AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 14:22   Link #521
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I've already said that you might check Date A Live : the 2009 ongoing 4-volume supernatural action romance light novel is focused on Sido Itsuka, a schoolboy who meet a girl who destroy everything. The only way to stop her is to date her. There's lot of action in it, and despite having post-apocalyptic moments at the beginning, there's no mecha (but the armored girls are still here) and the romance is often present. Also, the narration follows in the visual novel manner. Read the first chapter to see if you might continue reading or not.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:13   Link #522
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
Thanks obelisk for that detailed explanation. Glad you are liking the manga classified it’s one few out there that once you start reading it you just can’t stop and before you know it’s all over. Koe de oshigoto is only 2 episodes long but the manga is still ongoing. once you watch the anime you would think it’s hentai but it’s not and some scenes do remind you something that the creator of kiss x sis would think of. Here are 2 other mangas I want you to try you probably heard this one before it’s called GTO or great teacher onizuka it’s a classic. You also have to try the manga for the new anime Nazo no kanojo x. both will not disappoint I will suggest more later.

P.S what requirements do you have for your 2.5 list?
I just finished reading Onani Master Kurosawa, and i can only thank you for having suggested me this title:
Spoiler for opinions:

I'll now probably chill out with chobits. If you find anything like that manga, be it a novel or a manga or an anime(i doubt the latter because i kinda burnt most of the potential titles), don't hold back and suggest it: i remind you that i like that kind of 1st person narration, where you follow ONLY the protagonist's pov; this is the only way i can 100% immedesimate myself in him, because any other approach tends to fail. I also would like to remind you the personality of the protagonist: Kakeru really reminded me of Light, always planning, being accurate, cautious, reasoning and looking down on others (i often do that aswell, but mostly because i'm surrounded by idiots): that is probably one of the closest.

Thank you again for your suggestion, it was very appreciated
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:33   Link #523
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

No problem dude I'm always looking out for titles like these but they are very hard to come by.You should still look at those titles I suggested and if you dig deep enough I'm sure you are going to find what you are looking for. if I find anything like onani master I will let you know
Old 2012-04-14, 02:48   Link #524
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
No problem dude I'm always looking out for titles like these but they are very hard to come by.You should still look at those titles I suggested and if you dig deep enough I'm sure you are going to find what you are looking for. if I find anything like onani master I will let you know
Good job, tolido !
Now I wait Classified to come reading Date A Live.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-14, 05:59   Link #525
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Yesterday i watched Koe de oshigoto, and ye, it was kinda fun but a bit monotone; it was good enough to chill out for some little time.

Afterwards started chobits and i just finished episode 4: the graphic and artwork looks a bit old, and the fact that Chi got those robot ears doesn't appeal me. The fact that she's a robot in the first place doesn't appeal me, and this leads me to think "There cannot be any kind of love relation or romance, and if there is, it's going to turn in some sort of tragedy for obvious reasons" unless the romance develops with Yumi. Now i would like to know: is there any romance at all in this title, or is it just a comedy with Hideki teaching Chi stuff? I don't want to know if the romance (if present) goes between Hideki & Chi or Hideki & Yumi, i just want to know if there is any and if it can be considered satisfying, because this series is made of 24 episodes ._. DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING

PS
The priority order is usually: Anime > Manga > Novel. For me to give priority to a manga, it was exclusively because the plot sounded interesting and funny, and it turned to be a story with one of the best character development. Beside some rare cases, i'll keep watching animes for the time being and go for the novels when there really is nothing left, or probably when i feel like it.

EDIT
All of a sudden i feel like watching TWGOK
Old 2012-04-14, 06:16   Link #526
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Yesterday i watched Koe de oshigoto, and ye, it was kinda fun but a bit monotone; it was good enough to chill out for some little time.

Afterwards started chobits and i just finished episode 4: the graphic and artwork looks a bit old, and the fact that Chi got those robot ears doesn't appeal me. The fact that she's a robot in the first place doesn't appeal me, and this leads me to think "There cannot be any kind of love relation or romance, and if there is, it's going to turn in some sort of tragedy for obvious reasons" unless the romance develops with Yumi. Now i would like to know: is there any romance at all in this title, or is it just a comedy with Hideki teaching Chi stuff? I don't want to know if the romance (if present) goes between Hideki & Chi or Hideki & Yumi, i just want to know if there is any and if it can be considered satisfying, because this series is made of 24 episodes ._. DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING
You can rest assured. Chobits' main focus is romance, and it is a serious romance, not a joke-romance. Is it a tragedy? Well for me personally, it isn't. Still, you need to see it to feel it .

Quote:
All of a sudden i feel like watching TWGOK
This one is fine too, if you're in the mood for light and funny watch. You can start from the last episode you watched some time ago, right?
Old 2012-04-14, 07:33   Link #527
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I found 2 manga titles that look promising
underdog
http://myanimelist.net/manga/23979/Underdog
aku no hana
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24705/Aku_no_Hana

I read 4 chapters for each and they were pretty good
Old 2012-04-14, 07:46   Link #528
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

You really seem to have caught my interests: i'll get to Aku no Hana right now because i want to save underdog for later, since i expect very much from it . Thank you for your suggestions as always, but i can't spam "add rep" D:

Btw, in the meantime i'll get TGWOK.
Old 2012-04-14, 08:01   Link #529
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

you might also want to try this title I'm reading right now

Yuutai Nova
http://myanimelist.net/manga/11036/Yuutai_Nova

EDIT:I forgot to mention there is another title I'm going to check out
http://myanimelist.net/manga/219/Ali...kateki_Shounen

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-04-14 at 08:28.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:34   Link #530
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You can rest assured. Chobits' main focus is romance, and it is a serious romance, not a joke-romance. Is it a tragedy? Well for me personally, it isn't. Still, you need to see it to feel it .
The manga has rather a different ending. I'll just leave it at that.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:01   Link #531
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished reading Aku no Hana
Spoiler for opinions:

Anyways, it was a bit crazy, but didn't impress me like Onani Master; also, the protagonist was nowhere near to my person and therefore i wasn't able to identify myself with him.

I'll edit this post later with new info, brb
Old 2012-04-14, 11:23   Link #532
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The manga has rather a different ending. I'll just leave it at that.
Yup. I know that, and I do prefer the manga (like in most cases of adaptations) .
Old 2012-04-14, 15:28   Link #533
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

here is a title I'm sure you are going to like.

It's called eternal sabbath
http://myanimelist.net/manga/344/Eternal_Sabbath

I read the first chapter and I gotta say this is going to fit all your needs.I read in other places that the atmosphere in this manga feels like that of death note. I was wondering if you read Yuutai Nova yet because that one is also good along with underdog
Old 2012-04-15, 06:05   Link #534
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sorry, but i couldn't bear anymore the old feeling that chobits gives: the protagonist is good hearted, yes, be he looks a bit dumb sometimes or perhaps i don't really like his VA; Chi got mecha ears... mecha CAT ears: why jap people have this obsession for cats and cat ears? Add to this that she's a robot (and no matter how the story will turn, she'll still remain a robot in my eyes).

I took again TWGOK and finished the first season; now started the 2nd and just finished ep4: i think that i can now appreciate it more. I realized that it got an awesome artwork, and it kept being funny as i remembered; i liked very much the first heroine of 2nd season.

I think i'll finish it within today.

Btw, as far as underdog is concerned, i see it's still ongoing: if i start reading it, will i get the feeling "holy shit, when will the next volume come out?" or will i be ok after i finish reading what has come out so far? If it's the first, i don't want to approach it, because i would crave for it like mad, the exact thing that happened with Haruhi Suzumiya novels (and to not forget it, i'm still watching some episodes from time to time to keep memory of the plot and do not forget one single thing; one single fucking thing shall not be forgotten)

I'll eventually try out one other of the titles you suggested, in case underdog goes under the 1st category.

EDIT
Finished the 2nd season of TGWOK and i probably liked it more than the previous one; i don't know why, but i felt like each arc was a little more developed, beside that i liked more the heroines. Anyways, it was a very enjoyable watch, and the artwork was very good all the way, beside being holy funny (The episode 8 was fucking hilarious; i mean, when they had to make the report and it ended up that Keima was making out with Haqua inside that computer thingie, haha i exploded in laughs). It has become one of those anime that you would like to be endless; i heard there isn't going to be a 3rd season tho :/

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-15 at 10:37.
Old 2012-04-15, 12:58   Link #535
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Amagami SS+ is finished, so you could watch it.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-15, 18:35   Link #536
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

you will definitely get the first feeling.I read all 8 chapters of underdog and it quickly reminded me of Mirai Nikki but this manga has the potential to surpass it since mind games are going to play a big role just like in death note so you will not see any gods,future diaries aiding anyone. you should still try it out since this manga still has long ways to go before it's finished.
Old 2012-04-15, 18:45   Link #537
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Btw, for tonight i watched and finished The sacred blacksmith, but i... i don't get why you(plural) kept saying that it ended like shit... i mean, i thought one of the main cast was going to die and that would have made me mad, but nothing like that happened; it just ended leaving space for a 2nd season, nothing more than that. Oh, and the romance was kinda absent, but i didn't look at it as a romance in the first place: to be honest, i didn't expect anything good out of this, and the only result was that i was surprised it wasn't bad; but always awaiting for the "shit" to happen was kinda bothering (I mean, nearing the end i was expecting someone to die every fucking minute, :/ )

Oh well, tomorrow university, so i'll get back friday as always. Oh, and on a second thought, i'll pick up chobits again; i didn't hate it that much afterall, i'll give it a second try, and then of course go for Underdog. Lately i feel more comfortable with mangas rather than animes: they are somewhat more relaxing and it's me who decides the "speed" hehe. I'll also make sure to get Amagami + by next week.

See you, and thanks again for all the suggestions
Old 2012-04-15, 18:55   Link #538
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll mention Nodame Cantabile one more time since I don't see any evidence that you've ever tried to watch it.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:50   Link #539
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
EDIT
Finished the 2nd season of TGWOK and i probably liked it more than the previous one; i don't know why, but i felt like each arc was a little more developed, beside that i liked more the heroines. Anyways, it was a very enjoyable watch, and the artwork was very good all the way, beside being holy funny (The episode 8 was fucking hilarious; i mean, when they had to make the report and it ended up that Keima was making out with Haqua inside that computer thingie, haha i exploded in laughs). It has become one of those anime that you would like to be endless; i heard there isn't going to be a 3rd season tho :/
Might as well continue reading the manga. That Keima & Haqua “making out” event is in Chapter 47, so you might wanna start from Chapter 48 and so on.

Oh, as you mentioned that you’re more into manga now, there are two romance mangas I can recommend:

Unbalance 2x (finished):
It’s a lot like Onegai Teacher with cooler main-guy and gorgeous female teacher. You might like this. There's a little bit of mindfuck in the middle of the story, but don't worry, it's far from "School Days" disturbing.

Umi no Misaki (on-going):
If you find it depressing that the couples in romance anime/manga never went “all the way” and only satisfied with just holding hands and one kiss, you’ll get what you want here. The couples take their relationship seriously since this is not just a random harem and they actually “did it” in the latest chapters. This is not hentai, btw. There’s a genuine story in it. I just hope you’re fine with the artwork.

Might as well read Karin manga while you're at it ^_^.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:01   Link #540
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I already know that you might watch it when you are in the mood of it, but Seikon no Qwaser II (12 episodes) will please you :
Spoiler for Short summary for season 2:
MyAnimeList