AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 6 5.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 11.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 17.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 23.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 11.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 6.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.41%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 23:24   Link #21
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Would have been better if the person in charge knew how to write.

Animation- 10/10 Stunning although there were some character derps spotted.
Music- 10/10 Very nice to listen to
Characters- 8/10 they were good. Inori was meh for the most part.
Story/plot/writing 6/10 It was alright had the makings to be a great series, but never held up

Overall 8/10 from me. I would buy it honestly.

Old 2012-08-29, 04:07   Link #22
kevs926

not satisfied with what happened to inori, thats all i want to say. 90% of the reason i watched the show was to see her.
Old 2013-06-08, 11:15   Link #23
Pengu

Well, like most have already said, they lost the plot in the 2nd half.
Overall I gets 6/10 but that is mostly because of the 1st half.
The show had potential as an somewhat altered plot could have made it work.
Most characters could have been even better if used better as I liked the voice actors and the anime style.
But alas, ever since Hare died the show went downhill.
Old 2013-07-06, 01:48   Link #24
GundamZZ
残念美人

I finally figure out something.

The anime production staffs prepared a lot of great idea. Maybe they were in hurray, they were not successful on presenting certain story. Certain story lacks the smooth transition. It still leaves many unanswered situation. Also, the metalized victims reminds me about one 2009 manga.

The most memorable(and the favorite) characters are Mana and Arisa.
They are both tragic, and they are both heart broken. They are made into fools by the writers. The girls' lives are not spared, but writers spared that manic pilot who kills the hostages and his wife.

Maybe a lot of people already mentioned about Mana. Mana reminds me about Eureka 7's Anemone, even they have the different character designers. She receives one of the most horrible treatment in the series. She is a yandere. She was infected, and she was rejected by Shu. The story doesn't explain why she has this attachment to Shu. Realistically, the child at her age would not have such mature feeling. Also, the child at her age would not access to the specially designed gun/trap. The story hints that the scientists created a clone of Mana. They intended to use the clone's singing voice as anti-Mana weapon. T_T

Arisa is another tragic character. Initially, she is attracted by Shu. Then, she is seduced by Gai. Later, she feels she's betrayed by Shu. Much later, she finds out Gai is just using her. Her sleeping with one male student really degrade her character. Then, the story makes her killing her relative. The story also makes her one of the disposable pawns. T_T

Such waste on two great characters.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-07-06 at 02:36.
Old 2013-10-09, 13:55   Link #25
Shu Ouma

We need a season 2!
Old 2013-10-12, 14:04   Link #26
Kyuusaisha

So, I rewatched this after forgetting some of it.

While I agree that it felt "trainwrecky" at times I still feel it was pretty well done. Shu might not have been the best protag but he's not terrible either.

I think the ending disappointed me because I'm very much a person that likes for suffering to not be followed by even more suffering. Being a Mana fan didn't help either, I really liked Mana and was kind of hoping she'd get a happier ending with her Shu. Still can't understand how he could reject her so much.

EDIT: The music in the series was great. Ever since OST came out I've been listening to remixes of Bios.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:58   Link #27
Shu Ouma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
So, I rewatched this after forgetting some of it.

While I agree that it felt "trainwrecky" at times I still feel it was pretty well done. Shu might not have been the best protag but he's not terrible either.

I think the ending disappointed me because I'm very much a person that likes for suffering to not be followed by even more suffering. Being a Mana fan didn't help either, I really liked Mana and was kind of hoping she'd get a happier ending with her Shu. Still can't understand how he could reject her so much.

EDIT: The music in the series was great. Ever since OST came out I've been listening to remixes of Bios.
InoriXShu fan here