AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 16:32   Link #341
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd ask what kind of masochist takes abuse over teasing...but I'm such a good guy that I won't ask after all
LOL... but, if the abuse comes with some sweetness from a lonely girl, probably any guy...
The reason why Ryuuji accept that is simple, he is kind and kind people would want to protect Taiga, Minori does, Ryuuji does... but, in the middle of this, Taiga already accept his love for Ryuuji. It was a love who grew with time, who stands some fights between them... so, it's the kind of love very difficult to avoid.

Quote:
So,am I the only one who thinks that Ami kinda ditched Ryuuji at the party?
.. that scene in the book is way more complex, and it speaks for itself though... it's slightly different to anime...
Old 2009-02-26, 13:26   Link #342
cloner4000

Guess will have to wait for the novel..I just hope she gets to convey her feeling to Ryuuji sometime before the Anime is over..it'll be too sad to let things end like they way it is now.
Old 2009-02-26, 19:01   Link #343
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
So, he is comfortable with her and not with Ami. He even prefers Taiga's "ill treatment" than Ami's teasing... Ryuuji's heart is not made to be teased the way Ami teased him.
... I guess you missed the fact that Ryuuji did attempt to pay back the teasings she done to him, and that gave Ami quite a shock.
Old 2009-02-26, 22:42   Link #344
Fran~
floating away...

Pay back... a pay back comes after you get hurt in some way...
Old 2009-02-27, 15:53   Link #345
reaper_unique

We all know how it's going to end. Ryuuji will "realize" that he loves Taiga and we get our cliché ending. The only thing we can still hope for is that she at least can tell him that she loves him or that there is going to be an OVA to get an Ami ending(you never know)

Last edited by reaper_unique; 2009-02-28 at 11:20.
Old 2009-02-27, 15:56   Link #346
Fran~
floating away...

Taiga isnt loli, she is just small... Ryuuji isnt a dense guy... it's wrong judge a book by the cover, Toradora's plot is about that, Ryuuji was always judged by his face and for that reason he is the person that he is...
Old 2009-02-27, 16:40   Link #347
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Pay back... a pay back comes after you get hurt in some way...
But he did, his innocence was hurt!

Old 2009-02-27, 16:43   Link #348
Fran~
floating away...

Now im a little confuse, i mean, i understand the meaning of payback he used but i dont see the debt.
Old 2009-02-27, 19:30   Link #349
typhonsentra

Payback=Revenge
Old 2009-02-27, 21:08   Link #350
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my god Ami was excellent this ep.
Old 2009-02-27, 23:28   Link #351
Kushi

Ami fighting for her love... Ryuuji needs to stop being so darn dense... other than that omg go Ami!~
Old 2009-02-28, 11:21   Link #352
reaper_unique

Quote:
Taiga isnt loli, she is just small... Ryuuji isnt a dense guy... it's wrong judge a book by the cover, Toradora's plot is about that, Ryuuji was always judged by his face and for that reason he is the person that he is...
changed it to cliché but Ryuuji is dense, how can he not see that Ami was looking for attention and that Minorin loved him.
Old 2009-02-28, 11:25   Link #353
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
changed it to cliché but Ryuuji is dense, how can he not see that Ami was looking for attention and that Minorin loved him.
Because he has zero experience... he was a guy who was feared by his look.
Just look when he was capable to say that he liked Minori to his only friends...

Remember, we must think in japanese personality, which is quite different to western personality, when a boy is shy... IS SHY, maybe to us that can be "dense", but don't forget that we're talking about Japan.
Old 2009-02-28, 11:37   Link #354
typhonsentra

Yeah "dense" as a description is over-used. I get the feeling Ryuuji has an idea of how the people around him feel but is unable to coax further information out of them, or at least is too timid to deal with pushing the subject. A good example of this is his conversation with Ami at the baseball cage:

Quote:
Looks like Ami's really angry. Supporting her head with an arm on the counter, she turned her body away from Ryuuji. Ami drank her drink that was full of artificial components. Her back and shoulders gave off the light smell of perfume and an evil aura. Ryuuji's mood also became bad accordingly,

"Would it be okay if I apologize? I was only joking, just like how you always jokingly stick to me?"

"I'm not angry at that... Never mind."

"Then what are you angry about?"

"Never mind never mind... There are a lot of reasons which Takasu-kun wouldn't understand."

Ami, who was facing the wall, forcibly ended the short conversation. But...

"Many reasons... So you're frustrated by a combination of work-related problems, Kitamura's rashness, anger at my actions... Something like that?"

Ryuuji mentally prepared himself to be ignored, attempting to continue the conversation. But surprisingly, Ami answered softly while still staring at the wall,

"...No, not like that. It's not that simple."

Ryuuji seemed to have picked up on something. He felt that Ami's words had a deeper meaning, but was unable to find a way to get her to reveal the deeper meaning of her words. It seemed to be just as Ami had said, it wasn't that simple.
Old 2009-03-01, 20:26   Link #355
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Yeah, Ryuuji's lack of experience is probably to blame... but if we're going to call him dense hen, what about kitamura? In anycase, after the whole minori vs. ami scene... I starting to wonder what the chances of an ami ending really are. I was also surprised that ami didn't volunteer to go look for taiga with everyone else...

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
Old 2009-03-01, 20:34   Link #356
typhonsentra

She seemed to be pretty ashamed of herself, I don't think she wants to be around the others right now.
Old 2009-03-03, 06:30   Link #357
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well she goes ahead and starts a fight (yea I know,they're kids and all but still...), I don't think she'd expect to get out of it clean, and since she lost round 1 she held a grudge over it the next day...her real character is much more exposed now than a few episodes ago, at least that's a good thing:P
Old 2009-03-06, 20:12   Link #358
errorrrr

Man... seriously, we all know it's going to end up with Ryuuji x Taiga... why do we keep consuming these type of anime... Even myself don't know... Is it that part of us want to see the "underdog" come out top? (underdog being Ami out of the 3 heroine)... seriously Ami seems to be dismissed right away whenever something possible may happen...

We all know too well Ami and Ryuuji end is impossible. So why do we still hope that she conveys her feeling to Ryuuji just to get a heart broken scene of Ami and a heart broken scene for all Ami fans? /sigh...
Old 2009-03-06, 20:22   Link #359
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You keep using "we" .... some of us are here to see a good story, not just to see Girl X win with no regard for story continuity. :P

Ami had the bad misfortune to show up late and get off on the wrong foot. She never quite recovered from that in Ryuuji's eyes. ... kind of like real life.

I'd like to see her and Ryuuji at least end up thinking better of each other, but so far there's no sign Ami is going to change her ways of interaction and Ryuuji already doesn't think well of her.
Old 2009-03-06, 20:33   Link #360
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You keep using "we" .... some of us are here to see a good story, not just to see Girl X win with no regard for story continuity. :P

Ami had the bad misfortune to show up late and get off on the wrong foot. She never quite recovered from that in Ryuuji's eyes. ... kind of like real life.

I'd like to see her and Ryuuji at least end up thinking better of each other, but so far there's no sign Ami is going to change her ways of interaction and Ryuuji already doesn't think well of her.
A insanely predictable story is not my definition of anything but "average"... I am not saying it's bad, it's passable, but I am just getting so sick of it... there are hardly any twists...

In all my honest opinion, this is more predictable than Mahou Sensei Negima.. -_-'
Closed Thread

Tags
characters