AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 08:41   Link #201
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
Spoiler:

Yep, that's true, although my primary reason for watching this is because it's too amusing. Everything is incredibly cheesy to the point that it entertains me enough to crave for the next episode.
Could not resist the spoiler temptations...!! Well, in truth, spoiling the couples has actually made me more interested in the series >.>

Spoiler:

LOL I literally cringe at some moments while watching, like in the third episode when Nagisa ran in on the meeting. It's just so obvious. But, yes, t'is entertaining. Plus I'm a shoujo-ai fangirl, I must see this through to the end! >=D
fynefilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 09:07   Link #202
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynefilo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 10:06   Link #203
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynefilo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 10:13   Link #204
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

You know, I used to think yuri isn't my thing (not to say I hate it, since that'll be hypocritical as I'm a longtime hardcore yaoi fan) but I must say, I'm amazed at how intrigued I am over the whole Yaya/Amane/Hikari thing once I looked it up. I mean, I can tolerate yuri pairings, but even I'm pretty excited about how it's gonna unfold. At least, I liked it much better than the main pairing, where Shizuma does her vampire... thing and Nagisa is, while cute, too stereotypical for me. :\
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 14:02   Link #205
Dav

Yeah... It's the same for me. So far, the main couple's (Shizuma X Nagisa) story seems shallow at the moment but it will get better at some point later.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-25, 19:50   Link #206
Fishbait

Hmm, I dont know. I still like Shizuma alot more than Amane....big hair > short hair
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 20:04   Link #207
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZz
Spoiler:

I prefer yaya than the prince... Don't know why
yaya-chan is so aggressive ain't she?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:52   Link #208
Fishbait

Hmm, when excatly is the Japanese Golden Week? I heard about it being around now and how there won't be new eps during that week
Old 2006-04-26, 00:10   Link #209
Omniscient

Golden Week is from Saturday, April 29th (Midori no Hi) to Friday, May 5th (Kodomo no Hi). As usual, Wikipedia is your best bet for information.
Most of the series currently airing are NOT taking any time off (this includes Strawberry Panic). For the most up-to-date schedules, check syoboi's calendar.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 01:36   Link #210
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
....yet somehow I keep watching and saying "I'll give it one more episode." I suspect I'm going to be doing that right up to ep 26....
Lol. So true. But I enjoyed episode 4. I can imagine the VAs having fun doing those thin voices and replaying bits of Brother, Dear Brother (Oniisama-e) and Marimite in their heads. The first scene with Amane on the horse reminded me of scenes with the student-society president in Oniisama-e on her horse. But Amane appears to be so much nicer. This is certainly a hard anime to support rationally, but it is irrationally pleasing, and there always seems to be something just around the corner. The characters may not seem real, but I don't find that it matters. I can still feel the emotions.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-26 at 14:15.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 02:40   Link #211
musouka

Haha, I think I'm in love with Amame too. Such a refreshing change from Shizuma's irritating, cheesy antics...
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 07:30   Link #212
Dav

Yeah, at least she stole someone's heart the gallant way i.e. no stalking and molesting.

Shizuma is still fun to watch nevertheless.
Old 2006-04-26, 07:34   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Haha, I think I'm in love with Amame too. Such a refreshing change from Shizuma's irritating, cheesy antics...
Bah, true love belongs to Shizuma.. >_>
Old 2006-04-26, 09:36   Link #214
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Goodness, episode 4 just cemented my belief that if I had to be gay for someone, it'll be Amane all the way. After squirming through the last three episodes of Shizuma Vampirism, mindless stalking and more unintentionally hilarious elements (the one where Shizuma vs Nagisa, who tries to stay on her feet as if her life depended on it threw me into fits of laughter ), this is a pleasant change.

Spoiler:

I think Shizuma's cheesy antics would've worked better if it was against someone more... unlikely, shall we say. That's not to say Nagisa doesn't fit the role, since the point is, that she works her way into her heart and therefore, Shizuma will settle down. That's the thing - it's too predictable for me, heck, in my opinion, they're the Shuuichi and Yuki of SP, and I disliked that pairing intensely. I thought maybe someone of Yaya's character or either of those two presidents would spice things up. Stuff would get messy, but interesting too.
Old 2006-04-26, 10:14   Link #215
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
Shizuma is still fun to watch nevertheless.
Blegh, not for me. She just comes across as fake and creepy to me. I have no earthly idea why all the girls in this series would be creaming their panties for her just because she's a veritable fountain of tired "predatory lesbian" cliches.

crisis is right, it would have been a lot more fun to watch her try to work her mojo on someone other than the "stupid, naive n00b". Personally, I'd like to see a PL go up against another PL in a battle of manipulation.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 13:18   Link #216
Dav

Hmm... Shizuma has a rival though... In Tamao. I'd like to see them have a public showdown.

But I still don't find it as interesting as the Spica one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Spoiler:
Right? Right?

She's just one of those characters whose personality pretty much contradicts with her romantic actions, but once she shows her soft side, it's like... WOO. The impact.... ^^
Old 2006-04-26, 13:57   Link #217
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
crisis is right, it would have been a lot more fun to watch her try to work her mojo on someone other than the "stupid, naive n00b". Personally, I'd like to see a PL go up against another PL in a battle of manipulation.
Indeed - pair up Shizuma with the Spica president, and I'd bet my money it'll be the end of Shizuma's vampire days. I wonder how it would've been like - Shizuma's seducing tactics, versus Spica prez's I'm-not-having-any-of-it nature. Would've made the dynamic more entertaining, I assume, especially if the theme that's set between Shizuma and Nagisa could be also portrayed through these exchanges. At least, anything else is more exciting when Nagisa going "I'm gonna search for her!" is meant to inspire absolute awe in people. Um. Yeah.

Quote:
She's just one of those characters whose personality pretty much contradicts with her romantic actions, but once she shows her soft side, it's like... WOO. The impact.... ^^
I demand that you spoil me everything else that there is to know about this pairing. <3 (My knowledge only extends to what I've seen and read, excluding the novels and other tidbits I might've missed out. ><)
Old 2006-04-26, 15:23   Link #218
Dav

Aww... Should I? It's gonna spoil the mood and I don't wanna do that to any fellow Amane fan.

Just endure it, and I guarantee you (Um... Probably. Depends ), you'll get the most satisfaction that way. If I tell you tidbits of the story now, you may go "Bleh... Guess I placed my expectations too high" once they get to the good parts. I dunno... It may be different for everyone but I feel it's best that you endure the er... Suspense until their part in the main plot is completely over.

Although... I could still post more (official) pics of them... Nah, don't wanna yet.

Hmm... Looks like the best remedy is to stop hinting about them. Okay, from now on I won't say much on A X H (But damn, that's gonna be tough considering my fangirlyness over them). Trust me, it's for your own good. LOL ^_________^
Old 2006-04-26, 17:47   Link #219
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
really not that great of a series but i just keep watching it i think i am doing it for the same reason as most people who dont exactly like it. its the kannazuki no miko factor. But it was intresting to see how (i cant remember her name right now) stood up for her self against the Chikane rip off
Old 2006-04-26, 19:56   Link #220
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
really not that great of a series but i just keep watching it i think i am doing it for the same reason as most people who dont exactly like it. its the kannazuki no miko factor. But it was intresting to see how (i cant remember her name right now) stood up for her self against the Chikane rip off
huh what's isnt a "ripoff" these days.

love or hate it lol

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri