3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.56%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-24, 02:20   Link #81
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
By your definition then that'd means a lot of people have genocidal tendencies. You could say Americans were genocidal against the Japanese in WWII after Pearl Harbour. Did they hate the Japanese with fury? Sure. Did they want to wipe them out? Pretty sure they did. Did they actually carry it out? No. If you meet a guy that says all [color] people should die does that make him genocidal then?

I ask again.

Where has Flit actually gone through with such action?
Uhh...you could actually make a damn good case they were close to genocidal after firebombing Tokyo and numerous other civilian populations. America is the only country to have used a nuclear bomb in war, and guess who they used it on...twice. However, the target was always trying to intimidate the Russians rather than wiping out the Japanese, it was never an actual policy.

The US knew Japan was going to attack them and knew it was all in the course of business. The US was set to blockade Japanese forces and knew some kind of retaliatory action was coming, they just didn't expect it to be Pearl Harbor, watch Tora Tora Tora. The US government was racist and believed that whites were superior to asians, but the attack was just used as a convenient means to get the public into the war.

As for Flit...I like him a lot as a character but you're being willfully ignorant, sure he hasn't committed genocide, but he supports the death of every Vagan and sure as hell used as much of his influence as he could to support this goal. You don't need to make a damn doomsday device or even carry out the plan, if you support such a policy you are genocidal, it's that simple and you're just ignoring definitions because they don't match up with what you want to believe.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/genocidal?s=t

genocide (ˈdʒɛnəʊˌsaɪd)

— n
the policy of deliberately killing a nationality or ethnic group

geno'cidal

— adj
Liquidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:19   Link #82
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I was away with no internets for a week so I didn't catch up to this thread, @SoldierOfDarkness:

Yes alot of people were genocidal at some point of their lives, but they do not have genocidal tendencies, they had genocidal thoughts.

Sure as heck anyone of us would have thought at some point that some race should die or deserve death but we only had that genocidal thought for a moment.

But when one holds too strongly to his genocidal thoughts over a prolonged period of time and has attempted genocide, that's when genocidal thoughts become genocidal tendencies.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion