AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 08:23   Link #361
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Heheh, I lol-ed at next week's title!

"First mission ~ This is Snake. No one's responding."

I can't remember if it's the same title as what they used in the manga, but it sure fits whats going to happen
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 08:43   Link #362
Unentschieden

I like how they add new stuff. The "talking for 3 Eps" gag really got me. If they really skip to the school part in the next Episode it will diverge from the manga quite a bit but Im confident they got the mangas "spirit" aka reference spam^^. There are a lot and i´m shure i just got half of them. I also like how they even make jokes about comedy tropes, every other gag anime would have maria bitch at Hayate instead of her instantly guessing the situation right.
Also they "censored" anything remotely brutal but completely forgot the longinus lances.
Unentschieden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 11:45   Link #363
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*start chanting* "legend!! legend!!! legend!!..."
hayate has got to be one of the coolest guys ive seen hes either really really nice with a heart of an angel (not to sure after the first ep) or just dumb ~ but i really like him whatever he is...hes like a working machine...and i nearly died laughing when he was censored for varous bleedings after being hit by that car XD
i like the style of the narration...and even hayate seems to be talking to the viewer at times ~ great first impression

*goes to watch ep 2 and 3*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 11:51   Link #364
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
no, thats a parody of saint seiya, happens every preview.

btw, something ive been wondering. at the part where klaus is saying how to disable the robot "... open it and enter 1192..." and maria interupts and just says "for the time being, just break it and it'll probably stop", did she interupt coz it sounded like it was gonna be a long-ass explaination, or was she trying to hide something embarassing by diverting the conversation? (maybe the password is her measurements or birthday or something). just wondering if this was omitted in the anime or something. coz she did the same thing in ep2 to make hayate forget about the bath incident

EDIT: @manga readers: TELL ME maria gets sh*t loads of screentime for the rest of the series!
In the manga, or at least the translation I read, Klaus says something like "open the back panel, navigate the touchscreen menu to the 'emergency shutdown' option and enter the password blah blah blah..." at which point Maria interrupts him. Obviously that's far too complicated to do with a rampaging robot.

Oh, and they've already cut down on Maria's screentime in episodes one and two, and when they add new characters it'll become proportionally less. Apparently the animators don't like Maria very much.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:44   Link #365
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
just watched ep 2 and 3 ~ boy the parodies are a cracker
seeing black lagoon cropping up first caught me completely by surprise ~ then there was the sailor moon and bleeped out FREEZA!! XD great series so far :3

talking tiger?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 13:17   Link #366
shiro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
talking tiger?
Caught me by surprise too...

So did the cat in Darker than Black.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 13:58   Link #367
MassProductionEVA
Eva f-type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Okay, several wtf moments in episode 3, like the tiger. But really funny, too. Seriously this is one of the funniest series I have seen.
Oh, and I'm in love with Maria.

Those spears looked familiar...
Spoiler:
Ahh so i wasn't the only one who thought those lances where very similar to the Lance of Longinus, even the pose reminds me of the impaled EVA-02
MassProductionEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 14:19   Link #368
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Oh, and they've already cut down on Maria's screentime in episodes one and two, and when they add new characters it'll become proportionally less. Apparently the animators don't like Maria very much.
nooooo! ah man that kinda sux, she's the best character

i wonder if there's a version with all the bleeping cut out, hmm... maybe that'll be on the DVDs. some of them, i really would like to know what they were gonna say. "freeza" was easy to hear though

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 19:04   Link #369
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
Jay and Silent Bob?
Those guys don't look anything like Jay and Silent Bob.

So, Viz is translating the manga? Smeg, I wish it was TokyoPop.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 19:24   Link #370
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
btw, something ive been wondering. at the part where klaus is saying how to disable the robot "... open it and enter 1192..."
The way this show throws parody around, I was trying to figure out if there was some other anime that used the combination 1192.

(although, Bahamut's explanation from the manga sounds better.)

My favorite line from ep3: "Okay, that's good for the adult viewers. But I'm talking about something else!"

@edit:
Scary... There's an entire domain for cyclamen
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 19:45   Link #371
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I Am Not Beeeep......!!

Funny thing is the copyright. You cannot use it without permission but when the name is beeped out on TV the laughter factor increases.

Spoiler for Identified Bloopers by Myself on this episode:

Spoiler for What Lessons Episode 3 Taught Me?:

Spoiler for A Suggestion to Klaus:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 19:53   Link #372
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Those guys don't look anything like Jay and Silent Bob.
I didn't think so either:

My guess is they are associated with the anime, but I have absolutely no proof of that. Notice they are draw in a fairly realistic style. I'm sure they are real people.
Old 2007-04-17, 19:55   Link #373
radancein

After 3 episodes, I am now quite curious about the manga. For the chinese readers out there, does anyone know whether the chinese version is in the stores now? And if so what is the title in chinese?
radancein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 20:17   Link #374
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by radancein View Post
After 3 episodes, I am now quite curious about the manga. For the chinese readers out there, does anyone know whether the chinese version is in the stores now? And if so what is the title in chinese?
I believe currently 10 volumes are out. The name of it is 旋风管家.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:25   Link #375
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Funny thing is the copyright. You cannot use it without permission but when the name is beeped out on TV the laughter factor increases.

Spoiler for Identified Bloopers by Myself on this episode:
Spoiler for Manga-ka's mistake:
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 23:03   Link #376
monir
cho~ kakkoii

"Once I'm in motion, no can stop my hot pistons." - Nurse Robot who can't do gattai.

Give your translator/editor a raise Mentar, because they deserve it after that line.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 23:54   Link #377
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
wtf happened to me man... at first i thought this was one of those "ok, nothing special, but i'll watch it whenever it does comes out" and now its become a "i cant wait for the next ep each week!" and i actually rewatch parts to laugh at

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 00:27   Link #378
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah really sad how behind the times Nagi is. Do people still use N64? While Hayate doesn't have any transformations maybe we'll see some fusions coming up . Show really is great in how it plays around with this stuff.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 00:47   Link #379
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah really sad how behind the times Nagi is. Do people still use N64? While Hayate doesn't have any transformations maybe we'll see some fusions coming up . Show really is great in how it plays around with this stuff.
These are just the N64 and Playstation rooms. As in, the house was built around them. She didn't take a room and put an N64 in it, it was part of the blueprint. That's the N64 room. She probably has the Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 rooms in a newer wing or something...

Well, that's my theory...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:34   Link #380
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Why remove a N64 room for newer console when you can just build another room for em?

Not to mention, I think Nagi is a hardcore geek, wouldn't be surprised if she still plays N64 from time to time (i myself play EGA games that can be dated back from 1980s)

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp