AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 12:04   Link #261
gbatemper

I forgot, which volume did Yuuya get rid of his "I HATE MY JAPANESE BLOOD FUCK ALL JAPANESE" complex?
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:59   Link #262
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yet another general question on the setting. I think someone mentioned a few pages back that humanity basically had little over a decade left before getting completely annihilated. Was there even a passing reference about how the dwindling population problem due to attrition was being handled as of the "present day" of the setting (which I assume is around 2003-2006)? Is there a general loosening of social norms ala Cthulhu Tech (where the age of consent practically plummeted to around, uhm, 11), or is there a system like that in Cadia (from 40k, which has close to 100% mobilization) where personnel are regularly cycled from the front line for mandatory "procreation" time?
Old 2012-07-17, 13:34   Link #263
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yet another general question on the setting. I think someone mentioned a few pages back that humanity basically had little over a decade left before getting completely annihilated. Was there even a passing reference about how the dwindling population problem due to attrition was being handled as of the "present day" of the setting (which I assume is around 2003-2006)? Is there a general loosening of social norms ala Cthulhu Tech (where the age of consent practically plummeted to around, uhm, 11), or is there a system like that in Cadia (from 40k, which has close to 100% mobilization) where personnel are regularly cycled from the front line for mandatory "procreation" time?
In one side story, one country is actually starting to recruit 10 year olds.

Thats just how desperate the situation had become.

And the 10-years time limit has to do with both a dwindling population capable of fighting (and finding people whom are physical fit enough to pilot TSFs) as well as rapidly decreasing resources to fuel the war effort.

Remember bullets and other war material have to come from somewhere, and are finite.
Old 2012-07-17, 15:32   Link #264
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
I forgot, which volume did Yuuya get rid of his "I HATE MY JAPANESE BLOOD FUCK ALL JAPANESE" complex?
That is a recurring event as the story progresses. His opinion changes little by little, but by volume 4, he's pretty much indifferent and his heritage does not bother him that much anymore, thanks to Yui.

As for the anime, anyone else worried about how it will end? Volume 5 ended with a cliffhanger, and I can only expect nothing but an original ending for the anime.
Sendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 17:42   Link #265
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for TDA, year 2005 of the Unlimited Timeline:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 18:06   Link #266
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So it is like Cthulhu Tech's situation then. Huh, I wonder if societal expectations have also adapted due to the desperate situation like there as well? People don't even blink anymore at single parentage or young pregnancy in THAT one.

The irony. In Cthulhu Tech Juneau is overrun, Canada is under threat, all of the oceans are the territory of the Esoteric Order of Dagon, China and Russia has fallen to the Rapine Storm, and Antarctica is ground zero for the hive ship of the Migou. Eastern Europe is one big front line, and Australia is isolated.

In short, that world is pretty much screwed too.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-07-17 at 20:39.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 20:18   Link #267
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I don't think its on that level yet..
Spoiler for ML: TDA01:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:04   Link #268
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for TDA:
Old 2012-07-17, 21:23   Link #269
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Spoiler for TDA:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-07-17, 22:11   Link #270
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Spoiler for TDA:
Spoiler for TDA1:

EDIT:

I almost forgot. Do NOT close the window even after the ending credits roll for TDA01 (And 02 later on). Your jaws will drop at the very last scene, I can guarantee you that.
Old 2012-07-17, 22:42   Link #271
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoiler for TDA1:

EDIT:

I almost forgot. Do NOT close the window even after the ending credits roll for TDA01 (And 02 later on). Your jaws will drop at the very last scene, I can guarantee you that.
Spoiler for TDA:

Old 2012-07-17, 23:05   Link #272
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

About BETA as food

Spoiler for Orange drink:

Old 2012-07-17, 23:11   Link #273
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I dunno, I think it's more likely that rather than recycled BETA, it's likely corpse starch territory there. Either way, it's not very enticing, but when one is pushed to the brink...

Also, tang. *plays Komm Susser Todd*
Old 2012-07-17, 23:30   Link #274
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for TDA:
Spoiler for TDA:

Quote:
About BETA as food

Spoiler for Orange drink:
Oh... You mean that drink that Touko loves so much? XD
I guess that explains why it was disgusting according to the bratty savior. Seriously, I hope its a joke like you said.

While I'm at it... Is anyone here collecting Muv-Luv merchandise?

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-17 at 23:42.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:15   Link #275
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Spoiler for TDA:
Spoiler for TDA:

Quote:
Oh... You mean that drink that Touko loves so much? XD
I guess that explains why it was disgusting according to the bratty savior. Seriously, I hope its a joke like you said.

While I'm at it... Is anyone here collecting Muv-Luv merchandise?
Yup, lots to collect. I made a list somewhere on the forums before...

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-18 at 01:27.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:12   Link #276
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Spoiler for TDA:

hmmm is that Shirogame Takeru i thought he jumped back into his original universe ???I guess it can't help to feel sympathy to that guy , he living yet dead inside , can't be help everything dear to him is dead
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:18   Link #277
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
hmmm is that Shirogame Takeru i thought he jumped back into his original universe ???I guess it can't help to feel sympathy to that guy , he living yet dead inside , can't be help everything dear to him is dead
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-18, 02:32   Link #278
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Spoiler:
wait .... unless theres some kind of string theory going on ( which make my head hurts ) does it meant after Takeru left the unlimited verse he left a physical copy in that parallel world and was sent back to the alternative verse ?
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 03:43   Link #279
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
wait .... unless theres some kind of string theory going on ( which make my head hurts ) does it meant after Takeru left the unlimited verse he left a physical copy in that parallel world and was sent back to the alternative verse ?
He never left the UL world, really.

Spoiler:

AL world doesn't really happen until our "I hit the goddamn reset and start over with current level retained button" super-Takeru-chan comes to the scene.
Pretty much everything up to that point is yet another version of UL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't read TDA.
I'm assuming the timeline of the above scene is UL timeline, after Alternative Five took off, and Takeru is left on Earth with the rest of humanity.

Spoiler:

Either way it is, it's not the AL-Takeru we know, kaizer.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-07-18 at 03:59.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 03:46   Link #280
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW...any news as of yet when the TE anime ED single is released? I can't remember...

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto