AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 02:11   Link #4001
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
edit:
Different subject : Shoujo Shin'iki , Shoujo Tengoku was a bit of a letdown
Couldn't agree with you more. I finished Sana's route and it was terrible.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 02:32   Link #4002
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The game had such a nice buildup and the climax was good but the endings didn't resolve much and were lacking because it was either vague (sana) or left many things unanswered. Another problem was that the 4 routes were roughly 80% the same.
Spoiler for sana:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 02:40   Link #4003
Kirayuki

Quote:
The game had such a nice buildup and the climax was good but the endings didn't resolve much and were lacking because it was either vague (sana) or left many things unanswered. Another problem was that the 4 routes were roughly 80% the same.
Was the problem with BGM music resolved ?

And am I right to take that statement of "4 routes being roughly 80% the same" as the necessity to play all routes not needed here ?

Last edited by Kirayuki; 2013-05-13 at 02:53. Reason: typo
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 02:52   Link #4004
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I didn't like the music initially not because it was bad but that i got annoyed by it after hearing the same track over and over because it didn't use that many different ones in majority of the game untill the "action" came.

While the routes were mostly the same, you will get more information on the 4 families by doing them all. Otherwise some story elements were even less clear.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:12   Link #4005
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I just started Demonbane....kind of ok of a story, finding the mighty Neconomion to be a half-loli girl XD

But I wish it had than "Giant Robots fighting first night"

But it got a nice story flow for me to want to read it.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 13:09   Link #4006
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Been skimming Gears of Dragoon and by skimming, I mean using a 100% save and playing the scenes around as it got a recollection of every scene and not just the H. I don't have the time and/or will to actually play the game

As such, I can't make a full impression because I hop around the sequence and order, but was honestly surprised at the scenario and characters (which it has a LOT of). There are two major route: Law & Order Law and Chaos, with the individual heroine routes affecting the epilogue of each. As the name implies, the atmosphere between the two routes are drastically different even though there's already a not-so-short story preceeding it. And then there's the dead end route at Chaos...which was a darkly pleasure read for me
Old 2013-05-14, 17:00   Link #4007
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I finished Kaho's route in Unmei Yohou o Oshirase Shimasu. Honestly, that VN is a very mixed bag. The light-hearted moments were very enjoyable and even some of the serious topics were handeld quite well for my taste. But, the makers added still too much heavyness/drama overall.

Why? 1. The structure: 4 girls of where you have 2 choices for the first two: Accept thhe confession or reject*, and for the latter two a simple "I like x or y" decision. Okay, that were all choice-selections in the VN. Given the serious tones of some plot elements of the MC,*the former will leave you with a bitter feeling in EITHER case. The flow of story, as example of Kaho's route, is first confession rejected -> move on the character bonding of girl 2 -> confession rejected -> character bonding of girl 3 and Kaho -> choose Kaho -> her "main route" and more drama. Sure, all girls move eventually on from being rejected, but it gave still a rather strange or tacked feeling of the story flow.

2. The MC had either way rather harsh events in the past, which obviously have been influencing heavily his present self. And while those elements were used well enough within the plot, it gave also the impresson that the writers overdid it, even if only to a degree, in making him flawed/"tainted". That special case ruined, for example, the very good interaction between Mizuki-chan and he, which was developed/shown throughout the VN by the way, when he had decided to reveal his worse past-self. Let's ignore that in the end they could return to being friends, it felt simply too much of a "hey more drama and heavy atmosphere for ya!"
And the scene changes happened, regardless of minor ones or major ones, abruptly, i. e. with the BGM stopping suddenly and the screen shift to the next location. There's no smooth fade out? Don't know how to properly call it

Anyway, based on my personal bias I would have loved a more comedy/lightheared approach or at least the normal amount of dama like in the GIGA VNs that dealth with a similar scenario of an item helping in finding true love.
Personal conclusion, as I doubt the other routes will change much of the current impression: A story with a sweet, but generic synopsis, that has its fair share of serious topics. Ignoring the point that the MC was painted as maybe too "damaged", the VN is a rare case where a social inapt/unskilled MCs was rather well done. In contrast to, eg. CureGirl. The female cast was very likeable, especially the MC's, Soujirou, interaction with Mizuki. Probably my favorite moments in the VN. His self-proclaimed "best friend" was very annoying, again him messing with the MC was way overdone, unless that was the point. The BGM whenever he would show up was kept gloomy? and I mostly skipped his scenes during the latter half of Kaho's route. The for me non-satisfying structure of my afore-mentioned "1." dampened the mood, however.
-> Might be worth to check it out, but remaining careful while doing so is to be recommended from my point of view.

Last edited by Mahou; 2013-05-15 at 16:05.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 21:11   Link #4008
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Finished the Gaku-Ou series that include both the PC games and the PSP ver. The game itself was quite enjoyable from beginning to end with a light-hearted and fun story paired with equally fun and rather unique characters, between themselves at least.

The common route was the best part of the game for me mainly because how it brought together all the characters as they struggle to clear all the trials the Eleven Masters put them through. Yep, I surely love those friendship, hard work and hot-blooded themes.

Proper routes focused mostly on romance and comedy with a bit of drama to spice things up a bit. The quality of the routes varies quite a bit with Hinayu's being the weakest; it felt disjointed and it never resolved (or explained) a rather important (or so it seemed) part of the it's plot. Uduki's and Annemarie's route were pretty nice overall, but since their focus were their respective heroine so the main plot of the game was completely forgotten which bring us to Akari's route which was easily the best; her route is directly linked to the main plot so it resolves it entirely. It also inherits those themes that made the common route so enjoyable, adding romance and ichaicha to the mix. It may be a bit biased since Akari is no doubt my fav. heroine, she's just too lovely.

The fandisc had short stories for all the girls and extra events you can unlock by changing the date of your clock to the heroines's birthday or christmas eve. As for the PSP ver. besides the route for the protagonist's little sister Sorano, it doesn't add much new material for the four original heroines which was a bit disappointing. Sorano's route was pretty good as it developed on her's and the main character's background as the princess and prince of their home planet.

So, after all that I'll say check it out if you are interested.

Last edited by johnishida; 2013-05-14 at 23:13.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 21:35   Link #4009
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Spoiler for sana:
This is exactly my point, where was my wincest pure love?!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 07:07   Link #4010
Snuffle
likes cute things

I'm still going through Lovesick Puppies (quite slow I know), I finished Maruna's route a few days ago and I'm currently about half way finished Sofiya's route.

Maruna's route was a very cute story, the second drama event felt too convenient... I mean, what are the chances of that happening for a character with her background? The final drama felt rushed but I'm glad it was since it tried too hard to be a tear jerker, which to me, was out of character for the tone of the story. I realize that final event was required due to how the characters meet Maruna, but I find the story would've been perfectly fine if how they met Maruna was changed and kept the light hearted tone up until the end.

Sofiya's story seems pretty simple so far, genki all over the place, at least it keeps me entertained.

BTW, I don't really feel the love sickness in this game, the title seems to be exaggerated for the level of love content. Well, maybe that's just me expecting the game will have a bunch of girls desperate to fall in love and be all cute. And when I think of puppies within the title, I think of cute puppy dog eyes.

Quote:
Spoiler for sana:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
This is exactly my point, where was my wincest pure love?!!
I didn't start Shoujo Shin'iki yet, and I'm hearing many negative comments about it. It doesn't bother me, but I'm wondering, is the game really worth playing? I don't mind putting a delay on playing it, but there's something I'd like to know. I don't mind minor spoilers, I've already seen all the CGs of the game.

Should I take those above quotes are implying that Sana is not a brocon? That would be a little let down, but it really depends how her character is played out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Finished the Gaku-Ou series that include both the PC games and the PSP ver. The game itself was quite enjoyable from beginning to end with a light-hearted and fun story paired with equally fun and rather unique characters, between themselves at least.

The common route was the best part of the game for me mainly because how it brought together all the characters as they struggle to clear all the trials the Eleven Masters put them through. Yep, I surely love those friendship, hard work and hot-blooded themes.

Proper routes focused mostly on romance and comedy with a bit of drama to spice things up a bit. The quality of the routes varies quite a bit with Hinayu's being the weakest; it felt disjointed and it never resolved (or explained) a rather important (or so it seemed) part of the it's plot. Uduki's and Annemarie's route were pretty nice overall, but since their focus were their respective heroine so the main plot of the game was completely forgotten which bring us to Akari's route which was easily the best; her route is directly linked to the main plot so it resolves it entirely. It also inherits those themes that made the common route so enjoyable, adding romance and ichaicha to the mix. It may be a bit biased since Akari is no doubt my fav. heroine, she's just too lovely.

The fandisc had short stories for all the girls and extra events you can unlock by changing the date of your clock to the heroines's birthday or christmas eve. As for the PSP ver. besides the route for the protagonist's little sister Sorano, it doesn't add much new material for the four original heroines which was a bit disappointing. Sorano's route was pretty good as it developed on her's and the main character's background as the princess and prince of their home planet.

So, after all that I'll say check it out if you are interested.
This is actually on my list of things to play, I think I'll move it up on my backlog since your review was helpful to me, thanks. It's nice to know that there's a decent amount of comedy in this, I wasn't really sure what to expect since 99% of the time I don't read the synopsis.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 08:36   Link #4011
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post

I didn't start Shoujo Shin'iki yet, and I'm hearing many negative comments about it. It doesn't bother me, but I'm wondering, is the game really worth playing? I don't mind putting a delay on playing it, but there's something I'd like to know. I don't mind minor spoilers, I've already seen all the CGs of the game.

Should I take those above quotes are implying that Sana is not a brocon? That would be a little let down, but it really depends how her character is played out.
She is a very deredere, brocon and childish imouto. Unfortunately the game doesn't actually develop Shun's relationship with Sana romantically.
Spoiler for Sana:

As for the game itself, I don't think it was that bad. In fact I find it quite good (with some nice surprises) up untill the ending , especially if you like the characters. I thought that the main heroines were all very likable and some side characters were also very good.

But my problems with this were the endings, lots of unlikable side characters and that almost every route is the same. Because it essentially has 1 route with some variations on the endings and some events if you go for a specific heroine
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by hyl; 2013-05-15 at 08:57.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:46   Link #4012
blitz1/2

Quote:
She is a very deredere, brocon and childish imouto. Unfortunately the game doesn't actually develop Shun's relationship with Sana romantically.
Spoiler for Sana:

As for the game itself, I don't think it was that bad. In fact I find it quite good (with some nice surprises) up untill the ending , especially if you like the characters. I thought that the main heroines were all very likable and some side characters were also very good.

But my problems with this were the endings, lots of unlikable side characters and that almost every route is the same. Because it essentially has 1 route with some variations on the endings and some events if you go for a specific heroine
Spoiler for spoiler:
I guess it's like 11eyes then with the endings.

Old 2013-05-15, 12:55   Link #4013
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I guess it's like 11eyes then with the endings.
Both games are made by Lass
Old 2013-05-16, 18:33   Link #4014
blitz1/2

Does Shoujo Shin'iki at least make references to any of the prev. Lass's games, I was hoping there would be some connection like 3days to 11eyes.

Old 2013-05-16, 18:43   Link #4015
hyl
reading #hikaributts

It's not much of a reference but rather a very minor cameo.
Spoiler for spoiler:

edit:
I am aware that Honoka has the same last name as a certain glasses wearing character from 11eyes, but that is IMO not a good reference to their past games.
And I haven't played other lass games aside from 11eyes to notice possible other cameos or references though

Last edited by hyl; 2013-05-16 at 19:06. Reason: typo
Old 2013-05-17, 08:20   Link #4016
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
It's not much of a reference but rather a very minor cameo.
Spoiler for spoiler:

edit:
I am aware that Honoka has the same last name as a certain glasses wearing character from 11eyes, but that is IMO not a good reference to their past games.
And I haven't played other lass games aside from 11eyes to notice possible other cameos or references though
Which game is this?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 08:39   Link #4017
hyl
reading #hikaributts

My last post was directed to this one
Quote:
Does Shoujo Shin'iki at least make references to any of the prev. Lass's games, I was hoping there would be some connection like 3days to 11eyes.
Old 2013-05-22, 16:58   Link #4018
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Still going through the backlog. I picked Studio Ryukocha's most recent title: Shukufuku no Kane no Oto wa, Sakura-iro no Kaze to Tomo ni. Already finished three out of the four routes.

There is not much to be said about this game. It's just the standard love-comedy themed eroge and nothing really stands out. Sure, is not a bad game (over average?), but it's just too normal when comparing it their previous game: KoiSora.

A tolerable MC, cute heroines, some comedy, the standard romance, some nice, but short-lived drama and a generic plot. It's a safe game to pick if you have the time, but nothing memorable. Hopefully, the company will put a little more effort in their next title.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:29   Link #4019
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Unexpectedly having a hell of a lot of fun time playing Demonion. I'm reminded of my Sudukuri Dragon days, but having this hammy, cheesy, hetare of a Maou and his demon maids who view him with contempt and his heroine captures with jealousy, takes the freaking cake. I can't help but have fun with it (even if the gameplay is a bit rudimentary).
Old 2013-05-24, 22:40   Link #4020
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I must be under some sort of banchou fever because after I finished Koiseyo Imouto Banchou, I decided I might try another game with banchous, so I started Tsujidou-san no Junai Road.

So...... cute......

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel