AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 11:05   Link #441
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Tomoe episode had me mixed feeling. On one side I like how they add many anime original stuffs, and it was interesting to see Tomoe interacts with other heroines but on the other side it lessen her sweet interaction with Kazuya. I really like Tomoe route on the game because of their interaction was... pure, mainly on Tomoe side. I guess they wanted to make this episode to have finale feeling thus all main and sub characters showed up and actually have lines (except for Ruu I think whom only... growled? ).

Her route supposed to be more..... how should I put it, sentimental? It's understandable they couldn't put all game materials into an episode but to be fair she only have 1 story unlike the previous 6 heroines, but instead they add original stuffs that kinda insignificant to her romance build up with Kazuya. Though I must say I'm amused by her appearance with her secret swimsuit and saying, "Still too plain?"

I like how Tomoe sister wanted to see her big sis being confessed but then pulled out by her mother, and I wonder if Kazuya put Tomoe's swimsuit pictures on her graduation album, what will his father think of Kazuya if he saw that album, haha. I really laughed more than the previous episodes. Kudou's crouching above the shoe locker, Azuma of all people was the one who took the best picture of Tomoe, how Haruka (and Nonoka) is NTRed again and twice even on this episode, and at last Kudou's narration on next week episode. "Imouto. The forbidden fruit. Onii-chan will, Onii-chan will..."

If anyone interested, I wrote detailed summary for Tomoe route's main events from the game:
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2013/01/...e-summary.html

And official site released another set of free wallpapers you can download:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano...wallpaper.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Awww ... I really liked that ep. In many ways my fave of the single eps. Tomoe is sweeter than I expected her to be.

Have I mentioned that I also really like the ED and the method of the girl focused on singing it in full during the last seven eps?
She is. At first glance, when I played her route for the first time I was like meh, but after awhile she really grew on me. Frail, shy, has some kind of inferiority complex but makes me want to hug her all the time to protect her

And yeah, Tomoe version of the ED is the best compared to other solo version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
F**k the imouto. And sensei ep is not needed(she has abnormal boobs and thats all). I need my Yuuko ep!!!
Momoko route was cute, there are lot of lovey-dovey stuffs compared to other routes :T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh man there's no Uchida ep! Did she have a route in the game?
She had, sorta. Her and Ruu route didn't play out normally like the main heroines though, but they still have their own ending.

Some parts of Uchida route were already included through out these 12 episodes.

Quote:
Hmm ... for myself I must admit I would have liked it to be stretched out over 24 eps in the Amagami like style. I agree that it felt rushed.

But overall, I guess I have not really been "disappointed" with the series in general, but rather with individual eps - I thought Mai and Rina were kinda shortchanged, for example (especially since Mai was my fave chara after the first 4 eps/"general intro").
Agreed. 24 episodes would be great to cover more parts from the game. They could make it 4 introduction episodes like they did, then 9 heroines have 2 episodes each, and lastly Uchida and Ruu could have an episode each since their routes were shorter >.<

As satisfied I am for Mai and Rina arc, but I do want more lovey-dovey stuffs, mostly on their date events the anime cut, to be animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I really don't think they knew what they were doing with this series at all.
They are doing this mostly as an fancy ad to boost the new Vita game sales.
Old 2013-06-22, 12:00   Link #442
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
And yeah, Tomoe version of the ED is the best compared to other solo version.
+1. Too bad Miyuki Sawashiro rarely sings.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:24   Link #443
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
...If anyone interested, I wrote detailed summary for Tomoe route's main events from the game:
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2013/01/...e-summary.html
Thanks for the link. I found it an interesting read so far.

Also liked this image and the dialogue around it:

I don't remember them animating this one, though. Pity. ^^
Old 2013-06-23, 05:29   Link #444
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This show has been a failure from start to finish. They spent way too much time on Haruka's route, then ended up with too little time for the other girls, resulting in poor development (both in character and romance) and rushed confessions.

And somehow, I doubt the last episode will change all that much, unless she actually goes further and poses nude, which I'm quite sure will not happen (though even then, it would only be a small redemption for 12 weeks of mediocrity).
Old 2013-06-23, 23:08   Link #445
hoshino_crimsonwings

Who exactly is that cosplay girl that shows up all the time?
Old 2013-06-24, 00:30   Link #446
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
-_\\\. How did you watch the series?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 01:27   Link #447
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I found it an interesting read so far.

Also liked this image and the dialogue around it:

I don't remember them animating this one, though. Pity. ^^
IIRC originally every heroines have that ear-accessory scene as one of their after-school date scenes, but we only got Mai for the anime Obviously they cut A LOT of materials from the game. And I only count the main and sub-events, as there are more dialogues depending the topic you chose on biorhythm talk mode. Pity indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
I thought it's already obvious for everyone at this time.

You need to rewatch episode 11 (Rina arc), to be exact when Alice/the cosplayer came to maid cafe and talked to Rina. When she said "Naisho", it's should have been obvious as she spoke with the unique tone only one character had in the series
Old 2013-06-24, 01:38   Link #448
ArrowSmith

God I hate this series with a passion. It's pure dating sim with no character development.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 04:36   Link #449
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
God I hate this series with a passion. It's pure dating sim with no character development.

Correction: It's like watching a speed-run of a pure dating sim....

Why did they think this was a good idea at all? On the other hand, Amagami had 4 episodes per girl and the result was nothing outstanding either..... *shrugs* oh well.

A bit of a pity, since some of the girls seemed interesting.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 12:18   Link #450
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^This is why I don't particularly like omnibus format, and would rather have the male lead choose one girl and stick with her. It may hurt those who support a certain pairing, but I think that's less bad than completely screwing up said girl's arc and leaving them equally unsatisfied.
Old 2013-06-24, 22:17   Link #451
MasterVampire

I havn't watched this series yet but is there any payoff in the romance department?

I mean does the main character guy actually end up with any of the girls?
Kiss?

etc...

I don't really like romance anime where it ends and there isnt much development or its a harem ending.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 02:35   Link #452
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I havn't watched this series yet but is there any payoff in the romance department?

Kiss?

etc...

I don't really like romance anime where it ends and there isnt much development or its a harem ending.
You could say he ends up with all the girls, though not at the same time.
Old 2013-06-25, 03:12   Link #453
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post

Kiss?

etc...

Have you watched Amagami SS? This one has the same omnibus format, although not exactly the same. Yosuga no Sora is more similar on the part that first few episodes are the introduction/common route episodes, and then each episode after that focus on one girl's arc where in the end MC and the girl becomes a couple, but next episode will reset the timeline back to after common route episodes finish.

And since this is based on love sim, romance is definitely there, although due to 1-cour quota it is very rushed, they cramped hours worth of story into 1 episode. There's almost no character development since it, and plot, never been the focus, maybe only Sanehara and Tomoe that has the most development as character, but even then it's not that much.
Old 2013-06-28, 06:29   Link #454
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... just watched ep 13.

My thoughts of the series as a whole are still essentially that it could have been something a lot better than it was, but it remains "ok" and that I might re-watch it once in a blue moon.

Perhaps a 7/10 for the series as a whole?
Old 2013-06-28, 08:42   Link #455
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
So we got a happy incest ending... nice...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 08:48   Link #456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not blood related... that makes the incest lose all its flavor. It was still pretty cute though. Probably my favorite ep of the series.

5/10 for the whole show. It would have been better if they hadn't wasted time on a 4 ep introduction and had given each girl two episodes even if that meant sacrificing one of them.
Old 2013-06-28, 08:51   Link #457
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not blood related... that makes the incest lose all its flavor. It was still pretty cute though. Probably my favorite ep of the series.
Yeah.. I hope we have a kiss.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 13:18   Link #458
Divini
Senpai!

Wow, I seriously didn't expect a serious imouto romance arc. What a treat! (Kanon is definitely the most adorable of the girls <3) Getting to this episode made it worth watching through some of the girls that I didn't care for much.

I definitely expected the non-blood related twist though, it would take a lot of guts to air a real incest romance.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:16   Link #459
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Spoiler for episode 13:
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 15:15   Link #460
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
...It was still pretty cute though. Probably my favorite ep of the series....It would have been better if they hadn't wasted time on a 4 ep introduction and had given each girl two episodes even if that meant sacrificing one of them.
For my I think my fave ep was the last one, I think. I really liked ep 12.

But agree that 2 eps per heroine would have been more interesting, I think.

It would be nice if they will release OVA's with a more detailed treatment - maybe a 50-60 minute unfolded dose per heroine that builds on and expands this all too brief and imo hasty sketch?

Tags
high school, romance