AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-07, 19:41   Link #1021
Johnny
Working the bags...

Actually he's been around girls all his life with a sister and childhood friend. At least he's been exposed and should know abit about girls. I went to an all boys school and an only child, but I wasn't an idiot like him when it came to girls. The writer is making him an extreme case to the max when he's being spouted as a typical teenage boy...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 20:27   Link #1022
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
honestly i think Haruto actually acts pretty realistic given his age being full of impusles and doubts. I know it's hard to imagine but being observers with all of Haruto's thoughts exposed to us our reception is somewhat out of the plot and therefor extremely abstract. To cut the matter short, I know I did stupid things when I was this age (even more dense than he actually) and I'm pretty sure you guys did too (or still do) so I somehow have to praise the series for being quite realistic, I mean try to put yourself in his shoes... he knows nothing ... it's easy for us to read the girls but for him? : no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Actually he's been around girls all his life with a sister and childhood friend. At least he's been exposed and should know abit about girls. I went to an all boys school and an only child, but I wasn't an idiot like him when it came to girls. The writer is making him an extreme case to the max when he's being spouted as a typical teenage boy...
Just because you are around girls doesn't mean you understand them, especially once they become teenagers.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:42   Link #1023
Justin Kim
*Artist

Well you can't blame him. He really doesn't know how to deal with girls, and he always has been watching the girls he likes from the sidelines which really doesn't help his personality at all either. That just complicates the way he deals, and talks with girls. I mean the example is already there, Haruto took a really long time too realize that Eba was trying to get him to dance with her.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:47   Link #1024
ShootingStars

are you guys like haruto in real life? nuff said
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 01:37   Link #1025
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
are you guys like haruto in real life? nuff said
LOL we are not like Haruto but Haruto acts like how most teenagers would act around the girls he likes. Everyone goes through that phase
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 22:55   Link #1026
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
LOL we are not like Haruto but Haruto acts like how most teenagers would act around the girls he likes. Everyone goes through that phase
haha true that
Old 2009-08-08, 23:59   Link #1027
Justin Kim
*Artist

Well I don't abuse girls like that >_>.
Old 2009-08-09, 00:16   Link #1028
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I don't get where any kind of abuse towards the girl comes from, can you enlighten me on this?

Well one thing about all males is we will never understand women plain and simple, its a law of nature that will forever be
Old 2009-08-09, 00:24   Link #1029
Who

^And women will always fail to realize we're not emotionally connected to them at all, in the beginning, middle and for most, the end.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 05:15   Link #1030
golthin

Quote:
haruto has not abused any of the girls. Actually, the problem is that he is TOO KIND to girls and they easilly fall in love with him.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 07:40   Link #1031
typhonsentra

Yeah I'm not getting what you mean by "Abusive" either. He yelled at Eba once in anger but I feel it was justified given the circumstance and punched Eba's brother but he kinda had it coming too.

I can't believe how people ignore how unfair Nanami was to Haruto throughout the entire series too. At least with Haruto it's understandable to me how he could misread how people will interpret his actions, not so much with her. When he confessed she ran away and didn't talk to him for like, a week? When she does she tells him she just wants to be friends and then turns around soon after telling him "Maybe" after he'd already accepted the break-up and strings him along for months on end. Hell, she even admits to Rin that she was stringing him along unfairly, and when she finally decides to break things off completely it's because.... their friend (Yes, the girl she's jealous of but still her friend.) got lost at the festival and he went looking for her.

She complained about feeling insecure over him "Always" picking Eba over her (Not really true but whenever he did pick time with Nanami over Eba she never knew about it.) but the fact is, both times he "Picked" her were both simply because Eba's problems were both much more serious and he would've been a bit of a monster had he ignored her to spend time with his insecure crush.

Eba isn't innocent either though, she now knows he likes her too (Or at least has a good hunch) but is now intentionally ("I dunno what I'd do if sempai asked me out!") playing games to make him jealous and then has the audacity to get mad at him when he questions whether she still likes him? Kirukawa, I feel bad for her but he really did nothing at all to lead her on and she won't listen to him any time he tries to fix it either.

Edit: And just want to point out, the only instance of physical abuse between him and a girl was when Nanami slapped him, which I thought was completely uncalled for and reminded me very much of Suzuka who she just so happens to look like.... God I hope he doesn't end up with a psycho like Nanami/Suzuka when this is over.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-08-09 at 17:46.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:34   Link #1032
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Yeah I'm not getting what you mean by "Abusive" either. He yelled at Eba once in anger but I feel it was justified given the circumstance and punched Eba's brother but he kinda had it coming too.

I can't believe how people ignore how unfair Nanami was to Haruto throughout the entire series too. At least with Haruto it's understandable to me how he could misread how people will interpret his actions, not so much with her. When he confessed she ran away and didn't talk to him for like, a week? When she does she tells him she just wants to be friends and then turns around soon after telling him "Maybe" after he'd already accepted the break-up and strings him along for months on end. Hell, she even admits to Rin that she was stringing him along unfairly, and when she finally decides to break things off completely it's because.... their friend (Yes, the girl she's jealous of but still her friend.) got lost at the festival and he went looking for her.

She complained about feeling insecure over him "Always" picking Eba over her (Not really true but whenever he did pick time with Nanami over Eba she never knew about it.) but the fact is, both times he "Picked" her were both simply because Eba's problems were both much more serious and he would've been a bit of a monster had he ignored her to spend time with his insecure crush.

Eba isn't innocent either though, she now knows he likes her too (Or at least has a good hunch) but is now intentionally ("I dunno what I'd do if sempai asked me out!") playing games to make him jealous and then has the audacity to get mad at him when he questions whether she still likes him? Kirukawa, I feel bad for her but he really did nothing at all to lead her on and she won't listen to him any time he tries to fix it either.
Totally agreed dude! The girls in this manga are really complex and I sympathise with Haruto and I have said so in my other posts but Haruto isn't completely free of blame either.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-08-09 at 16:42.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:41   Link #1033
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Totally agreed dude! The girls in this manga are really complex and I symathise with Haruto and I have said so in my other posts but Haruto isn't completely free of blame either.
He is a guilty of many things, but calling him abusive is one thing that he is not.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 17:09   Link #1034
Gibber

I just finished up to the current chapter and I don't think it's as bad as everyone is complaining about. To me, it's the girls that are more annoying than Haruto and Haruto is just slow. Well, I'm enjoying the series.
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:44   Link #1035
Johnny
Working the bags...

How can anyone be more annoying than Haruto? His whining for 50+ chapters has the girl's behaviour beat by a longshot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:49   Link #1036
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
How can anyone be more annoying than Haruto? His whining for 50+ chapters has the girl's behaviour beat by a longshot...
at least yamato took some action
unlike this kid... hes got like 3 girls around him
Old 2009-08-09, 20:05   Link #1037
Justin Kim
*Artist

Haruto is what you would call an introvert. He just really thinks to himself alot.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:16   Link #1038
ShootingStars

Quote:
Haruto is what you would call an introvert. He just really thinks to himself alot.
I used to be one, MINUS the girls
I would have crushes, but never TALK to them because was afraid the other would hate me/think I am wierd haha
I got a lot of confidence today ever since I watched the Suzuka anime HAHA!
Old 2009-08-09, 20:39   Link #1039
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
at least yamato took some action
unlike this kid... hes got like 3 girls around him
Yeah, Yamato took action alright. He spent 3 years pursuing a girl who gave him little to no affection and once they were together she was both physically and emotionally abusive to him through 90% of the relationship shown in the comic interspersed with rare encouragement.

Haruto knew when to move on, the girl had hang-ups regarding his living situation of which he had little to no control over. That IS NOT a bad thing. I repeat:

That. Is. Not. A. Bad. Thing.

If anything he should be commended for being far more reasonable than this author's previous male lead.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 20:48   Link #1040
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Yeah, Yamato took action alright. He spent 3 years pursuing a girl who gave him little to no affection and once they were together she was both physically and emotionally abusive to him through 90% of the relationship shown in the comic interspersed with rare encouragement.

Haruto knew when to move on, the girl had hang-ups regarding his living situation of which he had little to no control over. That IS NOT a bad thing. I repeat:

That. Is. Not. A. Bad. Thing.

If anything he should be commended for being far more reasonable than this author's previous male lead.
lulz

Haruto move on with EBA please, any other girl will do for my wishes!

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life