animation inconsistencies, or just that part of her arms weren't scarred?
Old 2013-02-09, 21:59   Link #13
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogMoogle1 View Post
Ya know, that scene when Kanata changed out of her wet clothes, I noticed her arms were pretty silky smooth compared to that scene where you see her entire body full of scars. Animation inconsistencies, or just that part of her arms weren't scarred?
It's probably animation inconsistencies. She normally hides both arms.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:04   Link #14
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I'm such a bad fellow:

Spoiler:
Heh heh, the roles could probably be reversed and it'd still be relevant.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:09   Link #15
kitten320

^I would say inconsistency since scar thingy should have stayed as a shock factor until she tells her story. And until now as I said in last thread, she always had long sleeves.

An YAY! I'm so happy that my guess about sleeves was spot on!

To be honest I personally believe that Kanata got it harder than Haruka.
Don't misunderstand me, Haruka went through hell. That throw alone is painful!

However, unlike Kanata she was able to get away from family clutches and easily wear open tops as in the ending while Kanata got beaten till this day and has to hide her body because of all the scars.
Since family kept being suspicious she also got whispered about just like Haruka.

However, what puts them apart is that Kanata unlike Haruka was put under bigger psychological stress. She has to study all the time, no time for fun while Haruka is free to do what she wants.
The worst part is that no matter what choice Kanata would make at the time, she would be losing Haruka. If she mistreats her, Haruka will hate her. If she doesn't, Haruka will die. Of course taking role of a villain was the best option but I can only imagine through how much stress she went every time, being forced to be mean to her beloved sister and keep hearing that she hates her.

Haruka was her curse and blessing. If she were to give up on life, Kanata would no doubt die with her.

I believe that Kud became one of Kanata's saving points eventually. She found someone with whom she could let her guard down and be more like herself.

I really liked the fact that Kud took her side and asked Riki not to hate her.

I'm glad that this arc was done now, it will be good to see them 2 interacting normally. Wonder how the rest of the council will react to sudden change

This is one of those times when I don't mind a filler episode in between.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:14   Link #16
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The song that plays during the reconciliation is really really good. I don't think we've heard it before in the other arc resolutions. Anyone able to give me a name of the track? Edit: I think I found it. The song seems to be "Faraway"

I greatly approve of Haruka's decision at the end to not ask which of the twins is which father's child. Seriously, that was the best part of the episode. I was really troubled by that sub-plot, because any answer was just going to put unnecessary distance between her and Kanata, unless they went with the "You're both (either)'s daughters," which would have been a pathetic cop-out. Instead, she resolves that her closure comes from just knowing that people are fundamentally good inside. Thumbs way up for handling that so well.

Not sure how I feel that Kanata was really protecting Haruka all along. I thought the whole point of her talk with Riki about "saving" people indicated that she wanted to help Haruka, but it was impossible for her, and all she could do was try to protect herself from suffering the same fate. The revelation that she was protecting Haruka's life makes her seem almost too angelic. I'd almost have more sympathy for her if she were just trapped by her situation, and helpless to aid anyone but herself.

Spoiler for Random Kud speculah:

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2013-02-09 at 22:28.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:19   Link #17
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

It was an emotional ep. I'm happy that both sisters cleared things up and became close again.

The only question that I have is:

WHERE IS MIO THE ENTIRE EPISODE?

She didn't answer Riki's phone, and she wasn't even there when the Little Busters hand in hand with the twins to send the two off to see their parents!
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-02-09, 22:23   Link #18
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
It was an emotional ep. I'm happy that both sisters cleared things up and became close again.

The only question that I have is:

WHERE IS MIO THE ENTIRE EPISODE?

She didn't answer Riki's phone, and she wasn't even there when the Little Busters hand in hand with the twins to send the two off to see their parents!
While Kanata and Haruka was reconciling and finally achieved the happiness that they had dreamt of, Mio using her power of delusions actually went of to brutalize the evil "family" by sending them into a hell in which they are repeatedly spanked with leather belts, force fed Haruka's cooking, pummeled with thumbtacks and marbles, and thrown like rag dolls over and over again until the end of time.

On another note, I love your avatar and signature! Kino no Tabi is just great!
Old 2013-02-09, 22:26   Link #19
Entravity

Favorite episode so far. Emotional to certain lengths and interesting to watch.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:30   Link #20
kitten320

ThereminVox

Duno, the way I saw Kanata's talk with Riki is that she tried to tell him that she is in just as much in need of help as Haruka.

Her statement "Everyone thinks they are unhappy and Unhappy people always think that others are happy." pretty much summed it up. Haruka and other always believed that she had a perfect life but just because they believe it doesn't mean it is reality.
Besides her little exchanges with Kud always suggested that she had a soft spot for Haruka. Especially the one in pyjamas.

Kanata was in search of help just as much as Haruka, but unlike Haruka she had to use metaphors to ask for it.

The way creators portrayed her might be a bit cliche but this is one of those cliche that I'll never mind because it is that close to reality. People believe only what they see or want to see.