AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-03-12, 15:37   Link #601
Zippicus

I'm not really defending Kaku here, but man some of you guys just heard what you wanted to hear out of that interview lol. I'd suggest you watch it again and try to be objective this time.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 15:45   Link #602
chaos_animagic

I just woke up, looked around the thread a bit.

But WOW...
Pearl Harbor?
WWII?

Japan didn't start WWII... it was already started, Japan just forward it...
And Pearl Harbor? Seriously?
To counter that, easily, NUCLEAR BOMB (who throw it? US did... that's way worse than what they did to Pearl Harbor)
In all... WE OWE JAPAN, they actually suffered more than we did.

DANG... people need to start learning about the "real" history... it's like everyone on that channel got brainwashed...

Also... I just realized there was an anime that's similar to this a while ago... called:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
... as quoted by another guy "Shit got Real"

ON real Topic.
It seems the reactor is safe for now, they're using salt water and it seems to be decreasing the radiation level.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 15:49   Link #603
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I just woke up, looked around the thread a bit.

But WOW...
Pearl Harbor?
Spoiler for tired of seeing this part repeated:
Well..that's not quite correct either but this isn't the History lesson place.

Quote:
Also... I just realized there was an anime that's similar to this a while ago... called:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
It didn't include a Tsunami, but it was a good "educational story" on how individuals and people respond to disasters of this kind. I thought about it as I watched clips of millions of Tokyo-ites walking home (hours and hours) because the trains were stopped.

Quote:
ON real Topic.
It seems the reactor is safe for now, they're using salt water and it seems to be decreasing the radiation level.
Well.. there was an explosion at one plant -- best guess is a hydrogen build up plus a spark that destroyed the outer building roof and walls, but the containment system itself is still handled via creative engineering.
Old 2011-03-12, 15:51   Link #604
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

did Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 have pearl harbor thing?

OT: pretty much nearly everything is under control now both nuclear, tsunami and earthquake. but anything can turn the table around

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 15:57   Link #605
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Trying to remember if the earthquake in Haiti or Peru got this much speculation, drama, mass miscommunication and every 2-bit "expert" trying to get a piece with their view (in this case tho, on a nuclear "meltdown").
It sure makes for juicy news when a majority aren't in the country itself, away from danger I guess *sighs*

Survived the night (just about what with it constantly shaking when trying to sleep above ground level on your own), and Rio is thankfully okay, so I'm relieved now. She had lost power for a while but got it restored hence she can get in touch.
It now accounts for all the people I know in the Miyagi area except for one of my students who's also in the J-tai, but sadly his hometown is Sendai. (Hopefully not the area that got destroyed). His family were (still are?) planning to move from Tokyo back up there at end of March, but goodness knows what state they're going to move to now.

To think that last week, we were planning to celebrate (go out for drinks) the end of the working/educational year with Spring and new chapters in our lives, but now, I'm sure most of us in April will just be thankful that we're alive however, still pretty beat down a lil spiritually.
(Or we'll totally get wasted under the sakura trees, thankful for just being alive)

Eitherway, I'll leave the speculation and randomness back to the board, just putting my bit to account for Rio and me and how we're getting on.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 16:02   Link #606
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I do believe that most Koreans are just being tsundere/kuudere about it. Despite all their rows and differences, Koreans and Japanese only duke out the row on 2ch. Otherwise, why do they still sell each other's manga in their local bookshops? And why is Freezing animated despite being a Korean manga, and most of other Japanese manga had much better oppai and pantsu available?

Nonetheless, it will be another misunderstanding which will be potential fuel for extremist nationalism.
Lets just say my grandma, who lived through Japanese occupation era as a young girl, feels it is a tragedy and hope that Japanese people will be aright. So if my grandma feels like that I would think most Koreans feel sympathy towards it.
Old 2011-03-12, 16:32   Link #607
chaos_animagic

BTW, here's the updated list of Mangaka and Seiyuu
http://azurekitsune.livejournal.com/34345.html

and again... the celebrities list
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/03/in-...firmed-safety/

Death Toll: 1300+ Confirmed

Japanese Red Cross says it has sent 62 teams including 400 doctors and nurses into the quake-hit area, the worst area hit, also the most dangerous area.
And reports says that a lot of "villages" was completely wiped off... everyone from those villages is assumed dead. (possibly around 100-300 people each village)

Edit:
O oh...

"The emergency cooling system is no longer functioning at the Fukushima No. 3 reactor, an official from Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Told Jurnalists"

That... doesn't look good...
Old 2011-03-12, 16:42   Link #608
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Japan's nuclear safety agency says Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant No. 3 reactor's emergency cooling system not functioning

Japan nuclear safety agency says the number of people possibly exposed to radiation from Fukushima plant could reach 160

Old 2011-03-12, 17:02   Link #609
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
"The emergency cooling system is no longer functioning at the Fukushima No. 3 reactor, an official from Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Told Jurnalists"

That... doesn't look good...
It's exactly what happened at the last two reactors. It'll be fine.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 17:10   Link #610
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Don't know if this has been mentioned but ANN has a page up now where they are continually updating the members of the Japanese, game and manga industry that have checked in as well as anybody from the American side of the industry who were in Japan at the time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 17:18   Link #611
chaos_animagic

Meh, it's the same as the 2 links I posted.

Tho... it's still useful, more info the better.
Old 2011-03-12, 17:35   Link #612
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

come on fallout 3! .... seriously this sucks.. and people who mention Pearl harbor should be strapped up to a wall and wiped a few times in the ass.
Old 2011-03-12, 17:47   Link #613
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
This is fucked.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 17:52   Link #614
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
come on fallout 3! .... seriously this sucks.. and people who mention Pearl harbor should be strapped up to a wall and wiped a few times in the ass.

Agreed!

When I first heard about this, I immediately ran to Arina Tanemura's twitter to make sure she was okay. Poor thing wrote she was scared to tears and quite in shock.

This whole thing was very upsetting. Seeing all those houses and buildings just swept away by that ugly brown water on TV was a terrifying sight for me.
Old 2011-03-12, 18:03   Link #615
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
The lights have been turned off at some of Japan's landmark buildings including the Tokyo Tower, Tsutenkaku Tower in Osaka, Rainbow Bridge in Tokyo and Bay Bridge in Yokohama, to help save electricity after the loss of the Fukushima nuclear plant, the Kyodo agency reports.

bytheway is not just american (like i said before this is not represent whole country)

http://www.6theory.com/forum/index.p...se-earthquake/
lol why is there a need to isolate Americans and Koreans as the sole source of trolling posts on the internet?

I've found troll posts in Chinese boards too, but that doesn't represent them as a whole either (you seem to understand this part).
I can tell you the majority on Korean boards have shown sympathy towards the incident (should this even be a surprise).
There's a big gap between hating each other for political reasons and wishing death on a nations people.

It's sort of hard to suppress the trolls when you've got net uyo on 2ch saying stuff like "please don't let Korean forces in for tsunami aid" and "watch your women and children in case zainichi decide to take advantage of this disaster." Does that mean Japanese are all ungrateful bastards? Obviously not.

Right wing keyboard warriors put their countries to shame really.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 18:13   Link #616
Tri-ring

Good morning.
Although it seems there are some trolling but a lot of people from abroad is doing everything they can.
Here are some comments from a personnel in the US Navy posted in another forum.

Quote:
We in the US military here in Japan are already providing assistance in many forms, life saving equipment, manpower, fuel, you name it. We're also deploying all of our helicopters and our ships capable of helo ops to the Sendai coast because that's what's needed most right now. It's great that so many other nations are offering to help but there's a difference between them and the US that's already on the ground with the goods providing the needed assistance the very day of the disaster. I've been on duty at work dealing with this disaster and our support to the GOJ since yesterday and will be up all night tonight on duty doing the same.

Our response package is still shaping up but it looks like we'll be many of our Yokosuka-based DDGs, Sasebo-based amphibs, and both carriers (GW and RR) to act as off-shore heliports and refueling stations. The RR will offload everything but C-2s and helos to Atsugi and take on as many Atsugi H60's as it can handle. Same goes for the GW. As you well know we're used to providing disaster relief for places like Thailand and the PI but never thought we'd be doing it at this scale so close to home...
The people of Japan are grateful for any and every help we receive to get us back on our feet from this nation wide disaster.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 18:19   Link #617
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Tokyo Disneyland to close for 10 days, concerts canceled after mega quake

Russia ready to increase LNG supplies to quake-hit Japan

reactor 3 reported to be mealtdown

Latest effort to cool reactor called "Hail Mary pass" by one expert

Japan's deputy secretary general, Yukio Edano, saying that fuel rods at TEPCO Fukushima nuclear plant No. 1 reactor now covered with water

Japan's TEPCO says it is preparing to release radiation from a second reactor

Old 2011-03-12, 18:23   Link #618
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
reactor 3 reported to be mealtdown
Um... this in the same way as the last two, or is this more serious?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 18:26   Link #619
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

technically same way, but it seem BIT worser (report say they bit to late because they focus on first reactor.)

13 People buried alive from landslide in Shirakawa, Japan.

Old 2011-03-12, 18:29   Link #620
haegar
mangaviking

I am surprised anybody could still be thinking this is not serious. I'll go to sleep. maybe in the morning the world will only be just as bad as it is now and no worse. that would be a surprise too but a better one.

Tags
disaster, japan, tsunami