Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-13, 01:18   Link #1
devildog23
Summerlurking

Can't Stop Watching?

Recently, I've hit an anime skid. I find myself barely able to watch an anime for 2 or more episodes in a row. This skid started after I finished Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for an anime, no specific genre, where I find it hard to even take my eyes away from the screen. One of those anime where you don't even know how many episodes you've seen in a row because once one ends, you just hit the link for the next episode. One where you just can't take your eyes away from the screen because you really want to know what happens next, or you are just that drawn towards the characters.

Basically, an anime that is easy to marathon! My attention span is short

Anime that I feel fit the description below...
Code Geass
Monster
Baccano!
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
Cross Game
School Rumble
Great Teacher Onizuka
Full Metal Alchemist
Elfen Lied
Old 2010-07-13, 01:30   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Death Note
RAINBOW
Darker than Black
...Higurashi?
Old 2010-07-13, 04:28   Link #3
jedinat

Let's see... I watched over thirty episodes of Full Moon o Sagashite in a row once. I think I stopped to eat.
Those times I've watched Juuni Kokuki it has always been in a steady succession until completion.
Really though, you are just asking for good anime in other words. Good anime, for me, translates into anime I can't stop watching. There are a few dozen I might describe as such, but looking at your list I doubt our tastes match up all that well.
Old 2010-07-13, 05:05   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, perfect recommendation for that would be One Piece. Sure there's a large episode count, though once you get passed the first few episodes, you won't want to stop at all. Believe me.

Second Death Note, because i can see how that would be hard to put down once you start.
Old 2010-07-13, 08:02   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Depends on where you are in an anime too.

For example: Crest of the Stars is more slow paced early on, but by about half way through you start feeling the need to watch the next episode right away.

Maison Ikkoku is similar. The first three seasons you're fine watching just one or two episodes. But the final season is very hard not to marathon the thing.

I thought to be rather hard not to watch the next episode for Neon Genesis Evangelion. (Although there are a few specific "breaks" like after episode 2, or after episode 6).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-07-13, 09:41   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would put Dennou Coil on this list. Once you get into the story it's very hard to stop watching.
Old 2010-07-13, 10:18   Link #7
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Since you put Baccano, try Durarara!! since its by the same author and very good! Oldie but a goodie I was hooked on Trigun after only 3 epis. Gurren-Lagaan you definitely cant walk away from this one!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-13, 10:41   Link #8
Kaze Shachou
So Pringles

I used to drop animes left and right a while ago because i didn't feel like finishing any of them.
I can't really base these suggestions fully off your list but these were animes that i was able to marathon:

Clannad
Clannad After Story (Second Season)
Fairy Tail (Ongoing)
True Tears
Chrome Shelled Regios
Myself; Yourself
Toradora!
Angel Beats!
K-On!
K-On!! (Second Season & Ongoing)
Bakemonogatari
Cowboy Bebop
Onegai Teacher

Not all of them are similar to the animes you mention but, i personally marathoned these and hopefully at least one of them will work for you.

Last edited by Kaze Shachou; 2010-07-13 at 10:42. Reason: Just cause
Old 2010-07-13, 11:17   Link #9
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i guess it depends on the person...for me:
Seirei no Moribito
Ghost Hound
Boogiepop Phantom
Monster
Baccano!
Hellsing
Berserk
Hajime no Ippo (both seasons)
Kurenai
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
Detroit Metal City
Kemonozume
Lain
Old 2010-07-13, 12:09   Link #10
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I would definitely second Durarara!! and Death Note if you haven't already seen it. If you liked School Rumble then you may like Bakemonogatari, Angel Beats and Working!.

But you might be better off watching anime films instead, since well..they don't have more than one episode, usually...
Old 2010-07-13, 12:13   Link #11
S.t inFAMOUS

Witch Hunter Robin
Last Exile
12 Kingdoms
Lain
Gankutsuou

Nothing amazing ever happens here
Old 2010-07-13, 15:02   Link #12
Animelover#1
Kouta...

I reccomend To love-ru, I think I watched the entire series in one go! :P (about 24 episodes)
It's a romance =]
Old 2010-07-13, 17:50   Link #13
devildog23
Summerlurking

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not particularly looking for anime similar to the ones I mentioned.

Quote:
Really though, you are just asking for good anime in other words.
Well I'm a little different, I didn't include some of my favorite anime on my list because I didn't marathon them. I put a big emphasis on the ending and the characters. BUT what I'm looking for isn't ending or characters, but an anime that is so interesting or exciting that you don't want to stop watching. Like an anime where time flies when you watch it.

Ehh, I'm sorry for not being clear, but it's hard to describe exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions so far though, I looked into them and ones that caught my eye were...

Junni Kokki - I started this already, but for some reason forgot about it, it was REALLY good though and thanks for reminding me
Crest of the Stars - although I don't like slow starts, I've heard good things about this
Full Moon o Sagashite
Rainbow
Trigun
Last Exile

Anymore suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Old 2010-07-13, 18:23   Link #14
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

if you haven't seen death note you must see it that is one which you have to watch it over and over again and you wont get bored

also monster hope this helps
Old 2010-07-13, 22:07   Link #15
Divini
Senpai!

Well this varies from person to person, but some personal experiences of mine:

I remember when Clannad was still airing. I seriously couldn't wait for Fridays (the day the fansubbers released each episode) to watch it.

I saw Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann after the whole series was out already, and I just couldn't put it down til I finished.

There's also something about the original Gundam SEED anime that demanded that I watch the next episode asap.
Closed Thread