AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-26, 07:15   Link #181
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Team tactics with Ichika/Charlotte were good, the rest of the battle was not... I don't even wanna get into it.

On to the meat of the episode: YES! Want more. Charlotte is obviously trying to seduce Ichika and I love every minute of it. Her attempts actually get Ichika's "blood flowing" unlike Houki/Cecilia/Rin who haven't found out how to break Ichika's dense-barrier. Laura's laugh in the hospital bed was cute and her final scene was hilarious. Could not stop laughing. I'm okay with her half-assed explanation for crossing over into the dark side because she looked damn cute making Ichika her wife.
At least those two girls are able to snap out of him from his 'dense' state of mind.

I guess the tsundere trio has to find another way round to break his 'dense' delusional conditioning.
Old 2011-02-26, 08:07   Link #182
ZeKeR
Superbad

can anyone post in the image section the ZOMG faces of the girls at the reaction of laura's apparent

'blitzkrieg'

attack and houki's WAT face in chal's revelation?
Old 2011-02-26, 08:23   Link #183
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
can anyone post in the image section the ZOMG faces of the girls at the reaction of laura's apparent

'blitzkrieg'

Well look at my post there. Better yet look for yourself here.

Spoiler for BlitzKiss:
Old 2011-02-26, 08:55   Link #184
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

'blitzkrieg'

<--- My avatar :3
Old 2011-02-26, 09:05   Link #185
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Spoiler for BlitzKiss:
Germany has gone on the offensive. Lightning warfare indeed.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:37   Link #186
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Spoiler for BlitzKiss:
Houki's WAT face isnt there... oh well....

The war for his pants i mean Ichika has begun... and Laura spearheaded (and took) his first kiss.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:50   Link #187
ReddyRedWolf

Houki's right there only have a FFFFFFFFFF! expression.
Old 2011-02-26, 10:01   Link #188
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Cecilia: OMGWTFBBQ!

Rin: Huh?

Houki: ....... goddammit.

Charlotte: I'm MUCH sexier than that girl!
Old 2011-02-26, 10:48   Link #189
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure that point won't even be touched upon in the anime. Everyone is just going to pretend nothing ever happened.

Sadly, now that Laura has officialy entered the competion, I'm afraid Charlotte will take the backseat for a while. I'm already slightly annoyed her reaction to the kiss wasn't shown.
I think they don't show Charlotte's reaction because she has no need to be jealous of the others. At least that's what I'd like to believe. Rin had that attitude too, and look at her now...
Old 2011-02-26, 12:37   Link #190
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Agree with previous comments that the transformation into a statue was lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
My personal rankings:

1) Charlotte
2) Laura
3) Houki
4) Rin
5) Cecilia
Same.
Old 2011-02-26, 14:02   Link #191
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Cecilia: OMGWTFBBQ!

Rin: Huh?

Houki: ....... goddammit.

Charlotte: I'm MUCH sexier than that girl!
Perfect idea on what they said in their heads immediately

May the gods of Harem be with you Ichika *mutters* Baka..
Old 2011-02-26, 18:57   Link #192
dragon132004

This episode is Laura centered as it shows a lot of her past and circumstances which tie her that different colored eye. I do feel sorry that she had to undergo a complete body change that may have made her into a sort of cyborg at a young age and I also never liked human scum asses who as a means make humans into non humans as end to having superior weapons. It was the same in Saikano and so it is in this case. The fighting was done pretty well IMO. The ending just came out of no where though Laura went in for the kill with the first kiss. the others girls are left standing around with expressions like "that bit****!", "I'm the childhood friend it should be me!".... That kiss and ""You are going to be my Wife"" were completely unexpected and just look at the faces of the other girls were AWESOME! This show can make me laugh and cry (not from sadness) and still keep me coming back next week. On that note the beach episode is up next. Yes this episode was full of win.
The power rankings have changed looking like Charlotte > Laura > Cecilia > Houki > Rin... Houki and Rin seem stuck as childhood friends, while he should and better have some interest in Charlotte
Old 2011-02-27, 00:57   Link #193
dark998

Pretty nice teamwork of Ichika/Charlotte. Houki got the short end of the stick with her default IS and was put out ot commission quite fast. Too bad

As expected, AIC has an important flaw that can be exploited in team matches and Laura was forced to activate Valkyrie Trace, which shape-shifts the frame in addition to increasing the power (and lowering the defense too, apparently). Even though the match was cancelled, this is the first time Ichika actually...wins. Yay.

Bath time and more development for Charlotte, cool. And more censored scenes. Not cool at all, 8-bit...

Then, the hilarious final scene with Laura stealing Ichika's first kiss and taking him as her wife, "no objections allowed". Priceless.

For next week: the obligatory, unmissable, anticipated BEACH episode. The potential is limitless with all the female characters in the anime.
Old 2011-02-27, 00:58   Link #194
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
The power rankings have changed looking like Charlotte > Laura > Cecilia > Houki > Rin... Houki and Rin seem stuck as childhood friends, while he should and better have some interest in Charlotte
Especially after all the events that transpired between the two... If he has no interest with Charlotte, he will feel the wrath of all those Charlotte fans.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-02-27 at 01:20.
Old 2011-02-27, 05:21   Link #195
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Especially after all the events that transpired between the two... If he has no interest with Charlotte, he will feel the wrath of all those Charlotte fans.
Like the whole mobs of enraging fans want his dead body... Can't help it. He is being insensitive towards them, but insensitive for a... good reason...

Still, I've seen a male lead from another series who is also being as dense as Ichika towards girls too.
Old 2011-02-27, 06:05   Link #196
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is it just me? that the animation quality in this ep looks sloppy in some places, there's even one shot where Ichika's wounds magically disappear & reappeared in another? & the part where Houki punched & kicked Ichika looks flat?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-02-27, 06:20   Link #197
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well... I'm holding out for the bluray. They better get rid of the censorship on the dvd.
Old 2011-02-27, 11:08   Link #198
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmm.

Somehow though, I have a feeling that Ichika and Charlotte may not progress further than being wingmen...

Heresy, I know, but some wingpairs IRL have been so close they're practically married, yet don't view each other romantically.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-28, 02:08   Link #199
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm thinking Houki would eventually win. But in the mean time, I'm enjoying whatever screen time Charlotte has. And always feeling she's wasted on Ichika rather than myself.

But suddenly-- Ooh a Cinque.
Old 2011-02-28, 16:55   Link #200
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I finally caught up with all the episodes and i must say i enjoyed the episode quite a bit.

Ichika and and Charlotte with their tactics managed to come out on top. I was highly impressed by their team work, although Laura's IS had nearly overwhelming offensives and defensive strength Laura herself and her IS had flaws. Which the duo exploited to the fullest. Taking Houki out quick and fast so they could double team Laura was a smart move. Laura was not use to fighting against coordinated attacks and Ichika surprisingly found her IS's weakness. It was a good fight i felt bad for Houki her run of the mill IS just couldnt cut it.

I was not expecting Laura to land that big fat one of Ichika at the end but damn was it funny and i think she just and the newly out of the closet Charlotte just made enemies out of every girl in the school lmao. Whats even funnier is Ichika is the wifefu LMAO

So with this i guess all the girls have gathered even though im pretty sure Houki will win out in the end if we do get a love interest conclusion