AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 01:08   Link #181
HandofFate

Yea, even after her mother abandoned with that cruel line, you saw scenes of her still trying to make friends, but she kept getting rejected and abandoned again.

So she just gave up, and just push everyone away, and if making use of her 'creepy' status does that, might as well. Its not like from her perspective, she can tell any difference between 'ordinary hearing' and 'regular hearing + inner thoughts hearing'
Old 2013-01-21, 03:30   Link #182
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Well mind reading is a very diverse thing, with many different levels. She might be one of those who can easily read surface thoughts that are sub-vocalized, but unable to read deep thoughts or third thoughts.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 04:32   Link #183
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yea, even after her mother abandoned with that cruel line, you saw scenes of her still trying to make friends, but she kept getting rejected and abandoned again.

So she just gave up, and just push everyone away, and if making use of her 'creepy' status does that, might as well. Its not like from her perspective, she can tell any difference between 'ordinary hearing' and 'regular hearing + inner thoughts hearing'
But she can tell the difference. As shown when she ask the guy why he hangs out with her. The guy tells her and then she hears his thoughts confirming that the guy is saying the truth.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 04:37   Link #184
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
But she can tell the difference. As shown when she ask the guy why he hangs out with her. The guy tells her and then she hears his thoughts confirming that the guy is saying the truth.
She can only tell the difference if she sees them talk though. As shown by their initial attempt at fortunetelling, Kotoura can't tell the difference between who's speaking their mind if she can't see the person, so it's likely that unless she can see the person talk, she hears their thoughts much like hearing them speak.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 06:52   Link #185
Peanutbutter

What a series. I was looking at this because the same staff that did Mitsudomoe and Yuru Yuri were involved. But woah.

Scriptwriting was a bit too exaggerated at times. Maybe it was the anime episode storyboarding that causes it.

To tell the truth, I'm surprised Kotoura hasn't thought of jumping down from some building or getting rammed by a truck then. Won't such stuff make people lose their minds? You're talking about a young kid here.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 07:26   Link #186
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Lowe Gear recommended this series to me.

The first 10 minutes of episode 1 were painful. Extremely painful.

And that fat bitch killed that cat, I just know it. Even though I loathe and despise cats, and hate them will all the very fibers of my being, that was low.

Oh, Haruka. You poor dear. You need a hug. stat.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 09:54   Link #187
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I.... I think I picked wrong series...
I'm expecting a warming-heart + slice of life comedy anime...
but let's see what I got...

first 10 mins in first episode is painful.... I got horrible mindbreak here....

then.. come the comedy... it's funny! and sweet romantic scene between Kotoura and Manabe

in second episode, they started it with comedy and put mindbreak scene in the middle... then end it again with romantic scene...

what a series! splendid!
I'll put this in my watching list and see it until the end
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 10:00   Link #188
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nice to see some newcomers here. Yep, enjoy this anime while it's hot!
Old 2013-01-21, 10:35   Link #189
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
To tell the truth, I'm surprised Kotoura hasn't thought of jumping down from some building or getting rammed by a truck then. Won't such stuff make people lose their minds? You're talking about a young kid here.
IMO if Kotoura had not met Manabe, she would have no doubt done that in the future whenever her Grandfather (which is the only reason she grabbed life with her little feeble hands for so long) passes away.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 11:18   Link #190
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep, enjoy this anime while it's hot!
This is a big wink for you, kenjiharima!
Old 2013-01-21, 13:24   Link #191
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I just started this when it was shown in a "new season preview" at the first meeting of my anime club. I'd say it's probably one of the better anime of the season, with a good mix of series character drama and comedy.

Also, it would be interesting to explore Kotoura-san's future, though this will probably be relegated to the realm of fan fiction. Still, think of the possibilities-

Kotoura as an undercover cop- sent to infiltrate the Yakuza and other criminal organizations, using her abilities to locate actual physical evidence- psychic evidence isn't admissable in court, but she could use it to locate physical evidence of their crimes, i.e where they hid the bodies, murder weapon, stashes of illegal drugs/arms/whatever, etc.

That, or we could have Kotoura working as an intelligence officer for the JSDF, perhaps eventually ending up on loan to the CIA after they learn of her abilities.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 13:55   Link #192
Snuffle
likes cute things

It kinda makes me wonder what Kotoura's love and sex life would be like. Will she be turned off or on when a male's sexual thoughts go into high gear? (what she experienced so far with Manabe doesn't count since she's not in a romantic relationship with him) Or will she understand better than possibly every other girl as to how guys love girls? Well I don't really expect the show to delve into that kinda stuff, but it sure is interesting to think about.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:56   Link #193
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
This is a big wink for you, kenjiharima!
Will depend on my schedule when I watch this. I might marathon this when it finishes and add my thoughts later, but if the first episode gets me it'll be a weekly watch as well.
Old 2013-01-21, 20:04   Link #194
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
It kinda makes me wonder what Kotoura's love and sex life would be like. Will she be turned off or on when a male's sexual thoughts go into high gear? (what she experienced so far with Manabe doesn't count since she's not in a romantic relationship with him) Or will she understand better than possibly every other girl as to how guys love girls? Well I don't really expect the show to delve into that kinda stuff, but it sure is interesting to think about.
Later in life, after Kotoura has a steady relationship with Manabe-kun:

"So THAT'S what your into, Manabe-kun"

*insert sex scene here*
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 20:36   Link #195
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...y'know, if she could hone this, Kotoura would make an awesome interrogator.

Inb4 recruitment for Hayate's yuri harem-

*Goose is shot*

Also Manabe is a bro. And I am so happy to see another anime MC who has the balls to admit he likes someone.

"Because I like her! You got a problem with that?!"

OTP of 2013: MaouxYuusha, and KotouraxManabe.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-22, 14:44   Link #196
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Also Manabe is a bro. And I am so happy to see another anime MC who has the balls to admit he likes someone.

"Because I like her! You got a problem with that?!"
Funny thing is Manabe isn't the MC (Main Character) Kotoura is so I think this could be the reason the same old anime male lead tropes apply to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

She gave up on humanity only because humanity gave up on her first...
Old 2013-01-23, 01:48   Link #197
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, it would be interesting if Kotoura is able to harden her heart and take a level:
Spoiler for Where ESP is useful:

Alternately, Kotoura would be extremely useful in negotiations:

Spoiler for Negotiating Aid Kotoura-san!:

Yep, crossover with KOKO LOCO OH NO. @_@

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-23, 04:22   Link #198
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I think she would make a fine Inquisitor.

Inquisitor Kotoura, Ordos Hereticus, bane of those who would lie and hide their thoughts of heresy and perversion.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 05:12   Link #199
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, I'm just waiting for the day when Manabe has perverted fantasies... and Kotoura does nothing, because she's gotten used to them.

And then realises what has happened.

That'd be hilarious.

Well, looks like Manabe/Kotoura is a stronger pairing than Yuuya/Shiranui Niigata

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-23, 05:35   Link #200
Kyouka Suigetsu

lol just finished the first episode xD
Spoiler:
Kyouka Suigetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy