AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-12-21, 23:38   Link #21
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Just wanted to let everyone know that there are going to be three Hayate Cross Blade drama CDs (aside from the mini-drama CD that came with the Feb 2006 issue of Dengeki Daioh. Volumes 1 and 2 are already out and are freaking hysterical (though the mini-drama CD is perhaps the funniest of them all) and Vol 3 is due out on 18 January 2008. Why oh WHY will they not make this into an anime?!

Someone might want to edit the first post to note that Volumes 6 and 7 of the manga are already out and Vol 8 should be out sometime in 2008.
Old 2007-12-30, 22:08   Link #22
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
Why oh WHY will they not make this into an anime?!
"Any day now" I keep telling myself... Too bad her other manga Strawberry Shake Sweet runs in another magazine; they could do back-to-back shows.

Anyways, while there's still no news on the official Seven Seas manga site (they're the English licensors), good old Amazon.com already has a listing for volume 1, due out 07/08/2008. They have listings for the imported drama cds as well, but the prices are pretty high. At least now we've got the ISBN and can do pre-order shopping around...

For anyone interested in HxB, check out Ozaku's blog.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:58   Link #23
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
Anyways, while there's still no news on the official Seven Seas manga site (they're the English licensors), good old Amazon.com already has a listing for volume 1, due out 07/08/2008. They have listings for the imported drama cds as well, but the prices are pretty high. At least now we've got the ISBN and can do pre-order shopping around...
My suggestion is to go to Yesasia and not places like Amazon.co.jp or CDJapan (unless Yesasia for some reason is sold out, which is very rare). Their prices are scary high. I got all of my Drama CDs from YA at an excellent price and with free shipping
Old 2008-08-06, 10:39   Link #24
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question how many chapter are there that has been translated????
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 08:32   Link #25
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question how many chapter are there that has been translated????
Well, it has been licensed by Seven Seas, and the first volume won't be out until November so you can say some are translated but not distributed yet. In short, it's hard to say.

You can read a preview found here:

http://gomanga.com/manga/hayatexblade.php

Now seriously, what does it take for the anime producers to even consider adapting this to an anime series? This title seems to be the type of title that can get on the level of popularity similar to Marimite or even Nanoha!
Old 2008-10-28, 00:58   Link #26
Robotnik
Not a member

Took a chance and lucked out - the nearest Borders had Hayate x Blade out early. It's freaking *hilarious*! Too bad volume 2's not due until February.
Old 2008-10-28, 21:04   Link #27
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Thanks for the mention...I found it at our Borders too along with Kaze Hikaru and a few choice others that I've been waiting for. Time to use my Borders coupons
Old 2008-10-31, 04:53   Link #28
darkchibi07

Erica's review is out!

http://okazu.blogspot.com/2008/10/yu...-volume-1.html

I do plan on getting my own copy. Now back to my invisible plans on what does it take to get this animated!
Old 2008-10-31, 23:53   Link #29
yongshun

LOL just read volume 1 english print and good god what a riot, always love the Stright guy and the hyperactive screwloose 2nd guy and Hayate and AYana does it so well.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 13:07   Link #30
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

HAYATE CROSS BLADE discussion

Has anyone else here read it? (Hayate X Blade)is a yuri/comedy manga, and its very entertaining! ^^

The yuri is pretty minor, and from the 3 books that have been released in English, I have yet to see any serious yuri. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes comedy, swords, or jumpy hyper-active girls.
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:23   Link #31
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

This thread is more popular than mine T_T

Hayate x Blade is hilarious, I love it. ^^
Old 2009-06-26, 12:56   Link #32
Robotnik
Not a member

While we all eagerly await the next volume, here's something slightly related, Ayana and Jun cosplayers:

http://behoimi.org/post/index?tags=hayate_cross_blade
Old 2009-06-26, 19:57   Link #33
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Ooooh~

Those are awesome cosplays!

Maybe I should cosplay Hayate?
Old 2009-06-26, 21:50   Link #34
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Prayer View Post
Ooooh~

Those are awesome cosplays!

Maybe I should cosplay Hayate?
Ha ha! That sounds cool. Doing all the Hayate crazy facial expressions might be the easy part - her massive ahoge might make the hairstyle hard to pull off...
Old 2010-12-11, 03:24   Link #35
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Thread necro, yay.

On a serious note, I think it's a good manga, but why does the attention for this one is so low....? It makes me sad .

Currently the best things about this manga are, in my opinion, its characters and the humors. I believe it actually can be a good anime if they give it a chance.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:40   Link #36
darkchibi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Thread necro, yay.

On a serious note, I think it's a good manga, but why does the attention for this one is so low....? It makes me sad .

Currently the best things about this manga are, in my opinion, its characters and the humors. I believe it actually can be a good anime if they give it a chance.
With 13 volumes worth of material, there's enough for a 24/26-episode series (maybe even longer). Seriously, you can only take so much for just doing drama CDs. I'm really in a firm belief that if an anime gets announced for this, this title's popularity will get the boost it'll need as long the staff is good.

In the meantime, Seven Seas are planning to release the first 6 volumes in omnibuses soon so anyone wants to totally indulge on this may do so.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:19   Link #37
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The irony is that if the manga isn't popular, chance is it won't get an anime adaption . Beside, the yuri is quite light that I actually didn't think it'd be categorized as Yuri manga. I'm not sure if the "yuri" part put people off or drawing more people to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
In the meantime, Seven Seas are planning to release the first 6 volumes in omnibuses soon so anyone wants to totally indulge on this may do so.
I'm not really familiar with the name you mentioned so mind if I ask....what'sOmnibuses?
Old 2010-12-21, 12:49   Link #38
darkchibi07

Omnibuses are compilation of multiple volumes into one book. The first omnibus contains the first 3 volumes:

http://us.macmillan.com/hayatexbladeomnibus1
Old 2010-12-31, 21:09   Link #39
Pheonix03

I didn't think there would be a thread for HxB considering it isn't very popular.

Regardless, I'm a huge fan of the series. My favorite aspect of the series is the excellent character interaction. It also doesn't hurt that the cast is full of great, original characters. The action is actually quite good as well, especially in later chapters.

If I have any complaints with the series, it's simply that it isn't truly a yuri manga. Sure, it has lots of undertones, but not any canon relationships. Personally, I wish it did have some canon yuri relationships, as I think the story and characters would benefit from the extra level depth a relationship would make, especially the Hitsugi/Shizuku and Akira/Sae pairings.

In case anyone wasn't aware, here's a site doing scanlations of the chapters Seven Seas hasn't put out yet: http://www.hoshitori.com/

Also, here's where to get the RAWs of all the chapters, including the latest ones: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7...fc0ec7a2341849
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 15:27   Link #40
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just read this series over two days after ignoring it for over two years, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The characters are all very fun and easy to empathize with. It's focus on several groups of friends and plot threads keeps the story fresh, and the setting is entirely amenable. Only downside is tht now that I caught up I'm stuck with the monthly releases. So much sadness.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, yuri