AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 21:52   Link #1501
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

so why haven't they made more of the medicine that Michel gave for study -_-...

Well if she does die she's gonna make a galactic impact worthy of adding to the legendary singers of the Macross Fleets
Old 2008-09-05, 22:10   Link #1502
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
so why haven't they made more of the medicine that Michel gave for study -_-...

Well if she does die she's gonna make a galactic impact worthy of adding to the legendary singers of the Macross Fleets
That medicine was...I don't know. Klan said it was used to suppress the symptons, but there were some nasty side-effects, and those side-effects were what we were privy to whenever she collapsed or seemed exhausted. Since she's not trailing throwing up in every scene she's featured in, presumably she's no longer taking those, but that makes you wonder what the symptons are for the V-Virus since she's been perfectly fine ever since Alto's brother picked her up.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:08   Link #1503
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
That medicine was...I don't know. Klan said it was used to suppress the symptoms, but there were some nasty side-effects, and those side-effects were what we were privy to whenever she collapsed or seemed exhausted. Since she's not trailing throwing up in every scene she's featured in, presumably she's no longer taking those, but that makes you wonder what the symptoms are for the V-Virus since she's been perfectly fine ever since Alto's brother picked her up.
Syncope (fainting) seems to be one. The most probable causes for that could be either low or high blood pressure, thanks to the little Vajra things messing with her.

Besides fainting, I'm not really sure what else could be a symptom. Possibly something internal, such as organ failure, but without being able to see her insides we've no way of knowing.
Old 2008-09-06, 00:58   Link #1504
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i take 2
but i just still hope sheryl ending with alto without dying
Old 2008-09-06, 05:05   Link #1505
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyang86 View Post
I mean Sheryl is definitly experienced
We can't really make that assumption.. but I'd like to think not. Simply because of the way she is.

She may be able to work what she's got but all I've seen is a flirt. Also, up until Alto its highly implied that she's been all about work and little else. With him we've seen her gradually ease up and let herself enjoy life a little.

Plus this is Sheryl we're talking about... do you honestly think she'd give herself up that easily?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-06, 05:20   Link #1506
inyang86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
We can't really make that assumption.. but I'd like to think not. Simply because of the way she is.

She may be able to work what she's got but all I've seen is a flirt. Also, up until Alto its highly implied that she's been all about work and little else. With him we've seen her gradually ease up and let herself enjoy life a little.

Plus this is Sheryl we're talking about... do you honestly think she'd give herself up that easily?

Oh I just don't think of her as a workholic... She definitly has no problem flirting with boys, especially compared to Alto who show the behaviour of an elementry schoolboy. And she ran away from Grace's eyes to get the earring back in ep2! She works hard, but it wouln't mean giving up on the joys of life. I think she's been through a bit of love affairs(nothing serious cause her first 'real' love is definitly Alto) At least that's how I see her and if you don't agree with it then it's your own Sheryl, just like I have my own Sheryl.

But it's not that important, isn't it?
Experienced or non-experienced, Sheryl is still Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:28   Link #1507
magnuskn

Quote:

I think she definitely is ( or was, hehe ) a virgin. Sheryl doesnīt like frippery womanizers after all, but rather wants a serious relationship.

And I donīt think it gets any more serious than what she now has with Alto. After all its a life-long commitment he gave her.
Old 2008-09-06, 05:42   Link #1508
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Oh I just don't think of her as a workholic... She definitly has no problem flirting with boys, especially compared to Alto who show the behaviour of an elementry schoolboy. And she ran away from Grace's eyes to get the earring back in ep2! She works hard, but it wouln't mean giving up on the joys of life. I think she's been through a bit of love affairs(nothing serious cause her first 'real' love is definitly Alto) At least that's how I see her and if you don't agree with it then it's your own Sheryl, just like I have my own Sheryl.
Yeah, I was just speaking from my own experiences. I know quite a few girls who flirt quite a bit but never cross that line. Plus Sheryl's persona doesn't strike me as the type to have little flings here and there or to just give herself up.

Anyway I still see Sheryl as having been too much into her work to have little flings here and there. Just the way she was frantic in Ep3 about getting out made me realize how much into her work she was.

Quote:
But it's not that important, isn't it?
Experienced or non-experienced, Sheryl is still Sheryl.
That is, my friend, the most important thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I think she definitely is ( or was, hehe ) a virgin. Sheryl doesnīt like frippery womanizers after all, but rather wants a serious relationship.
I wholesomely agree with you... but I'm leaning on the 'was' side of things from the way the scene was done...

Quote:
And I donīt think it gets any more serious than what she now has with Alto. After all its a life-long commitment he gave her.
However much longer that life-long commitment will last... I don't know. It's depressing.

Old 2008-09-06, 06:01   Link #1509
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
However much longer that life-long commitment will last... I don't know. It's depressing.
and what will stop the commitment? her death?
Old 2008-09-06, 13:54   Link #1510
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Syncope (fainting) seems to be one. The most probable causes for that could be either low or high blood pressure, thanks to the little Vajra things messing with her.

Besides fainting, I'm not really sure what else could be a symptom. Possibly something internal, such as organ failure, but without being able to see her insides we've no way of knowing.
I think fainting spells was because of the medicine. After she got out of the hospital, she more or less seemed to have recovered.

Alternatively, Grace was lying to Sheryl about her even being sick in the first place. Why? Because Grace hates Sheryl's selfish, ungrateful guts, and wanted to mind rape her a bit. Boy, won't she feel stupid when she finds out?
Old 2008-09-06, 14:06   Link #1511
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Quote:
I think fainting spells was because of the medicine. After she got out of the hospital, she more or less seemed to have recovered.
She recovered from her fever, chills and vomiting, all which were side effects of the meds that Klan had listed off. She said nothing about fainting. Also, Luca said that once the virus reached the brain the little spores would emit a deadly toxin into the body. This gives Sheryl minute fold abilities, but it is also killing her. I wouldn't be surprised if this toxin also causes fainting due to, you know, being fatal and all. 'Sides, we haven't seen Sheryl take the meds since, what, episode 12? And even then she didn't get the chance, thanks to the D-Pulse wave interrupting.
Old 2008-09-06, 14:25   Link #1512
Wesley84

I'm sure Sheryl was made to take them all the way up til she was last in the hospital. Also worth noting is that she's been perfectly fine ever since Alto's brother picked her up. No inconvinent fainting spell or exhaustion while being chased by 100kg flying locusts.

I don't know where you got that about Luca saying anything about it. Must be the new episode.

...He really should have been a Bridge Bunny.
Old 2008-09-07, 00:54   Link #1513
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

sadly, i see an ending where Sheryl doesn't live until the end. but neither does Ranka, so i guess you win some and lose some.

and i'm a believer that sex did happen.. basically solidifying the relationship between Alto and Sheryl. much to Klan's prodding.
Old 2008-09-07, 03:59   Link #1514
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
sadly, i see an ending where Sheryl doesn't live until the end. but neither does Ranka, so i guess you win some and lose some.

and i'm a believer that sex did happen.. basically solidifying the relationship between Alto and Sheryl. much to Klan's prodding.
That my friend is Klan's, purpose in the show.

Now we wait for pictures of baby Sheryl and Alto Jr
Old 2008-09-07, 04:33   Link #1515
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Quote:
Also worth noting is that she's been perfectly fine ever since Alto's brother picked her up. No incontinent fainting spells or exhaustion while being chased by 100kg flying locusts.
Adrenaline? Other than that, plot and/or triangle convenience. Animu likes that kind of stuff. Y'know, I half expected her to pass out at the beginning of 21, after singing for those people. You'd think the adrenaline rush would be over by the time she fixed up Nanase, and singing would have exhausted her.

Quote:
I don't know where you got that about Luca saying anything about it. Must be the new episode.
Yeah, from ep 22. It was mentioned in the summary on RC.

Quote:
...He really should have been a Bridge Bunny.
Sadly, I agree with you.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:33   Link #1516
magnuskn

Ah, what I just noticed... even if the V-type disease is transmittable during sexual contact, in its early stages it is curable by a serum made from Vajra.... so if Sheryl and Alto made love, Alto will be okay. At least physically...
Old 2008-09-08, 15:41   Link #1517
MaiHikari

Quote:
Ah, what I just noticed... even if the V-type disease is transmittable during sexual contact, in its early stages it is curable by a serum made from Vajra.... so if Sheryl and Alto made love, Alto will be okay. At least physically...
I'd also imagine condoms in 2059 should be much more advanced in its protection capabilities. You don't suppose they have those robot vendors roaming the streets at night selling them?
Old 2008-09-08, 16:07   Link #1518
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I'd also imagine condoms in 2059 should be much more advanced in its protection capabilities. You don't suppose they have those robot vendors roaming the streets at night selling them?
Well, if you can get thongs from a vending machine in Rome now, I'd assume they'd be offering condoms in the future. They already have them in bathrooms in clubs, I've been told. xD
Old 2008-09-08, 16:18   Link #1519
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Well, if you can get thongs from a vending machine in Rome now, I'd assume they'd be offering condoms in the future. They already have them in bathrooms in clubs, I've been told. xD
Not advocating unsafe deeds... but come on, this is Alto we're talking about. Honestly do you think he'd carry around something like that? They were already at his house!

Old 2008-09-08, 16:21   Link #1520
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Quote:
Not advocating unsafe deeds... but come on, this is Alto we're talking about. Honestly do you think he'd carry around something like that? They were already at his house!
Ahahaha! I know! I know!

But it's fun to - ah, whats the word - hypothesize.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters