Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-28, 09:14   Link #381
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Akari's votes look legit. . . if this was 2-3 years ago.
Turns out the votes are indeed legit. \アッカリ~ン/

Preliminary results...
Spoiler for Group 16 results:

Last edited by ion475; 2012-07-28 at 09:32.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:48   Link #382
ion475
にこにこにー

Not necessarily wanting to triple post, but only doing so to separate my own comment from result post...

For my own record:
Spoiler for Group 16:

Finished last round 7-3-0 (Total 106-51-3). (Total # of valid codes are 796, one of the highest number for awhile...). A few comment...

1. Akarin power is out of the ballpark. Not even Toki can pull something like this off.
2. Chiaki is just disappointing. Marika finish 3rd in her group (Even though it's a lot weaker) but Chiaki is on the bottom of the "Should get in via 2nd round" groups of girl...121 votes do get you close in any other groups, though...
3. Little bit disappointed in Karuta as well. But then, other than Hajime, it's hard to complain about anyone that's above her (Hajime, well, it's Saki votes...)
4. To finish off with my Hanazawa votes. Mokkan is impressive, consider that Ro-Kyu-Bu! is awhile ago. And I was dead wrong about which Hanazawa girls is more powerful here (I had Karuta > Chiaki > Mokkan > Mayuri...it's Mokkan > Karuta > Mayuri > Chiaki in reality...)
5. Thanks to Isumi edging out Maria by a vote, my record is 7-3-0 instead of 6-4-0. Poor Maria continues to freefall, thanks to Hata Kenjiro not even giving her any love...
6. Last note? Code generator is giving me a code for 29th...of course, no match on 29th

Preliminary, Part deux, drawing coming in about 2 hours.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:50   Link #383
JW1

The Protagonist has appeared.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:27   Link #384
hinakatbklyn

Looks like Toshino Kyouko's second highest vote total (when it was still Group 8) was already a clue that one or multiple lead characters of YuruYuri were going to challenge for the top of Saimoe. However, if Akari wanted to stay hidden from potential snipers and Saki-Achiga, winning the group and crushing the previous high vote count for this year could be a bad idea.

I was almost certain Chiaki could reach the main tournament on her first try since Marika could get there. Then I realized there was alot of competition in the last group (including a few I didn't see the first time) especially since Maria <Hayate> missed advancing directly by one vote. Remon (Ano natsu) was also involved in the match and has to wait.

Hanazawa however didn't completely split themselves out though. Mayuri started off outside the top 12 and ends the round in the top 12. Karuta had alittle trouble, but she still advances. Despite a distant second place showing (>100 votes), Tomoka also advances for Ro-Kyu-Bu.

Also wanted to see Mayoi and Hina Takanashi advance which they did.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2012-07-28 at 10:41.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:29   Link #385
RJ TAYLER

Two points
1. "369" surely it's "The Clapping song" to close out the heats.

2. Now the Repechage Round begins, good luck girls & pack the Kleenex, it will be needed for some.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:30   Link #386
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

how far has maria fallen.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:33   Link #387
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 16
Spoiler for P1G16 Results:

Late this time, my bad... I overslept. Prelims 2 groups will be out soon and i will be translating them ASAP.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:37   Link #388
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Oh yes! AKARIIIIIIIINNNNNN!!! It's very nice to see that Kyouko isn't who Japan prefers since I find Kyouko rather annoying. Akarin's my favorite in Yuru Yuri along with Himawari, Yui and Akane XDD
Old 2012-07-28, 11:25   Link #389
chaosprophet

Full Prelims 2 groups here. First sheet is ordered b groups, while second is by series.

For next match, Prelims 2 Groups 1:
Spoiler for P2G1:
Old 2012-07-28, 11:39   Link #390
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

7-2-1 (90-48-16). Mokkan ♥♥♥

Let's see how the second prelim groups shake out... Oh, they're out!

P2-1
<<上月由仁子(ニコ/スカーレット・レイン)@アクセル・ワールド>>
<<姫路瑞希@バカとテストと召喚獣 にっ!>>
<<中津川初@星空へ架かる橋 OVA>>
<<住之江あこ@kiss×sis>>
<<永塚紗季@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
<<鹿賀りん@うさぎドロップ>>

Grandma is ready.

Last edited by Micchi; 2012-07-28 at 11:51.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:55   Link #391
seemmeriast

Akarin got the highest number of votes among all groups. 369 is surely impressive.

On the other hand, former quarterfinalist Isumi did a far worse job than I expected. She almost failed to qualify
Old 2012-07-28, 12:06   Link #392
ion475
にこにこにー

Going back to more comments...

As far as my group prediction (WAY back in Page 5)...
Group 1: Correct
Group 2: Finish 2nd
Group 3: Finish 2nd
Group 4: Correct
Group 5: Correct
Group 6: Correct
Group 7: Correct
Group 8: Finish 3rd
Group 9: Correct
Group 10: Correct
Group 11: Correct (I got both Azusa and Ryuuka also )
Group 12: Finish 2nd
Group 13: Finish 3rd
Group 14: Correct
Group 15: Correct
Group 16: Finish 6th

So, with the exception of Karuta, I actually did pretty good...

Now, onto 2nd prelim prediction (Which is, well, a LOT harder)
Group 1 - I'll go with Yozora. Nijou Izumi and Chiaki should follow. Prediction: Yozora
Group 2 - Yumi is the strongest Saki girls of the bunch. Inori and Suzutsuki Kanade is also there, along with Alice. Prediction: Yumi...in Saki I trust
Group 3 - Should be Maria. I don't see anyone stronger than her here Prediction: Maria
Group 4 - Really want Maon to win the group, but Minko and Nanasaki Ai is also here...Prediction: Nanasaki Ai
Group 5 - Want Tsumiki to win. Izumi (Hayate) is in the group, Hiro (Hidamari) is there, a bunch of Nichijou (Mainly Yuuko and Hakase), Meiro (Sankarea) is also there...sigh, poor Tsumiki Prediction: Segawa Izumi
Group 6 - Tooru, Tooru, Tooru...Kagura is in the group, all 3 of the HS DxD main is in the group (Although Koneko is probably the only one that has a remote chance), a few girls from IM...Prediction: Kagura

I would not be surprised if I go 6 out of 6, as in getting all 6 groups' winner wrong.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:32   Link #393
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks

<<上月由仁子(ニコ/スカーレット・レイン)@アクセル・ワールド>>
<<鹿賀りん@うさぎドロップ>>
<<来海えりか(キュアマリン)@映画 プリキュアオールスターズNewStage みらいのともだち>>
<<チアキ・クリハラ@モーレツ宇宙海賊>>
<<北条響(キュアメロディ)@スイートプリキュア♪>>
<<菊地真@THE IDOLM@STER>>
<<水上麻衣@日常>>

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-07-29 at 11:36.
Old 2012-07-28, 13:27   Link #394
Team Rocket Elite

5-1-4

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-16 Results:
Old 2012-07-28, 16:33   Link #395
timbits
Harem Lead

So...second prelims. Wake me up when something relevant happens.
Old 2012-07-28, 16:50   Link #396
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
So...second prelims. Wake me up when something relevant happens.

Set your alarm for August 13th or 14th. That's when the main event starts.
Old 2012-07-28, 21:14   Link #397
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

And after the 1st Prelims

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Team Saki is larger than the next three teams combined, and is a mere 6 away from tying Negima's record.

Also...

Cue audio cue...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-07-28, 22:22   Link #398
seemmeriast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Team Saki is larger than the next three teams combined, and is a mere 6 away from tying Negima's record.
We will have 96 characters qualified from the second prelims, that is about 6 characters per each first prelim group. For rough calculation, if we look at 13th ~ 18th places in all first prelim groups, there are 13 Saki characters among them. So, we should have about 29 + 13 = 42 Saki characters in the main tournament.

The draw also plays the large part in determining how successful they will be in the further rounds. I would say that 2009's draw was very favorable for Saki (One strong character in each group as well as avoiding Group F "Group of Death"), while 2010's draw was simply the opposite (except for Koromo ).
Old 2012-07-29, 00:13   Link #399
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
We will have 96 characters qualified from the second prelims, that is about 6 characters per each first prelim group. For rough calculation, if we look at 13th ~ 18th places in all first prelim groups, there are 13 Saki characters among them. So, we should have about 29 + 13 = 42 Saki characters in the main tournament.

The draw also plays the large part in determining how successful they will be in the further rounds. I would say that 2009's draw was very favorable for Saki (One strong character in each group as well as avoiding Group F "Group of Death"), while 2010's draw was simply the opposite (except for Koromo ).
To be honest 42 Saki characters are too much in my opinion if that does happen X_X;;;
Old 2012-07-29, 01:35   Link #400
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post

Some of those Saki characters that made the 13th-18th range may have been pulled up by a strong Saki character. After all, half the groups had a Saki character strong enough to take (or tie) for first place. They won't have that benefit in second preliminaries although each second preliminary group does have numerous Saki characters.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament