AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 11:08   Link #1401
terrus

We all know that the ending of the remake of EVA will be a mindfuck and the girls will all be killed off in new or diffrent ways, including this new girl but it's how we'll get there and how it will happen wich is the attitude you should take if you decide to watch gainax's next project.

I myself will be watching the remake for new features they seem to be adding to the plot but mostly i'll be watching it for nostalgia as EVA was the first anime i ever watched (well the first grown up anime first anime i ever watched was ugh, shudder pokemon).
Old 2007-10-02, 15:50   Link #1402
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
That. Is. Not. Possible.
Do the impossible, see the invisible.....*shot*
Old 2007-10-02, 16:09   Link #1403
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSakuraS View Post
Do the impossible, see the invisible.....*shot*
*stares*

*.........*

*finishes the line for you*

" Do the impossible, see the invisible~ ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!"

" Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable~ ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!"

*flees*
Old 2007-10-02, 16:23   Link #1404
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
*stares*

*.........*

*finishes the line for you*

" Do the impossible, see the invisible~ ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!"

" Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable~ ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!"

*flees*
*hunts down and....*

*GIGAAAA DRILLLLLL BREAKER!!!!!!!!*

*hides*
Old 2007-10-04, 05:11   Link #1405
OMG_Zerg_Rush

After seeing and hearing Rossiu at the end of ep 27, am i the only one who thinks he is related to his village leader/priest ?
________
AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS (ALS) ADVICE

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:15.
Old 2007-10-04, 05:46   Link #1406
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

One thing that really disapointed me was that they never showed a little Viral. I thought for sure that there would be a flashback sometime between episode 13 and 15 in which a little Viral was being told how weak humans are and such since he just figured out that the truth is exactly the oppoisite.
Old 2007-10-04, 07:35   Link #1407
LS Eden
Eternal Scourge

Send a message via ICQ to LS Eden Send a message via MSN to LS Eden
I'm surely not the first to realize this, but:
1: All the lights in heaven (stars) are the enemy?
27: All the lights in heaven are stars, where our spiral friends are waiting.

To me, it sounds like 2nd Series Simon HELL YEAH!
Old 2007-10-04, 10:03   Link #1408
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Eden View Post

sounds more like a happy ending to me.

I don't know...gurren lagann certainly did alright, so there's always the chance at a sequel, but this piece of the story seems to be wrapped up nicely.
Old 2007-10-04, 10:33   Link #1409
Kirarakim

Well didn't they say they wanted to make spin offs of Gurren Lagann, but with new characters. I am pretty sure Simon's story is done.

I could see Viral making a cameo in a new series since he is immortal and all. I never really saw a point of making him immortal so maybe bringing him into other series was the point (or I can hope).

I also thought maybe other spiral races would be the enemy in the new series. Spiral Power could be a dangerous power if not used for good.

Although I have a feeling nothing will be as good as the original series. It never is.
Old 2007-10-04, 11:12   Link #1410
7Th
Mixtape

I really hope the next series opens many years after Gurren-Lagann ended, in a dystopical society controlled by Darth Gimmy. Simon is still alive due to his Spiral Power and takes an Obi-Wan-like role for the new female lead.
Old 2007-10-04, 13:10   Link #1411
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:

Ahahah I've been thinking about that sort of possibility too. In fact, while the credits were rolling, I was sure it was going to be something like that.

Anyway, if no one minds, I'd like to point out some 'problems' I had with/things I noticed about the GARlock Saga as a whole and maybe spark some discussion or something--.

1. It became pretty clear, and not just from the costumes, differences in the bridge, and lack of aide, that this GARlock was without a doubt NOT the one from the first episode. One key thing: ep1!GARlock was piloting on the bridge and commanding the ship (there was that whole Elstreim Cannon thing too) whereas our GARlock turned the ship into a big mecha and piloted that. Two pretty different forms of battle, so that was a giveaway for me.
2. Boota. It was pretty cool to find out he was the aide, where I was thinking the aide was Rossiu from the true GARlock world (and who knows, in that world maybe he and Boota fusion ha'd) but, my problem here is... He was a molepig again in 27. Seriously, that was like, thrown out there for absolutely no reason except maybe to point out Genome had a different form of Spiral Energy, or to just say who it the aide was without following up on it.
3. And on that, what was the point of pointing out Genome had special spiral energy? To evolve Boota who didn't actually stay evolved?
4. It's been said a million times in the 27 thread but I'll say it again: I can't see Simon going off to be a wanderer. While I really did enjoy the ending, him just dropping everything for that kind of life seems so unlike him, even after Nia's death.
5. Nia should've lived, needs moar good end (even though the end was pretty good), etc. etc.
6. On the series as a whole, I'm kind of sad Rossiu didn't get any focus past the middle arc, and while Gimmy and Darry got all that "oh look at them they're grown up and awesome pilots", I would've enjoyed some more time with them too. But I love the Adai trio waaaay too much so I'm probably alone there.
7. Forgetting the fact the goggles looked cooler than the star glasses, and fit him better... What was up with that thing on Simon's neck. Seriously. PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS FROM SOME WARPED SPACE BONDAGE WHEN HE WAS CAPELESS IN 27.

Aaaaaand I'm done.

EDIT: OH RIGHT. They never translated Rossiu's stupid book.

Last edited by Keiichi no Hibi; 2007-10-04 at 13:14. Reason: added another thing
Old 2007-10-04, 15:25   Link #1412
7Th
Mixtape

Hey guys, what's this I'm reading about Gainax explaining the final arc storyline for us?

http://anime2.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...1191141983/388

Any summary of those scans? They're by the same guy that always posted the other stuff.
Old 2007-10-04, 15:27   Link #1413
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

can i get a PREquel?! where we see lord genome's past. Man that would be cool, the original spiral war. Since we know they wont win.. maybe, they win on a smaller scale, like fend off the anti-spirals from their solar system. He has twice as much GAR as simon after all, since both of his eyes went spirally.
Old 2007-10-04, 18:42   Link #1414
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Hey guys, what's this I'm reading about Gainax explaining the final arc storyline for us?

Any summary of those scans? They're by the same guy that always posted the other stuff.
Well he didn't scan everything, only the parts he thinks is important. Skimmed through all the scans, nothing much that interests me. But of course the only thing I want is their explanation for Nia's death. This is the only scan that actually had a partial dialogue concerning Nia's death, but the guy deliberately focused on the part above it.
http://imepita.jp/20071004/744630
Old 2007-10-04, 19:07   Link #1415
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Well he didn't scan everything, only the parts he thinks is important. Skimmed through all the scans, nothing much that interests me. But of course the only thing I want is their explanation for Nia's death. This is the only scan that actually had a partial dialogue concerning Nia's death, but the guy deliberately focused on the part above it.
http://imepita.jp/20071004/744630
Wasn't there an interview with Nia's VA? I'm pretty sure I saw Nia's VA featured prominently in one of those scans...
Old 2007-10-04, 19:15   Link #1416
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Wasn't there an interview with Nia's VA? I'm pretty sure I saw Nia's VA featured prominently in one of those scans...
Mm, yes there was an interview with Fukui Yukari, but the interview was not about Nia's death. IIRC, the only thing memorable was something about Dark Nia being surprisingly popular with fans, and Yukari was like: "ohh, ic... so they like foxy ladies like that huh"
Old 2007-10-04, 20:18   Link #1417
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
After seeing and hearing Rossiu at the end of ep 27, am i the only one who thinks he is related to his village leader/priest ?
I thought that pretty much pegged or dwelled onto the fact and irony, that the village leader was Rossiu's father or maybe grand father.

The village leader did say that he did once send/force out Rossui's mother to the surface (towards an inevitable doom), leading to believe Rossui's mother was either the daughter or wife of the leader, give or take a few facts. Then theres the whole Rossui attempting suicide episode, where he has a chat with him and theres the "Urge to return to the place where one came from" or something.

Quote:
Ahahah I've been thinking about that sort of possibility too. In fact, while the credits were rolling, I was sure it was going to be something like that.
~
~
EDIT: OH RIGHT. They never translated Rossiu's stupid book.
I was expecting Gimmy doing the pose from the prologue half-heartedly, but there was enough few loose threads if they ever wanted to continue the series. But if Simon ever comes back, I wouldn't want to see the whole a badly done version returning hero like we have seen in some other mecha shows.

As for the book, I think it was just jibberish. Kinda like writing chicken stratch, and saying you can only read said such divine words of prophecy so you can take a seat of power like the Village Elder.

But anyways, over-all the series was pretty nicely paced and strong minus the whole wedding scene (the timeskip epilogue was okay).

Spoiler for Maybe?:

Not that I didn't mind the strong episodes, but going in to save Nia was one of the main priorities (and even the dying wish of some of the comrades), so the 7~8 major characters excluding the background characters kinda felt wasted besides pumping up the evolution of GL.

Then the whole passing on the torch to protect the universe was a bit weak in my opinion, and basically was the same as Simon taking down Lord Genome in before the first time skip but just on a much larger scale.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:58   Link #1418
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

If the director's cut of the series gives more time to the Gurren Gang members to build them up, I'll be quite pleased, though it only looks for the last arc. =/

I hope Gainax tells us something about the prologue...anything but the "alternate universe/dream" excuse.
Old 2007-10-05, 00:00   Link #1419
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

They are just episode impressions by Imagawa and Fukui.
Nothing that reveals the story dramatically or anything.
He also talks about all these ideas they had for the series, that they decided to can.

One thing that craked me up, is that they had this idea of Simon losing his virginity at the "beauty" village, only to find out later that the one who took away his virginity was revealed to be a hag.
Imagawa says he's glad they didn't do that idea, since a lot of people wouldn't find it very funny.

Let's see... oh, And Nakajima wants to do a "spin-off" of GL, involving how Viral became a guerrila soldier in that 7 year time skip.
Also, Imagawa mentions that he has no intention of doing a "sequel" of GL. He aimed to self-contained and complete the show as one.

Quote:

The title of the final Episode, "All the Lights in Heaven are stars" is the Japanese title for Fredric Brown's book, "The Lights In the Sky Are Stars".
It is Gainax anime tradition to have their final episodes named after a science fiction novel. That's the only reason for the title's naming.
And like I explained above, Imagawa does not want to do a sequel.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-10-05 at 00:15.
Old 2007-10-05, 01:22   Link #1420
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
One thing that craked me up, is that they had this idea of Simon losing his virginity at the "beauty" village, only to find out later that the one who took away his virginity was revealed to be a hag.
Imagawa says he's glad they didn't do that idea, since a lot of people wouldn't find it very funny.
Thank god for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Let's see... oh, And Nakajima wants to do a "spin-off" of GL, involving how Viral became a guerrila soldier in that 7 year time skip.
Wow, Viral getting his own spin-off? That sounds incredibly awesome. *_*
Closed Thread