AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-08, 18:50   Link #101
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That douchebag brought it upon himself, really. This happens when you have bird droppings for brains. Good riddance.

Seriously? They couldn't have made it more tame if they tried. And it happens off-screen, we can only tell since Asuna is naked in bed afterwards. Not to mention, both Asuna and Kirito are well above the Japanese age of consent, and there are no STDs or contraception to worry about in an MMO. And they just went through a life or death situation that was a bit too close for comfort.
It was kinda stupid what Godfree did. In a game where any mistake is real death, why risk it by taking the crystals from them? You'd just specify them to not use any unless it's a real emergency. Besides to use your crystals you need to take it out and shout the command, not like you can't see or monitor it. You don't need to set the building on fire for an emergency escape drill!
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 18:59   Link #102
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Seriously? They couldn't have made it more tame if they tried. And it happens off-screen, we can only tell since Asuna is naked in bed afterwards. Not to mention, both Asuna and Kirito are obviously deeply in love and are well above the Japanese age of consent. Plus, there are no STDs or contraception to worry about in an MMO. And they just went through a life or death situation that was a bit too close for comfort.
I'm not one of the "oh noes teh teens having sex". The scene sounded to ME like "Hey, we had sex, lets get married". I don't know, maybe with another setting. Like in the morning, after breakfast? Ok, that sounded like "hey, you cook good, marry me".
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:02   Link #103
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Nobody saying anything about poor Godfrey? Damn, he appears for a few minutes and poof, he's gone. I was almost crying there.

The feeling that you know you're dying. Argh.

Episode felt rather fast but I guessed it'll do. Not enough of moe Asuna. Demand more angry Asuna.
His death was just overshadowed by the amount of delightful scenes involving Asuna and Kirito near the end of the ep. haha.
On the serious side, it's too bad he got killed shortly after he was introduced. He seemed like a really good guy too.

In any case, that was an enjoyable episode. It really makes me wonder if Asuna always looks at the map to keep track of Kirito's location in every chance she gets.

As for the battle, it was pretty good and satisfying. I actually thought Kirito could win due to some rumors that I've heard in the past. It feels great to have my initial expectations to be blown out of proportion. Hah. I couldn't keep myself from chuckling when Kirito was thinking of Asuna's homemade food and feeding him, then the scene switches to the unappetizing bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Episode 10 with comparison to the novels
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It looked fine, but his black attire is definitely much more preferable in terms of design. XD

Indeed. I could sense the blood lust from her glare. It was unfortunate she couldn't deal the finishing blow.

The kissing scene was cute and heartwarming, but what followed was just beyond my wildest imaginations. I thought for sure that nothing will happen in the anime, but wow... I didn't expect the episode to even show the aftermath of their lovemaking session.

Hmmm, it really makes me curious if Japan's censorship laws was applied to the game... the censorship of their privates is what I'm talking about. Oh, c'mon. I can't be the only one who's bothered by it, no? haha

Last but not least, the marriage proposal at the end made me smile so much. Asuna looked so happy too when she heard it.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:06   Link #104
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
I'm not one of the "oh noes teh teens having sex". The scene sounded to ME like "Hey, we had sex, lets get married". I don't know, maybe with another setting. Like in the morning, after breakfast? Ok, that sounded like "hey, you cook good, marry me".
To me it seemed like he really, honestly, wanted to be with her and protect her and be protected by her always and forever and ever and ever.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:07   Link #105
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Apologies if someone has covered this, but did anyone else find it out of character that Kirito has just killed a man for the first time, and instead of shock and remorse he has an "I'm going to Disney World!!" moment and kisses his girlfriend? It's not that Kuradeel wasn't a terrible person (and a terrible Scooby Doo caliber villain, too) but the point is, Kirito isn't a terrible person - shouldn't he feel great distresss about what just happened?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:10   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He was afraid for his life and realised he wanted to be with Asuna and then Asuna came and saved him and then the assailant tried to kill Asuna so he stept in and defended her with all he had. Intentionally made into an unbearingly long sentence because that's how much was going on. I don't think "what have I done" had any time to go through his head because everything was thinking "I need Asuna with me".

There was more than just happiness to the kissing scene you know? There was also a certain uncertainty to it as well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:10   Link #107
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Apologies if someone has covered this, but did anyone else find it out of character that Kirito has just killed a man for the first time, and instead of shock and remorse he has an "I'm going to Disney World!!" moment and kisses his girlfriend? It's not that Kuradeel wasn't a terrible person (and a terrible Scooby Doo caliber villain, too) but the point is, Kirito isn't a terrible person - shouldn't he feel great distresss about what just happened?
Ah, that? I got carried away by the moment so that didn't even cross my mind at all. Shame on me. Maybe he'll show some guilt about taking another person's life later on? Perhaps the novel was more detailed about his train of thought about that issue.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:10   Link #108
Longiy

Damn, I was quite surprised about the fact that Kirito sailed into her bay, definitely did not expect that. Anyways still can't really comprehend nor imagine the game mechanics for that. I wonder how they're real bodies were affected...ok better not think about that too much
Old 2012-09-08, 19:12   Link #109
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Well, i think there will be consecuences, not just now. The emphasis was in KiSuna (Kirito/Asuna) more than other things. The "Murderer" thath Kuradeel says at the end probably will play a part in the future, now i think he is happy to be alive, to be with Asuna, and of "other things".
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:12   Link #110
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longiy View Post
Anyways still can't really comprehend nor imagine the game mechanics for that. I wonder how they're real bodies were affected...ok better not think about that too much
I'm sure their body chemistry was greatly affected with that exercise that they had. Hormone levels especially. I bet the monitoring medical staff were wondering about the cause of the sudden change in their heart rate too. lol.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:16   Link #111
Wintersun
C.C.'s Servant

Spoiler for question about this episode, open only if you watched it:
Wintersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:20   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
I wondered that, too. It really played almost as if it were a cheat.

As to Kirito being caught up in the moment, etc. - well, killing someone is a pretty big deal if you're not a psychopath. Yeah, it was a dangerous situation and Asuna is adorable and all and he's happy to be alive - but somewhere, I think there needed to be an acknowledgment that he was troubled by it. And he clearly wasn't too troubled by it to go to Asuna's house, become a man and get engaged.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:20   Link #113
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Do we know that he necessarily hasn't killed anyone? (He blames himself for the Black Cat guild deaths amyway...). Besides that I think his main thought right then was that Asuna was blaming herself for what happened and was saying she was going to go away from Kirito, but after all that just happened her leaving is the last thing he wanted. Besides, how much remorse is he supposed to feel at that moment for the person who attempted to kill both him and Asuna? Maybe later but right now I'd say he's just happy he's gone. Don't think that makes him particularly bad.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:22   Link #114
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
This will be answered later in the series.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:22   Link #115
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Do we know that he necessarily hasn't killed anyone? Besides that I think his main thought right then was that Asuna was blaming herself for what happened and was saying she was going to go away from Kirito, but after all that just happened her leaving is the last thing he wanted. Besides, how much remorse is supposed to feel at that moment for the person who attempted to kill both him and Asuna? Maybe later but right now I'd say he's just happy he's gone. Don't think that makes him particularly bad.
I'm not saying it makes him bad. I think the fact that he's clearly not bad makes it odd that there's no mention of him feeling terrible remorse, which is what a good person would feel.

I can't say with certainly that Kirito hasn't killed offscreen, but consider how big a deal the series makes about the sanctity of life - and how much Kirito seems to believe in that himself - wouldn't that be a big enough deal that it should have played a huge role in the story, if it happened?
Old 2012-09-08, 19:23   Link #116
Clarste
Human

Quote:
I wondered that, too. It really played almost as if it were a cheat.

As to Kirito being caught up in the moment, etc. - well, killing someone is a pretty big deal if you're not a psychopath. Yeah, it was a dangerous situation and Asuna is adorable and all and he's happy to be alive - but somewhere, I think there needed to be an acknowledgment that he was troubled by it. And he clearly wasn't too troubled by it to go to Asuna's house, become a man and get engaged.
He was troubled by it. He wanted to stay at her house because he was too emotional fragile to stay alone. He wanted someone to comfort him (in the innocent sense!) because he was traumatized. Asuna interpreted this as sex for some reason, but Kirito just didn't want to be alone after doing that. Even though he's been alone for 2 years. So yeah, this was a big shift for him.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:28   Link #117
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

the action was awesome!!! and so is the implied bed action scenes lol
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:31   Link #118
Jerseykid

I vote for Kirito losing the duel because of a cheat. Just too out of place from the norm, combined with the commander's overconfidence in making the challenge, plus better plot ramifications then it just being another unique skill
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:50   Link #119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thanks for the clarification. Still seems odd that we wouldn't see more of a reaction in the moment (or even after) but it is what it is.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:51   Link #120
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

They are now officially a couple. Now, they just need to get married in RL as well. I bet his family will be surprised by their son's hot wife.

The Commander's trick seems fishy. Something tells me he has secret. Beta tester perhaps?