AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 21:33   Link #2321
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

episode 09

Hehe, this episode should be named "Boy meets first girl". It's true then, on Jin's planet women has become extinct and their civilization is dying. Jee, couldn't they approached Neo Deva peacefully? It would be totally hilarious if they came with a white flag and said we need your women now!

I think Jin and Yunoha might actually be a cute couple. They're both mentally quite innocent/naive in relationships because they either had no experience or interaction with the opposite sex.

Judging from the last scene where Jin protected Yunoha, he has a AT Field?
Old 2012-03-04, 21:44   Link #2322
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think the real problem is that there's no guarantee that the women will actually survive the trans-dimensional trip to Altair. Why only guys can do so hasn't been adequately explained, but Jin's boss has mentioned once before that the women they take either don't survive, or are useless to them.
Old 2012-03-04, 21:47   Link #2323
leokiko

Jin will go berserk and turn into an one-eyed demon because of Yunoha
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 21:59   Link #2324
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So based on what Yunoha said, an Element's power seems to stem from a particular desire from the person to be created. Jin had a strong desire to protect Yunoha and thus created his 'barrier' power. I guess that's why Amata has wings, not particularly because of the Solar Wing business, but because when Alicia was taken away, he had the desire to fly up and follow her. I wonder does the powers of the Elements in the original Aquarion have that same reasoning.

I'm actually glad that Yunoha won't be left out of the Mix(har har). She's just too adorable to hold a forever-crush on Amata that has 0% chance of happening =0<.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:02   Link #2325
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep10: wait, wasn't this supposed to be a "serious" eppy? because, at first, it didn't seem like it.
needless to say, it wasn't as funny as the previous ones. too much on the predictable-side for my tastes...
Old 2012-03-04, 22:05   Link #2326
mayumi

mikono's ring power is because she wanted to make friends? cayenne's cause he wanted to protect mikono? sasanqua to fulfill her fujioshi desires.
zessica's - force was it? yeah, i don't know about hers.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:06   Link #2327
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol a meeting at night at a veranda? Including climbing a very large tree? Romeo and Juliet indeed. All it was missing was Yunoha contemplating "Akbajin, Akbajin. Wherefore art though, Akbajin?" XD

As for the pairing itself, I dunno, I don't feel as much for it as say, AmataXMikono/Zessica, AndyXMix, or MikonoXKagura. Maybe because I first was exposed to the star crossed lovers of the last pair, so it has a lot of overlap. So the episode on the whole isn't one I enjoyed.

On the bright side, Kagura is back next episode! And he is going to unleash all the pent-up jealuosy of his NTR confinement, it seems.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:07   Link #2328
miketyson

That theory about element powers makes Schrade's life seem pretty sad. What would he have wished for, I wonder?

Come to think of it, what would Andy have wished for?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:12   Link #2329
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I thought Andy was pretty easy... he wanted a way through the Berlin wall.

Schrade on the other hand... he wants to mind rape everybody? lol

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:22   Link #2330
mayumi

What if characters got thier powers while attending school like say andy, mikono, yunoha, jin etc is because real aquarion is burried under their school or something? its pretty weird to just up and develop some powers randomly.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:53   Link #2331
Zuul

I think it's different for Amata since he does have real wing, which makes him at least part shadow angel.
I don't think his flying abilities come from a particular desire.

It looks like Yunoha may be Jin's target.

And considering the preview, poor Jin. All that NTR rage probably aimed at him.XD With no good reason.
Seriously why Jin and not Amata?

I wonder why Amata looks so depressed in the preview.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-04 at 23:56.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 23:34   Link #2332
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*snickers* MIX put the fear of women into Jin...and then everything went downhill from there. I almost felt sorry for him...if I wasn't too busy laughing at him. XD And he needs to get a thicker coat...XDDDD
Old 2012-03-04, 23:55   Link #2333
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I think it's different for Amata since he does have real wing, which makes him at least part shadow angel.
I don't think his flying abilities come from a particular desire.
I don't think he is part shadow angel. Apollo had the "wing" essence in his back in the original series, but he was 100% human.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:03   Link #2334
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Just wondering, did they change the ED animation sequence in this episode and included Jin in it? Since the ED was changed for Yunoha and Shrade, I'm wondering if they'll also include Jin now in the lineup now that we've had an episode centered around him.
Having seen the most recent ep, it's actually possible we'll replace the Alicia static image with Jin... I don't know if it'll actually happen, but who knows. Regardless it'll have to happen soon, since we're likely to get a new ED around ep13.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:18   Link #2335
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Having seen the most recent ep, it's actually possible we'll replace the Alicia static image with Jin... I don't know if it'll actually happen, but who knows. Regardless it'll have to happen soon, since we're likely to get a new ED around ep13.
I think it's more likely that the Book of Twin Stars image will be replaced, but I don't know if we'll get another Jin-centric episode since changes to the ED sequence tend to happen during character focused episodes. Though judging by the preview, Jin still has a prominent role in the next episode, though how he likened his new found feelings to seeing Alicia's white bloomers in a music video had me LOLing.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:22   Link #2336
Sixth
Hu Tao

This episode lacks of Crea.

Damn it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:45   Link #2337
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I think it's more likely that the Book of Twin Stars image will be replaced, but I don't know if we'll get another Jin-centric episode since changes to the ED sequence tend to happen during character focused episodes. Though judging by the preview, Jin still has a prominent role in the next episode, though how he likened his new found feelings to seeing Alicia's white bloomers in a music video had me LOLing.
Considering what we know about Jin's character though, it'd make perfect sense for him to replace her still in the ED (we still have several eps before an ED swap)... where-as the book isn't a still image, so I still think it's unlikely to be a placeholder.

Hard to say, but regardless I'm liking the verse swap for the ED.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:54   Link #2338
Zuul

Which makes me sad is that episode sinks the theory about Amata being from Altea.TT
But at the same time it nullifies some of the most blatant contradictions in my crackpot theory about Mikono being Amata's long lost sis.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 01:05   Link #2339
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So based on what Yunoha said, an Element's power seems to stem from a particular desire from the person to be created. Jin had a strong desire to protect Yunoha and thus created his 'barrier' power. I guess that's why Amata has wings, not particularly because of the Solar Wing business, but because when Alicia was taken away, he had the desire to fly up and follow her. I wonder does the powers of the Elements in the original Aquarion have that same reasoning.
Actually, I think their powers have more to do with their personalities. Both Jin and Yunoha are very shy people so they both developed powers that let them "escape" people. Yunoha can literally get out of people's sight why Jin can put a "wall" between him and others.

Heres hoping that Jin becomes a turn coat and joing Neo-Deva now that he has a crush. Jin and Yunoha are made for each other, lol.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 01:16   Link #2340
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Actually, I think their powers have more to do with their personalities. Both Jin and Yunoha are very shy people so they both developed powers that let them "escape" people. Yunoha can literally get out of people's sight why Jin can put a "wall" between him and others.

Heres hoping that Jin becomes a turn coat and joing Neo-Deva now that he has a crush. Jin and Yunoha are made for each other, lol.
I agree. At first I thought an Element's powers manifest at an early age, like it did for Shrade and Cayenne, but I guess they're more of the exception than the rule (I'm holding off on calling it the same for Amata, since his backgrounds are still up in the air, no pun intended )

As much as I like the JinxYunoha pairing (damn you Pixiv for getting me interested in this pairing even before the current episode!), I don't want to jump to conclusions yet and say they're mutually attracted to one another. Jin certainly is drawn to Yunoha, not only because she was responsible for his previous defeat but also he saw her cry. But remember Yunoha was the one who bought the racy picture of Amata from Sanzaka in episode 8. It's possible that Yunoha views Jin as a kindred spirit and a friend while she still has a crush on Amata. That will likely change later on, or her feelings might already be changing after this episode.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction