AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 13:30   Link #81
Owlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I don't see how, it was always said to be spawned from uchiha and senju dna/powers combined -- I don't see why simply working with the chakra of the bijuu should grant one a rinnegan.
It doesn't have to make sense, they just want to see him get more powers, more fanservice, etc. Its funny though, when they suddenly become sticklers when it comes to certain minor plotholes, or other certain other characters recieving powerups (even if those things do make sense).
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:44   Link #82
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
It doesn't have to make sense, they just want to see him get more powers, more fanservice, etc. Its funny though, when they suddenly become sticklers when it comes to certain minor plotholes, or other certain other characters recieving powerups (even if those things do make sense).
It does make sense and i can explain it!! They are ninja's, all of the information and plotholes previously believed to be true where just deception to the real reason all of this stuff works .... which is magic >.<

ok i'm gonna run and hide before those guys who use things like "logic" come to take my head.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:35   Link #83
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Why does everyone think Kishi hates women? Lol, has he ever said as much in a interview I don't know about?
The funny thing is that he created a large amount of female characters that a lot of different people like, probably more than most of other manga. He draws a few panels with Karui and the big boobs girl (whose name i forgot) and people all over the internet begin to talk about them, cosplay as them, post fanmade drawings and stories, etc. And they are just some minor side characters compared to major side characters like Anko. Or the girl Yugito who barely had any screen time, just do a google image search and see what insane amount of images were created. Seriously
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 17:22   Link #84
Cookie-Monster

On a side note, anyone else think Rinnegan is "uninspired" eye bloodline?

Maybe it's because Sharingan/Byakugan were introduced early when the series was fresh, but I found them way more interesting than Rinnegan, which never struck me as being particularly interesting.

To this day I still dont quite understand the rules governing it. It seems to be a mish-mash of different overpowered abilities with no connecting thread. For example, why do you need "chakra receivers" (clearly analogous to antennae communication). A legendary super eye technique from ancient times and its main ability seems to require some high tech laboratory to be used. It all seems rather dull.

I'm not sure where it happened, but somewhere along the line it seems that Kishimoto powered up some of his characters far too quickly into the realm of the absurd. It seems silly now that Orochimaru was so infatuated with Kimimaro, who seems like an insect compared to the monsters running around the Naruto world right now.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 17:33   Link #85
james0246

^The Six Paths of Pain (the six bodies controlled via chakra rods) is not the main power of the Rinnegan. Rather, it is a manipulation of the powers of the eye, placing specific powers in other bodies rather than confining them all to one body. The main power of the Rinnegan is the ability to control reality itself, even life and death. It's a ridiculous power that has never been fully shown or explained. While I wouldn't really call it dull (the Byakugan is the only power that could really be considered dull considering how streamlined it is), it is definitely over-powered to an obscene degree.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 18:01   Link #86
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While I wouldn't really call it dull (the Byakugan is the only power that could really be considered dull considering how streamlined it is), it is definitely over-powered to an obscene degree.
It's only dull now because everything else is so freaking overpowered beyond belief. Way back it was interesting and seemed quite powerful; being able to see the flow of chakra, even if it isn't directly in front of you, and completely shut down the opponent's ability to use it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:20   Link #87
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The Six Paths of Pain (the six bodies controlled via chakra rods) is not the main power of the Rinnegan. Rather, it is a manipulation of the powers of the eye, placing specific powers in other bodies rather than confining them all to one body. The main power of the Rinnegan is the ability to control reality itself, even life and death. It's a ridiculous power that has never been fully shown or explained. While I wouldn't really call it dull (the Byakugan is the only power that could really be considered dull considering how streamlined it is), it is definitely over-powered to an obscene degree.
So why does he need chakra rods? Would be more realistic if he just stood there and controlled them like clones. The whole remote controlling antennae sucks.

And where the hell is gamabunta Hes missing the sweet action. I wanna see gamabunta tag-team action with kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's only dull now because everything else is so freaking overpowered beyond belief. Way back it was interesting and seemed quite powerful; being able to see the flow of chakra, even if it isn't directly in front of you, and completely shut down the opponent's ability to use it.
I know! remember when Kakashi marvelled at Neji saying something along the lines of "if there is a genius like this, even sasuke stands not chance against him". I enjoyed those low levels of believable power. Right now Sasuke or Naruto could fart and kill the whole Hyuuga clan.
Old 2013-05-10, 20:41   Link #88
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
And where the hell is gamabunta Hes missing the sweet action. I wanna see gamabunta tag-team action with kyuubi
powers have escalated so much that even a gigantic toad fighter has been rendered obsolete...

Quote:
Right now Sasuke or Naruto could fart and kill the whole Hyuuga clan.
pretty much. i also preferred things back when there was more competition among clans, but the manga has been around for a long time and is wrapping up focused on the main characters
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:44   Link #89
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
powers have escalated so much that even a gigantic toad fighter has been rendered obsolete...

pretty much. i also preferred things back when there was more competition among clans, but the manga has been around for a long time and is wrapping up focused on the main characters
What power level do you think would've probably be the best to stop at? I agreee that the power levels have gotten quite out of hand as well.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:40   Link #90
itachi-san314

Quote:
What power level do you think would've probably be the best to stop at? I agreee that the power levels have gotten quite out of hand as well.
well, we saw naruto fight with rasengan so much and then when he got sage mode, he has barely used it in comparison. i would have preferred him to stay at sage mode until the very end of the story where he could have used some type of kyuubi/bijou mode. i think rinnegan and kyuubi mode among other things are just a little too much. they make the other ninja look ridiculously useless
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:41   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
So why does he need chakra rods? Would be more realistic if he just stood there and controlled them like clones. The whole remote controlling antennae sucks.
He needs the rods to not only control them from vast distances, but to also funnel specific powers and chakra through each doll (which in turn allows him to see through their eyes). Really, it was ultimately no different than Sasori's puppet show, the rods simply allowed greater distance and for actual chakra to be pumped through the bodies
Old 2013-05-11, 01:40   Link #92
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Well if you weren't certain of it before, you should be certain of it now: Obito is off his rocker. It's not a question of him being emo or not anymore, but how coockoo for cocoa puffs he is.

-The Hidden Mist Village aren't exactly the sharpest kunai in the pouch are they? They literally made Rin into a Jinchuuriki for Isobu (3-tails) just on the off-chance she'd lose control and kill people in the Hidden Leaf. Two things wrong with that. 1) Even if she did go on a rampage, Minato was Hokage at the time and Kushina was still alive. Chances are, they'd have stopped it regardless, sealed it and Hidden Mist would be out one of its Bijuu. 2) You seriously gave an enemy ninja MORE power and as Obito mentioned, you ended up hoping that she'd go on a rampage (as opposed to knowing). That's not exactly a great plan. Especially since there was a chance she could learn to control it as well.
Maybe that was Madara's intention, if Minato could only seal biju with the Shiki Fūjin which would result in his death it would make it much easier to obtain the Kyuubi later.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:40   Link #93
Haloid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
I never said anything about physical build, I said females are weaker physically then males. Contrary to pop culture, women can not Laura Croft or Resident Evil Alice a man.

The baddest female fighter in the world would get destroyed by your average man. I never said anything about a persons size, a woman with 50 pounds on a man will still get wrecked by him. That is reality.

Just because Kishi steeps some of his story in reality, doesn't mean he hates women.
Hmmmm Really. I beg to differ. You mean your average man would destroy a female kick boxer. Using your logic a woman who knows self- defense moves shouldn't stand a chance against an attacker. Dude I have never seen so much fail in one statement. You need to check back in the real world.
Haloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 10:45   Link #94
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well, we saw naruto fight with rasengan so much and then when he got sage mode, he has barely used it in comparison. i would have preferred him to stay at sage mode until the very end of the story where he could have used some type of kyuubi/bijou mode. i think rinnegan and kyuubi mode among other things are just a little too much. they make the other ninja look ridiculously useless
Maybe it would be much more difficult to balance powers between so many characters, so they simply distributed powers the easiest way that would still get them the most money. It sure isn't the most interesting way though, I think its pretty lame that Naruto and Sasuke get everything. I understand why they have to be the best, but you can still be the best without having a light-year lead on everyone else making things look so contrived and forced.

Admittedly though, I haven't the slightest idea how the mangaka actually do their job or make decisions on such things. I was told there is a manga about just that, and focuses on the pressures they face such as deadlines, demanding audiences and such but I forgot the name.
Old 2013-05-11, 12:24   Link #95
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's called Bakuman.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 12:33   Link #96
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Maybe it would be much more difficult to balance powers between so many characters, so they simply distributed powers the easiest way that would still get them the most money. It sure isn't the most interesting way though, I think its pretty lame that Naruto and Sasuke get everything. I understand why they have to be the best, but you can still be the best without having a light-year lead on everyone else making things look so contrived and forced.

Admittedly though, I haven't the slightest idea how the mangaka actually do their job or make decisions on such things. I was told there is a manga about just that, and focuses on the pressures they face such as deadlines, demanding audiences and such but I forgot the name.
I don't think its a matter of balancing too many powers.

I think kishimoto just ran out of ideas during some stages of the manga, and it caused him to use some deus ex machina powers.

Unlike a novel where the author can simply take 6 months off if they are having writers block to think of better ideas, once a manga gets popular you dont have that luxury.

The fights were always best when they were brains above brawn. Thats not an easy thing to consistently write.

Perhaps its just a personal preference, but for myself the manga started taking a bad direction as soon as Gaara transformed into the one tail.

I personally think the story would have been much better in the long run if the bijuu were simply passive powers within their vessels which could not be used for fighting. No lending chakra, not transformations. Nothing but the Naruto world ninjas and their jutsus/bloodlines.

Gaara's transformation lead to goofy stuff like Sasuke's lvl 2 cursed mark monster shape, and Naruto's "brainless" kyuubi mode.

My favorite fight in the entire series was probably the time Itachi/Kisame snuck into Konoha on their recon and got intercepted by Kakashi/Kurenai/Asuma. There was a distinct lack of shape-shifting nuclear weapons in that fight =)
Old 2013-05-11, 12:50   Link #97
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's called Bakuman.
The real story is called Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari...

Quote:
Unlike a novel where the author can simply take 6 months off if they are having writers block to think of better ideas, once a manga gets popular you dont have that luxury.
Tell that to Togashi Yoshihiro .

Quote:
Perhaps its just a personal preference, but for myself the manga started taking a bad direction as soon as Gaara transformed into the one tail.
And yet you continued to read the next 500 chapters...

Quote:
I personally think the story would have been much better in the long run if the bijuu were simply passive powers within their vessels which could not be used for fighting. No lending chakra, not transformations. Nothing but the Naruto world ninjas and their jutsus/bloodlines.
To be fair, those powers were first introduced around Chapter 30, so you've really been upset (so to say) with the manga for 600 chapter .

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've written, I'm just playing aorund. Please don't take anything too personally.
Old 2013-05-11, 12:57   Link #98
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I'm not sure why you say "real" and you can add Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga while on the subject but I think it's way more likely that the series he was referring to was Bakuman.

edit : or did you mean that Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari was the real story and Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari was the parody?

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-05-11 at 13:12.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:26   Link #99
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Sounds like alot of pressure. It would make sense why they come up with very contrived plot developments at times, and why some writing seems so uninventive and lazy; not to mention certain chapters where the whole chapter seems like a waste of paper: nothing really happens and entire pages are wasted on bullshit (like the first two pages of this chapter).

Quote:
The fights were always best when they were brains above brawn. Thats not an easy thing to consistently write.
Yeah, I can defenitely understand that. What a task it would be to do this consistently for the entire time Naruto has been out.

Quote:
I agree about the manga's powers concentrating on bloodlines and jutsu, but what do you mean by the bijuu being passive powers? What role would they fulfill, and what would they be used for?

Quote:
My favorite fight in the entire series was probably the time Itachi/Kisame snuck into Konoha on their recon and got intercepted by Kakashi/Kurenai/Asuma. There was a distinct lack of shape-shifting nuclear weapons in that fight =)
One of my all time favorites was neji vs the spider guy.

Quote:
I think it's way more likely that the series he was referring to was Bakuman.
Yeah its Bakuman, thanks.
Old 2013-05-11, 15:05   Link #100
james0246

Quote:
I'm not sure why you say "real" and you can add Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga while on the subject but I think it's way more likely that the series he was referring to was Bakuman.

edit : or did you mean that Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari was the real story and Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari was the parody?
"[Focus on] deadlines, demanding audiences and such" sounds like Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari to me . Now if they would have added something about pointless and stupid romances mixed with silly rivalries, then Bakuman would be the logical answer.

(Of course Artful wanted Bakuman, how many people remember Mangaka Chou Zankoku Monogatari let alone Mangaka Zankoku Monogatari. I was being facetious hence choosing a gag title about ero-mangaka.)