AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-29, 16:12   Link #201
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 16 blogged here.

Something I will note exclusively here:
Spoiler for that yellow clock throughout the episode:

Although I did enjoy Canvas 2 episode 16, it was hard not thinking about a death in the Novaworld gaming community....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:24   Link #202
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler for episode 16 raw:
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 23:03   Link #203
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Something I will note exclusively here:
Spoiler for that yellow clock throughout the episode:
What's amusing to me is the Pavlovian response I had to the clock appearing. I haven't watched 24 since the third season, but as soon as the clock appears, my heart starts to beat faster and I keep expecting someone to get shot.
Old 2006-01-29, 23:45   Link #204
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler for episode 16 raw:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-01, 04:58   Link #205
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Well, I managed to resist temptation long enough to watch episode #14 unspoiled....

I was quite surprised that Elis did not tear into Yanagi after he confessed to stealing Hiroki's composition. She obviously had some idea of what was going on after she saw the picture of Kiri that Hagino brought to school. And she also did not seem to recall him with great fondness from before. I guess it is all intended as part of the plan to show that Elis is maturing emotionally, but her reaction almost seemed a bit too restrained to me.
I was also thinking that Elis was going to rip apart Yanagi (even a little ^^) though on the other hand it didn't feel out of character how Elis dealt with it, well after Elis left there it was interesting to see Elis yelling at Hitoki, I wasn't expecting Elis to rip into him like that but still I quite liked seeing Elis like that

Well about ep.16 I just saw a couple of Screen Shots from Random Curiosity Blog (fifth last one if you want to see ^^) and O.o; whats Hagio doing practice/information for the novel? ^^ well I havn't read into that episode yet, I know there is somthing... to it so cant wait to watch it
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:09   Link #206
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Episode 16 was definitely quite fun to watch over all. I like the 24 parody thing. It also helps that Kana Hagino herself got a lot of focus in the episode. She is after all one of my favorite girls in the anime. She's quite cute both in terms of voice and look. Plus she's fun to watch. I'm also partial to Tomoko who is quite attractive. Well either way it will be interesting to see what happens in the remaining episodes. I have a feeling we'll get some more fun with various characters before the final plot arc starts. Whatever that may be in the case of this series.

Last edited by Tatiana Razajev; 2006-02-01 at 20:25.
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 01:33   Link #207
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
Episode 16 was definitely quite fun to watch over all. I like the 24 parody thing. It also helps that Kana Hagino herself got a lot of focus in the episode. She is after all one of my favorite girls in the anime. She's quite cute both in terms of voice and look. Plus she's fun to watch. I'm also partial to Tomoko who is quite attractive. Well either way it will be interesting to see what happens in the remaining episodes. I have a feeling we'll get some more fun with various characters before the final plot arc starts. Whatever that may be in the case of this series.
aye... those are my favorite two to watch.. Tomoko has a wonderfully dry wit (almost Addams-like) and Hagino is one of the more entertaining kitsune-ko types I've seen with her banter, shortstuff body type, and those enormous bows.

sigh... I wish the hell these writers had been involved with Shuffle! ...

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-02-02 at 02:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 15:21   Link #208
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

My blogo for episode 17...

I'll update on the sad news as the days go by....

But this isn't the time for sadness, episode 17 really was a treat! With a few shockers now and then, but the nosebleeds and moe melts made up for my day. Except...I got isue's as to why these things air so early in the morning....why...WHY??????

(Of course you know I know the answer already....but it sounded so funny me asking questions with the answers I already know )
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 18:04   Link #209
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Episode 17 wasn't too bad, it seems.

Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 20:41   Link #210
DanielSong39

Now that the art club president is getting an episode, the only one left is Hagino's editor...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 07:17   Link #211
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Which reminds me, where's the non-descript character everyone likes to rag on? (Shouta) I thought he was in the painting class too. I keep thinking he has to come back. You know the saying - if they show a gun in Act 1, someone better get shot in Act 3.[/spoiler]
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Now that the art club president is getting an episode, the only one left is Hagino's editor...
I think Hagino's editor (her name's Shie) was already featured in ep 16, unless you're counting on her being featured alone (as in nothing to do with Hagino) or perhaps interacting with Hiroki, like on a date with him (then again how and why would that happen?).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 19:24   Link #212
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Spoiler:
Hmmm.. I could've sworn he was in the art class in one of the earlier episodes. I guess I was mistaken, because you're right, that's not what he specializes in. I think I confused it with that other class that the Canvas 1 cameo teaches.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 08:21   Link #213
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Hmmm.. I could've sworn he was in the art class in one of the earlier episodes. I guess I was mistaken, because you're right, that's not what he specializes in. I think I confused it with that other class that the Canvas 1 cameo teaches.
To be more precise, he's not in the Art Club, but he is classmates with Elise and Tomoko in Homeroom as well as the academic subjects.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 19:00   Link #214
evil-samurai

Wow! just wow!; just watched ep.15

The Superintendent Saya, is lovely! and man she can Drive!! I didn't think Saya was going to be too interesting or anything but after watching I want to see more!! of her, Canvas 2 seems to do that with nearly all of the characters I just really hate any of them, but Saya is among my favorites ^^. I swear that Shouta seems to have been shafted for good now we havn't seen him in a long time ^^;; oh! and about what happen with Elis at the end I dont know what to expect now.
Next episode looks to be interesting and so far nearly of of the girls have been given there own time in each episode but the biker girl (dont know the name ^^;; ) hasn't, I wonder if she will get her own Episode soon, I sure hope so ^^

Created a few Saya gifs.
Spoiler for gifs:

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-02-11 at 23:13.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 03:09   Link #215
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

mmm... Superintendent goodness.

Ep 15 was a good episode by itself, but this show is DRAGGING out... Only main plot point that's occured in 10 episodes is Yanagi's appearance, and it didn't even trigger much...
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 09:14   Link #216
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Talking

At first I was a bit against the idea of another character portrait episode, but episode 15 served as a breath of fresh air...I'd have been unhappy if Canvas 2 just revolved around the triangle from episode 14. They've got quite a few episodes left, so they can throw in a few more "character portraits" (I'd like to see another Tomoko one with Elis, and possibly a Sumire one) and episodes wrapping up the main plot.

And I am also very relieved that, in episode 15
Spoiler:
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 10:04   Link #217
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
And I am also very relieved that, in episode 15
Spoiler:
I would have thought that as suicidal if that indeed happened... It is indeed a breath of fresh air, as you said, and I find that the more 'in-depth' look into some characters that are not so close to Hiroki is actually quite refreshing as well...
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 21:54   Link #218
manly_madonna

Agrees.

I like the fact that Hiroki isn't like the bumbling teenager who can't seem to decide which girl they want. Maybe because he is older and mature that it seems that way. Also, his problem doesn't involved in which girl he wants or how the girls feel about him.

Spoiler:
manly_madonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 22:32   Link #219
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Spoiler for meh, not really spoiler, just random musings past ep15:
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 23:43   Link #220
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Spoiler for meh, not really spoiler, just random musings past ep15:
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs