AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 10:21   Link #81
Blimey

My god, if the prospect of DEATH isn't enough to prompt Hazumu into making a decision between Tomari or Yasuna, then that is one character that needs to get his/her priorities straight.
Blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:00   Link #82
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimey
My god, if the prospect of DEATH isn't enough to prompt Hazumu into making a decision between Tomari or Yasuna, then that is one character that needs to get his/her priorities straight.
Someone mentioned in a spoiler...
Spoiler:
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 14:36   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
....sometimes I feel the writing is outright terrible, but the chapters always impact me emotionally.
This may be because "good" writing is not always that good, and "bad" writing is sometimes more effective. Writing, like any art, involves more magic than science. At least, that's how I comfort myself when I enjoy "bad" novels more than "good" ones.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 23:24   Link #84
Blimey

Quote:
Someone mentioned in a spoiler...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-13, 23:30   Link #85
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

And hawt yuri action isn't on the list? -_-;;
Old 2006-04-13, 23:38   Link #86
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Hey! Chapter 23 was released!
Old 2006-04-13, 23:58   Link #87
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

After rereading chapters 21-23, I've come to this conclusion:

Hazumu needs to grow enough as a person to be able make her choice, I don't think it will actually matter what choice she makes(Yasuna, Tomari, or Both). She just needs to make it with all her heart and have the choice accepted and her love returned. In any case the combined willpower should be enough to help her survive. The questions will be:

What choice does Hazumu make?
How does she survive her impending doom?

And interesting twist would be that if sharing the fate element was dangerous to the girl she was sharing with, like Hazumu will be shot at and her fate girl will take the bullet for her. In this case, we might see a threesome if somehow the fate element is fatal to at least one of any two people, but the three of them will pull it off.

As for the discussion about the quality of the writing, I think the author is fantastic about making us care about the characters and conveying their emotions, but some of the plot points seem forced. I can forgive the initial alien-crash, because anime is often based on strange premises, but the fate-element thing seems to be a stretch. Though as the story progresses more I kinda like it more as an interesting plot device. It's basically given Hazumu an imperfect view of her future, I just wish it hadn't come out of left field.

And I really hope the next few chapters are a series of pictures with each of Hazumu's friends highlighted at a time. I really like the cover for chapter 23.
Old 2006-04-14, 00:05   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.... one "deux ex machina" to get the plot started... ok... two? iffy ... one more and they're getting as bad as lousy ancient Greek writers who had the gods jump in anytime they got stuck in a plot corner.
Old 2006-04-14, 11:25   Link #89
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Hey! Chapter 23 was released!
Yep. Stealing format from NeoSam:

Volume 4 chapter 23 is out.
Torrent available here: Manganews.

I'm not sure what to make of these past few chapters. Hrmmm....
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 13:35   Link #90
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ya know.... I'm kind of with Yasuna's thinking here (if I followed the subtext). These aliens have blatantly screwed up at least twice -- once when they smucked Hazumu v1.0 and repeated small times by not taking the strength of love or friendship into account.
Spoiler:

Lots of nice artwork in the last two chapters.... I am glad to see Asuta getting more serious treatment than he got in the anime, even if he is still a bit comical.
Old 2006-04-14, 18:06   Link #91
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I think it's interesting that the manga has made Yasuna the strong one responding to Hazumu being under threat, while the anime gave Yasuna the threat and had Hazumu step up in response to it. But either way, it's Yasuna and Hazumu who are getting together. Maybe this really has been their love story all along.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 04:13   Link #92
NeoSam

Yay Yay a Kasimasi Official Fan Book will be released some time this month (April 2006)

Here's its cover:

So cute moe~

Done by: Dengeki Daioh Editorial Department

I love you Dengeki Daioh guys ( best seinen magazine ever :P )
Old 2006-04-19, 12:14   Link #93
Blimey

Fan book is not the same as Doujinshi, yes?
Old 2006-04-19, 19:49   Link #94
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimey
Fan book is not the same as Doujinshi, yes?
Of course not a doujinshi.

This fanbook is made by the same guys that edit the manga in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh, yes the magazine that Kashimashi manga is serialized in

So expect cute moe~ illustrations in this fan book (maybe also interviews with the voice actors, director, ...)
Old 2006-04-29, 08:48   Link #95
NeoSam

Volume 4 chapter 24 is out

Torrent is available here: Manganews.
Old 2006-04-30, 12:12   Link #96
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Volume 4 chapter 24 is out
A fantastic chapter. This is a Tomari chapter for all you Tomari fans. She so struggles to be strong and ends up being quite cute.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 00:07   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed.... Tomari is just about beside herself .... explosion of emotion ... take cover.

I still think the whole "everyone accepts it" (except Tomari) is just strange.... they seem to view an alien who has screwed up before as ultimate authority too easily.
Ah well....
Old 2006-05-03, 05:14   Link #98
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
.... they seem to view an alien who has screwed up before as ultimate authority too easily.
Ah well....
As it's been noted, the alien did not screw up before. Hazumu's fate ended that day, the day of the crash. If no crash, he would have died in another manner, perhaps choking on the bone of his beloved porkchops, or falling into that hole in his front yard.

The point is, his life as a man was over. The computer could not regenerate a man whose fate had been met. But it found that if it reconstructed him as a female, it could somehow [I'm not too clear on this part] squeeze out a temporary fate for him/her. [Perhaps Hazumu is alreay "fate-sharing" with someone else, someone whose fate will be met in one month].

Other than the crash itself, he didn't screw up.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 00:42   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ahhh, I see (actually I see in the manga what you mean... it was just worded somewhat ambiguously to me, perhaps because they're really not explaining this pseudo-science fate element very well. I guess its like that old Heinlein story about the guy who had a machine that determined the patient's "4 dimensional length" and therefore the exact end of life ... not why/how, just when.

Frankly, I'd still be questioning him a bit harder but I suppose its a bit of cultural fatalism to assume "wiser" people always get it right. At the least, I'd be saying - "hey wait a minute, he snuffed at the crash but we still have Hazumu with us... is there some way to work that angle again?" ... but then the story would move too fast I guess
I am liking the additional depth the manga gives to each character so I'm kind of anxious to see who gets some kind of idea first rather than just accepting fate.
Old 2006-06-04, 17:46   Link #100
NeoSam

Ok >.< Yay volume 4 chapter 25 is out

Torrent here: Manganews.

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, yuri