AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-12, 12:02   Link #201
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, episode 2.
Spoiler for 2chan thread for KgAdSgOd ep02:
Rules:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote this post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. 2chan pics are short-lived and are replaced by pagefuls of adult advertisements once their hosting thread is automatically deleted.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks, whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: link removed.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-01-13 at 02:59. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 15:08   Link #202
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 2 (based on screenshots above):
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:13   Link #203
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler:
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:41   Link #204
Mentar
Banned

Well, they didn't lose any time. Nearly all characters including side-characters are already introduced.

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:51   Link #205
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 17:46   Link #206
golthin

Spoiler for episode 2:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:23   Link #207
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

edit: Screen caps and copy pasta thoughts

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-01-12 at 19:44.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 20:02   Link #208
vas_a_morir

Holy crap... Strong yuri overtones, no?
vas_a_morir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 21:32   Link #209
Avisch
Reality Blender

This was a damn fun episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 2
Spoiler:

edit: Screen caps and copy pasta thoughts
I know exactly what you mean. Rie was incredibly good with that role (I also didn't recognize her aswell). I also enjoyed hearing Nobuyuki Hiyama (Ageha's butler) his crazy voice fits into this series well.
Spoiler for other comments:

My favorite part of the episode would be.
Spoiler for scene:

Quote:
Holy crap... Strong yuri overtones, no?
Siscon, Braco, Masochist, Maids. It all fits in well.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 23:20   Link #210
kujoe
from head to heel

Like I said before, for better or for worse this show has a lot of the typical otaku ingredients.

Sibling complexes (older sis, younger brother and sister), ojousama, yuri or bisexuality, maids/butlers, tsundere, loli, M/S personalities, whatever, etc... It's practically all there. Heck, you can probably include "it's a trap" in there too.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the staff actually made a checklist for this.

Spoiler for episode 2:

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-01-12 at 23:31.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 01:34   Link #211
vas_a_morir

Now I admit I haven't been watching anime for long, but what's with the incest thing? It's pretty common, and they play it off like it's not extremely weird. I'll never understand it. They call it "brother complex" but my understanding a brother complex meant you hated your brother because you were jealous. However, they use it in anime and manga to mean you are extremely protective of him. Magikano was the first harem-type comedy I ever watched, and I spent the whole time trying to figure out the relationship with his sisters. Of course, I soon found out that it is a staple of almost every romantic comedy, sometimes replaced with a cousin.

So, can someone explain to me what exactly a "brother complex" is? I'm sure it's more complicated than "lolz, loves her brother."
Old 2008-01-13, 03:06   Link #212
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas_a_morir View Post
Now I admit I haven't been watching anime for long, but what's with the incest thing? It's pretty common, and they play it off like it's not extremely weird. I'll never understand it. They call it "brother complex" but my understanding a brother complex meant you hated your brother because you were jealous. However, they use it in anime and manga to mean you are extremely protective of him. Magikano was the first harem-type comedy I ever watched, and I spent the whole time trying to figure out the relationship with his sisters. Of course, I soon found out that it is a staple of almost every romantic comedy, sometimes replaced with a cousin.

So, can someone explain to me what exactly a "brother complex" is? I'm sure it's more complicated than "lolz, loves her brother."
In Japan Having a Complex has always been considered having feelings for a person that you shouldn't have those feelings for. The different complexes are offpring of the Original complexes in pyschology. Oedipal Complex (mother complex) and Electra complex(father complex). The other complexes are just subbranches of those two. SisCon, and Brocon. So basicaly brother complex is unatural affection for a brother that can lead to incest but doesn't necessarily has to.

The brother complex you are talking about is also called Cain complex and it is what you probably can find on dictionaries.

Here is where you can read a little more about brother complex and a series that was released in the USA which is the first widely released series about incest. It was released by the now defunt Geneon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi_Kaze

About the incest thing. why are people fascinated with it? well it is forbidden fruit. It is always said that some of the best things in live are either fattening or illegal, you could add to it forbidden.
Old 2008-01-13, 04:42   Link #213
vas_a_morir

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
In Japan Having a Complex has always been considered having feelings for a person that you shouldn't have those feelings for. The different complexes are offpring of the Original complexes in pyschology. Oedipal Complex (mother complex) and Electra complex(father complex). The other complexes are just subbranches of those two. SisCon, and Brocon. So basicaly brother complex is unatural affection for a brother that can lead to incest but doesn't necessarily has to.

The brother complex you are talking about is also called Cain complex and it is what you probably can find on dictionaries.

Here is where you can read a little more about brother complex and a series that was released in the USA which is the first widely released series about incest. It was released by the now defunt Geneon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi_Kaze

About the incest thing. why are people fascinated with it? well it is forbidden fruit. It is always said that some of the best things in live are either fattening or illegal, you could add to it forbidden.
Ah, got it. Thx.
Old 2008-01-13, 05:59   Link #214
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I don't see incest as a big deal in anime anymore. To me it is just like any old relationship now asides from the usual childhood friend, love at first sight, fated attraction, bla bla ~ What I don't get is how people can look at a relationship and go "eww incest" *puts a big red cross across it*. The thing about hato and ren is that their relationship isn't actually incest but rather pure sibling love ~ sweet :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 06:34   Link #215
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The thing about hato and ren is that their relationship isn't actually incest but rather pure sibling love ~ sweet :3
As far as we know! just kidding! But really, only in anime you see those things. Heck, for all we know they have orgies in the Shinra household everynight.

Some people have problems with some things. I HATE raping, or woman forced into becoming sex slaves. I have gotten to a point where I have a hard time watching or reading any hentai with those themes and when I read one I just keep going to see if the women get their vengeance on the guy.
Old 2008-01-13, 08:23   Link #216
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Heck, for all we know they have orgies in the Shinra household everynight.
Well the game IS an eroge...
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 09:03   Link #217
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
As far as we know! just kidding! But really, only in anime you see those things. Heck, for all we know they have orgies in the Shinra household everynight.

Some people have problems with some things. I HATE raping, or woman forced into becoming sex slaves. I have gotten to a point where I have a hard time watching or reading any hentai with those themes and when I read one I just keep going to see if the women get their vengeance on the guy.
And the thing here is that there protection over each other is enhanced by the situation they went through with there father.
Old 2008-01-13, 10:48   Link #218
Jackster

OMG, what a T-Shirt.

Here are two more other Pics (Book Covers).

Spoiler for NSFW:
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:46   Link #219
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note: In case you're wondering, I deleted the off-topic posts about downloading the ero-game (and setting it up with AGTH/Atlas, etc.). There are other places for those conversations, and some of them aren't on this forum... Please stay on-topic...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 16:21   Link #220
golthin

I hope this is not offtopic but they have animated a lot of things from the CGs from the game in the anime and they are doing a good job with the character designs.

Spoiler for some little facts from the game -- CONTAINS FUTURE GAME EVENT SPOILERS:

Edit:
I missed something when I look at the CG
Spoiler for edit:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-01-13 at 18:50. Reason: made the spoiler tag reason clearer

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen