AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 11:15   Link #81
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It's been ages since then though and, personally, I think it's better to just list her as dead - it's just been too long and I'd rather not see her suddenly show up and reveal to everyone that she's alive, particularly in the middle of saving somebody.
It was awesome when Irene did that

But i don't think people care enough about Renee to actually want her back anyways. Most people, like me, just want a reliable confirmation whether or not she is dead. Although now I think she is dead.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-29, 12:07   Link #82
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

I think that, when Yagi introduced her into the story, he actually had a more important role planned for Renee, but later decided to drop it and chose to give her an off-screen death. It's also probable that she was going to die relatively soon from the start, but not before doing something actually meaningful, because in the end she was just used as a plot device in order to explain some brief details and that's it.
Old 2011-12-29, 12:29   Link #83
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
I think that, when Yagi introduced her into the story, he actually had a more important role planned for Renee, but later decided to drop it and chose to give her an off-screen death. It's also probable that she was going to die relatively soon from the start, but not before doing something actually meaningful, because in the end she was just used as a plot device in order to explain some brief details and that's it.
As much as I hate characters like that, especially as I've said here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=683,http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=662]), I can't deny what you're saying - I also get the same impression that something strange happened to Renee: Yagi may at one point have had a much bigger future planned out for her and, somewhere along the line, something happened and she got "aborted" early.

I can only hope Clarice/Miata and the other relatively new characters don't share the same fate - nothing is more frustrating then potentially and initially amazing characters getting cut off early; then again, with other people like MisterJB and I's past theories on Isley and Riful joining the Ghosts, that's nothing good...

I guess it's personal when it comes to wondering whether a character has become as good as they could be and it's better to just kill them off; usually such things are tied with their "mission" and whether or not they've completed it, as I've said in that post. Even if they "have" one and completed it, that doesn't necessarily mean they can't become anymore interesting and still contribute to the plot.

Makes me suddenly think on Irene and several others - what would it be like if they were still around.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-29 at 13:09.
Old 2011-12-29, 13:01   Link #84
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I think Renee's role was played out. The only thing that I think could have possibly changed is maybe Galatea will have a larger role soon, possibly a role Renee was supposed to fill.

Other than that, could she have merged into the Blob? It did cover a pretty big area. I remember reading those chapters so long ago, and thinking Renee would meet Clare and let her know of Raki. I thought that was her purpose. If she is merged in that thing, then maybe that can still happen. Still, that may not be a full "role," since I honestly think her serving as suspense for a Raki and Clare reunion, then dying is better.

Renee to me was nothing more than a new generation claymore who had no idea what she was in for. She showed that the new generation was tough and resilient, but still mortal.
Old 2011-12-29, 14:22   Link #85
Gooral
Banned

Chapters out !!!
Old 2011-12-29, 14:34   Link #86
little_angel
Watching From Above

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but after reading the chapter I saw something I'm not sure about which is the symbol on the sword that is in Hysteria it is the same as her symbol !! Having checked again I just dont know if it is hers or not. It is best seen in page 9 I think. And Nike also lost a part of her leg poor Nike.

Edit: After reading the chapter not a bad chapter. I liked it actually better than the last one at least we know now why Hysteria looks like this.

Last edited by little_angel; 2011-12-29 at 16:00.
Old 2011-12-29, 14:36   Link #87
White Silver King
The Isley

I don't remember Clare's awakened legs "stabbing" the ground, in fact she had 0 traction. So I have no idea what they're talking about.
Old 2011-12-29, 14:45   Link #88
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I don't remember Clare's awakened legs "stabbing" the ground, in fact she had 0 traction. So I have no idea what they're talking about.
That's exactly what they're talking about. Clare had 0 traction and she had no control over her movements. Only after awakening her left arm did she manage to control her speed.
Old 2011-12-29, 14:51   Link #89
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I told you MisterJB that Miria (or any speed freak) wouldn't awaken into a cheetah or cat.

Its all about traction (that makes them awaken ugly after being called elegant ) at least her form now makes more sence and is more menecing

Neat idea, withholding judgement for the moment though, since I want time to reread the chapter a few times. A bit tired atm (operating on just a few hours sleep over the past few days (stupid painters making too much noise)) so trying to work out her movement in my mind...

I cant recall who but Im swearing someone told us they awaken (Miria) into a bug way back when I first signed up... and speaking of I singed up here as ch 91 got released so how did you and Shieky talk about Isley joining the ghosts after he was already dead? Since Shieky joined the month after I did
Old 2011-12-29, 15:06   Link #90
MisterJB
Warden of the West

And while all this is going on, the only thing I can think about is how there is yet another Abyssal vs Abyssal fight happening offscreen that I'd much rather witness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I told you MisterJB that Miria (or any speed freak) wouldn't awaken into a cheetah or cat.

Quote:
I cant recall who but Im swearing someone told us they awaken (Miria) into a bug way back when I first signed up... and speaking of I singed up here as ch 91 got released so how did you and Shieky talk about Isley joining the ghosts after he was already dead? Since Shieky joined the month after I did
We were probrably in denial, thinking that he had survived.
Ah, the idiocies of youth
Old 2011-12-29, 15:10   Link #91
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
And while all this is going on, the only thing I can think about is how there is yet another Abyssal vs Abyssal fight hapenning offscreen that I'd much rather witness.
QFT

Quote:
Spoiler:

We were probrably in denial, thinking that he had survived.
Ah, the idiocies of youth
right now I remember... though i think it was a "why didnt yagi do this instead" discussion

I think most of us joined in and now we're whinning about teamwork being lame... maybe its a good thing Isley died when he did Id hate to see him talking about saving people. Oh the irony
Old 2011-12-29, 15:19   Link #92
Gooral
Banned

Surprisingly, I liked this chapter (gave it a 7). Even though it was short it was action packed and at least Clare was mentioned. I'm hoping it's an omen of waking up the beast. We also know what wings were for. Their only purpose was to allow Yagi to give this chapter a cool title . I must give it to Yagi, it was a nice touch. Not only that, it was also a distraction so that readers wouldn't connect the dots and think about Clare's form and traction. Nicely planned Yagi, nicely planned.

About these half-scissors-blades and recoil, I'm not sure it's their purpose, I don't think so. Although it would be another interesting thing. Now that I think about it, every AB could increase their speed greatly if they would revert to human form (and lose mass) during their running and could revert their awakened legs last since they would accelerate greatly. But loss of mass would also trigger something else as Aimless has once ago pointed out so don't mind my rambling.

One other thing, I don't understand why Cynthia was even needed to calm Miria's youki. After all Miria could fight in such state for several minutes and not awaken so why couldn't she tone down herself? She had the will and strength to not awaken but not a will to step down? Is it really easier to maintain over 80% release than tone down? I know that beyond 80% Claymores should be able to go back but that was proven wrong long ago by several warriors.

On a side note, Dr. Deneve looks a bit like a monkey with those ears . Yagi could have at least made them smaller and not so protruding.

Anyway:
Dee > Cynthia > Anastasia > Helen > Yuma > Miria > Deneve > Nike

Guess what I based my ranking on.
Old 2011-12-29, 15:20   Link #93
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I reread last chapter and then this one again. I like how I didn't notice at the end of last chapter the ghosts said that if Miria awakened, they "wouldn't stand a chance." So, I'm assuming 3 Abyssals somehow means they do stand a chance, and they can certainly beat this one. Now, for the end of this chapter, what exactly was the point of "What is it that Miria is remembering?" Didn't she just explain what she remembered about Clare, and the War in the North...?

Anyway, now I'm wondering how exactly the Ghosts can beat her, if they can. This could also possibly be what Miria is remembering. Perhaps she is remembering how Clare was beating herself up without traction. Maybe they can mess up Hysteria's traction, causing her to do damage to herself due to her extremely high speed. I can't imagine them escaping at this point.

Also, I only thought this chapter was average at best. I couldn't rate it higher than last chapter even if it had more action, and progress. But, I really think that things will get back up there soon, tops by March. I'm starting to feel that "these characters are helpless" feeling that I've always liked from Claymore. It's just not quite there yet.
Old 2011-12-29, 15:27   Link #94
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really hate the holiday Claymore chapters. They are just so short. I'd rather skip a month and get a good length chapter.

Anyway, I didn't expect everyone to learn how to float but boy did they underestimate their opponent.

WHERE'S CLARE!?
Old 2011-12-29, 15:38   Link #95
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I acually liked the chapter. I think i will give it an 8 overall. The fighting scenes were pretty cool. Hysteria isd super fast, i don't know how the Ghosts will be able to fight her.

Its too bad the chapter was so short.

And I still miss Clare

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-29, 15:44   Link #96
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I really hate the holiday Claymore chapters. They are just so short. I'd rather skip a month and get a good length chapter.

Anyway, I didn't expect everyone to learn how to float but boy did they underestimate their opponent.

WHERE'S CLARE!?
They're not floating, they're making use of Anastasia's technique: using her hair as wires.
Old 2011-12-29, 15:46   Link #97
Arlenis
Of Lights

She really is in perpetually HELLegant. She went from being Hysteria the Elegant to Hysteria the HELLegant; insidious even, though I may reserve that title for Roxanna. I STILL am not understanding why she shot off those prongs near the end! Someone please, please explain because I don't feel the chapter did.
Old 2011-12-29, 15:54   Link #98
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
She really is in perpetually HELLegant. She went from being Hysteria the Elegant to Hysteria the HELLegant; insidious even, though I may reserve that title for Roxanna. I STILL am not understanding why she shot off those prongs near the end! Someone please, please explain because I don't feel the chapter did.
From what i understand she is using the recoil of the prongs to move her while she was in the air. She fired the prongs in a certain direction so she could accelerate in the opposite direction, in mid air.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-29, 15:56   Link #99
haegar
mangaviking

*sniff* poor rene. he could have cut of her hair if he was fed up with doing all the dreadlocks :/

I just got home and chap is there. will indulge in that before catching up on the last page of thread...
Old 2011-12-29, 16:03   Link #100
Arlenis
Of Lights

No, no, no, no. From what I see...she has the prongs on her the whole time up until after we SEE her shoot them out.