Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-31, 00:53   Link #501
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So what does everyone think of this? Granted it's not 100% confirmed and it may just be a rumor, but lets assume it does happen. I'd love to see some Shirley narration, naturally, but I wonder what she would narrate about and which event would concern her.
I will love it. We could hear her thoughts on the events related to her, why not? She is one of the most important people to Lelouch.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 00:59   Link #502
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I will love it. We could hear her thoughts on the events related to her, why not? She is one of the most important people to Lelouch.
Yeah, but that's the thing. Offhand I can't think of any scenes in ZR that were directly related to her. What episodes exactly are going to be on the DVD? Also, I wonder how this narration will work? Is it like audio commentary where the speakers just talk over the original audio? Well, at any rate maybe we can get her opinion on Lelouch's whole ZR plan.

Oh and 500 posts! Lets keep the thread going strong everyone
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 01:57   Link #503
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah, but that's the thing. Offhand I can't think of any scenes in ZR that were directly related to her. What episodes exactly are going to be on the DVD? Also, I wonder how this narration will work? Is it like audio commentary where the speakers just talk over the original audio? Well, at any rate maybe we can get her opinion on Lelouch's whole ZR plan.

Oh and 500 posts! Lets keep the thread going strong everyone
I like to know too. From my knowledge, it has to be a recap summary of the whole R2. This is one way they could go about doing it. Shirley is one of the factors where everything starts to go downhill and one of the reasons Zero Requiem is created. I would prefer narration of their thoughts about Lelouch as they go through the major events in R2. Of course, the narration will have to fade off as the events unfolds.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 02:57   Link #504
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I like to know too. From my knowledge, it has to be a recap summary of the whole R2. This is one way they could go about doing it. Shirley is one of the factors where everything starts to go downhill and one of the reasons Zero Requiem is created. I would prefer narration of their thoughts about Lelouch as they go through the major events in R2. Of course, the narration will have to fade off as the events unfolds.
Ah, now I hadn't thought of that. Since this DVD focuses on ZR I assumed the narrative would just focus on that aspect of the show. But you may be right, they may give a whole recap of R2, in which case it would be much easier to pinpoint events regarding the characters. Then again, I hope this won't be basically just a recap. I'd like it if they could give even a little bit of insight and some new information we may not know.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring this over from the Generic Discussion thread. It's based on an interview that occurred among Lelouch's and Rolo's seiyuus and one of the show's producers.
Quote:
I find it really interesting that Rolo's seiyuu was a huge fan of Shirley and felt terrible that he had to kill her off. He even went so far as to deny that Rolo could have killed her and that maybe he was using his geass to protect her (I thought the same thing! I know how you feel Daichuu) So yeah, Rolo's seiyuu feeling bad about Shirley's death. I think that says a lot.
Old 2009-05-31, 09:23   Link #505
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Oh, about the whole narration thing, it is kind of a rumor, do take it with a grain of salt chavos. 8D
But, well, it would be something exciting and refreshing to see, if it were to take place.

About Rolo's sy, yeah i did see on LJ and i was like "ah poor guy, you felt like the rest of us." Ironic but nice. 8)
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 13:12   Link #506
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, the whole narration thing makes sense, but we can't get ahead of ourselves for now and think that's what's going to happen, but yeah, it would be awesome to see Shirley POV about some things, specially about Lelouch, of course, hehe. And i want to see what she think about being one of the reasons for the zero requiem.
Spoiler:

Well, at the site i buy my dvds, here's the description of the zero requiem:
"Reconfigured Blu-ray release from anime series "Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2" featuring all 25 episodes. Includes new dubbing parts."

Last edited by Kid Ying; 2009-05-31 at 13:25.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 13:18   Link #507
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, the whole narration thing makes sense, but we can't get ahead of ourselves for now and think that's what's going to happen, but yeah, it would be awesome to see Shirley POV about some things, specially about Lelouch, of course, hehe. And i want to see what she think about being one of the reasons for the zero requiem. She'll be happy(because of the piece) or sad(because of all the people who died, including Lulu)? I don't have a clue.

"Reconfigured Blu-ray release from anime series "Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2" featuring all 25 episodes. Includes new dubbing parts."
I really wish you had spoilered the part about Lulu dying because I haven't finished the series yet, 2 more eps left for me. Thanks.
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 13:26   Link #508
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

.... Sorry.

