AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2003-11-27, 02:03   Link #41
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
It seems a lot of the guys in this thread won't buy the game becuz you have to play as (a) girl(s). A lot of the guys, not counting those who don't mind playing female characters, seem kinda sexist when games like this are released.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 02:17   Link #42
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

Grr I've been playing the game for a while and I'm really lost and confused. Does anybody know where I can find a decent guide for FFX-2 online? Cause frankly I dont fell like spending $15 for book that I probably wouldn't read after I beat the game.
Kawaii_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 08:15   Link #43
JacobM5727

Send a message via ICQ to JacobM5727 Send a message via AIM to JacobM5727 Send a message via Yahoo to JacobM5727
while it is true that the mere exsistance of this game is a mockery to the final fantasy series, i must play it

why?

because it looks better then x, which i played, and can confidently say "almost as bad as 8" - from what i have heard, it has many improvements, things that made ffx so bad have (hopefully) been sort of resolved, and if thats the case, i may as well play it, i like the characters for the most part, and, well, at least its not xi (creepy tiny people)
JacobM5727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 11:03   Link #44
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I find it some how ironic that guys won't play FFX-2 because you have to play as a girl *gasp!* Yet there are all these girls who play other FF games who have to play as the guys. I don't see what the problem is really.... I mean I think they drew Rikku Yuna and Paine that way so guys would play the game.

I got a free poster with mine, and if I were a guy I would hang it up in my room. But I don't care to see halfway up Yuna's butt

kawaii_sennin:I can direct you to www.ffx-2.com They have lots of goodies as well as a walkthrough ^.^
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 11:41   Link #45
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
It is outside the usual style of the series to have the player play as females. Normally the female characters are the weak support characters while the males are the strong characters who battle and keep the group alive with brute force.

But, even though you are being forced to play as only female characters, it may add alot to the final fantasy X story and it still could be alot of fun. Just for hte pure fact that I am basically obsessed with the final fantasy series (been playing since SNES and probably always will) I will still play it, I will still end up buying it, just because it's titled final fantasy, it's kind of sad really..
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 13:50   Link #46
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I usually play RPGs (those that allow you to choose a gender) as females. I certainly have no problems playing FFX-2 in that aspect. It doesn't matter what gender the main chars are anyway.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 17:08   Link #47
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Pwah!
Finally, I have rented FFX-2!
I don;t mind playing as a female character, and it
really disapoints me when guys say
'Im not playing it because it breaks FF tradition'
when the real reason is they just don't want to play as girls girls.

I personally find Yuna to be very cool, Rikku very funny and I have no opinion of paine as I have not seen much of her.
Before you complain about how bad this game is and all that, play it...
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 18:12   Link #48
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
The game looks REALLY good. The whole playing as female characters thing doesn't really bother me as I'm sure the strength difference that there normally is won't be a problem when the game seems to have an all female cast.

I loved the teaser with Yuna singing.. that song is so addicting.. *starts humming*

I think it will still sell very well even though some people do not want to play if the game has a female cast. It is sitll a final fantasy, it will still build on the story from the first final fantasy X, it will still reveal some things that were not revealed in the first one and will be one heck of a fun game. I look either renting it next weekend (I have to work this weekend *curses*) or buying a copy after I get paid next week.

Do not base whether you rent or play the game on the fact that the cast is all or almost all female, it will still be a great game, I have trust in SquareEnix ^_^
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 20:52   Link #49
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i dont mind playing as them either cept that they are too hot to be control ^_^
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 23:58   Link #50
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ah! I just finished playing a part of FFX-2!
Got to Kilika and saved.

Anyways, I have to say, the music is just wonderful, very up-beat! It gets stuck in your head very easily!

The graphics, are wonderful, a tad-bit better the the original FFX.

I aslo like the style of the opening, where it introduces all the characters names, very unique ^^.

Overall, this is far greater then what I had expected!

Rikku: Do we need another password?
Paine: I say we try 'kick-its-ass'...

Yuna: Key-mon?
Rikku: Monkey!!
Old 2003-11-28, 00:18   Link #51
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Heh, I remember that first conversation. I don't really like the combat winning music though. It's just me.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 00:48   Link #52
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I finally started playing it today and the intro was WTF? Charlie's Angels indeed. I don't mind playin' as a girl but the dress spheres and garments are still confusing me. There's too many and u don't know which works in which situation. I'll keep playing it coz I want to find out what happened to Tidus but it is a little girly. My brothers and sister started crackin' up when they saw the whole dance intro and asked me "Will u really be playing that?". I hid my head in shame and told them to just pop in Need For Speed:Underground. I'll play the game when they all go to sleep.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 01:15   Link #53
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_Sennin
Grr I've been playing the game for a while and I'm really lost and confused. Does anybody know where I can find a decent guide for FFX-2 online? Cause frankly I dont fell like spending $15 for book that I probably wouldn't read after I beat the game.
You can try www.gamefaqs.com too!

Anyway, even if I'm a guy, I'm definitely gonna try FFX-2! Once a FF fan, always a FF fan! FF rocks!
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 02:01   Link #54
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I agree the opening was a little wierd, but also very funny!
I've watched it twice now ^^"

It gets better later on.
At the moment, I am raising my abilities in Kilika forest.
Paine must learn assualt, only 18 more monsters
Old 2003-11-28, 10:10   Link #55
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk

Rikku: Do we need another password?
Paine: I say we try 'kick-its-ass'...
I loved that part Paine is denfinitely a nice second character. But Rikku is still my favorite among them all.

Well lets see I am in the midst of chapter 2 with 38% done so far. Exciting... I won't be able toplay it today since my sister is home. Cause Ilike to play it for 3 hours at a time, sometimes more. I usually only have Paine being a warrior, Rikku a Black mage and Yuna a Gun person. But I need to level up on those other dresspheres. Or else I'll be screwed like last time when it comes to higher up boss's
Old 2003-11-28, 11:18   Link #56
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Heh, right now, I'm at the part
where you have to hunt down the LeBlanc
uniforms. Currently on Mt. Gagazet...Hot springs.

Anyways, I chose to give the sphere to New Yevon,
What did you people pick?
Old 2003-11-28, 12:05   Link #57
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I chose to give it to Youth League, cause its the only way that you'll beable to earn 100% And I have 2 of the LeBlanc's uniforms and on my way to get the third one.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:54   Link #58
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yay, I finally got all three and I am
underground in the Chateau LeBlanc.

I'm not trying to get 100% this time around, since I'm only renting it.

I hope to get it for Christmas
so no fun spoiling the whole thing now!
Old 2003-11-28, 15:48   Link #59
Drae
Inactive Member

yeah i'm on my search for the uniforms as we speak. But prince of Persia is stealing my FFX-2 time. *sigh* some many games so little time to play them.
Drae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 15:57   Link #60
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

You can find the dresses here:
Spoiler: