AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 01:10   Link #161
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
BTW... I never understood... why did Yuji decide to merge with the snake?
This really belong in Q&A but I guess I'll make an exception...

Spoiler for Novels:

Quote:
-Yuji becoming an evil guy and he abducting Shana.
Okay I'll have to stop you right there...

Spoiler for Novels:
Old 2009-08-01, 03:33   Link #162
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG G

Should've never asked.

Ok understood the things now...

The thing is, as I said, future novels will be enough? As it doesn't seem that novels are coming out quick enough...
Old 2009-08-01, 16:08   Link #163
justavisitor

Hi all, just finished shana 1 & 2...this series is excellent!!! (using the professor's tone XD)

Now I don't know whether I want to read the novel.....maybe it will ruin the joy of watching the possible season 3 in the future..anyway, I have 2 questions, and I hope ppl who have watched the anime and read the novel can help me out here

Spoiler for spoiler for anime and novel:

Thx in advance
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-01, 18:25   Link #164
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
If this first answer is a yes and the second answer is a no..then I can probably guess how Shana is going to save "Snake Yuji" (yeah, I know some plots from the novel already, but I am not sure whether I should read the novel before watching the possible season 3)

I am not knowledge full about the novel too, as I skipped a few chapters, but... let me tell you one thing. Shana will more likely try to kill Yuji as she is forced to being a Flame Haze, unless Yuji convinces her with some kind of... I don't know, even bigger confession or just reason with Alastor so that they stop chasing him and Snake.

And about the kiss. I don't remember it happeing. But I might see it happening soon.
Old 2009-08-04, 01:51   Link #165
alvinkhorfire

Look what I have obtained with my time machine: summary of the first few episodes of Season 3. Just joking, they are my speculation, so they are not real. I do realize that it is way too early to mention about the first few episodes of Season 3 as it is expected to begin in Fall 2010. Anyhow, it is just my speculation. If anyone wants to post suggestion or correct my mistakes, please feel free to do so.

I assume that Season 3 will move straight on to the content of Volume 16 without any filler. Besides that, I have referred to digger314's summary while making this speculation.

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 1:

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 2:

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 3:

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 4:

By integrating the flashback events seamlessly into the episode lineup, then the events in Volume 16 will make sense.
Old 2009-08-04, 06:14   Link #166
Terminator98
*Author

Too much rushed...

The ending will be there before we even know it...
Old 2009-08-05, 10:34   Link #167
gengar

...thankz for e spoilers
help alot... >.<
Old 2009-08-05, 10:38   Link #168
Terminator98
*Author

This is SPECULATION
Old 2009-08-05, 12:23   Link #169
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Look what I have obtained with my time machine: summary of the first few episodes of Season 3. Just joking, they are my speculation, so they are not real. I do realize that it is way too early to mention about the first few episodes of Season 3 as it is expected to begin in Fall 2010. Anyhow, it is just my speculation. If anyone wants to post suggestion or correct my mistakes, please feel free to do so.

I assume that Season 3 will move straight on to the content of Volume 16 without any filler. Besides that, I have referred to digger314's summary while making this speculation.

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 1:

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 2:

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 3:

Spoiler for Speculated Summary of Episode 4:

By integrating the flashback events seamlessly into the episode lineup, then the events in Volume 16 will make sense.

Interesting ideas, but I think that the first two episodes will be more action-packed than this - I can't see your summaries for those two taking up a full episode with out massively decompressed storyline.

Chances are that there will be some significant anime original content, and more Hecate involvement in particular.

Also... your episode summaries fail to take your own avatar into account, if you catch my drift...
Old 2009-08-05, 23:53   Link #170
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
...thankz for e spoilers
help alot... >.<
This is just my opinion, really, so it is not real and it is not definitely spoiler.

Quote:
Too much rushed...

The ending will be there before we even know it...
Do you mind elaborate a bit more on your thought? I do not quite understand it. Are you saying that it is better to split the content of Volume 16 into six or eight episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Interesting ideas, but I think that the first two episodes will be more action-packed than this - I can't see your summaries for those two taking up a full episode with out massively decompressed storyline.

Chances are that there will be some significant anime original content, and more Hecate involvement in particular.

Also... your episode summaries fail to take your own avatar into account, if you catch my drift...
Action-packed? In my opinion, the main events are that Yuji has disappeared and the else of the gang are trying to adopt to his absence. I could not see how these events can be action-packed. It is a bit like mysterious tone in Episode 1 of Season 2. Why has Yuji disappeared?

Besides that, I did not actually post the full summary here. As a matter of fact, my "mini" summary identifies which portion of Volume 16 that goes into which episode.

Thanks for reminding me about Shana smiling in the end. Well, some people at this forum had previously discounted the importance of this scene. This scene could have no meaning at all. That is why I did not take this scene into account.

Anyhow, Triple_R, if you can somehow write your own speculation, that would be great!

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2009-08-06 at 00:17.
Old 2009-08-06, 05:38   Link #171
gengar

oops sorry ...
i actually would like the anime to go aong yr speculation..
lets hope for the best then ..:X
Old 2009-08-06, 05:43   Link #172
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Do you mind elaborate a bit more on your thought? I do not quite understand it. Are you saying that it is better to split the content of Volume 16 into six or eight episodes?
What I meant is, that although your speculations seem very plausible, I kinda feel it better for the "final episodes".

I kinda feel that they should add a few more things before that. (Thus, maybe GOOD fillers)

As Triple R also said, Shana smiled at the end of season 2, something that we cannot ignore, as J.C staff might keep this in account.

But maybe that they'll resume this, and Shana will see yuji coming towards her, but he'll disseapear in the process. (So we se the 2nd part, her smile turns into a face of consternation and sadness)
Old 2009-08-06, 06:45   Link #173
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

Anyhow, Triple_R, if you can somehow write your own speculation, that would be great!
Don't take my comments too harshly. You could be very close.

This is how I'd seriously consider doing it, if I had full creative control...

Spoiler for Fan Speculation for Episode 1:

Spoiler for Fan Speculation for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Fan speculation for episodes 3 and 4:

We could do episodes 3 and 4 like the above, or we could do it your way, alvinkhorfire. It all depends on how fast we want to get through the novel-based material.

I don't have much problem with your episodes 3 and 4 speculative summary, expect perhaps what Terminator98 is saying - it eats up the material pretty fast. But then, it would make for 4 truly outstanding episodes, if the anime original fight (for episodes 1 and 2) I'm suggesting is thrown in, imo.

What do my fellow Shanatics think?

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-08-06 at 06:57.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:22   Link #174
Terminator98
*Author

RRR, your speculation seems less "fast" than alvin's, and you added some possible that would make the anime seems serious enough to watch. But I have a problem. Yuji... isn't as bad as that... where's the scene when Yuji says that "I'm doing all this so we can be together for ever"

Although it would be more fit for the end... I agree.

Ah, if only they had put all this in season 2 instead of having put those damn fillers.

But... Pheles showing herself to defend outlaws doesn't seem.... plausible.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:40   Link #175
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
RRR, your speculation seems less "fast" than alvin's, and you added some possible that would make the anime seems serious enough to watch. But I have a problem. Yuji... isn't as bad as that... where's the scene when Yuji says that "I'm doing all this so we can be together for ever"
Well, my thinking there, is that we stave off those words (and the ensuing novel-based fight) for later. Of course, we could have Yuji say that, and still have him retreat for now, I suppose. Otherwise, there really is no other option but to go straight to the novel fight.

Quote:
Although it would be more fit for the end... I agree.
Yeah, I kind of hope the 4th episode has at least a bit of a conclusive feel to it.

Quote:

Ah, if only they had put all this in season 2 instead of having put those damn fillers.

But... Pheles showing herself to defend outlaws doesn't seem.... plausible.
I have to admit that Pheles vs. Sabrac is simply a fight I'd love to see. And the first two episodes of this four episode OAV is as good a time as any to have the fight, imo. Maybe we could instead have Sabrac hired to kill Pheles for some reason?
Old 2009-08-06, 12:43   Link #176
Terminator98
*Author

wait wait wait...

are we speaking about OVA or Season???

Because the OVAs will not cover the new novels I think, it'll just be side stories, etc, which happens when Yuji is still but a Torch.

Season will (should) be comming around fall 2010, hopefuly.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:46   Link #177
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
wait wait wait...

are we speaking about OVA or Season???

Because the OVAs will not cover the new novels I think, it'll just be side stories, etc, which happens when Yuji is still but a Torch.

Season will (should) be comming around fall 2010, hopefuly.
Sorry, my mistake. I got confused there for a second.
Old 2009-08-07, 04:06   Link #178
alvinkhorfire

To clear any more confusion, the speculation here is for Season 3, not for 4-episode OVA. piku has made a feasible speculation for OVA, as some of you are aware of.

Terminator98
Quote:
I kinda feel that they should add a few more things before that. (Thus, maybe GOOD fillers)
Thanks for your clarification. I see your point. However, I do remember that a lot of people complain a lot during Konoe arc for Season 2 and keep on hoping that the storyline would return to the original novel material, although it may be different this time around. I do not mind fillers, as long as they do not derivate too far from the novel material. The more Shakugan no Shana episodes they can squeeze out, the better.

Quote:
If that is so, we may not have Season 3. I do not suppose that you do not want more episodes of Shakugan no Shana?

Triple_R
Great work! I love it, especially the first half of the very first episode before the opening credits. Your speculation really does take account into the original anime content of Season 2, especially the scene when Shana is smiling. However, to do that, few key events have to be ditched. There is nothing wrong with that, just that I would like to highlight these events.

1. Shana and Kazumi are waiting for Yuji the whole night after Yuji has disappeared.
If Yuji has disappeared in front of their eyes, Shana and Kazumi will not be waiting the whole night, right?

2. As in Chapter 3 of Volume 16, SotF Yuji slowly reveals his identity to Shana and Alastor.
In the novel, when Yuji makes a return to Misaki City, Shana meets with Yuji who is wearing school uniform. In subsequent conversation between Yuji and Alastor, Alastor is completely stunned and almost speechless as Yuji slowly reveals his SotF form. This scene is very important as good guys have clearly no idea that Yuji has merged with SotF.
If we follow your speculation for episode 4, Yuji would appears in SotF form as he retreats his allies. As such, we will not obtain that slow yet suspenseful revelation of SotF Yuji as in the novel.

To summarize, it is better to use your speculation. That way, we can squeeze out more Shakugan no Shana episodes.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2009-08-07 at 04:16. Reason: Accepting Terminator98's suggestion
Old 2009-08-07, 04:11   Link #179
Terminator98
*Author

The thing is. if they had put all this in season 2, things would've been clearer, and a followup might've been more easy.

(The thing is. will the novels end soon? That we don't know)

So yeah, there maybe wouldn't have been any season 3, but season 2 would've been godly awesome.

It's a bit like I'm fearful they mess SnS like they did with ZnT. So too long might be unhealthy for the name of the series.

BUT DO NOT SAY YUJI HAS JOINED THE DARK SIDE!!
Old 2009-08-07, 04:55   Link #180
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

Triple_R
Great work! I love it, especially the first half of the very first episode before the opening credits.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Your speculation really does take account into the original anime content of Season 2, especially the scene when Shana is smiling. However, to do that, few key events have to be ditched. There is nothing wrong with that, just that I would like to highlight these events.

1. Shana and Kazumi are waiting for Yuji the whole night after Yuji has disappeared.
If Yuji has disappeared in front of their eyes, Shana and Kazumi will not be waiting the whole night, right?
Yeah, this scene, for me, is one of those that's fine to read in a book, but may come across as a bit boring in animated format (i.e. just watching Shana and Kazumi stand there the whole night).

Quote:

2. As in Chapter 3 of Volume 16, SotF Yuji slowly reveals his identity to Shana and Alastor.
In the novel, when Yuji makes a return to Misaki City, Shana meets with Yuji who is wearing school uniform. In subsequent conversation between Yuji and Alastor, Alastor is completely stunned and almost speechless as Yuji slowly reveals his SotF form. This scene is very important as good guys have clearly no idea that Yuji has merged with SotF.
If we follow your speculation for episode 4, Yuji would appears in SotF form as he retreats his allies. As such, we will not obtain that slow yet suspenseful revelation of SotF Yuji as in the novel.
However, ditching this truly does hurt.

Like yourself, though, I think it's worth it to squeeze out more Shakugan no Shana episodes. JC Staff has shown me that they do action-based filler pretty good... just keep them away from slice of life filler.
Closed Thread