Spoiler for it's out anyway:

got it right.
Spoiler:
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:44   Link #82
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yeah, I said what I said for the dramatic effect of it anyway.

Pretty much every ability of the GoM undergo a dilution effect anyway to 'somewhat explain the logic or to balance the overpoweredness' of their abilities. The big question is always in what direction does the dilution go.

Your Eyeshield comparisons are apt, but it seems like they're more in line of the 'application' of the eye technique, in that because of the 'Eye', Akashi is able to casually use center-gravity shifting techniques or act as if he has god-impulse. ( since he reacts before the action occurs ) There's probably more to the application side as well, given his foreboding words towards Kuroko.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 17:24   Link #83
Awrya
U mad?

180 is out.
Entertaining to read, but afterwards it left me with a 'Are you for real' feeling
Old 2012-11-18, 18:09   Link #84
Awrya
U mad?

190 is out.

The shot probably follows the same principle as the Phantom Drive, with Kagami focusing the opponents gaze on himself for a moment?
Old 2012-11-18, 21:05   Link #85
Aesthetic Shampoo

I feel sorry for Kise. He was the first of the Generation of miracles to be introduced so he's destined to always lose the significant matches...first match with Kagami, then with Aomine, and now with Kagami again.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 03:46   Link #86
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

http://www.jumpfesta.com/20121122.html
All Kuroko no Basket events in Jump Fest 2013 has been cancelled, as they recieved death threats.

The death-threat suspect has been sending lethal chemicals to Kuroko events around the nation, and this is the latest case. Shuueisha isn't going to take chances, and cancelled the stage play, booth, and all other Kuroko showings. They are also bringing heavy security to the upcoming Jump Fest.
Old 2013-02-22, 18:50   Link #87
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I knew Seirin would win here to set up their first match against Akashi. Still, the Superman-Dunk-to-Phantom-Shot combo was epic.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 22:59   Link #88
judasmartel
*Author

Okay, so what KnB moves exactly are POSSIBLE in real life, and who pulls that off on a REGULAR BASIS? I know misdirection is one, NBA PG's do that on a regular basis, but you just don't literally disappear in front of everyone on the court. You're still there, they just don't see you, so misdirection can be rendered useless if somebody marks Kuroko.

Somebody here explained that Midorima's full-court 3 is possible with enough practice but it's impractical to use on a regular basis in the NBA because of its hideous accuracy and opposing teams can just use full-court man-to-man defense, making it useless. But I still don't buy it.

Also, I don't really understand how people make a big deal about PoT having crazy ridiculous moves (though, to be fair, I have read pretty good explanations on how some PoT moves can be done IRL, and so is the case with KnB) and yet shrug off complaints about KnB being unrealistic and try to defend it by saying it's still based on real-life basketball despite defying the laws of physics. I mean, come on, who the hell pulls off Midorima's full-court three IN THE NBA, on a REGULAR BASIS, AND NOT JUST IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS OF A QUARTER OR GAME?.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-04-09 at 23:10.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 23:11   Link #89
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Okay, so what KnB moves exactly are POSSIBLE in real life, and who pulls that off on a REGULAR BASIS? I know misdirection is one, NBA PG's do that on a regular basis, but you just don't literally disappear in front of everyone on the court. You're still there, they just don't see you, so misdirection can be rendered useless if somebody marks Kuroko.

Somebody here explained that Midorima's full-court 3 is possible with enough practice but it's impractical to use on a regular basis in the NBA because of its hideous accuracy and opposing teams can just use full-court man-to-man defense, making it useless. But I still don't buy it.

Also, I don't really understand how people make a big deal about PoT having crazy ridiculous moves and yet shrug it off when they say KnB is unrealistic and try to defend it by saying it's still based on real-life basketball despite defying the laws of physics (I mean, come on, who the hell pulls off Midorima's full-court three IN THE NBA, on a REGULAR BASIS, AND NOT JUST AS A END-OF-QUARTER-OR-GAME HEAVE?).
If you can make full court 3 every time, you are the greatest player in the history of NBA. The players in Kuroko will dominate the NBA because of their impossible skills. POT was crazier, their skills was good enough to kill people. But Kuroko is still ridiculous. if there were people reading this for realism, they are looking at the wrong thing.

Really, when I first the saw Midorima's three I was literally laughing because of ridiculousness of it.
Rembmer shots like this is so rare in NBA
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-09, 23:17   Link #90
judasmartel
*Author

And it is NOT possible to pass the ball from the whole 94 feet to a teammate ON A FREAKING STRAIGHT LINE.

That is why in an original fic I'm planning to make, I'm looking for that balance between realistic and awesome. I think SD did it well, no crazy ridiculous moves like in KnB, just high school players playing at the NBA level.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 23:19   Link #91
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
And it is NOT possible to pass the ball from the whole 94 yards to a teammate ON A FREAKING STRAIGHT LINE.
Well that kinda pass attempt will just get stolen anyways, so yeah pretty pointless.
Quote:
That is why in an original fic I'm planning to make, I'm looking for that balance between realistic and awesome. I think SD did it well, no crazy ridiculous moves like in KnB, just high school players playing at the NBA level.
True, Slam Dunk aka the greatest manga ever, while wasn't too realistic, the level of the play was possible for human being.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:14   Link #92
LCeh

For a sports manga, I would say Slam Dunk is probably as realistic as it can get while keeping it entertaining and interesting. And I definitely agree, it is imo the greatest manga ever.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 23:12   Link #93
larethian

I've put off reading this for a while, but after seeing KnB getting into top 3 ranks in WSJ rather frequently these days, I resumed it last night. Boy, the bromance sure is strong, this series must be truly heaven for fujoshis

The last match before the flashback was certainly interesting, with the 2nd last chapter (or was it the last chapter) of the match giving KnB the first place in WSJ. Though running full court plus doing all those actions and speaking some lines in the last 4 seconds was little bit of a stretch to believe (but then again SD also had that), so oh well.

I agree KnB is really fantastical in many ways, but it's still way better than PoT, which has crossed into the realm of total magic. At least, the explanations in KnB were not unacceptable in a Shounen Jump battle manga and they were relatively well thought out imo. Having some explanation for Phantom Shot and misdirection in the recent chapters certainly made it better. I'm good with this as long as it doesn't become PoT level Hope the standard of the match's excitement continues.

Though I'm guessing that Seirin will lose the final and go into 2nd year arc.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 03:13   Link #94
larethian

latest chapter 211:
I really liked that extra bit on Momoi
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 12:01   Link #95
iamadooddood
NOM.

I see spiderwebs on this thread.

Anyway, I've read the flashbacks up to chapter 222. A lot of neat little reveals. Like how Akashi gained his Emperor's Eye. Also why he didn't teach Kuroko shooting.

Spoiler:
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 13:51   Link #96
Awrya
U mad?

So the reason Akashi told him improving his shooting is already unnecessary is because Kuroko can't create his own shot? While he could lose his defender, he'd still need a pass from his teammate, which can be described as team play.
Another reason is that they already have 5 scoring options and didn't need another?

Another thing, somehow Murasakibara and Kiyoshi's backstory doesn't really add up, the flashback in Ch.157 showed an almost 100 point difference, so it's safe to assume the miracles awakened their potential by that time. We know Murasakibara awakened his in his third year and since Kiyoshi is a year older, he should have been in the first year of high school, but the game took place in middle school.
Ch.96 implies they played against each other in the semi-finals and while the miracles were strong in their second year, they shouldn't have been able to completely dominate the opposing team like that.
Old 2013-07-19, 22:17   Link #97
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So the reason Akashi told him improving his shooting is already unnecessary is because Kuroko can't create his own shot? While he could lose his defender, he'd still need a pass from his teammate, which can be described as team play.
Another reason is that they already have 5 scoring options and didn't need another?

Another thing, somehow Murasakibara and Kiyoshi's backstory doesn't really add up, the flashback in Ch.157 showed an almost 100 point difference, so it's safe to assume the miracles awakened their potential by that time. We know Murasakibara awakened his in his third year and since Kiyoshi is a year older, he should have been in the first year of high school, but the game took place in middle school.
Ch.96 implies they played against each other in the semi-finals and while the miracles were strong in their second year, they shouldn't have been able to completely dominate the opposing team like that.
Yeah, I think it's the latter. They already have 5 guys who can score.

I think it was pretty much a given that even in their second year the GOM were already much stronger than their UG seniors, since otherwise they wouldn't have said that the UG were completely overshadowed by the GOM. There's just no way around it. And mind that back then the UG were from different teams so they were usually the aces of their team. All that's needed is for the GOM to crush their opponent's ace for an easy win.

The only thing shown in Kuroko's flashback to the semi-final in the GOM's second year in middle school was that Aomine ran rampant in the match. No mention of Murasakibara or Kiyoshi, although Aomine's performance could have helped Murasakibara to crush Kiyoshi somewhat, assuming that was really the match in question.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-07-19 at 22:35.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 04:10   Link #98
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:

Japanese middle school goes from 7th grade to 9th grade while their high school goes from 10th grade to 12th.

So while Murasakibara was in 8th grade Kiyoshi was in 9th grade which is still middle school in Japan.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:34   Link #99
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Japanese middle school goes from 7th grade to 9th grade while their high school goes from 10th grade to 12th.

So while Murasakibara was in 8th grade Kiyoshi was in 9th grade which is still middle school in Japan.
Instead of 8th grade, I use 2nd year (of middle school), with Kiyoshi being a year older and thus 9th grade, and I said the game took place in middle school.

But what I'm saying in my post is that when they played, the miracles in their 2nd year of middle school haven't awakened their potential yet (except Aomine), but still defeated Kiyoshi's team 148 - 51. It's a difference of 97 points, which I consider to be too big since at that time they were above-average to elite players, with Aomine towering over everyone else.
Old 2013-07-22, 06:14   Link #100
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Instead of 8th grade, I use 2nd year (of middle school), with Kiyoshi being a year older and thus 9th grade, and I said the game took place in middle school.

But what I'm saying in my post is that when they played, the miracles in their 2nd year of middle school haven't awakened their potential yet (except Aomine), but still defeated Kiyoshi's team 148 - 51. It's a difference of 97 points, which I consider to be too big since at that time they were above-average to elite players, with Aomine towering over everyone else.
Oh I see what you mean. I read it wrongly.

In which case I think iamadooddood has the most likely explanation.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, comedy