AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-08, 18:46   Link #301
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
Every time I read a new chapter of Claymore I always have the same phrase running through my head, 'my kingdom for a tactical nuke'. It was probably extreme even before this, but it's just getting preposterous now. The enemies are now so ridiculously overpowered that it makes no sense that no one is dying. Someone had better find some kryptonite or we need another 7 year training montage.
I'm not sure I really get what you are saying here....

The Big Three are dead, we have new ZAOs, The Ghosts are all high-ranking warriors who would pounce on the fillers, Raki may or may not be super-strong, and Claire/Raciella/Priscilla are effectively out-of-commission for the moment.

I don't get where you are getting this sense of overpowered coming from...in a sense, it's all relative because, actually, their always seems to be someone that gets stronger or somehow circumvents them.

Let me put in this way.....I miss the days when someone actually was over-powered; when the Abyssals felt omnipotent and their was this huge gap between people....when, if someone were stronger then you, chances are it's simply the way it is and their is nothing you can do about it.

The natural progression of the story changed all that - the original AO's have been killed, the gap to Priscilla is ever-shrinking, the Ghosts are getting stronger, Raciella was a big issue but at least temporarily seems taken care of...

Sorry, I don't get where you get this feeling -- what I personally feel is that the story has become more conventional and "anything is possible as long as I believe in myself!", which isn't how it used to be; everything was more clear-cut and black/white with regards to power-levels back in the day and, truth is, I miss that...

People are complaining about nobody dying...I think that has alot to do with that -- back in the day, the Fab 4 would be faced with the male AB, Rigardo...they would get into these situations way in over their heads, cry, and people would die...

Nobody since Agatha attacking Clarice, Miata and Galatea have something like this happened...that's why I actually praised this chapter in Hysteria attacking Anastasia and having this mexican-standoff type situation, because I missed that...as twisted as it sounds, It's actually made my interest in Anastasia go up since she's had this brush with death.

If, in a supposedly dark manga like this, nobody ever comes close to death, I really don't worry for them or, in a sense, feel for them because I know nothing will ever happen to them....get what I'm saying?

Wow, I think I completely changed topics in the middle of that

===

Oh and Tempest? I'd like you to know that I'm making a bet right now - whether Claire will show up or you update "Homecoming"....I'm curious which one comes first, because both are taking a loooong time

Actually, we haven't seen Claire in, what, a year or so? you haven't updated your story since, what, 2008?

So that's one year over....four years; wow, Yagi's got you beat
Old 2012-02-08, 19:28   Link #302
henwy

With the monthly releases, sometimes I can barely remember who Clare is. All I know is I want a powerup or a cheat code or something.

And as for the feeling they're outmatched and should be overwhelmed...the ridiculously grevious damage killer-daddylonglegs is dealing out without apparently even trying with the fact that there are two more nasties who haven't even engaged yet. It's probably an asspull at this point that they'll even defeat the one. The fact that no one dies while being so overmatched is just stretching belief. A first strike takes out half the team, but all of the wounds, while grevious, kills not a one? You have to give the readers some more hope than that or everything starts to seem like deus ex machina when they manage to survive.
Old 2012-02-08, 22:24   Link #303
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
Maybe if we're lucky Roxanne will have some ability to absorb Hysteria, and the plan totally backfires.
Interesting. That might happen. I did not like this chapter, it was boring.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:54   Link #304
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Miria: When Clare fought Rigaldo, She made that excessive speed her own by awakening both arms
wasn't her legs or translation error?
Old 2012-02-09, 03:48   Link #305
Neo_Xsendra

Hi there!
Im new here (Just found this Forum.) and im reading Claymore for just about a week (im now "up to date") and i think because i haven't had the "delays" between the chapters i could see the "rules of manga writing" more clear then you in claymore.

dont get me wrong, i love claymore. its a great manga, but the you can the the "typical envolvement" clealy in it (as in ALL good manga)

so what will happen next? according to the handbook, this plan will go terribly wrong. most likely the other 2 AO will stop fighting and then all 3 of them will "hunt the warrios. (lets say the next 1 - 3 chapters) then there will be a "meanwile chapter" with clare in which will will see how she aktually will learn, that she addapted the body of the "twin godness AO" and no longer is "human with beast" but real half human half beast. precilla? (i think it was her name) will afterward gets converted or wiped out, but not without telling clare that her bf is with the organisation. clare will head there and will be there "in the right moment to rescue her friends". i think that there will be only 5 ghosts left then "miss i can regenerate now, im no longer useless" will die with the converted warriors to show the situation is really serius.

that or somesing similar will happen i think. why am i thinkis that? because the manga so far follows the handbook of "good manga" the first strong one which was in real an underdog, but goes stronger part, the part where "Hart und Feelings" (clair) always will get superior to plan and logic, or evil.

dont get me wrong, i like this sort of manga, and claymore i really like, but sometimes it gets to obvius. but i really lloking forwart to this "obvius part" because you never know "how exactly" the mangaka will do it.

(btw english isn my first language ^^; i think its obvius too XD)

EDIT: i should have mentioned that i was reading a lot of your conversation of "what might happen"
Old 2012-02-09, 04:16   Link #306
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
wasn't her legs or translation error?
It's not an error.
Of course Claire used her legs to run,BUT she was able to control that speed thanx to awakening her arms.
Without awakening her ams her crazy speed would have been useless in an actual fight.
Old 2012-02-09, 05:05   Link #307
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
It's not an error.
Of course Claire used her legs to run,BUT she was able to control that speed thanx to awakening her arms.
Without awakening her ams her crazy speed would have been useless in an actual fight.
I agree since Miria implied that Clare’s arms let her change direction like Hysteria’s anchors while moving fast.

Clare’s arms seemed to work in a different way to Hysteria’s anchors maybe Clare’s arms moved so fast that they knocked back air allowing Clare to change direction.
Old 2012-02-09, 05:24   Link #308
Friday
Im shy too...

found it

Spoiler for arm:

only saw the anime version where she used her Claymore to control her speed,
didn't bother reading the manga version, only started reading Chp 65 onwards.
Old 2012-02-09, 07:43   Link #309
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
found it

Spoiler for arm:

only saw the anime version where she used her Claymore to control her speed,
didn't bother reading the manga version, only started reading Chp 65 onwards.
LoL, that explains it.
There are some differences between the manga and the anime (some are BIG differences), especially in the very beginning (iirc) and in the Pieta's arc.
Old 2012-02-09, 11:11   Link #310
Gooral
Banned

I was bored so I looked at the manga again to see in how many chapters Clare was missing.

She wasn't in chapters:
62-65, 73-76, 81, 86-89, 97, 106-123

Overall 32 chapters which is over 1/4 of the manga. Which for a main character is a lot. Not to mention that in some chapters she was only in a few (or even one) panels, e.g. in chapter 98 or chapters where she was being carried by Helen. Yagi should reconsider what he's doing because currently Claymore sucks big time. And despite high rankings in this thread most people that actually post don't like what they see which shows that there aren't many good things you can write about it. Heck, up to this point my opinion of the chapter is the longest one of all...
Old 2012-02-09, 15:24   Link #311
ynkac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Miria thinking she would be almost as strong as Abyssal if she awakened also didn't make much sense and showed Miria's stupidity.
She decided there was no other choice, so it was not a stupid decision... I mean it was not stupid until minute later she decided there WAS another choice.

Quote:
But the most stupid thing in this chapter was that Dr. Deneve arbitrarily decided that Miria is a messiah and everyone owe everything to Miria...
She just brainwashed Miria. We don't know what she was really thinking.

Quote:
The second most stupid thing since Hysteria saying "listen: the reason blah blah blah" takes the cake. Why would she explain it to Nike? Does it seem natural to any of you?
Hysteria is a type that likes to show off. She is a user of a stupid-elegant technique, most of all hating to be ignored. Such a character itself is unnatural for an adult warrior. But if we accepted its existence several chapters ago... We can imagine her not only chatting on the battlefield, but even dancing there.
Old 2012-02-09, 15:46   Link #312
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
I was bored so I looked at the manga again to see in how many chapters Clare was missing.

She wasn't in chapters:
62-65, 73-76, 81, 86-89, 97, 106-123

Overall 32 chapters which is over 1/4 of the manga. Which for a main character is a lot. Not to mention that in some chapters she was only in a few (or even one) panels, e.g. in chapter 98 or chapters where she was being carried by Helen. Yagi should reconsider what he's doing because currently Claymore sucks big time. And despite high rankings in this thread most people that actually post don't like what they see which shows that there aren't many good things you can write about it. Heck, up to this point my opinion of the chapter is the longest one of all...
Claymore is still great but yes it would be better with Clare in it without taking such a long absence.

I thought Miria was going to awaken when she wondered how strong she would be as a awakened being and she's my fav so I wouldn't be too happy if she got killed off.

Raki must still be inside the Org building, once the Org is destroyed maybe the Dragon Kin will be the next main villains?
Old 2012-02-09, 16:19   Link #313
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Claymore is still great but yes it would be better with Clare in it without taking such a long absence.

I thought Miria was going to awaken when she wondered how strong she would be as a awakened being and she's my fav so I wouldn't be too happy if she got killed off.

Raki must still be inside the Org building, once the Org is destroyed maybe the Dragon Kin will be the next main villains?
I could imagine that following a report from Rubel that the Org was getting close to develop highly performing Hybrid weapons (Alicia/ Beth, but also the Ghosts who are the equivalent of single digit warriors but with high resistance to awakening), it would trigger an scout force of the Dragon kin to be sent to the island to evaluate the danger posed by these "new" weapons.
It is to be noted that on the "main" continent, the probable reason why the Dragons still haven't won is that the awakened Beings used in the front line by the Org kill indiscriminately both foes and fiends, thus being more akin to nukes than rockets.
The stalemate seems to be between a very powerful race of Dragonkin vs near invincible Awakened beings that prevent to advance but are also useless to the org for a real push with their army.

If the Org was to acquire near AO power type sentient beings, susceptible to reason, and able to resist awakening with the strain of battle, that would be a major threat.

So with this, I can def imagine that we could have a balance of power upset soon, either shortly after or during the big three ZAO fight (which might be a surprise, given that right now we more or less expect to see Pris/ Clare arriving to save the day frankly).

Thus the current Arc could end with a taste of "things to come" with a scout party of Dragonkins, and then our Claymores having to decide if they are willing to wait for the next invasion force, or take the initiative and try to parlay with the other two major forces (Org / Dragonkin) to leave the Island alone, and in that sense relocating Claymore (the manga) to an entirely new setting - the main continent.

Just speculation, of course
Old 2012-02-09, 19:13   Link #314
MalakTawus

I still love this manga a lot....but i also think that when the story was more focused on Claire it was definitely better......
Old 2012-02-09, 20:20   Link #315
ReverseReasoning
Perriah of Inquiry

Claymore is pulling ass-pull after ass-pull. When was the last good chapter? It feels like freaking ages.

Miria is starting to be an annoying panel consumer who tries to awaken every chapter to no avail. There is always something that would stop her. Arrrrgh. How boring. And now, she can fight Hysteria again? What bs.

Deneve got to my nerves as usual. Just stop freaking talking very obvious dialogue and just die already. Run out of regeneration and die. Kill all defensive types! (Even Nike!)

I don't want to see Hysteria running in Cassandra and Roxanne. I want to see her get some freaking brain cells and realize that there are hair strands that she could easily destroy. I want her to attack the easy prey, Cynthia, Yuma, Anastasia, Diatrich and Deneve. They're freaking disorganized and healing. I want to see all the claymores in despair, much like the old good Riful days.

And yes, kill Dietrich and Anastasia already. Give them as an offering to Hysteria.
She might be in a better mood then.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:05   Link #316
dr.deneve
Banned

Smile

hi everyone!
Please take a seat. I would be happy to help you find whether you have a wedge or not!
Old 2012-02-09, 21:30   Link #317
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Doctor doctor give me the news I got a bad case of hating you!
Old 2012-02-09, 21:53   Link #318
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Doctor doctor give me the news I got a bad case of hating you!
Looking at that picture though...I like her butt, I can't complain about that
Old 2012-02-09, 21:59   Link #319
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Looking at that picture though...I like her butt, I can't complain about that
I was thinking the same thing.....Dat Ass.
Old 2012-02-09, 22:22   Link #320
Friday
Im shy too...

and what a cute butt it is......
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria