AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 06:44   Link #61
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I can't say I am one to often feel like this towards series, but Kuroneko for Ore no Imouto is definitely one show saver, as I don't think I would have bared to finish the series had she not been in it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 14:34   Link #62
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I can't say I am one to often feel like this towards series, but Kuroneko for Ore no Imouto is definitely one show saver, as I don't think I would have bared to finish the series had she not been in it.
But how could you hate Ayase? She's this violent yandere bit-

Ok, yeah. I get what you're saying.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:06   Link #63
Puddingman

I really didn't care for Daichi from Dennou Coil. I was soo into the things with Isako, Ken, Fumie and Yasako that it made me GRRRRRRR when he was taking up time from the others >_>

But that said, I still watched everything and <3'd it.
Old 2013-09-09, 22:40   Link #64
Miraluka
Banned

Magistrate Kuroageha from Mushibugyo, one of the MC of the series, once she joined to the cast the series got SOOO MUCH BETTER. Basically when she enters in screentime and interacts with the other guy MC you can see butterflies flying, bubbles and sparkles around them and you just can't avoid going NNNNGHHH over her *-*.

A show maker.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 09:07   Link #65
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Right now my viewing experience of Hyperdimention Neptunia consists of just watching Iris Heart scenes and skimming the rest on fast forward. Need my dose of sadist Hanakana even if the rest of the show doesn't interest me.

Last edited by totoum; 2013-09-10 at 09:21.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:39   Link #66
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

More scene stealers:

Makoto and Rei(Free): I know this is supposedly Haru's show, but seriously? These two are the best. Especially Makoto. Also, Gou for being one of the few normal teenage girls that I've seen in anime.

Misaki(Kamisama Kiss): He cracks me up.

Gino(Psycho Pass): He got really hot in the end. Amazing without glasses.

Sakamoto, Hakase and Nano(Nichijou): man, I don't care what anyone says: They STOLE that series
Old 2013-09-16, 21:12   Link #67
DaSilverShadow

For me these 2 "special" characters exist in 1 anime and its called Mirai Nikki lol. Gasai Yuno is so wonderfully insane that I wanna see more Yuno rampage and Yuki obsession but Yuki is just sooooooo UGHHHHH. The Ninth diary holder was pretty cool to as well as Akise but then Yuki appears on the screen and the mood just gets ruined.
DaSilverShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:01   Link #68
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Yeaaaah... Kuroneko was a pretty awesome character. She sold her "dark denizen" bits throughout the series. Saori too was pretty great in the second season. Honestly, Kuroneko in the first and both in the second were the only reason I watched Oreimo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Gino(Psycho Pass): He got really hot in the end. Amazing without glasses.
Call me biased but I prefer glasses characters with glasses. Hell, I hate myself without glasses. Gino did grow on me towards the end though. Personally Akane won that series in every way for me, which is not to say that I disliked Psycho Pass. She was really the icing on the cake as a strong lead.

As far as The World God Only Knows is concerned, despite all my love for that series it pales in comparison to how much I appreciate Ayumi. Out of all the romance anime I've watched and all the various romance subplots and what have you, she's always been the most memorable heroine for me. She strikes me as a great balance of anger, rationale, and independence while maintaining a characteristic of compassion. I suppose I give a lot of credit because unlike many characters that exist for one range of emotions (tsundere all day err day!), she actually does a bit of everything and in her own way. What can I say? I dig logic and sanity in a heroine.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:00   Link #69
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmmm... I think I need to differentiate between characters that save a show and those that are the show.

For example:

Felli Loss is the real reason I watched Chrome Shelled Regios. There were other things and characters I liked about it, but really, it's rather mediocre except for Felli. (Interestingly enough the reason I like Felli so much is not because I found her attractive, but because I identified with her).

Also, if it weren't for the Sisters Arc I would not bother with The Raildex universe. Sure it has interesting aspects, but without that one plot line I'd have gone elsewhere, and so that means that Mikoto was the essential character for me.

Those are examples of a character saving a show for me.

On the other hand there are:

Yuno from Mirai Nikki. Yuno basically is the show. She's the reason people watch it.

Keima from The World God Only Knows. TWGOK is not about the girls, it's about Keima being awesome.

Belldandy for Oh My Goddess, sure later Skuld shows up and I enjoyed her, but really, if you don't like Belldandy you're not going to like the show.

These examples are the show. You pretty much have to find something good about these characters to watch their shows.

I was actually surprised how hard it was for me to come up with names. I guess I tend to view shows more as cast rather then one individual.

As for driving me away from shows, there are several that I hate but only one that has actually made me drop a show: Lelouch from Code Geass. That -censored-.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:39   Link #70
sayde

Unless Unohana comes back, I think Bleach has become the first series ever (for me) where I continue to follow it just for one person--Aizen. I don't have any other series where I've either continued to tune in or stopped following completely solely due to how I felt towards a single character. And that kind of surprises me since I feel like I've seen a lot of different things over the years.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 10:25   Link #71
Birdway
Banned

I have watched Ben-to last year.

That was a fairly popular series and I was left wondering: Why it didn't have decent sales?

The answer wasn't that hard to guess:

Ume Shiraume, the show killer.

You have a decent main character and appealing sidekicks yet you have Ume appearing only to hit the protagonist who just passes by just because... her own lesbian insecurities, the guy has no interest on her nor in her interest(the nerdy girl) but no, don't ask just hit.

And there went the anime sales. Sadly.

Still, when the novels puts her far away it all become a good comedy, a good action and enjoyable series. It didn't deserve such awful character to be there.

Edit:
There was a H doujin where Ume got hit, raped and drugged. Nobody complained, people praised the author .

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-09-25 at 19:54.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 17:21   Link #72
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Rikka Morizono from Da Crapo III. She's as interesting a character as any of the cast from the actually good Da Capo and Da Capo II but even she wasn't spared from its rushed storytelling.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 18:02   Link #73
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Goshuusho sama Ninomiya-kun: My love for Houjou Reika is pretty much what had me finished the whole series. In contrast, as much as I like Kadowaki Mai, I don't like her character in here.

Watamote: It is actually an interesting show, but at one point or the other Tomoko's antics are more painful to watch rather than amusing.

Btw to add a bit on the OreImo discussion: Manami was my main reason for watching that, not Kirino nor Kuroneko. As her role is diminished rather quickly, I also quickly stopped watching .
Old 2013-09-23, 18:24   Link #74
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

accel world i stop watching because of the mc. he was just to pathetic. he would cry every episode.

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 19:00   Link #75
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
accel world i stop watching because of the mc. he was just to pathetic. he would cry every episode.
He didn't and the series was full of various appealing characters.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 19:19   Link #76
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He didn't and the series was full of various appealing characters.
every ep i watched he did.(Til ep 14) the other characters were fine thu

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 03:26   Link #77
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
His character was actually my biggest compliment for Accel World after not having completed it for a long time for that exact reason.

In fact, I believe I used the phrase "one of if not the best main character I've had the pleasure of watching in years."

On a strange note, there was one thing about Bleach that I really liked. Rukia Kuchiki wasn't a particularly interesting character for the majority of the series, as she spent most of it being ignored in various ways. She doesn't even do combat for at least a hundred episodes after the very first. Despite the fact, I liked her character. There were aspects to her that I found rather intriguing and her zanyness and comedic timing made that otherwise barely bearable series a bit more enjoyable. Also, when she finally did fight I was pretty much blown away. All that waiting and she was actually impressive, and all I could really do was curse Tite Kubo for expanding her character so nicely far too late into the series. Subpar authoring is subpar though, so what can you do?

Similarly Hinata won Naruto over for me for, more or less, the same reason. When she finally participated in the tournament it was a crowning moment of pure badass. She only gets better from there. Unfortunately neither her or Rukia really justified carrying through either series. I give both series praise for these characters though.

If I haven't said it already, Ranka Lee from Macross Frontier was such an unbearable string of obscenities. I think I actually harbor the most hatred for her over any other character. Mainly due to her "never gonna give you up" third-wheel-in-the-love-triangle tenacity, which is a surefire way to make me hate a character. Hey, if it's a yandere it works because they're obsessive and nuts. When it's a normal character who just can't give it up (especially if they know full well they've already lost and keep trying), it murders my mind (this is why I have yet to finish Shana).
Old 2013-09-24, 11:27   Link #78
Ridwan

Benten of Uchouten Kazoku, which is my current avatar. I frankly doubt the show will even matter without her.

Joseph Joestar from JoJo series for being the best Joestar
Old 2013-09-24, 21:35   Link #79
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Elsie (from TWGOK). Not really that bad, but she is just so BLAND!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:44   Link #80
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
On the flip-side, there can be an anime show that seems at least Ok to you, and/or a cast that seems generally likable/interesting, but you eventually dropped the show due to how much you disliked one particular character in the show. An example of this for me would be Kuroko in the original Railgun anime (though I am finding her more bearable in the current Railgun S series that I'm watching sporadically right now).

I have not seen alot of anime yet since I'm just starting. I happen to like Kuroko even from the start. I guess im just wierd or have a wierd since of humor. I have always had fun laughing at Kuroko. So far Railgun is my favorite anime I have watched and Misaka and her clones are my favorite in the show. I have not seen index yet but will probally watch it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Right now my viewing experience of Hyperdimention Neptunia consists of just watching Iris Heart scenes and skimming the rest on fast forward. Need my dose of sadist Hanakana even if the rest of the show doesn't interest me.
Lol I love her she is my fav from the series.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote