Old 2012-09-08, 23:30   Link #1881
garbage

I'll go for Inaban but that's just me . ehehe
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 23:36   Link #1882
Hakuryu
Klutz

Here's a few Inaba freebies~

Last edited by Hakuryu; 2012-09-09 at 00:17.
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 23:42   Link #1883
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
I'll go for Inaban but that's just me . ehehe
i prefer inaba , but i think she deserves a better man, like me.
Old 2012-09-09, 01:10   Link #1884
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Going to be blunt. Did not like this episode at all. And it wasn't the "Anohana-like" wangst crying of Inaba towards the end either because to be fair I found that unintentionally hilarious

It's because my fears became true and KC has indeed decided to go for the overused love triangle "let's fight over the protagonist" route. The premise isn't bad per se, as I've liked plenty of love triangle premises but the way it's presented is just infuriating to me. I don't buy this "I'm not gonna lose to you" whilst still remaining friends bulldust. There's a reason why you don't become boyfriends/girlfriends in a close knit group of friends or work colleagues. It's because things get really ugly and after conflict of interest like that comes about, friendships break... which in the case here it didn't. Which is why I'm annoyed. I donno about others, but I don't like how conveniently tries to maintain the status quo despite something "drastic" happening regarding the Inaba x Iori x Taichi love triangle business. And Inaba just laughs it off at the end as if its ok? Really? Am I getting
Spoiler for Aquarion EVOL Love Triangle Comparison:

And for the tenth time, Heartseed decides to troll Inaba into the LOLcrying scene for more forced drama. I donno if this is the end of the "Unleashing desire" arc, but if it is... man is it a stinker episode to end on. Almost as bad as the trollbridge ep. Though I never watched KC for comedy, I just wish it would have more genuitity in its drama at times.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 01:13   Link #1885
Sumeragi
Banned

Gentlemen, I would like to make a request: Make the most deredere Inaban gif avatar for the resident Ice Princess.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 01:13   Link #1886
Nitial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Going to be blunt. Did not like this episode at all. And it wasn't the "Anohana-like" wangst crying of Inaba towards the end either because to be fair I found that unintentionally hilarious

It's because my fears became true and KC has indeed decided to go for the overused love triangle "let's fight over the protagonist" route. The premise isn't bad per se, as I've liked plenty of love triangle premises but the way it's presented is just infuriating to me. I don't buy this "I'm not gonna lose to you" whilst still remaining friends bulldust. There's a reason why you don't become boyfriends/girlfriends in a close knit group of friends or work colleagues. It's because things get really ugly and after conflict of interest like that comes about, friendships break... which in the case here it didn't. Which is why I'm annoyed. I donno about others, but I don't like how conveniently tries to maintain the status quo despite something "drastic" happening regarding the Inaba x Iori x Taichi love triangle business. And Inaba just laughs it off at the end as if its ok? Really? Am I getting
Spoiler for Aquarion EVOL Love Triangle Comparison:

And for the tenth time, Heartseed decides to troll Inaba into the LOLcrying scene for more forced drama. I donno if this is the end of the "Unleashing desire" arc, but if it is... man is it a stinker episode to end on. Almost as bad as the trollbridge ep.
Actually I think Heartseed trolling Inaban was supposed to be funny.
And the Love Triangle "Let's fight for the boy!" was supposed to be heartwarming.

This episode isn't meant to make people cry at all.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-09 at 01:38. Reason: correct spoiler tag in quote
Nitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 01:16   Link #1887
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitial View Post
Actually I think Heartseed trolling Inaban was supposed to be funny.
And the Love Triangle "Let's fight for the boy!" was supposed to be heartwarming.

This episode was meant to be "dramatic" and people were supposed to take it seriously. However, in my eyes, poorly done and I know this because it made me feel jack squat about Inaba.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-09 at 02:34.
Old 2012-09-09, 01:18   Link #1888
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitial View Post
Actually I haven't recalled a single episode that was suppose to make you cry.

I don't think anybody ever advertise the show that way, unlike say Anohana
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 01:21   Link #1889
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually I haven't recalled a single episode that was suppose to make you cry.

I don't think anybody ever advertise the show that way, unlike say Anohana
Anohana made me unintentionally laugh at numerous occassions at how over-the-top it's crying scenes were. Whenever there's a waterfall of tears combined with moaning, I call it "Anohana-wangst". It's at least one tier above Key wangst on the wangst scale .

It's got little to do with whether or not the scene was designed to make you cry or not but rather at how cheesy the melodrama or intensity of characters crying is .

This episode had one Anohana wangst scene... and that was Inaba's. And I did lol at it . Call me uncaring but sorry it was incredibly hard for me to take seriously .
Old 2012-09-09, 01:24   Link #1890
Sumeragi
Banned

It isn't supposed to make the viewers cry, but it certainly was an emotional situation for Inaban.
Old 2012-09-09, 01:56   Link #1891
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...This episode had one Anohana wangst scene... and that was Inaba's. And I did lol at it . Call me uncaring but sorry it was incredibly hard for me to take seriously .
Both her crying scenes seemed great to me, especially the later laughing/crying one. Sawashiro Miyuki just cements her place as a godly seiyuu. I've not heard anything in anime quite like that latter scene. Not that I want realism here, but I thought the crying scenes were more realistic than the normal sort of anime crying. Real crying is more heart-rending and out-of-control than anime crying.

Now, I do think there was a bit of emotional shorthand going on, things developing pretty quickly. But it worked for me to jump on and go for the ride. And Inaban had been amazingly successful at suppressing her urges up to then. Whether Iori's attitude was realistic or not is open to question -- and her early petulance seemed to be intended to let us shift our sympathy to Inaba -- but all in all, I thought the emotional world of this episode was pretty wonderful.

Actually, almost the most heart-rending thing for me was Taichi desperately trying to solve the problem by taking blame. The only problem was that neither he nor anyone else had any notion what he might take blame for.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:18   Link #1892
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Like last time, the full ending credits song for this arc (Kizu Random) is now available on iTunes (if you have a Japanese iTunes account, 250 yen):
Cry out - Team.ねこかん[猫]featuring.atsuko
Cry out - Team.Nekokan [Neko] featuring.atsuko

A physical (CD) version will most likely be bundled with the Blu-ray (limited edition) of volume 3 (episodes 6-7), and that won't be released until November 21.

It definitely has a relaxed feel to it, but I probably still prefer Hito Random's ED.
TL;DR…
For those still wondering about the full ending credits song for the Hito Random arc:
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-09, 02:18   Link #1893
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Both her crying scenes seemed great to me, especially the later laughing/crying one. Not that I want realism here, but I thought the crying scenes were more realistic than the normal sort of anime crying. Real crying is more heart-rending and out-of-control than anime crying.
Disagree. Real crying results in getting teary-eyed or maybe tears just flowing down the sides of a person's cheek. Seldom do people burst out in crying in theatrical hammy fashion unless something really drastic happens like a family member dying.
Old 2012-09-09, 02:23   Link #1894
Sumeragi
Banned

Such situations include when something which you have mentally invested in might forever be gone. To Inaban, Taichi might have have fallen down that cliff. That isn't drastic enough for you?
Old 2012-09-09, 02:30   Link #1895
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

but she got anxious about the thought of taichi beign death, even after finding her misunderstanding, that anxiety got out in the form of crying, and the second time she became a nervous wreck because of the embarrassment, wich is very in tone with the sefl-conscious personality she have been showing, certainly not all people would react the same way she did, but i dont find it exaggerated, actually i consider it was very in-character.
Old 2012-09-09, 02:40   Link #1896
Pocari_Sweat

But in the end Taichi didn't die or fall of a cliff or get injured in some significant way, yet Inaba acted if something that couldn't be underdone happened to her ... if that isn't exaggerated and overdramatic/theatrical I don't know what is. And this whole episode was exaggerated and overdramatic, even for Kokoro Connect standards.

Anyways, I'm leaving it here and not going further because that "crying" scene wasn't even the major problem of this episode.
Old 2012-09-09, 02:42   Link #1897
Sumeragi
Banned

What other problems do you see?
Old 2012-09-09, 02:43   Link #1898
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What other problems do you see?
It's a few posts above on this page...

In summary, I don't like how the gang is trying to maintain the status quo despite conflicts of romantic interests being laid out on the table. When a "loser" of a romantic struggle is told straight out he/she lost, you don't just stick around thinking everything is okay, tag along and laugh off. I donno... maybe it's because I've been involved in friendship groups that does that kind of stuff and it's just infuriating. Granted Heartseed isn't helping it, but don't pretend everything is suddenly okay now. It's exactly what happened in Aquarion EVOL and a large number of people were pissed off at it, including me.

And talking about Heartseed, his trolling / forcing drama shows no ends which I've hated since he was introduced. Worst plot device character this year. It isn't surprising where the episodes he isn't involved are usually the best episodes, though the exception is the previous episode which I thought his involvement for the first time was actually beneficial.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-09 at 02:55.
Old 2012-09-09, 02:45   Link #1899
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But in the end Taichi didn't die or fall of a cliff or get injured in some significant way, yet Inaba acted if something that couldn't be underdone happened to her ...

It's not about what happened or what didn't happen- she was in an emotionally vulnerable state from her talk with Iori, and compound that with all the baggage from the last few days, and then suddenly being told that something happened to the one she loves... it's like the straw that broke the camel's back and everything came out all at once.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:48   Link #1900
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
It's a few posts above on this page...
All of which I believe is based on not watching the series properly. Any other reasons?

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life