Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 18:46   Link #3561
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmade View Post
I was planning to give you guys chapter 7 as a xmas gift but due to me coming down with a flu, you guys will have to settle with a 75% update.

And as I'm flying over to Japan tomorrow, the next update will most likely be next year...

Merry Christmas guys, and Happy new year!!!
Have a nice time, in case you're still there; please report. ;-)
Old 2014-01-02, 07:17   Link #3562
Yami no Ou
まおう

the update was very much appreciated tarmade thank you
Old 2014-01-05, 08:23   Link #3563
Naya747

Hello guys! I'm new here and i'm very sorry if i ask stupid things but i was wondering if there is some place in the internet where i can read Oda Nobuna in english, but not just plain text like it is on Baka-Tsuki, but with pictures (like it is on Batoto - but there are only first 5 chapters).
Thanks for help and have a Happy New Year
Naya747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 16:10   Link #3564
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naya747 View Post
Hello guys! I'm new here and i'm very sorry if i ask stupid things but i was wondering if there is some place in the internet where i can read Oda Nobuna in english, but not just plain text like it is on Baka-Tsuki, but with pictures (like it is on Batoto - but there are only first 5 chapters).
Thanks for help and have a Happy New Year
Well the translation of the manga stopped, so you've got to read it in Japanese. And for that, we can't help you as it's illegal to share raws.
Old 2014-01-06, 16:26   Link #3565
Naya747

Ok i understand, it's nice to have clear answer about that.
Thank you very much for reposting.
Naya747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 02:02   Link #3566
tarmade

Volume 8 is now done... Well, that's the good news.

The bad news is, I won't be able to translate anymore. Or at least, the chapters won't be completed once per week anymore.

I'm now studying while working at the same time... I will still try to translate when I have the time to, but the speed will most likely be what you guys have seen in the last few chapters... Such miserable slow speed...
tarmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 02:04   Link #3567
oplover
Usually a lurker

Quote:

The bad news is, I won't be able to translate anymore. Or at least, the chapters won't be completed once per week anymore.

I'm now studying while working at the same time... I will still try to translate when I have the time to, but the speed will most likely be what you guys have seen in the last few chapters... Such miserable slow speed...
I just want to say thank for your dedication until now.
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 03:12   Link #3568
whitecloud

Too bad...but thx a lot for your dedication all this time...hope you succeed at both, while hoping able to spare time for us (work for us..work...take out whip...mwahahaha)
Old 2014-01-17, 05:14   Link #3569
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:

Thanks, anyway.

Makes me wonder, why there isn't any other translators for this series?
Old 2014-01-18, 01:58   Link #3570
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
thats real bad news but RL always wins, im just glad ur not dropping it completely ^^
Old 2014-01-18, 09:51   Link #3571
Yami no Ou
まおう

I just want to express my gratitude for you tarmade and good luck with your work too
Old 2014-01-18, 11:41   Link #3572
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

I'm a newbie here, so first thing first, many thanks for your hard work tarmade.

I'm currently at vol5. Though I am initially a big fan of the anime and then the LN, I must say that later on some parts just got ridiculous. Well, maybe that's just me so I'd really appreciate if there's someone kind enough to put some senses into me over these 2 matters.

1. In the Retreat at Kanegasaki, the back troops that Saru leads were supposed to defend against the Asakura to give time for the Oda main force to escape. But IMHO, they didn't battle that much, they ran more then they fought. In addition to that, their number is inferior. Just what the Asakura thought trying to pursue them instead of heading straight for the main force?

2. During this same battle, our monkey showed great pain toward the the fall of his comrades. Andddd, that same monkey just literally went and saved Shingen, which is no different than killing his comrades. Maybe he's too dumb to realize that at the time. Still, another thing troubles me: seeing thousands of his allies crushed by Takeda army, he showed no similar pain or regret (or at least I didn't read a single sentence implying that). Not until the little Motoyasu was in danger, had he regretted saving the enemy... This I simply cannot understand.

So is there some big pictures or subtle hints I didn't get while reading the books, or all these are just for the sake of plot convenience?!?

Also, sr for my bad English.
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 19:38   Link #3573
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
2. During this same battle, our monkey showed great pain toward the the fall of his comrades. Andddd, that same monkey just literally went and saved Shingen, which is no different than killing his comrades. Maybe he's too dumb to realize that at the time. Still, another thing troubles me: seeing thousands of his allies crushed by Takeda army, he showed no similar pain or regret (or at least I didn't read a single sentence implying that). Not until the little Motoyasu was in danger, had he regretted saving the enemy... This I simply cannot understand.
Well, the main part of an army, as far as I remember the novels, is male soldiers. Our Saru just doesn't give a shit about them. He's after the girls.

And don't overthink this series. It's plain entertainment.
Old 2014-01-21, 00:18   Link #3574
rantaid

girls has greater priority over man. if not for this, monkey would do "anything" and "take care" of juubei from nobuna because she is "akechi mitsuhide".

never read the Taiko? it is explained that hashiba division is only meant for diversion. the setting is night ambush , hence difficulty to locate them clearly. in Taiko, hashiba's division saved because they used the river which flows directly to lake biwa after all nobunaga's troop fled.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 01:46   Link #3575
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

^: my bad, I've never read Taiko, and I don't even know that much about sengoku period. But it seems to me that Hashiba did a better job than Saru.

^x2: if this series is and gonna stay typical and harem-ish, then it all makes sense now.
Just that I set my expectation too high and thought it would focus more on the battle, politics aspect.
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 06:47   Link #3576
tuckersister

Did the next volume come out yet?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 18:59   Link #3577
iceaco

I want to say thank you for all your work! I just did a marathon reading v1-8 the last few days. Too bad that it's time to go back to RL, I just want to say I enjoyed the translation.
Meanwhile I'll go scour the forum for v9-v10 spoilers =) v8 ended in a pretty depressing note :s
EDIT: Aw not found >.< Maybe I should work on my Japanese~ Also seems like the author wants to end each volume with a depressing note from vol7 onwards?

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte

Last edited by iceaco; 2014-01-28 at 19:33.
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:43   Link #3578
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just curious, why are the Afterwords not translated?
Old 2014-01-30, 08:19   Link #3579
Avaricia
My Lord

Is this series still ongoing or not?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 05:56   Link #3580
rantaid

hey tarmade.... that cosplay photo you posted ..... is that a 'she'? or a 'he'? because it is so scary.... it is a frigthening prospect to see someone could cosplay Takenaka Shigeharu so perfectly but is a dude.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem