4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-28, 03:16   Link #281
tarachi
Observer

I just noticed the 4 gundams can still move very well. They can even still fly after THAT assault. The Power Blocs should FIND a way to upgrade NOW that the Thrones will likely take over the current 4 meisters.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:22   Link #282
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I LOL'ed HARD at this episode.

I like the way the series is going, but I don't like how it's doing it. The first half of this episode seemed like a complete regression of the series back into the one-sided bullshit fights we'd been seeing for the greater part of 10 episodes. The little "dance" Drei did when Neena activated the stealth field was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a Gundam series, and the way the stealth field looked was probably even dumber.

Oh well, at least the second half was pretty good. I can't say I feel that it pulled everything together, because I feel like it's a stupid way to do things. If you can't figure these things out as you go, then it's not a good story. You shouldn't need the show to dedicate 10 minutes to explain 15 prior episodes. That's not good storytelling--that's lazy. At least it did peel away some of the intrigue though, and sets up a pretty epic encounter for next week.

6/10 for me.

On another note, I hate how this show is (apparently) killing off the INTERESTING characters.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:27   Link #283
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

If it's a recap episode, it's also meant to introduce casual viewers to things they missed because they weren't watching some of the episodes. While it's often criticized as being lazy, it's likely quite helpful to such viewers.
Old 2008-01-28, 03:34   Link #284
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzz View Post
Did anyone else notice the line "There should only be five solar generators active right now." said by one of the "observers."

Where is the fifth generator? Does the support ship have one?

I remember the animation from the first ending seemed to insinuate that there was a fifth gundam pilot. They show 4 colored hexagons near the very end with the names of the pilots in them and it looks like there should be a fifth hexagon they way they are arranged.
You don't read the previous page do you?

Very well I'll indulge you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The fifth GN driveas you say is the prototype GN-000 Gundam O.

The same unit that intervened in Kurdistan and saved Setsuna.

It is currently in possesion of Fershete a subgroup of CB specializing on intelligence and special-ops.

Thing is the GNY series Gundams does not have their own GN drives.

The GN-000 Gundam O GN drive powers all the Gundams of Fershete much like the four Gundams powers their ship.

In Gundam 00P 15 years prior to 00, Krung Thep a colony base of CB is where the GNY Gundams were developed.

Spoiler for Gundam 00F:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:46   Link #285
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
After watching the subbed version, I noticed that they rely to much on Vader.
Crap! The Sith are helping them now?

It's Veda.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:05   Link #286
tarachi
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Crap! The Sith are helping them now?

It's Veda.
Oh my mistake >_<, I should stop reading different threads at the same time...
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:12   Link #287
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I LOL'ed HARD at this episode.

I like the way the series is going, but I don't like how it's doing it. The first half of this episode seemed like a complete regression of the series back into the one-sided bullshit fights we'd been seeing for the greater part of 10 episodes. The little "dance" Drei did when Neena activated the stealth field was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a Gundam series, and the way the stealth field looked was probably even dumber.

Oh well, at least the second half was pretty good. I can't say I feel that it pulled everything together, because I feel like it's a stupid way to do things. If you can't figure these things out as you go, then it's not a good story. You shouldn't need the show to dedicate 10 minutes to explain 15 prior episodes. That's not good storytelling--that's lazy. At least it did peel away some of the intrigue though, and sets up a pretty epic encounter for next week.

6/10 for me.

On another note, I hate how this show is (apparently) killing off the INTERESTING characters.
It didn't explain it, it built on it, and who are you referring to when you say they are killing off the "interesting" characters? I don't recall anyone major dying as of yet.

And personally I thought the stealth field and the way Neena activated was pretty nifty if a bit overdone. No idea what you are referring to as a dance though. All I remember were some camera angle changes and the Drei spinning around once or twice to spread the particles in a circle around it as well as getting into a high-up position so as to cover the maximum area. This is more like a mecha dancing

I don't see how what Drei did was dumb nor would I use the word dumb to describe how the stealth field looked. Shiny would be how I'd describe it or like the aurora borealis.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:24   Link #288
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Ookaaaay....

It seems the Obs are some upper echelon of CB.

What the hell did Neena say when she said "I don't like men who aren't boiled down?"

Was it some sort of idiom to mean that she doesn't like undisciplined guys? Or that the only kind of guy she likes is a dead one? (Hope for Neena x Sumeragi!)

And was Ash Like Snow SPECIFICALLY written to serve as the G00 opening?
Hardboiled. . . like a Hong Kong cop.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:25   Link #289
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

fifth GN drive. . . hmmm. . . maybe Saji needs a robot.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:29   Link #290
monster

I really like love this episode. Partly because it turned out way better than I expected, especially the recaps. I enjoy how they use it as way to explain to try to justify/explain what happened within the story rather than turn it into a narration. And the other part is watching Soma dodging those Fangs. It really made my weekend, better than my short trip to Nevada, that's for sure.

I just wish Patrick would be able to do something more significant before this season ends. And I'm not sure right now how I feel about Neena's voice. While I've been enjoying it for quite sometime now (especially in the current Shakugan no Shana and Hayate the Combat Butler series), it just doesn't feel the same with Gundam 00. Of course, I kind of knew this would happen, so hopefully it'll grow on me soon. And contrary to what some other people seem to want, I hope she won't say urusai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
Not even near 50.As a matter of factly I don't recall Kira ever taking out that many suits. At the most extreme optimism perhaps at the end of Destiny.But you were referring to this scene.
Hmm, I definitely agree on the "not 50" part. But anyways, I don't think they would bother showing everything and in real time. And besides, the Commander most likely meant total units downed, instead of just focusing on S-F. Within that interval, Gaia (and perhaps even the Eternal) was also getting some shots.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:35   Link #291
Narutaro

I've got some super robot vibes when Nena said stealth field and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's reminded with Evangelion when they watch this episode, wha's with how stealth field look and how they have some kind of SEELE in later half of the episodes.

just want to say though, stealth field, while looking cool and very ominous, is actually pretty tame that it's only used as a support weapon. all it does is jamming, when I first saw the screenshot I thought it's some kind of super weapon like cyclops in seed or something.
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:40   Link #292
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Throne, fuuuuusion.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:45   Link #293
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
I've got some super robot vibes when Nena said stealth field and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's reminded with Evangelion when they watch this episode, wha's with how stealth field look and how they have some kind of SEELE in later half of the episodes.

just want to say though, stealth field, while looking cool and very ominous, is actually pretty tame that it's only used as a support weapon. all it does is jamming, when I first saw the screenshot I thought it's some kind of super weapon like cyclops in seed or something.
I'd go further and say I don't think the Throne Gundam's are "Hax", just technologically superior to the 3 powers MS. All we got was a Hyper Mega Launcher on the Eins shoulder, some fast moving "Fangs" with superior range on the Zwei, and a really flashy but not at all deadly Comm blackout from the Drei. There have been more overwhelming units in U.C compared to the Thrones.

Agreed on Neena thinking she's a Super Robot pilot.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:46   Link #294
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I don't know why people are complaining about the way they did recap in this episode, its great compared to most others. In fact its the best recap episode I've seen, either the entire episode itself or when the actual recap started.

I expected Neena's voice to be similar to what I heard and I love it.

I didn't think Stealth Shield is overkill in animation or effect, I've seen Moonlight Butterfly. Though the colours are flashy, the way its executed and its effects are correct. Actually I wanted more boom for the spreading of particles but they showed the movement of particles similar to diffusion.

I expected more kills from the Thrones though, the powers have already lowered their guard and offences a little after capturing the Gundams. The soliders have also fought as long as the Meisters did and should be as exhausted, fighting more than 12 hours straight. The unexpected attacks from the Thrones could have taken out alot more if they went on a killing spree.

EDIT: Again on Stealth Shield,

Drop a little dye in water and observe the effects. Bring up the scale mentally then observe in your mind again that this drop of dye keeps on releasing more.

I gave this recap a 10.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:52   Link #295
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The probably have a weaknesses. The red stuff could be from an impurity in the GN particles or the fuel to generate these particles. Maybe there are side effects, too.

Maybe the production of GN drives is so complicated that only a handful can be built at a given time within the limitations of a space colony. Maybe their drives are high power, high impurity, short lifespan, quick production variants.

Anyhow, the HRL, Union, and EU need some of their own"diverse variable photon" engines ASAP!

The Thrones seem to be "superior." Their cockpits seem more advanced and the pilots wear more futuristic flight suits. Notice how the cockpit projects a 360 degree view of the battlefield on the interior surface of the cockpit.
Old 2008-01-28, 05:06   Link #296
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm wait, nobody talked about Johann's voice? He's Kamina, Konishi Katsuyuki, if anyone didn't know.

I enjoy the change from hot-blooded to cool, but he's still better hotblooded, screaming Chou Bunshi Sapou, Daikaiten Madan and Giga Drill Breaker.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 05:07   Link #297
JediNight
キズランダム

If production of something like that was hard in Earth orbit, I wonder even more how they would get together the logistics to build the Thrones way out at Jupiter.

Guess we're not supposed to think about it lest we kill catgirls.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 05:51   Link #298
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Hmmm wait, nobody talked about Johann's voice? He's Kamina, Konishi Katsuyuki, if anyone didn't know.

I enjoy the change from hot-blooded to cool, but he's still better hotblooded, screaming Chou Bunshi Sapou, Daikaiten Madan and Giga Drill Breaker.
Doesn't he voice calm character with deep vioce more often? I remeber him as Hagi and Onime no Kyo (not exactly calm, but has the deep voice)
Old 2008-01-28, 06:29   Link #299
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Woops, I meant Allelujah, as you already guessed :P

Tieria doesn't seem to mind either; as far as I can see, him and Hal have no real attachments, save Tieria and Veda, perhaps.

I don't think he will be able to call Hallelujah at will, rather Hal is the dominant one, and will continue taking over on his own terms.

The "skill" thing was a tongue-in-cheek comment though
I'm more inclined to think that neither is the dominant one. Back in ep 5 Allelujah seemed to forceably take back control so he could go save those people. I feel it's more on the circumstance and which feels more strongly about it. Allelujah is in control since Hallelujah has no inerest in normal life. And Allelujah seems to be able to hold him back when he wants to for the most part.
Old 2008-01-28, 08:30   Link #300
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Allelujah is the dominant personallity. Hallelujah is his crutch. Hal will let go when Al composes himself. He's a defense mechanism and seems to always pursure Al's best interest and selfe preservation. Hal's sole purpose to to protect, serve, support and provide company to the very lonely and screwed up Al. Al lets Hal take over and acts like he didn't.