AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-27, 10:43   Link #561
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

*Pilot wakes up*

Pilot: Oh my, a Zentradi girl...

Girl: Whats up with that reaction, you never seen one before? We only outnumber you 1 billion to 1, ya know...

So uh... having been into a game for a while, I am not exactly appreciative of the triangle choices... yet...

But moving on...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:55   Link #562
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I am still a Ranka fan & shipper. But I am not a rapid shipper like you anymore. I enjoy my ship's run & still love them to the absolute best; but I no longer break into wars.
Heh... yeah. Ask Magnus if I'm a rabid (or as you put it, "rapid") Sheryl-shipper, and see if he agrees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
*Pilot wakes up*

Pilot: Oh my, a Zentradi girl...

Girl: Whats up with that reaction, you never seen one before? We only outnumber you 1 billion to 1, ya know...

So uh... having been into a game for a while, I am not exactly appreciative of the triangle choices... yet...

But moving on...

- Tak
So, have you played as Alto yet?
Old 2013-03-27, 11:00   Link #563
Tak

Wut, Yot accused as rabid Sherri Shipper? Hell... thats creativity in accusation right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Heh... yeah. Ask Magnus if I'm a rabid (or as you put it, "rapid") Sheryl-shipper, and see if he agrees...

Nah, not even. Will get to him later.

Trying to find time on the weekdays is very hard, will devote during Weekends.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:05   Link #564
GalacticFairy
Always listening...

Send a message via AIM to GalacticFairy
Quote:
And hey... one of my friends got two tickets for the Macross 30 Crossover Live concert, and invited me! So yeah... I'm gonna be there!

EDIT: Since no one's mentioned it yet... WEBSITE: http://macrosslive30.com/
Im just slinking out of lurking to mention I got my tickets as well http://i45.tinypic.com/akbjep.jpg

Hope to see you there, Id actually like to meet people from here/MW

*slinks back*
Old 2013-03-27, 11:31   Link #565
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticFairy View Post
Im just slinking out of lurking to mention I got my tickets as well http://i45.tinypic.com/akbjep.jpg

Hope to see you there, Id actually like to meet people from here/MW

*slinks back*
I think Tochiro is trying to scout you for our next podcast... and Tochiro simply will not be denied...

So, er, yeah. See you in July!
Old 2013-03-27, 12:01   Link #566
GalacticFairy
Always listening...

Send a message via AIM to GalacticFairy
Quote:
I think Tochiro is trying to scout you for our next podcast... and Tochiro simply will not be denied...

So, er, yeah. See you in July!
Oh! I can PM you my email/FB if he wants to contact me.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:25   Link #567
magnuskn

Quote:
And hey... one of my friends got two tickets for the Macross 30 Crossover Live concert, and invited me! So yeah... I'm gonna be there!

EDIT: Since no one's mentioned it yet... WEBSITE: http://macrosslive30.com/
You live in Japan, don't you get a free teleport to every Macross related event? Geeze.

Congrats and have fun!
Old 2013-03-27, 12:27   Link #568
magnuskn

Quote:
I am still a Ranka fan & shipper. But I am not a rapid shipper like you anymore.
THIS is the funniest thing I've read for a long time.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:37   Link #569
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You live in Japan, don't you get a free teleport to every Macross related event? Geeze.

Congrats and have fun!
Quote:
Screw you, and thank you. Respectively.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:54   Link #570
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
this is a topic about ranka x sheryl the anniversary, so shipping discussion is unnecesary.
True, Sheryl got all the girls anyway.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Have fun at the concert, guys, be sure to take pictures if you can!
Old 2013-03-27, 16:12   Link #571
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Yot-chan and GalacticFairy:

Damn it. I will say it: I'm super envious.

But have fun!!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-03-27, 20:13   Link #572
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
If you haven't notice Magnus; I have been civil for quite a while now. I am more or less shipping with people who share a common interest in my ship now. Plus, I chat with those people elsewhere. Discussing my ship here is never worth the time or effort.

-

On another note, no one has completed the game yet, have they? I stopped watching after the second 24hr run. The game looks good in graphics but the story is hard to follow when reading the text and listening to the conversations. Um, so far, I am under the impression that the start is a rip-off from Zero; with how Mina is introduced. I have not memorized all the characters names but the male main very much reminds me of Amata in looks, but he is also very shy and standoffish; a different look for Macross men. I wonder how each story of the main three works out with that in mind.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:06   Link #573
wisteria233

Quote:
If you haven't notice Magnus; I have been civil for quite a while now. I am more or less shipping with people who share a common interest in my ship now. Plus, I chat with those people elsewhere. Discussing my ship here is never worth the time or effort.
People find it funny, because anybody who knows Gubaba even just a little bit knows that he's a stark Nanase shipper, who more often than not will be a killjoy to Sheryl shippers, but mostly he mostly keeps out of love triangle debates.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:46   Link #574
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
People find it funny, because anybody who knows Gubaba even just a little bit knows that he's a stark Nanase shipper, who more often than not will be a killjoy to Sheryl shippers, but mostly he mostly keeps out of love triangle debates.
Um, I haven't debated a thing for a while; so I consider myself a non-rapid shipper. I am civil & I plan to stay that way. I have other anime to debate ships about. Also, I'd rather not bring up old wars. You'll all had the same debates years ago. I've read through all the posts by now & though I'd love to correct some AR shippers with more information & evidence; I've let the arguments die. The undeniable unending war is always started by AS shippers who can't stand that AR shippers exist. There is never going to be an end to it.
Old 2013-03-28, 02:39   Link #575
magnuskn

"rabid", LMK, not "rapid".

And I would start to argue about your reasoning why those shipping wars continued for so long, but what's the point? ^^
Old 2013-03-28, 03:20   Link #576
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
"rabid", LMK, not "rapid".
I had a feeling my spelling was off since I was typing while thinking. Thanks.

Quote:
And I would start to argue about your reasoning why those shipping wars continued for so long, but what's the point? ^^
Yeah, yeah; but they're over now. & if people can't figure out how to be civil & find mutual ground, then we'd be every government in the world.
Old 2013-03-28, 04:58   Link #577
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
On another note, no one has completed the game yet, have they?
Here or elsewhere? Psnprofiles.com has 45 people who got the Platinum Trophy and 100% completion, 4chan and GameFAQ's has a couple of people who said they completed the game and are also confirming the endings I listed, though I'm still holding out on that one and lurking on MW. And I misread, the endings only earn you a Gold Trophy, 47 people have that.

I think all or almost all the cutscenes are up on nico now and I still don't like how little animation they added. I also don't have time to watch the gameplay, I'm just reading summaries and will get the novel next month.
Old 2013-03-28, 09:35   Link #578
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You're not entirely off the mark. From what I read here, it states that you're only allowed to play the game in your first run as Leon, until NG+ where you can have other choices (which explains players using Alto, I assume).

As for endings, I've seen people posting a common response: 1) Aisha's ending 2) Mina's ending 3) Threesome ending. And it doesn't seem to be an intense triangle either, having drawn comparisons between these 3 and the Basara bunch: practically platonic.

I did like what I read about the Alto-Sheryl bits in the game. There's also no word about Hikaru and Minmay so, waiting with bated breath here.
Old 2013-03-28, 10:20   Link #579
wisteria233

Quote:
Um, I haven't debated a thing for a while; so I consider myself a non-rapid shipper. I am civil & I plan to stay that way. I have other anime to debate ships about. Also, I'd rather not bring up old wars. You'll all had the same debates years ago. I've read through all the posts by now & though I'd love to correct some AR shippers with more information & evidence; I've let the arguments die. The undeniable unending war is always started by AS shippers who can't stand that AR shippers exist. There is never going to be an end to it.
Gubaba has been around even when you came here, and he hasn't been in any of those arguments at all, he has only interfered to correct us, in fact I think you a few times as well, and he's also active in the MW forums as well.

Also it may surprise you, but AS shippers don't really care about AR shippers. They only get up in arms when AR shippers start trying to devalue their own ship (even though doing so doesn't help AR ship), try to bash Sheryl and/or Alto (especially when there is double standard), play wounded gazelle, or try to claim that "Sheryl stole Ranka's scenes in SnT, and that's why she won". And even then it isn't always AS shippers who are correcting then since a lot of neutral parties correct them too and then get labeled as AS shippers even though they're not.

As far as AS shippers are concerned the war is over and they won, you can ship whatever you want to ship it doesn't change canon. Really its not like what happened with Harry Potter.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2013-03-28 at 10:39.
Old 2013-03-28, 10:43   Link #580
Tak

So going through the first few missions. Combat is quite good, but very reminiscent of the ones found in Macross Ace/Ultimate/Triangular Frontier (I have all three games, but should have just waited for the last one... *sigh*). Yes, I was hoping to have the ability to manage a Macross Quarter type-ship, but that option appears to be very limited.

This game is definitely stretching the graphic capabilities of the PS3, which is a bit outdated now. Funny how they gave me a VF-0 from the start, while Aisha gets a VF-19 due to 'special privileges'.

Ah, the YF-29 Durandal has a updated version in the form of Percival. Going to get my hands on one, but probably won't be possible until later. *sigh*

- Tak

Closed Thread