AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-17, 13:50   Link #1161
Dextro
He Without a Title

They're ditching the turn based combat system? If that's the way this is going I'm moving my hype slide from "ZOMFG TAKE MY MONEY" to "I'll wait for the reviews".

The combat and that gorgeous engine were the main things that drew me to the games in the first place. Hardly anyone is doing turn based strategy these days and VC had a fantastic system.
Old 2015-11-17, 14:57   Link #1162
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think I'll get the remaster of the first game for PS4. I was interested in the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles, but I prefer to play on PS4 over PC.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2015-11-17 at 15:33.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 02:37   Link #1163
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, changing up the battle system is a risky move. Certainly intrigued by a new Valkyria game but....will stay on the fence for now.
Old 2015-11-18, 03:03   Link #1164
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Cautiously interested then. The thing I love most about VC is its battle system. Will wait and see how the new one play out.
Old 2015-11-18, 05:35   Link #1165
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Bit sad that they are changing the battle system, hope the new game will be fun.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 20:41   Link #1166
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
As much as I love Valkyria Chronicles, I'll definitely skip on the PS4 remaster. I have a hard time justifying getting any game I have for an older system and have beat several times.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 07:08   Link #1167
SineMora
Wait for it...

Hype ALIVE! No wait, that's HYPE SUPERCHARGED WITH OVER 9000 TONNES OF RAGNITE!

Why you ask? CAUSE YOU DON'T INSTANTLY RETURN HOME FROM A BATTLEFIELD DAMNIT, You march your troops back! That opens up for enemy ambush while your morale is low due to a tired army.
And did they just hinted base building? AWW YEAHH
And Real Time for something new!

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 15:25   Link #1168
Iron Maw
Banned

First look at Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Valkyria Chronicles Remaster

There are really nice looking shots here, but yeah this looks like a landlocked sequel to Skies of Arcadia (now with mechs!) than it does to Valkyira Chronicles.

I'm okay with that though!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 17:57   Link #1169
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Why you ask? CAUSE YOU DON'T INSTANTLY RETURN HOME FROM A BATTLEFIELD DAMNIT, You march your troops back! That opens up for enemy ambush while your morale is low due to a tired army.
As tempting as such a strategem is, I would keep in mind the words of Sun Tzu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'The Art of War' ch. 7 pts. 35-36
Do not swallow bait offered by the enemy. Do not interfere with an army that is returning home.

When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
There are really nice looking shots here, but yeah this looks like a landlocked sequel to Skies of Arcadia (now with mechs!) than it does to Valkyira Chronicles. :heh:

I'm okay with that though!
It is indeed interesting, and merits continued observation.

I do wonder if the two games will have some just-for-fun cross-pollination DLC.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 05:10   Link #1170
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Trailer is out!
Old 2015-11-20, 06:12   Link #1171
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Not bad, i hope we ll get a gameplay video soon enough.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 11:03   Link #1172
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

More info of the game's story on ANN.

Quote:
From the plentiful Ragnite came the "magical art," and it brought the people many blessings. From the people, there were a select few who saw Ragnite's industrial potential, and started heavy magical industries to exploit it, and make it available to everyone. So began the "Azure Revolution," a great industrial revolution that changed the world.
The Azure Revolution transformed industry and society itself, with the Ragnite resource marking a turning point in history, and changing the face of warfare as well. The age of monarchy had begun.

In 1853, a hundred years after the beginning of the Azure Revolution, the small southern European nation of Jutland launched an assault against a base of the Rus Empire, one of the world's great powers. In accordance to its principles, the Rus Empire retaliated with an economic blockade and embargo, and in time Jutland was impoverished. Jutland proclaimed "independence and liberation from the colonialism of the great powers" and declared war on the Rus Empire, who employed a Valkyria in its ranks.

The young men and women who participated in what would later be called the "Miraculous War of Liberation" will be judged to be the greatest criminals in history. This is a war of liberation that hides a motive of personal revenge.
So the game takes place at least 80 years before the Valkyria Chronicles trilogy.
Old 2015-11-20, 11:54   Link #1173
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This is going to be one of those prequels where the technology is more advanced than that of the chronological sequels aren't they?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 16:58   Link #1174
Dextro
He Without a Title

That trailer at least has a very good looking and distinct art style but for some reason it doesn't strike me with the same feel as the original game. Didn't really give me that feel of a watercolor painting but maybe they're going for a different yet still artsy feel this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This is going to be one of those prequels where the technology is more advanced than that of the chronological sequels aren't they?
Well, to be fair the original game did show ruins that pointed to an ancient civilization that was rather advanced. Doesn't really surprise me.
Old 2015-11-20, 17:53   Link #1175
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sigh... please don't kill off Selvaria's Ancestor in a stupid way again.
Old 2015-11-20, 18:41   Link #1176
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Still holding off any impression until we get some gameplay footage.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 19:40   Link #1177
Frontier

That song in the trailer was really nice .

The graphics look very nice, if not necessarily in the same way as past Valkyria Chronicles games (though they've confirmed it's a new engine). I'm definitely curious to see more about the gameplay, characters, and story but so far I think it looks like an interesting addition to the franchise despite how different it is from past games. At least we still have beautiful Valkryia .

It would be awesome if, should this spinoff prove successful, we eventually get a new Chronicles game .
Old 2015-11-20, 20:27   Link #1178
Sacredus

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=300
Quote:
戦場のヴァルキュリアとは世界観から別物で、ラグナイトは出てきてもエネルギー源というだけでなく魔法的な 側面を持ち、ヴァルキュリアも人間より超 常的な存在と いう設定になっている
・タイトルが定着し、戦場シリーズと革命シリーズと呼ばれるようになってくれればいい
Quote:
This game occurs on different universe from Valkyria Chronicles with different setting. While ragnite exists in this universe it isn't only an enrgy source but also magical properties, and Valkyries are more mythological being than original series.
We wish this series also get established too and hoping people refer the games to "Chronicles series" and "Revolution series".
NeoGaf topic, valkyria portal and new game webpage

I really love these character and mecha designs, but Brunhild... looks too similar to Selveria.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 21:18   Link #1179
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Nice teaser. I love the look of it and actually prefer it to Chronicles. Got me more excited and looking forward to gameplay.

This should deserve its own thread though.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 00:33   Link #1180
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=300

NeoGaf topic, valkyria portal and new game webpage

I really love these character and mecha designs, but Brunhild... looks too similar to Selveria.
So it's set in an AU from the VC trilogy. Well that explains why Azure has steampunk mechs while VC doesn't.