And i mean it, i'm really sorry.
Old 2009-05-31, 14:18   Link #509
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Oh, about the whole narration thing, it is kind of a rumor, do take it with a grain of salt chavos. 8D
But, well, it would be something exciting and refreshing to see, if it were to take place.

About Rolo's sy, yeah i did see on LJ and i was like "ah poor guy, you felt like the rest of us." Ironic but nice. 8)
Oh don't worry, I know it's just a rumor. But hey, nothing wrong with speculating and having something to talk about. Just so long as everyone remembers that it may not even happen.

Quote:
Oh, so it's going to have all 25 episodes? Now that's interesting, I thought it was only going to have the last few episodes. Well, thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
I really wish you had spoilered the part about Lulu dying because I haven't finished the series yet, 2 more eps left for me. Thanks.
Ooh, sorry about that buddy. But to be honest, you gotta be careful because spoilers pretty much are fair game here, since pretty much all of us have seen the entire series. Even so, sorry.
Old 2009-05-31, 14:20   Link #510
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
.... Sorry.

And i mean it, i'm really sorry.
Aw, don't feel bad.
Of course it's never nice when someone gets spoilered and Senbon Zakura has my sympathy there, but really, it's never a good idea to go into a forum of a series that is already finished and read through the threads there if you aren't done with it yourself yet. Because, let's face it, no one there will be bothering with spoiler tags anymore.
We're all to blame - hell, fandom nature is to blame.
So... don't feel too bad about it. And I'm saying that because I know I would totally beat myself up over something like this, even though - as I already said - no one here really bothers with spoiler tags anymore.
Old 2009-05-31, 15:00   Link #511
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
When a series has ended, like 9 months ago, it is the most natural thing, to discuss all of it. Not really kid ying's fault.
And who deinfes what a "spoiler" is? If someone joins now, and has only watched the first three episodes, and we are discussing about Shirley's death, does this person have the right to rave towards us, for ruining something, that has been aired 2+ years ago? I mean, a finished series = all the materials up for discussion. {meaning, watch it first, and then come and discuss}
With this kind of logic, each one should mark their posts as spoilers, honest.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:07   Link #512
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Aw, don't feel bad.
Of course it's never nice when someone gets spoilered and Senbon Zakura has my sympathy there, but really, it's never a good idea to go into a forum of a series that is already finished and read through the threads there if you aren't done with it yourself yet. Because, let's face it, no one there will be bothering with spoiler tags anymore.
We're all to blame - hell, fandom nature is to blame.
So... don't feel too bad about it. And I'm saying that because I know I would totally beat myself up over something like this, even though - as I already said - no one here really bothers with spoiler tags anymore.
No, it was my fault really. I was just cranky at the time because of...well, my parents are fighting, have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started yet and other mundane affairs.

Kekekeke CG pun.

Anyway, I apologize, I came off a bit sullen.
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:43   Link #513
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
No, it was my fault really. I was just cranky at the time because of...well, my parents are fighting, have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started yet and other mundane affairs.

Kekekeke CG pun.

Anyway, I apologize, I came off a bit sullen.
Sounds like you had a bad day It's okay Senbon, we all have those. Don't worry about it.

BTW, your Kallen sig is beyond sexy.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:06   Link #514
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The title of CG's Miss Fanservice: Shirley, or Kallen?
Old 2009-05-31, 23:02   Link #515
Nobodyman9
Banned

Uh, I would have to say that it's definitely Kallen
Old 2009-05-31, 23:03   Link #516
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Shirley didn't get much fanservice, so of those two... definitely Kallen.

Though CC sure had a lot of skimpy clothing scenes, too...
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 23:52   Link #517
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I don't remember any Shirley fanservice at all, besides that pantsu pic with Kallen announcing the R2.
Old 2009-06-01, 00:05   Link #518
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I don't remember any Shirley fanservice at all, besides that pantsu pic with Kallen announcing the R2.
Well, there was that shower scene in Turn 12. Plus, there's probably a few others out there (that I can't think of ^_^; )
Old 2009-06-01, 00:53   Link #519
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Milly certainly helped herself, if you know what I mean.
Old 2009-06-01, 01:10   Link #520
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One must consider the scenes of her getting changed in the locker room (like when she hadn't buttoned up her shirt while giving the "love is power!" speech), and her swimsuit waitress outfit.

And you could even consider her stuffing Viletta into a skimpy bikini is fanservice courtesy of Shirley.